Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunny Bournemouth Match Thread 16:31 - Sep 13 with 36601 viewsPinnerPaul

Just in case my granddaughter prevents me from getting on here tomorrow, and someone unwittingly breaks the 'spell', I'm going (very) early!

1-0 to us - Willock.
Sunny Bournemouth Match Thread on 07:49 - Sep 14 with 5243 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

I haven't actually seen anything of them this season but reading Clive's interview with the Bournemouth fan - he said they are "high intensity pressing high" which is exactly what we struggle against. See Barnsley 1st half. Warbs will have to change something from the off tonight. A point would be a good result IMO.

2-2 (Dickie + Dykes)
Sunny Bournemouth Match Thread on 07:54 - Sep 14 with 5233 viewsCamberleyR

Fearing the worst with Stroud reffing but think we'll grind out a 1-1 (Gray).

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Sunny Bournemouth Match Thread on 07:55 - Sep 14 with 5234 viewsRs_Holy

Sky, Stroud, small away allocation, Scott Bleed'n Parker (never liked him)... I think this one might be a bridge too far for our boys.... 2-0 to Bournemouth... really hope I'm wrong.
Sunny Bournemouth Match Thread on 08:07 - Sep 14 with 5209 viewsozranger

Heading down on the 10:08 so that the missus and I can make a day of it - f'ing weather!

Not overly confident and hope the 1300+ of us there will give the boys enough momentum to keep our undefeated record going. I'd be happy with a draw.
Sunny Bournemouth Match Thread on 08:08 - Sep 14 with 5208 viewsJAPRANGERS

5-5 init
Sunny Bournemouth Match Thread on 08:13 - Sep 14 with 5174 viewsRBlock

Sunny Bournemouth Match Thread on 07:49 - Sep 14 by BlackAndGoldRanger

I haven't actually seen anything of them this season but reading Clive's interview with the Bournemouth fan - he said they are "high intensity pressing high" which is exactly what we struggle against. See Barnsley 1st half. Warbs will have to change something from the off tonight. A point would be a good result IMO.

2-2 (Dickie + Dykes)

Is this the sort of game we start Gray in? Pace to get in behind an aggressive press and high backline. Also gives Charlie a rest. I'd love to see Dykes back, but heard mention of an injury always with Scotland.
Sunny Bournemouth Match Thread on 08:14 - Sep 14 with 5169 viewsstevec

Much as I’m enjoying our football, I’ll be happy with any point we can pick up from Bournemouth, WBA or Fulham.

2-0 Bournemouth.
Sunny Bournemouth Match Thread on 08:19 - Sep 14 with 5152 viewsHooparoo

This is our big chance to lay down a marker.

Carpe diem!

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Login to get fewer ads

Sunny Bournemouth Match Thread on 08:28 - Sep 14 with 5132 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I'm gonna go for a draw.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Sunny Bournemouth Match Thread on 08:34 - Sep 14 with 5122 viewsNorthernr

Fck me we were planning tinnies on the beach today, what is this weather?
Sunny Bournemouth Match Thread on 08:45 - Sep 14 with 5091 viewseastside_r

If this game is on Sky does that mean that it won’t be on iFollow / QPR+ for a tenner to stream?
Sunny Bournemouth Match Thread on 08:49 - Sep 14 with 5079 viewscolinallcars

Sunny Bournemouth Match Thread on 08:19 - Sep 14 by Hooparoo

This is our big chance to lay down a marker.

Carpe diem!

Apres moi le deluge !
Sunny Bournemouth Match Thread on 09:02 - Sep 14 with 5028 viewsHooparoo

Sunny Bournemouth Match Thread on 08:49 - Sep 14 by colinallcars

Apres moi le deluge !

😃

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Sunny Bournemouth Match Thread on 09:15 - Sep 14 with 5002 viewsPinnerPaul

Sunny Bournemouth Match Thread on 08:34 - Sep 14 by Northernr

Fck me we were planning tinnies on the beach today, what is this weather?

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast/gcn8t1p3y#?nearestTo=Bournemouth%2

According to that well known fictional website, the met office, not too bad down there.

PS Granddaughter due to arrive in 15 minutes!
[Post edited 14 Sep 2021 9:16]
Sunny Bournemouth Match Thread on 09:17 - Sep 14 with 4991 viewsPinnerPaul

Sunny Bournemouth Match Thread on 08:45 - Sep 14 by eastside_r

If this game is on Sky does that mean that it won’t be on iFollow / QPR+ for a tenner to stream?

Yep - audio only unless you live in a dark market country!
Sunny Bournemouth Match Thread on 09:22 - Sep 14 with 4976 viewsQPRSteve

The Stroud factor worries me - playing against 12 men is never easy. Hoping for a draw but with him in charge and the Sky factor, we'll probably get robbed.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2021 9:22]
Sunny Bournemouth Match Thread on 09:22 - Sep 14 with 4970 viewsstowmarketrange

Sunny Bournemouth Match Thread on 08:07 - Sep 14 by ozranger

Heading down on the 10:08 so that the missus and I can make a day of it - f'ing weather!

Not overly confident and hope the 1300+ of us there will give the boys enough momentum to keep our undefeated record going. I'd be happy with a draw.

I’m on the 09.35 from Waterloo.Meeting my bro at the station for food and maybe a pint or 6.
Prediction is 2-2.
Sunny Bournemouth Match Thread on 09:23 - Sep 14 with 4966 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

Sunny Bournemouth Match Thread on 08:13 - Sep 14 by RBlock

Is this the sort of game we start Gray in? Pace to get in behind an aggressive press and high backline. Also gives Charlie a rest. I'd love to see Dykes back, but heard mention of an injury always with Scotland.

I would go with Gray from the start and bring Dykes on later (if fit enough).
Concerned about the space behind our wingbacks.
Sunny Bournemouth Match Thread on 09:27 - Sep 14 with 4946 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Sunny Bournemouth Match Thread on 07:55 - Sep 14 by Rs_Holy

Sky, Stroud, small away allocation, Scott Bleed'n Parker (never liked him)... I think this one might be a bridge too far for our boys.... 2-0 to Bournemouth... really hope I'm wrong.

Can we please use his full name going forward out of respect of his phenomenal international career and as coined by our tabloid press? Actual real life full name is 'Brave Scotty brave Parker'. Agree though never liked him.
Sunny Bournemouth Match Thread on 09:41 - Sep 14 with 4892 viewsnix

Sunny Bournemouth Match Thread on 09:23 - Sep 14 by BlackAndGoldRanger

I would go with Gray from the start and bring Dykes on later (if fit enough).
Concerned about the space behind our wingbacks.

With Gray though, they'd think twice before bringing their defenders too far up because of his pace.

I'd play him against the high press because I don't think we can risk starting slowly and giving them a head start.

Maybe too much for us tonight. 2-1 Bournemouth.
Sunny Bournemouth Match Thread on 09:46 - Sep 14 with 4878 viewsTheChef

Heading down later. My last away game was at Birmingham in December 2019, a similar result would be lovely. Thankfully without Todd Kane running at pace with the ball towards his own goal.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Sunny Bournemouth Match Thread on 10:05 - Sep 14 with 4839 viewsfrancisbowles

Sunny Bournemouth Match Thread on 09:41 - Sep 14 by nix

With Gray though, they'd think twice before bringing their defenders too far up because of his pace.

I'd play him against the high press because I don't think we can risk starting slowly and giving them a head start.

Maybe too much for us tonight. 2-1 Bournemouth.

Positive
Sunny Bournemouth Match Thread on 10:06 - Sep 14 with 4837 viewsdaveB

Bournemouth should beat us but will be good to see where we are as a team as this will be the strongest team we've played so far.

Key for me is staying in the game, if we can get to an hour either in front or level I fancy us to beat them with an Austin, Adomah or Gray coming off the bench
Sunny Bournemouth Match Thread on 10:41 - Sep 14 with 4750 viewsGloryHunter

Austin to start, for me, to let Gary Cahill know he's in a game. And to open the scoring too, hopefully.
Sunny Bournemouth Match Thread on 10:42 - Sep 14 with 4746 viewsBklynRanger

For some reason I think it could be one of those where we play out of our skins and hold a lead for a decent stretch but get pegged back.

Should be a good barometer anyway if you'll pardon the weather pun - if it had been this time last week would've been ideal.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024