Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Travelling to Germany 16:31 - Sep 14 with 2257 viewstoboboly

Anyone travelled to Germany in the last few weeks/months? Tried to read about restrictions but it is all clear as mud, am double vaccinated so wondered whether we would have to quarantine?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Travelling to Germany on 16:57 - Sep 14 with 2197 viewswillis1980

Ive been planning to get back for a while, from what I could glean the Germans dont require you to do anything other than be double vaccinated to avoid quarantine. The airlines and the UK government require you to test 2 days before depature, then two days before return and then once youre back you then test again after 2 days.

Return flight to Hamburg £120.00
Test in the UK £85.00
Test in Hamburg £35.00 to £80.00
Test in UK 2 days after return £45.00

I was only plannng 4-5 days and am really put off by all of the leg work, stress, testing and additional expense if Im honest.
Travelling to Germany on 17:19 - Sep 14 with 2121 viewsthame_hoops

Travelling to Germany on 16:57 - Sep 14 by willis1980

Ive been planning to get back for a while, from what I could glean the Germans dont require you to do anything other than be double vaccinated to avoid quarantine. The airlines and the UK government require you to test 2 days before depature, then two days before return and then once youre back you then test again after 2 days.

Test in the UK £85.00

I was only plannng 4-5 days and am really put off by all of the leg work, stress, testing and additional expense if Im honest.

My girlfriend is in Frankfurt at the Moment and this above is 100% right ^^^
(No subject) (n/t) on 17:32 - Sep 14 with 2089 viewsBlackCrowe

Travelling to Germany on 16:57 - Sep 14 by willis1980

Test in the UK £85.00

Don't think the UK govt require you to test before flying out to your destination. The rest of it is correct though.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2021 17:33]

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Travelling to Germany on 17:35 - Sep 14 with 2066 viewseghamranger

You can get cheaper tests than that.

Express tests at Heathrow are cheaper or Dante labs.. that’s a postal one.
Travelling to Germany on 19:00 - Sep 14 with 1970 viewsE17hoop

I'll be out there for work in Feb and hoping the travel is a bit easier then.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Travelling to Germany on 19:14 - Sep 14 with 1944 viewshorshamHoop

You do not need to take a test departing the UK for Germany, just need to be double vaccinated.
The test to board to come back to the UK does not have to be PCR, so we advise travellers to take an antigen of lateral flow test with them and take it out there. Then you need to book and pay for a PCR test for day 2 on your arrival back in the UK - if you travel with the likes of BA then they have special rates of £43 for this.

It also depends when you are thinking of travelling as there are many rumours around that from 1 October, the Gov may do away with some of the testing .
Travelling to Germany on 19:30 - Sep 14 with 1915 viewsloftboy

Test aside if you’re travelling to Berlin the new airport there is getting slated particularly if you are elderly or have mobility issues.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Travelling to Germany on 20:52 - Sep 14 with 1850 viewsnottonyfernandes

You can get a free daily test in Germany which is accepted by the UK.
I had one before moving back to the UK in May and had no issues.

Here’s the site for Hamburg, it allows you to put in a UK address so think it’s not an issue that you’re not a resident.
https://covidzentrum.de/en/corona-test-hamburg/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwkIGKBhCxARIsAINMio

If you search covid test Zentrum and the city name, most of the major cities in Germany should have them.
Login to get fewer ads

Travelling to Germany on 21:44 - Sep 14 with 1814 viewswillis1980

Travelling to Germany on 17:35 - Sep 14 by eghamranger

You can get cheaper tests than that.

Express tests at Heathrow are cheaper or Dante labs.. that’s a postal one.

The question is will they turn up in time, I know of a couple people that have been stung by test results that didn’t appear in time
(No subject) (n/t) on 21:46 - Sep 14 with 1804 viewswillis1980

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:32 - Sep 14 by BlackCrowe

Don't think the UK govt require you to test before flying out to your destination. The rest of it is correct though.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2021 17:33]

If it’s not the government that requires the test before departure it’s the airline, the whole thing is a minefield. Which? Recently did a survey and the majority of airline helplines provided their callers with inaccurate information
Travelling to Germany on 21:49 - Sep 14 with 1793 viewswillis1980

Travelling to Germany on 19:30 - Sep 14 by loftboy

Test aside if you’re travelling to Berlin the new airport there is getting slated particularly if you are elderly or have mobility issues.

That airport has been sh1t show from start to finish, I heard that years ago they hooked it up to the grid and then couldn’t figure out how to switch the electricity back off again 🤣🤣🤣
Travelling to Germany on 09:45 - Sep 15 with 1624 viewstoboboly

Cheers guys, all useful info, a bit muddy still but basically if double jabbed and heading to Munich I won't need to quarantine unless I am positive in the Lateral Flow pre-flight or the German test after 2 days of landing?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Travelling to Germany on 09:58 - Sep 15 with 1607 viewswillis1980

Travelling to Germany on 09:45 - Sep 15 by toboboly

Cheers guys, all useful info, a bit muddy still but basically if double jabbed and heading to Munich I won't need to quarantine unless I am positive in the Lateral Flow pre-flight or the German test after 2 days of landing?

from what ive understood the test in germany is 2 days before your return flight to ensure youre safe to fly home and possibly not bringing any variant etc with you.
Travelling to Germany on 10:19 - Sep 15 with 1585 viewsBklynRanger

Not specific to Germany, but I went to Croatia in August - which is also green.

This is just my way of looking at it but other than accepting the cost of the testing as a fact of life at the moment I didn't find it that much of a hassle. I used the online service Qured which is on the approved list and found them to be good. It involved:

- Lateral Flow Test (Video supervised) a couple of days before flying 'Fit to Fly' it's called.
- Lateral Flow Test (Video supervised) a couple of days before returning home 'Return to UK' I think they termed it.
- A PCR test 2 days after being back which was delivered by DPD and I posted back (so no video, they just test it in a lab and send you the result)

The video part was very simple - just do a normal lateral flow in front of the person on the other end of the zoom call, write the date and time on the actual plastic test thing, send them a picture of your negative test beside your passport ID page after 15 mins. They then ping you back a pdf with all the test details and result on it - they said it could take up to 2 hrs after I sent the result but it came within 10 mins both times.

More of a faff than not doing it at all obviously, but I wouldn't let it stop me travelling tbh (if I hadn't spent all my money in Croatia).
Travelling to Germany on 11:40 - Sep 15 with 1519 viewsE17hoop

I was thinking of getting the Eurostar - environmentally better and also more comfortable - but having to change in France means a nightmare testing scenario. Since France are on the amber list at present, you have to quarantine after coming back to the UK unless you pay for a test to let you out early and they're in the £100+ bracket.

Travelling to Germany on 13:23 - Sep 15 with 1466 viewswillis1980

Travelling to Germany on 11:40 - Sep 15 by E17hoop

I was thinking of getting the Eurostar - environmentally better and also more comfortable - but having to change in France means a nightmare testing scenario. Since France are on the amber list at present, you have to quarantine after coming back to the UK unless you pay for a test to let you out early and they're in the £100+ bracket.

this would be my preffered mode of transport, its just not cheap to get to Hamburg and pretty time consuming (although the whole airport lark soaks up plenty of your day too).
London to Brussels (2hrs)
Brussels to Cologne (2hrs)
Cologne to Hamburg (4hrs)

if you were to take the thalys from burssels you might be classed as in transit, but then again Im not sure what Belgiums rating or rules are currently!
Travelling to Germany on 14:06 - Sep 15 with 1424 viewsLandshark

I drove from the UK to Germany last month and it was very easy. Like people have mentioned you just need to be double vaccinated. You also need to put your details into this website which is in English: https://www.einreiseanmeldung.de/#/

It was a lot more drama entering the UK than it was to Germany which is odd considering there is and was a lot higher cases in the UK.
Travelling to Germany on 15:41 - Sep 15 with 1362 viewsE17hoop

Travelling to Germany on 13:23 - Sep 15 by willis1980

this would be my preffered mode of transport, its just not cheap to get to Hamburg and pretty time consuming (although the whole airport lark soaks up plenty of your day too).
London to Brussels (2hrs)
Brussels to Cologne (2hrs)
Cologne to Hamburg (4hrs)

if you were to take the thalys from burssels you might be classed as in transit, but then again Im not sure what Belgiums rating or rules are currently!

I can go London - Paris - Frankfurt but have to change Gare du Nord/Gare de l'Est that isn't classed as transit.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024