Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pivotal week eight - Preview 19:23 - Sep 17 with 1648 viewsNorthernr

Pivotal week eight - Preview 17th Sep 2021 19:21
QPR return home after a week on the road to face a Bristol City team yet to really show its hand in a season many believed would be a real struggle for them. 2

Pivotal week eight - Preview on 08:24 - Sep 18 with 1010 viewsdmm

You're spot on that our current weaknesses are our wingbacks and DCM.

Wallace's eventual return will solve the left hand side but we can only hope Odubajo and/or Kakay improve on the right.

I expect we'll see Amos displacing Ball in CM. Whether it's Amos or Johansen pushes further forward will be interesting. Perhaps they will exchange positions within a game but that needs a high level of mutual understanding and they've not played together before.
Pivotal week eight - Preview on 09:35 - Sep 18 with 916 viewsgazza1

I think we have an excellent squad overall, one of the best in the Championship, we also have a top Manager in MW. We have enough to get into the top six and if we was a little more fortunate at Bournemouth we would have remained unbeaten - I don't give a shite how good or bad the opposition are, its about us & not them.

Some think we need better midfielders, others wide players and some better strikers....of course we would take some top quality players but we have enough now to do very well this season.

There are always going to be players that take the brunt of the fans, always, it goes back to Mick Leach to Alan Wilkes to AN other. Wallace was given a torrid time a while back - useless, too old, cant run, we need Hamo in the Team, etc, etc - now, how times have changed, we need him back, he is good, he gets up & down, etc, etc. Currently its Dom Ball, most of the criticism is very unfair, I hear we need Field, we need better, Ball is too slow, etc, etc - lets see eh if Field is ant better for the Team (we are lopsided already with left footed players)......my view is that Ball is decent and nobody in the Team covers more miles than him, makes more tackles than him, covers vacancy positions more than him. Of course he makes mistakes, don't they all, even hero & captain SJ!!! Players like Dom are gold dust.

Anyways, onwards & upwards, I expect a win today but I also want a good display.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2021 9:38]
Pivotal week eight - Preview on 09:54 - Sep 18 with 871 viewsQPROslo

Pivotal week eight - Preview on 08:24 - Sep 18 by dmm

You're spot on that our current weaknesses are our wingbacks and DCM.

Wallace's eventual return will solve the left hand side but we can only hope Odubajo and/or Kakay improve on the right.

I expect we'll see Amos displacing Ball in CM. Whether it's Amos or Johansen pushes further forward will be interesting. Perhaps they will exchange positions within a game but that needs a high level of mutual understanding and they've not played together before.

I'm wondering if Stefan will continue the 2nd half improvement at Bournemouth as our deepest midfield player again today, with Ball pushing further forward, or possibly replaced by Dozzell in that more forward position.
Pivotal week eight - Preview on 09:58 - Sep 18 with 864 viewsBazzeR

Pivotal week eight - Preview on 09:35 - Sep 18 by gazza1

I think we have an excellent squad overall, one of the best in the Championship, we also have a top Manager in MW. We have enough to get into the top six and if we was a little more fortunate at Bournemouth we would have remained unbeaten - I don't give a shite how good or bad the opposition are, its about us & not them.

Some think we need better midfielders, others wide players and some better strikers....of course we would take some top quality players but we have enough now to do very well this season.

There are always going to be players that take the brunt of the fans, always, it goes back to Mick Leach to Alan Wilkes to AN other. Wallace was given a torrid time a while back - useless, too old, cant run, we need Hamo in the Team, etc, etc - now, how times have changed, we need him back, he is good, he gets up & down, etc, etc. Currently its Dom Ball, most of the criticism is very unfair, I hear we need Field, we need better, Ball is too slow, etc, etc - lets see eh if Field is ant better for the Team (we are lopsided already with left footed players)......my view is that Ball is decent and nobody in the Team covers more miles than him, makes more tackles than him, covers vacancy positions more than him. Of course he makes mistakes, don't they all, even hero & captain SJ!!! Players like Dom are gold dust.

Anyways, onwards & upwards, I expect a win today but I also want a good display.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2021 9:38]

It could be a good indication on MW thoughts which players make the subs bench today.

Sorry didn’t mean to quote you Gazza1
[Post edited 18 Sep 2021 9:59]
Pivotal week eight - Preview on 11:21 - Sep 18 with 765 viewsgazza1

Pivotal week eight - Preview on 09:58 - Sep 18 by BazzeR

It could be a good indication on MW thoughts which players make the subs bench today.

Sorry didn’t mean to quote you Gazza1
[Post edited 18 Sep 2021 9:59]

NPs Bazzer.....yes picking the first 11 eh, however it does depend on fitness and recovery. I don't think there will be many changes depending on fitness, maybe Moses, maybe 2 up front, maybe slight changes in midfield. I would suggest that at least 7 of them are first names on the teamsheet....so only 4 to decide upon.
Pivotal week eight - Preview on 11:49 - Sep 18 with 719 viewsBazzeR

Pivotal week eight - Preview on 11:21 - Sep 18 by gazza1

NPs Bazzer.....yes picking the first 11 eh, however it does depend on fitness and recovery. I don't think there will be many changes depending on fitness, maybe Moses, maybe 2 up front, maybe slight changes in midfield. I would suggest that at least 7 of them are first names on the teamsheet....so only 4 to decide upon.

I don’t mean starters but which players don’t make the bench.

Other than Field and Wallace MW has a full squad to select from,I know Amos is pencilled in for Everton but he made the bench against Bournemouth.

Seven spots on the bench this season.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2021 11:51]
Pivotal week eight - Preview on 13:11 - Sep 18 with 614 viewsgazza1

Pivotal week eight - Preview on 11:49 - Sep 18 by BazzeR

I don’t mean starters but which players don’t make the bench.

Other than Field and Wallace MW has a full squad to select from,I know Amos is pencilled in for Everton but he made the bench against Bournemouth.

Seven spots on the bench this season.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2021 11:51]

Too tough to call Bazzer, a lot of 'ifs and buts' after a midweek match......
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024