Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby into Admin 21:57 - Sep 17 with 162893 viewsTheRam

Fooking w@nkers.

Actually feel sorry for the fans
Derby into Admin on 18:15 - Jan 20 with 5313 viewsenfieldargh

sky reporting DCFC will run out of money end next month and be forced to resign from the League.

Whilst I dont want any club to dissapear how will the league look with all points accrued from games with Derby being revoked>

We'd be 3 worse off for starters

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Derby into Admin on 18:23 - Jan 20 with 5261 viewsRangersDave

next month? ok Feb, but i understood it to be the 1st of feb that and insolvency go hand in hand?

Meanwhile players get paid, so do the receivers.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Derby into Admin on 18:30 - Jan 20 with 5230 viewsenfieldargh

If Derbys results are wiped we drop one place level on 41 points with WBA & Boro still 5 behind blackburn & 8 behind AFCB

Cov loose 4 points having played them twice

Peterboro fall 5 points below fakes which is the biggest shame

Barnsley just into double figures

captains fantastic

Derby into Admin on 18:44 - Jan 20 with 5164 viewsDWQPR

Derby into Admin on 18:15 - Jan 20 by enfieldargh

sky reporting DCFC will run out of money end next month and be forced to resign from the League.

Whilst I dont want any club to dissapear how will the league look with all points accrued from games with Derby being revoked>

We'd be 3 worse off for starters

And yet the administrators turn down an offer of £450k for Sibley and listening to Simon Jordan on Talksport yesterday morning they sold Shinnie to Wigan for £30k and another club chairman told him that they were willing to pay £100k for him. I never trust administrators, they look more at ways of making themselves shedloads out of terrible situations as suggested by the letter from Steve Gibson.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Derby into Admin on 19:29 - Jan 20 with 5018 viewskensalriser

Derby into Admin on 20:31 - Jan 19 by E17hoop

The likelihood of HMRC accepting 25% of some £50m is slim to negligible. It needs to be paid and a plan needs to be in place from any purchaser on how they'll pay it.

A purchaser of assets from a company in administration is not obliged to pay the debts of the insolvent company. The league requires football creditors to be paid if the purchaser wishes to retains the club's league status, but that's it.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Derby into Admin on 21:04 - Jan 20 with 4870 viewsted_hendrix

Are the EFL accountable? why has this gone on for so long?

I'm not one for kicking a bloke when he's down but FFS get on with it, make a decision and lets move on, what a bloody protracted mess.

Grey suited pot bellied pigs, stop having f ucking buffet lunch meetings and get to work.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Derby into Admin on 21:22 - Jan 20 with 4821 viewsdistortR

Derby into Admin on 21:04 - Jan 20 by ted_hendrix

Are the EFL accountable? why has this gone on for so long?

I'm not one for kicking a bloke when he's down but FFS get on with it, make a decision and lets move on, what a bloody protracted mess.

Grey suited pot bellied pigs, stop having f ucking buffet lunch meetings and get to work.

it's the 4 day week, mate.
Derby into Admin on 09:02 - Jan 21 with 4477 viewsslmrstid

I get the frustration but when people are releasing public statements left right and centre nobody looks good.

Its a bit like the old "Marge, tell Lisa that..." etc
Login to get fewer ads

Derby into Admin on 09:09 - Jan 21 with 4440 viewsPhildo

Derby into Admin on 09:02 - Jan 21 by slmrstid

I get the frustration but when people are releasing public statements left right and centre nobody looks good.

Its a bit like the old "Marge, tell Lisa that..." etc

Although the Boro statement was most telling. Gibson thinks the whole admin process has been run to benefit Mr M Morris and is trying to make sure that does not happen.
Derby into Admin on 09:13 - Jan 21 with 4420 viewsDWQPR

Derby into Admin on 09:09 - Jan 21 by Phildo

Although the Boro statement was most telling. Gibson thinks the whole admin process has been run to benefit Mr M Morris and is trying to make sure that does not happen.

From what I read on the Derby message boards it was his preferred choice as administrators. Seems to me that a lot of what is happening is there to protect his ownership of the ground.

Derby into Admin on 09:49 - Jan 21 with 4338 viewsslmrstid

Agree with you both Phildo and DW.
Derby into Admin on 09:54 - Jan 21 with 4309 viewstoboboly

Derby into Admin on 09:13 - Jan 21 by DWQPR

From what I read on the Derby message boards it was his preferred choice as administrators. Seems to me that a lot of what is happening is there to protect his ownership of the ground.

Almost as if the EFL should have an independent or in-house admin team on the books.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Derby into Admin on 11:20 - Jan 21 with 4145 viewsSimplyNico

Derby into Admin on 09:54 - Jan 21 by toboboly

Almost as if the EFL should have an independent or in-house admin team on the books.

Administrators have to act independently - it is a Court appointed position, so that wouldn't work.

Interestingly, the CEO of the EFL, Trevor Birch, is qualified as an insolvency practitioner and has handled a number of club administrations.
Derby into Admin on 11:42 - Jan 21 with 4056 viewsloftboy

Derby into Admin on 18:44 - Jan 20 by DWQPR

And yet the administrators turn down an offer of £450k for Sibley and listening to Simon Jordan on Talksport yesterday morning they sold Shinnie to Wigan for £30k and another club chairman told him that they were willing to pay £100k for him. I never trust administrators, they look more at ways of making themselves shedloads out of terrible situations as suggested by the letter from Steve Gibson.

I have read that Derby still owed Wigan for a couple of transfers which is why that fee was so low.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Derby into Admin on 12:01 - Jan 21 with 3987 viewsE17hoop

Derby into Admin on 09:13 - Jan 21 by DWQPR

Exactly this. Morris has valued the ground at £80m.

If the ground was included in any deal, it'd easily guarantee funding to pay off the creditors but a) it's not worth £80m, and b) Morris would have to suck up the loss himself.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Derby into Admin on 12:12 - Jan 21 with 3930 viewsJuzzie

Derby into Admin on 12:01 - Jan 21 by E17hoop

If the ground was included in any deal, it'd easily guarantee funding to pay off the creditors but a) it's not worth £80m, and b) Morris would have to suck up the loss himself.

I value my house at £10m.

I doubt others would agree.
Derby into Admin on 13:17 - Jan 21 with 3778 viewsenfieldargh

2 years ago his estimated wealth was 515M, even if he's lost one third of that with Derby, if he's such a fan of the club he should stump up whats owed , walk away and live on 10M.
Its a tough old life.

Doubt he's lost anything and still is 256th richest man in UK

captains fantastic

Derby into Admin on 15:33 - Jan 21 with 3562 viewsterryb

Derby into Admin on 11:20 - Jan 21 by SimplyNico

Administrators have to act independently - it is a Court appointed position, so that wouldn't work.

Interestingly, the CEO of the EFL, Trevor Birch, is qualified as an insolvency practitioner and has handled a number of club administrations.

I'm fairly sure that I've read that they are the accountants for some/all of Morris's companies.

It is a court appointed position, but from my limited knowledge, they accept the party that has been recommended as a matter of routine. It was voluntary administration & so DCFC would have forwarded there favoured company. If HMRC had issued proceedings, they would have made the choice.

This is certainly how it was for companies in the group that I worked for.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2022 16:20]
Derby into Admin on 16:11 - Jan 21 with 3450 viewsDavieQPR

The ground was used as collateral for a loan from an American finance company.
Derby into Admin on 16:15 - Jan 21 with 3426 viewskensalriser

With apologies to any insolvency practitioners, my experience of insolvencies (several, not mine) is that the administrators are hard, venal bastards whose main priority is to maximise their own fees.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Derby into Admin on 16:32 - Jan 21 with 3356 viewsaston_hoop

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Derby into Admin on 16:54 - Jan 21 with 3224 viewsterryb

Fingers crossed (if only to preserve our three points!).

Whether £28 million is the full price the administrators are asking I've no idea, but they would be hard pressed to turn it down & come out with an explanation if it ended in liquidation!
Derby into Admin on 17:38 - Jan 21 with 3110 viewsdistortR

Derby into Admin on 13:17 - Jan 21 by enfieldargh

2 years ago his estimated wealth was 515M, even if he's lost one third of that with Derby, if he's such a fan of the club he should stump up whats owed , walk away and live on 10M.
Its a tough old life.

Doubt he's lost anything and still is 256th richest man in UK

He ain't coming over here, mate.
Derby into Admin on 17:44 - Jan 21 with 3079 viewsStainrod

From a QRR perspective (and why not) that is good for the three points but probably bad for our chances of getting their players
Derby into Admin on 20:38 - Jan 21 with 2792 viewsDWQPR

Derby into Admin on 16:54 - Jan 21 by terryb

Fingers crossed (if only to preserve our three points!).

Whether £28 million is the full price the administrators are asking I've no idea, but they would be hard pressed to turn it down & come out with an explanation if it ended in liquidation!

They’d have to guarantee the payments to football creditors in full and HMRC who I cannot see backing down from the £28million owed, only concession would be a payment plan over a number of years. Then there is also the matter of guaranteeing a minimum of 25% payments to non-footballing creditors. And we haven’t got to ‘Boro or Wycombe yet. I suspect this is yet another American multi-millionaire looking to obtain some free publicity for his company. If they really wanted to buy an English football team then the likes of Blackburn, Huddersfield and even Luton would be a far more attractive proposition.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024