Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby into Admin 21:57 - Sep 17 with 162887 viewsTheRam

Fooking w@nkers.

Actually feel sorry for the fans
Derby into Admin on 13:33 - Feb 11 with 3938 viewsenfieldargh

Derby into Admin on 12:50 - Feb 11 by aston_hoop

Agreement reached between WRDC and Boro. Good timing just before the game tomorrow

http://thera.ms/11222

Cant see Gibson letting DCFC off scot free so maybe some player transfer agreements once the season is over?

You give us Knight, Buchanan, Ebosele and you can have a free Joe Lumley

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Derby into Admin on 13:49 - Feb 11 with 3881 viewsClive_Anderson

Seems like an agreement has been reached, but clubs in the same division suing each other causes conflicts of interest.

For example say Derby beat them up there and then near the end of the season Boro are 2 points off promotion behind a team like us that won against Derby, they would have no incentive to settle and would instead have an incentive for them to force Derby to go bust.
Derby into Admin on 13:52 - Feb 11 with 3868 viewsloftboy

Let’s hope HMRC play hard ball and insist on full repayment.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Derby into Admin on 13:57 - Feb 11 with 3846 viewsJuzzie

Derby into Admin on 13:49 - Feb 11 by Clive_Anderson

Seems like an agreement has been reached, but clubs in the same division suing each other causes conflicts of interest.

For example say Derby beat them up there and then near the end of the season Boro are 2 points off promotion behind a team like us that won against Derby, they would have no incentive to settle and would instead have an incentive for them to force Derby to go bust.

I think Morris is more likely to welch on the agreement!

[Post edited 11 Feb 2022 13:58]
Derby into Admin on 14:01 - Feb 11 with 3827 viewsHAYESBOY

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60350198

From BBC.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Derby into Admin on 14:49 - Feb 11 with 3698 viewsjoe90

Derby into Admin on 17:01 - Feb 10 by SheffieldHoop

Tbh I thought the point about clubs deferring tax payments was quite a good one. HMRC are complicit, they've let clubs defer their tax bill for 3-4 years. Surely that's not healthy for anyone?

I don't agree that HMRC is complicit. It's a point of view, but not the central issue.

Derby have had a good PR campaign, successfully turning peoples head away from their cheating. They've pointed fingers at everyone, is there anyone left (apart from themselves) they haven't blamed?

Bottom line, Derby County are responsible for their situation, no one else.
Derby into Admin on 15:18 - Feb 11 with 3627 viewsMick_S

Derby into Admin on 12:50 - Feb 11 by aston_hoop

Agreement reached between WRDC and Boro. Good timing just before the game tomorrow

http://thera.ms/11222

Yeah, but it’s a secret. If you know, don’t say anything.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Derby into Admin on 15:34 - Feb 11 with 3557 viewsSheffieldHoop

Derby into Admin on 14:49 - Feb 11 by joe90

I don't agree that HMRC is complicit. It's a point of view, but not the central issue.

Derby have had a good PR campaign, successfully turning peoples head away from their cheating. They've pointed fingers at everyone, is there anyone left (apart from themselves) they haven't blamed?

Bottom line, Derby County are responsible for their situation, no one else.

HMRC has let them run up a debt of 26 million quid? Not complicit?

I think we all know it's not the central issue. I think everyone can tell for themselves what the central issue is. But HMRC should probably think again before allowing a business with an annual turnover of 30m to run up a debt of 26m. Is that not a fair observation?

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Login to get fewer ads

Derby into Admin on 15:37 - Feb 11 with 3551 viewskensalriser

Derby into Admin on 13:52 - Feb 11 by loftboy

Let’s hope HMRC play hard ball and insist on full repayment.

They can't, that's the whole point of being in administration, it gives the business protection from creditors.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Derby into Admin on 15:40 - Feb 11 with 3549 viewsNorthernr

Derby into Admin on 15:34 - Feb 11 by SheffieldHoop

I think we all know it's not the central issue. I think everyone can tell for themselves what the central issue is. But HMRC should probably think again before allowing a business with an annual turnover of 30m to run up a debt of 26m. Is that not a fair observation?

I've never understood that either, given how fcking aggressive they are with individual people owing small amounts (in my experience anyway).
Derby into Admin on 15:46 - Feb 11 with 3520 viewsdaveB

Didn't HMRC give clubs extra time to pay taxes due to covid as they didn't want to wind football clubs up when they had no revenue. I think that was part of the reason the bill has been allowed to escalate this much.

For me all the fault lies with Derby, they spent money they didn't have, cheated and lied to get around the rules in the hope of winning promotion
[Post edited 11 Feb 2022 15:55]
Derby into Admin on 15:53 - Feb 11 with 3493 viewsozranger

Apologies from appearing that I am missing something here, but how do we know this? I thought the whole situation with Derby was that they falsified the accounts (irregular accounting procedures was what it has been described as) that were presented to the EFL and thus are in a mess. Could or did they not have somewhat similar accounts submitted to the HMRC? That is, could there be a case that the HMRC did not know that they had racked up such a debt each year until all was revealed?
Derby into Admin on 15:56 - Feb 11 with 3474 viewsjoe90

I don't agree that the HMRC let them run up debts, the onus is on Derby to pay their taxes.
Derby into Admin on 16:00 - Feb 11 with 3439 viewsSheffieldHoop

Derby into Admin on 15:53 - Feb 11 by ozranger

Apologies from appearing that I am missing something here, but how do we know this? I thought the whole situation with Derby was that they falsified the accounts (irregular accounting procedures was what it has been described as) that were presented to the EFL and thus are in a mess. Could or did they not have somewhat similar accounts submitted to the HMRC? That is, could there be a case that the HMRC did not know that they had racked up such a debt each year until all was revealed?

Well, I'm basing what I know on the program I mentioned which prompted me to post on this thread. I'm not a Derby fan and I'm not Keiran Maguire, I'm not claiming to be ITK or anything, I just saw a program about it and thought it was interesting.
Some people think the people on the program are wrong, which was fairly predictable.....Sorry I mentioned it

Derby into Admin on 16:10 - Feb 11 with 3409 viewsjoe90

One more thing...How does the HMRC know that Derby County have an annual turnover of 30m?

Also - not having a go at you. Don't want that to come across, it's just a conversation : )
Derby into Admin on 16:23 - Feb 11 with 3334 viewsSheffieldHoop

Derby into Admin on 16:10 - Feb 11 by joe90

One more thing...How does the HMRC know that Derby County have an annual turnover of 30m?

Also - not having a go at you. Don't want that to come across, it's just a conversation : )

Of course, the onus is on Derby to pay their taxes - But the onus is also on HMRC to collect them

I'd guess HMRC knows Derby's turnover because that's surely part of calculating their tax bill? I found out Derby's turnover by querying Google, so clearly it's not gonna be exact figures. It just struck me as wild that HMRC would allow the situation to get to this point, whereas as Clive correctly points out, they come after individuals quite aggressively for relatively minuscule amounts.

Make it make sense, was the cry.

Derby into Admin on 16:28 - Feb 11 with 3331 viewsNorthernr

I guess the false accounting could be an answer in this case. But £26m seems like an awful lot.
Derby into Admin on 16:34 - Feb 11 with 3285 viewsSheffieldHoop

Derby into Admin on 16:28 - Feb 11 by Northernr

I guess the false accounting could be an answer in this case. But £26m seems like an awful lot.

I thought the dodgy accounting stuff was around revaluing players at extortionate amounts and selling pride park to themselves rather than falsifying their turnover - But yeh, I dunno

Derby into Admin on 17:18 - Feb 11 with 3183 viewsjoe90

Derby into Admin on 16:23 - Feb 11 by SheffieldHoop

Of course, the onus is on Derby to pay their taxes - But the onus is also on HMRC to collect them

I'd guess HMRC knows Derby's turnover because that's surely part of calculating their tax bill? I found out Derby's turnover by querying Google, so clearly it's not gonna be exact figures. It just struck me as wild that HMRC would allow the situation to get to this point, whereas as Clive correctly points out, they come after individuals quite aggressively for relatively minuscule amounts.

Make it make sense, was the cry.

Do you know that the HMRC hasn't tried to collect the taxes?

This isn't simply a procedural issue with HMRC. it's also tied into the governance of business within football.

It doesn't really sound right when you say:

'we're in debt because the HMRC didn't chase us for our tax and now we can't sell our business'

That's what is being said - just replace HMRC for any one of their other creditors - and that's what Derby want people to believe.
Derby into Admin on 17:41 - Feb 11 with 3075 viewsSheffieldHoop

Derby into Admin on 17:18 - Feb 11 by joe90

Do you know that the HMRC hasn't tried to collect the taxes?

This isn't simply a procedural issue with HMRC. it's also tied into the governance of business within football.

It doesn't really sound right when you say:

'we're in debt because the HMRC didn't chase us for our tax and now we can't sell our business'

That's what is being said - just replace HMRC for any one of their other creditors - and that's what Derby want people to believe.

I'm not on here to defend Derby, nor were they defending Derby on "Money talks", which for context is a money program, not a football one. It's an outside observation of the financial situation that has developed there. Why is HMRC allowing football clubs to run up debts so large that they can't be repaid? While clubs trying to push through rules that mean football creditors (ie Players) get repaid 100p in the £ before HMRC gets diddley in relation to a club going in to administration?

Time for HMRC to show some teeth, surely?

Derby into Admin on 18:47 - Feb 11 with 2968 viewsLazyFan

Derby into Admin on 15:40 - Feb 11 by Northernr

I've never understood that either, given how fcking aggressive they are with individual people owing small amounts (in my experience anyway).

But you do, it's one rule for moneyed people and another for the little people.

As mentioned here many times, you just choose to ignore that's what has been happening as it's all a bit too leftie for you, despite the evidence that shows it all the time.

zzzzzzzzzz

Derby into Admin on 19:11 - Feb 11 with 2896 viewsterryb

Just a reminder that HMRC started winding up proceedures against DCFC in January 2020.

This then took a backseat/halted due to the intervention of Covid.
Derby into Admin on 14:32 - Feb 12 with 2479 viewsPinnerPaul

Derby into Admin on 15:53 - Feb 11 by ozranger

That last bit can't be right.

Derby County must have been registered as a company collecting PAYE taxes since the year dot!
Derby into Admin on 07:52 - Mar 1 with 2107 viewsRangersDave

So another month gone (the months extension) and Derby are still taking the pi55

WTF!!!

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12532093/derby-told-to-provide-urg

The EFL now remind me of this....

[Post edited 1 Mar 2022 8:03]

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Derby into Admin on 08:24 - Mar 1 with 2011 viewsTheChef

Derby into Admin on 07:52 - Mar 1 by RangersDave

So another month gone (the months extension) and Derby are still taking the pi55

WTF!!!

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12532093/derby-told-to-provide-urg

The EFL now remind me of this....

[Post edited 1 Mar 2022 8:03]

Do it or we'll be weally weally cwoss!!

Are the EFL actually being more proactive on this than HMRC?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024