Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly 17:52 - Sep 18 with 8399 viewsLazyFan

We still have that giveaway attitude.

zzzzzzzzzz

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 18:02 - Sep 18 with 3886 viewsStanisgod

Must admit, a lot of goals that we concede are of our own making , rather than the oppositions.
First for Bournemouth, both goals today from breakaways after losing posession etc.
With the three central defenders we have, all individually good we shouldn't be conceding like we are, maybe a coaching thing.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 18:06 - Sep 18 with 3867 viewsBklynRanger

Too sluggish in that first half - was as if we were just waiting for the 2nd half to get out of 2nd gear - sometimes it's not that easy.

Superb save from their keeper low down for Lyndon's effort though - will have to see it again but it looked bonkers at the time.

I thought we looked more balanced when Ball came on and Stef moved forward - he was far too deep up till then. He does provide good cover but I think his bigger strength is knitting things together a little bit further up.

Two up front with this team doesn't always work - we played great football when Willock was just off the front man earlier in the season - that formation today felt like we were trying too hard to get Dykes and the other fella as a 2. Didn't really work I didn't think.
Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 18:14 - Sep 18 with 3823 viewswelwynranger

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 18:06 - Sep 18 by BklynRanger

Too sluggish in that first half - was as if we were just waiting for the 2nd half to get out of 2nd gear - sometimes it's not that easy.

Superb save from their keeper low down for Lyndon's effort though - will have to see it again but it looked bonkers at the time.

I thought we looked more balanced when Ball came on and Stef moved forward - he was far too deep up till then. He does provide good cover but I think his bigger strength is knitting things together a little bit further up.

Two up front with this team doesn't always work - we played great football when Willock was just off the front man earlier in the season - that formation today felt like we were trying too hard to get Dykes and the other fella as a 2. Didn't really work I didn't think.

Some if the intricate football played just outside the box today was phemominal., the passing between Willock and Chair was a joy to watch.
I made their keeper MOM. 3 magnificent saves.
Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 18:24 - Sep 18 with 3780 viewsStanisgod

I like the look of Gray. Looked to be getting a bit frustrated though with continually making runs on the shoulder of their defence and no one spotting him. Makes you wonder what they do in training.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 18:27 - Sep 18 with 3770 viewsLogman

Nonsense title to this thread. Who exactly was soft ? The commitment and effort was 99%
Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 18:27 - Sep 18 with 3753 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 18:27 - Sep 18 by Logman

Nonsense title to this thread. Who exactly was soft ? The commitment and effort was 99%

Agreed.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 19:02 - Sep 18 with 3608 viewsMalintabuk

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 18:27 - Sep 18 by Logman

I don't think it was about commitment more about exactly what we have.... a soft defence
We all moaned at dirty Bournemouth the other night..... but they are the ones who walked away with the points
We see moaning now how we battered Bristol and they are going back up the M4 with the points.
We are far far to open and if it is not dealt with then a promising season could soon come to a very rapid end
Big games coming up this week, and nothing better than the Everton game. They will not have a full team out, and with us playing Friday can see wholesale changes as well. I would like to see us play a little tighter and try to be more harder to beat, rather than this back door wide open system we have now
As for Friday I would be over the moon with a park the bus 0-0 than an entertaining 2-3 defeat
Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 19:10 - Sep 18 with 3577 viewsManinBlack

I think the title has some merit. I know I am raging about today's result. We were crap a few seasons ago at home to Bristol and got stuffed 3-0. The last two seasons Brizzle were bang average yet they still beat us 2-1 despite being outplayed. Four bloody seasons in a row we have lost to them in the league at home.

Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal and the like never won four consecutive seasons at our home yet we lose to that shower even when we play well. I totally get the reference to the soft touch that we are.

I don't care if we bore the Sky viewers to death against the Albion and Fulham. Just sit back and give them nothing because if we take the game to them they will counter attack us and we won't get anything.
Login to get fewer ads

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 19:16 - Sep 18 with 3538 viewskensalriser

Feels like we've regressed two years to the time when we looked nice going forward but were guaranteed to let in two every single bloody game.

Back to basics. We must learn to defend.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 19:26 - Sep 18 with 3483 viewsdaveB

the winner was conceded more because we were desperately trying to score so left ourselves open rather than any soft under belly

We really do need to sort out first half performances out though, they are just passing us by at the moment
Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 19:30 - Sep 18 with 3455 viewsBrianMcCarthy

No offense to LazyFan and his OP, but I can't stand this Charity Park Rangers stuff. It's bored me my entire Rangers life.

I would imagine that loads of teams concede goals to players who haven't scored in a while, lose to teams that haven't won in a while, concede goals to ex-players once in a while.

Yet we often pretend it only happens to us.

It happens to every team. If it only happened to us, we'd be Non-League now.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 19:35 - Sep 18 with 3429 viewsjoe90

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 18:06 - Sep 18 by BklynRanger

Agree 100% re Stef & Ball. First half Stef was playing far too deep to have a positive impact on the game, unless he's going to play box to box. IMO it's a massive waste playing Stef in a more defensive role. We don't need two up top, when we have Chair an Willock playing behind, but you have to have someone in the midfield dictating the attacking play.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2021 22:11]
Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 19:36 - Sep 18 with 3420 viewsnix

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 19:30 - Sep 18 by BrianMcCarthy

No offense to LazyFan and his OP, but I can't stand this Charity Park Rangers stuff. It's bored me my entire Rangers life.

I would imagine that loads of teams concede goals to players who haven't scored in a while, lose to teams that haven't won in a while, concede goals to ex-players once in a while.

Yet we often pretend it only happens to us.

It happens to every team. If it only happened to us, we'd be Non-League now.

Absolutely this.

The Championship throws up some weird results.

Peterborough today beat Birmingham City 3-0 and only had two shots on target.

Obviously, we could tweak things and we're not perfect. But we're creating tons of chances and at some point they'll go in.
Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 19:42 - Sep 18 with 3376 viewsManinBlack

I have been watching us for decades and today's sucker punch is something we do and I never accept it or get used to it. We have often lost games in the dying embers and that soft underbelly returned today. All that good effort was a waste of time because we are just not clinical. I just hate to lose when we are the better team. If we were garbage today then fair enough but I just get mad when we dominate and lose at the death. That is the sorry story of a team flirting with relegation snatching defeat right at the end after bossing it.

This is a confidence game and if we exit the cup and lose both the televised games we could be on another six game losing streak with confidence shot. I am downbeat now because I have seen these false dawns so many times in my lifetime I expect us to blow it.
Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 19:48 - Sep 18 with 3344 viewsMedwayR

So far this season we’ve played lots of pretty football without making it count for much. We’ve been rescued by Rob Dickie, relied on Sam McCallum and clever set-pieces (Hull) for goals whilst gifting too many goals. We don’t seem to know how to control games (not possession) to get 3pts.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2021 20:20]

Poll: Who’s better?

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 19:49 - Sep 18 with 3335 viewstraininvain

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 19:42 - Sep 18 by ManinBlack

I have been watching us for decades and today's sucker punch is something we do and I never accept it or get used to it. We have often lost games in the dying embers and that soft underbelly returned today. All that good effort was a waste of time because we are just not clinical. I just hate to lose when we are the better team. If we were garbage today then fair enough but I just get mad when we dominate and lose at the death. That is the sorry story of a team flirting with relegation snatching defeat right at the end after bossing it.

This is a confidence game and if we exit the cup and lose both the televised games we could be on another six game losing streak with confidence shot. I am downbeat now because I have seen these false dawns so many times in my lifetime I expect us to blow it.

Team flirting with relegation?! We’re 8th in the league, our lowest position so far this season.

We’ve not come close to relegation for years. I’ll happily wager with anyone that we’ll finish top half this season.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2021 19:52]
Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 19:53 - Sep 18 with 3301 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

The sky isn’t falling or anything and I really, really like pretty much every player that we’re fielding this season… but this is happening over and over. We are a far superior technical team to a lot in this division, particularly today but whilst we make mistakes with possession and leave massive, chasmic holes in behind us, teams will consistently score against and take points from us.

I have never seen a team as slow in possession as BC today. They were pulling a Preston with their throw ins and goal kicks inside the first 5 minutes. They were so clearly set up to put us off our tempo and slow the game down. And also to hit us on the break the second we inevitably cough up possession with a mistake and 9 players in their third. It was the only time they were particularly interested in scoring a goal.

We’ll get beat like this more and more unless we have an answer. We can’t defend the break but perhaps even worse is how we haven’t scored when we’ve dominated possession and the game in general in either the Reading, Bournemouth and now Bristol City games. The fact we never led today’s game is not unfortunate in my eyes, it’s our own fault for not making the most of the extensive spells where we were by far the better team. We deserved what we got and we need to figure out a way to change it. Immediately.
Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 20:10 - Sep 18 with 3235 viewsted_hendrix

We've got three games now in quick succession, we better get our belly sorted out PDQ.

After me tea tonight my bloody belly is making me noisily flatulent and unpopular in my mansion, herself has told me that because I'm miserable and pongy I should get out and go for a walk to France.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 20:11 - Sep 18 with 3232 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Football's back.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 20:11 - Sep 18 with 3226 viewsManinBlack

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 19:49 - Sep 18 by traininvain

Team flirting with relegation?! We’re 8th in the league, our lowest position so far this season.

We’ve not come close to relegation for years. I’ll happily wager with anyone that we’ll finish top half this season.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2021 19:52]

I didn't say we were flirting with relegation at this moment in time. I was saying that when some teams get relegated it is often down to creating lots of chances which are squandered, conceding late goals and being unlucky. Hence why you get phrases like too good to go down etc. I agree we may not drop into a relegation scrap but we certainly won't challenge for promotion wasting gilt edged chances and shipping two goals a game no matter how exquisite the football.

I know I am not upbeat for a lot of you but 50 years of following this mob makes me a realist. Colleagues were telling me how well we are doing and I just say it won't last. I have been conditioned that way as the good times with us last as long as hot weather in this country before it all gets unsettled again.

Only a few years ago we were playing great stuff under Magilton and that went to pot by November and then we were losing 5-1 at home to poxy Middlesbrough. I dare say I will upset folk with my views but that is how I see us. We had a poor first half of last season and a great second half. We have the capacity now to do the reverse this season, great first half and rubbish second half of season. We are never far from a bad run.
Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 20:25 - Sep 18 with 3137 viewsEsox_Lucius

Dan Bentley. With him it was 1-2, without him I would hazard 4/5-2 He was head & shoulders MOTM.

The grass is always greener.

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 20:32 - Sep 18 with 3099 viewsnix

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 20:25 - Sep 18 by Esox_Lucius

Dan Bentley. With him it was 1-2, without him I would hazard 4/5-2 He was head & shoulders MOTM.

Exactly. He saved TEN shots. Seven of which were from inside the box.

Got a nine rating on SofaScore.
Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 20:37 - Sep 18 with 3075 viewsBlackCrowe

It was one of those days and of course i'm disappointed.

But in both of the defeats in the past four days, we looked mostly excellent, playing such fluid exciting football. It will come, it will click, be patient i reckon, this team is something a bit special.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 21:00 - Sep 18 with 2998 viewsdavman

After the start we've had and the manner of the last two defeats, this thread is a little harsh.

Clinical. Warbs keeps saying. You cannot have that many shots and not score.

System. Guys, Warbsball means lots of goals. Our strength at the back is the three centre backs. When they're up field, we rely on others, who may not be so hot at defending. Everytime we lost the ball on the edge of their penalty box we looked vulnerable; there is something fundamentally wrong with our shape against the counterattack and I hope that can be sorted.

But, the team is still great to watch, isn't it?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 21:07 - Sep 18 with 2969 viewsBoston

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 18:02 - Sep 18 by Stanisgod

Must admit, a lot of goals that we concede are of our own making , rather than the oppositions.
First for Bournemouth, both goals today from breakaways after losing posession etc.
With the three central defenders we have, all individually good we shouldn't be conceding like we are, maybe a coaching thing.

Surely their keeper was motm?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024