Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Amos 14:04 - Sep 29 with 3515 viewssevenhoop

apologies if already discussed on the very long match thread, but i thought he looked excellent last night, the same player that was superb in his last proper appearance at Bournemouth. Added energy and pressing and we might just have another top player there.
Luke Amos on 14:13 - Sep 29 with 3454 viewsNorthernr

Yes we thought he made a big difference when he came on last night.
Luke Amos on 14:16 - Sep 29 with 3435 viewsAberystwythR

Still has that yard of pace when accelerating that i was worried he would lose after the surgery, not afraid to put in a strong challenge either- all very promising
Luke Amos on 14:20 - Sep 29 with 3381 viewsbakerloo8

Luke Amos on 14:16 - Sep 29 by AberystwythR

Still has that yard of pace when accelerating that i was worried he would lose after the surgery, not afraid to put in a strong challenge either- all very promising

Looking forward to Luke getting fully up to speed.
Think him, Johansen and Field when fit is a match for any in midfield in this division.
Luke Amos on 14:21 - Sep 29 with 3380 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Luke Amos on 14:13 - Sep 29 by Northernr

Yes we thought he made a big difference when he came on last night.

I posted at one stage that the subs had yet to make a difference, but I thought he improved thereafter and that he was central to our strong finish.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Luke Amos on 14:27 - Sep 29 with 3331 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Luke Amos on 14:16 - Sep 29 by AberystwythR

When you’ve had the major career threatening injuries he’s had, it takes some gonads to get stuck in. That said, every time Ale made a challenging I always held my breath he’d get up.

Fair play to Luke, hopefully he can push on from here free of injuries.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Luke Amos on 14:36 - Sep 29 with 3268 viewsgazza1

Done well, never shirked anything, got around nicely in a 'proper' Championship fixture when B'ham were chasing the game. Good start for him and would give him confidence.
Luke Amos on 14:42 - Sep 29 with 3257 viewsNorthernr

Luke Amos on 14:27 - Sep 29 by PlanetHonneywood

When you’ve had the major career threatening injuries he’s had, it takes some gonads to get stuck in. That said, every time Ale made a challenging I always held my breath he’d get up.

Fair play to Luke, hopefully he can push on from here free of injuries.

I actually found it pretty traumatic watching Ale play after his third one. Not sure my heart could have taken him doing it a fourth time.
Luke Amos on 14:43 - Sep 29 with 3235 viewsdaveB

I was worried when he came on with the pitch so wet and those conditions could see him getting injured but he did well and played one really clever through ball between the centre halves that no one read unfortunately so nothing came of it
Login to get fewer ads

Luke Amos on 14:51 - Sep 29 with 3199 viewsmcqpr10

Was amazed at how confident he was on the ball and how well he got around the pitch. Lovely to see. playing with a smile on his face. No need to rush him back and start him. Lots of 3o min cameos will do him and the team a world of good.
Luke Amos on 14:56 - Sep 29 with 3168 viewsPinnerPaul

Luke Amos on 14:43 - Sep 29 by daveB

I was worried when he came on with the pitch so wet and those conditions could see him getting injured but he did well and played one really clever through ball between the centre halves that no one read unfortunately so nothing came of it

Was an assist to the assist for the 2nd though.
Luke Amos on 15:09 - Sep 29 with 3110 viewssprocket

Warbs obviously rates him highly not only bringing him to the club but in the way he bigs him up over the last few weeks. Good signs and another great addition to the squad.

I like Dom Ball. He's limited but a great pro. You have to wonder what his future is when Field/Amos/Johansen/Dozell are all vying for 2 places
Luke Amos on 15:14 - Sep 29 with 3081 viewsSuperhoop83

Luke Amos on 14:42 - Sep 29 by Northernr

I actually found it pretty traumatic watching Ale play after his third one. Not sure my heart could have taken him doing it a fourth time.

I still remember his injury against Derby and Faurlin punching the ground in agony or despair.

Was that the second one? And was Burton the third one?

Suffering since 1978.

Luke Amos on 15:19 - Sep 29 with 3051 viewsAntti_Heinola

Chiming in on agreement with this, thought he was v good and made a real difference. One horror moment when he momentarily stood on the ball which had me panicking that he might twist his knee, but he recovered quickly and played on. Good stuff.

Bare bones.

Luke Amos on 15:22 - Sep 29 with 3035 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Luke Amos on 15:09 - Sep 29 by sprocket

Warbs obviously rates him highly not only bringing him to the club but in the way he bigs him up over the last few weeks. Good signs and another great addition to the squad.

I like Dom Ball. He's limited but a great pro. You have to wonder what his future is when Field/Amos/Johansen/Dozell are all vying for 2 places

I think ball will most likely play plenty games.

Well, Amos may play further forward, as he has before.

JoJo and Dozzell are vying for the creative role if we play a two-man holding midfield.

Which will often leave just Ball and Field competing for the other position.

He also stays fit and injury-free, so that's in his favour.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Luke Amos on 16:04 - Sep 29 with 2879 viewsdanehoop

I think to be honest that we really need quite a bit of depth in the midfield options to allow us change the game and cover for the injuries which inevitably occur over a long and intense season.

Never knowingly understood

Luke Amos on 16:10 - Sep 29 with 2852 viewsdmm

Luke Amos on 15:22 - Sep 29 by BrianMcCarthy

JoJo and Dozzell are vying for the creative role if we play a two-man holding midfield.

I think you hint at an issue Amos has had since being with us; what is his best position?

He's mainly been used as a DCM though has also been tried further forward. It's obviously a bonus when a player is able to function well in several positions but I feel Amos still needs to secure his identity within the squad. Establishing his main position will be an important part of that.

For what it's worth, I think his dynamism makes him suited to a box to box role, though it might not be best suited to our possession style. Nonetheless, as we saw in the games he played before his latest injury, allowing him to play his full game brings a lot of value to the team.
Luke Amos on 16:18 - Sep 29 with 2808 viewssprocket

Luke Amos on 15:22 - Sep 29 by BrianMcCarthy

You may well be right however I think his game time will be restricted once both Field and Amos are fully fit. It's a long season though and injuries could well come into play.
Luke Amos on 20:43 - Sep 29 with 2557 viewsLazyFan

Amos added great value in not only pace and power, but also his positioning was very good as well.

Useful compo for Ball and great to have him back. Dozzell was useful as well, our midfield did not have the grace of JoJo but they kept it simple and gave it to Willock and Chair to do the damage.

zzzzzzzzzz

Luke Amos on 21:11 - Sep 29 with 2497 viewsMyke

Especially important to have him back with Jo jo out. Credit to Warburton for not rushing him back though.
Luke Amos on 22:17 - Sep 29 with 2402 viewscaliforniahoop

Luke Amos on 14:20 - Sep 29 by bakerloo8

Looking forward to Luke getting fully up to speed.
Think him, Johansen and Field when fit is a match for any in midfield in this division.

Add Dozzell to this list
Luke Amos on 01:27 - Sep 30 with 2262 viewsDavieQPR

Amos has played against Barcelona, A C Milan and Roma in pre season friendlies for Spurs. He was quite highly thought of until being hit by injury.
Luke Amos on 10:49 - Sep 30 with 2003 viewsrobith

Thought he was great when he came on, and something different. Given how teams press us, we don't always press back, and he proper put Brum on the back foot
Luke Amos on 11:53 - Sep 30 with 1939 viewsextratimeR

Great to see him back, his speed of interception and his all round quick passing really added to us closing out game, well done Luke.
Luke Amos on 17:42 - Sep 30 with 1758 viewsGroveR

Luke Amos on 01:27 - Sep 30 by DavieQPR

Amos has played against Barcelona, A C Milan and Roma in pre season friendlies for Spurs. He was quite highly thought of until being hit by injury.

He played against Juventus in a pre-season for Spurs replacing Dom Ball according to wikiwànk. I can't get my head around that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024