Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? 11:06 - Sep 30 with 28874 viewssaxbend

I have some money sitting in a savings account that does very little except act as a place for my other savings account to empty into annually. I would like to invest it into something a bit more interesting and I am very tempted to believe that the Bond for the new training ground could be it.

So for those of you who've done this sort of thing before (or do it often), what do you think?
QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 17:47 - Oct 10 with 3677 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 18:24 - Oct 8 by charmr

As I read this thread can’t help recollect a shares holders meeting with Blackburn and Co when I asked about my options with my shares how glib the concern and reply were.

Invest with your head not your heart.

Learning Gerry F sold his shares the day before (If true) didn’t help

Two points - these are not shares, so the 'value' doesn't go up and down as such, as they are not open to buy/sell in the same way that shares are and secondly, if you read the application document, no one could call that detailed piece of work , 'glib'.
QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 17:57 - Oct 10 with 3645 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 22:03 - Oct 9 by gazza1

Not a reasonable comparison whatsoever....which is what i presume you are on about.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2021 22:06]

Not sure what point you're making?

Someone said it was 'better' than the bookies and another said they might be more saleable if we looked like getting promotion - just pointing out the reasons why I thought neither of those statements were true.
QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 18:10 - Oct 10 with 3631 viewsgazza1

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 17:57 - Oct 10 by PinnerPaul

Someone said it was 'better' than the bookies and another said they might be more saleable if we looked like getting promotion - just pointing out the reasons why I thought neither of those statements were true.

Bond odds and betting odds....maybe you are not though??
QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 14:02 - Oct 11 with 3444 viewsBoston

I'm in. It's the least I can do to repay decades of heartbreak...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 21:59 - Oct 11 with 3332 viewsLythamR

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 17:57 - Oct 10 by PinnerPaul

I still stand behind my suggestion that Bonds could be more valuable based on the likelyhood of promotion

Bonds can be sold through the tifosy exchange providing somebody wants to buy. consider a scenario where we are in third place in say january of a particular season, depending on the situation and points difference with teams around us and various other factors then speculators may well be interested in buying the bonds for more than they are worth on paper based on the likelyhood of the promotion bonus being achieved.

For the Bondholder it would be a bit like a "Cash out now" option on a bet. The Tifosy exchange is the mechanism that would allow this to happen, assuming that the original bond offering was fully subscribed and closed
QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 13:53 - Oct 12 with 3169 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 21:59 - Oct 11 by LythamR

I still stand behind my suggestion that Bonds could be more valuable based on the likelyhood of promotion

Bonds can be sold through the tifosy exchange providing somebody wants to buy. consider a scenario where we are in third place in say january of a particular season, depending on the situation and points difference with teams around us and various other factors then speculators may well be interested in buying the bonds for more than they are worth on paper based on the likelyhood of the promotion bonus being achieved.

For the Bondholder it would be a bit like a "Cash out now" option on a bet. The Tifosy exchange is the mechanism that would allow this to happen, assuming that the original bond offering was fully subscribed and closed

Fair enough Lytham, but for me the maths just don't add up.

In your scenario you're still likely to get around 3/1 for promotion with the bookies and its still 1/4 with the bond.

My earlier stated caveats around getting your 'stake' back and the on going interest payments apply, but still think the serious gamblers would do just that, gamble, rather then take the chance on the relatively small in, comparison, return you would get with the bond.

Lee Hoos has also stated that the bond would be likely to be repaid early if we did get promotion, so that would obviously knock out the interest payments.
QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 14:50 - Oct 12 with 3099 viewsDWQPR

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 17:47 - Oct 10 by PinnerPaul

Two points - these are not shares, so the 'value' doesn't go up and down as such, as they are not open to buy/sell in the same way that shares are and secondly, if you read the application document, no one could call that detailed piece of work , 'glib'.

Paul, the value of bonds can go down as well as up like any other investment vehicle. They are a lot less volatile that shares but nevertheless can be a risky investment in their own right, given the reliability and creditworthiness of the issuant.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 15:09 - Oct 12 with 3079 viewskensalriser

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 21:59 - Oct 11 by LythamR

I'd be surprised if there wasn't a juicy bid-offer spread on Tifosy, though.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 15:56 - Oct 12 with 3032 viewsDiscodroids

Don't ask me.

I ploughed all my redundancy money into premium bonds in December 2020 when i was kicked into the long grass.

I've won the princely sum of £75 this year. Warren Buffett is shitting himself .

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 17:02 - Oct 12 with 2972 viewsqpr_1968

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 01:32 - Oct 13 with 2818 viewsLythamR

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 13:53 - Oct 12 by PinnerPaul

Fair enough Lytham, but for me the maths just don't add up.

In your scenario you're still likely to get around 3/1 for promotion with the bookies and its still 1/4 with the bond.

My earlier stated caveats around getting your 'stake' back and the on going interest payments apply, but still think the serious gamblers would do just that, gamble, rather then take the chance on the relatively small in, comparison, return you would get with the bond.

Lee Hoos has also stated that the bond would be likely to be repaid early if we did get promotion, so that would obviously knock out the interest payments.

Yeah i understand what you are saying but i am not comparing the situation with a gamble merely saying that that a higher value could be realised by selling the bond given the right circumstances and that there are Bond investors out there there that will likely be interested if the situation develops.

Bond investors are a different animal to serious gamblers, anyway i hope we get to find out if i am right or not as we go through this season or maybe the next :)
QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 10:22 - Oct 13 with 2659 viewssaxbend

I thought I'd got through the whole procedure but now my application has been pulled back to due diligence limbo. I emailed plenty of evidence on the day I submitted but didn't get a reply, and then it looked like everything had gone through successfully. Then as of yesterday my green tick has been replaced with "under review". I suppose they do have a lot of applications to handle.
QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 11:13 - Oct 13 with 2610 viewsdannyblue

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 10:22 - Oct 13 by saxbend

I thought I'd got through the whole procedure but now my application has been pulled back to due diligence limbo. I emailed plenty of evidence on the day I submitted but didn't get a reply, and then it looked like everything had gone through successfully. Then as of yesterday my green tick has been replaced with "under review". I suppose they do have a lot of applications to handle.

I'm in the same position.
QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 11:42 - Oct 13 with 2570 viewsDavieQPR

I'm trying to invest but can't get passed the questionnaire.
QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 14:20 - Oct 13 with 2463 viewsRangersDave

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 11:42 - Oct 13 by DavieQPR

I'm trying to invest but can't get passed the questionnaire.

Now Daniel has retired, i quite like the idea of QPR Bond.......shaken, not stirred of course.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 18:17 - Oct 13 with 2384 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 14:50 - Oct 12 by DWQPR

Paul, the value of bonds can go down as well as up like any other investment vehicle. They are a lot less volatile that shares but nevertheless can be a risky investment in their own right, given the reliability and creditworthiness of the issuant.

Hence why I said 'as such' the return value will be £500 or Nil - not at all like shares and the return date is fixed as well, at least if its changed you will get plenty of notice.
QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 12:02 - Oct 14 with 2182 viewshoops_legend

The return on this looks good and I like the 25% additional promotion bonus

If you invest £10,000 you also get a VIP match experience

So return (assume we get promoted over five years is)

£2,500 interest over the five years
£2,500 bonus interest
£1,500 club credit

Plus VIP match experience for two people

This is genuinely not bad if you don't need the money for 5 years
QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 12:55 - Oct 14 with 2141 viewsQPR_Hibs

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 12:02 - Oct 14 by hoops_legend

The return on this looks good and I like the 25% additional promotion bonus

If you invest £10,000 you also get a VIP match experience

So return (assume we get promoted over five years is)

£2,500 interest over the five years
£2,500 bonus interest
£1,500 club credit

Plus VIP match experience for two people

This is genuinely not bad if you don't need the money for 5 years

The return is attractive so long as you understand that your capital is at risk.

Personally I cannot afford to risk £10k but I am in for a small amount.
Also the interest/bonus will be paid net of tax so you will not get the full amounts unless you qualify to claim them back from HMRC.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 13:54 - Oct 14 with 2077 viewssaxbend

I think also if we get promoted any sooner than the fifth year the club will pay out the bonus and then end the scheme there and then, returning all the money along with any interest outstanding up to that date. Although they'll probably wait until they receive the first dose of TV money.
QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 14:05 - Oct 14 with 2064 viewsJeff

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 13:54 - Oct 14 by saxbend

I think also if we get promoted any sooner than the fifth year the club will pay out the bonus and then end the scheme there and then, returning all the money along with any interest outstanding up to that date. Although they'll probably wait until they receive the first dose of TV money.

Whilst not going to be part of the promotional material, Lee Hoos has confirmed that if we get promoted this will be the case as soon as is reasonably practical.

The bond has to go for one year minimum, but if we get promoted this May, come November you can expect to get your stake plus 5% plus 25% plus 3% credit and bond will be done.

Can we not knock it?

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 14:57 - Oct 14 with 2028 viewsHamptonR

All investors please be aware that I have done you a very big favour, by not investing.

Over the years I have been responsible for at least two property crashes, one recession, the price of gold plummeting, the demise of Loftus Road PLC, an ISA that returned 50% less than I invested over seven years and pretty much every sporting certainty that has failed.

Friends and family beg me not to bet on QPR, sometimes they actually ask me to back the opposition.

By not investing, I am guaranteeing that those that do, will do very well out of it.
QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 15:20 - Oct 14 with 2006 viewsGloryHunter

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 14:57 - Oct 14 by HamptonR

All investors please be aware that I have done you a very big favour, by not investing.

Over the years I have been responsible for at least two property crashes, one recession, the price of gold plummeting, the demise of Loftus Road PLC, an ISA that returned 50% less than I invested over seven years and pretty much every sporting certainty that has failed.

Friends and family beg me not to bet on QPR, sometimes they actually ask me to back the opposition.

By not investing, I am guaranteeing that those that do, will do very well out of it.

My experiences exactly. Plus I always pick the wrong queue at the supermarket.
QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 16:35 - Oct 14 with 1936 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 12:55 - Oct 14 by QPR_Hibs

The return is attractive so long as you understand that your capital is at risk.

Personally I cannot afford to risk £10k but I am in for a small amount.
Also the interest/bonus will be paid net of tax so you will not get the full amounts unless you qualify to claim them back from HMRC.

or invest via an ISA
QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 18:14 - Oct 14 with 1857 viewsgazza1

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 14:05 - Oct 14 by Jeff

Whilst not going to be part of the promotional material, Lee Hoos has confirmed that if we get promoted this will be the case as soon as is reasonably practical.

The bond has to go for one year minimum, but if we get promoted this May, come November you can expect to get your stake plus 5% plus 25% plus 3% credit and bond will be done.

Good news if that happens and we get promoted. I don't having my money back quickly with a nice profit.
QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 10:09 - Oct 15 with 1663 viewssparkey

Over £6m raised already, incredible effort that!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024