Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Newcastle takeover 20:02 - Oct 7 with 20291 viewsdigswellhoop

Any one feel for steve bruce not what fans wanted but done a job Ashley's done what he said he would any sympathy there
Newcastle takeover on 10:14 - Oct 9 with 2710 viewsloftboy

Newcastle takeover on 08:22 - Oct 9 by essextaxiboy

Exactly, its an exercise in cleaning the Saudi " brand" . What the Newcastle fans dont get is that the dirt is washing off onto them . Ashley has smeared crap on the wall before leaving .

What has Ashley done wrong ( apart from selling to the Saudis) other than keeping the clubs spending to what he could afford?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Newcastle takeover on 10:37 - Oct 9 with 2680 viewsNewhopphoops

Newcastle takeover on 10:14 - Oct 9 by loftboy

What has Ashley done wrong ( apart from selling to the Saudis) other than keeping the clubs spending to what he could afford?

Running a club as a business = "long-suffering fans" in their universe.
Newcastle takeover on 10:41 - Oct 9 with 2672 viewsMedwayR

Newcastle takeover on 10:37 - Oct 9 by Newhopphoops

Running a club as a business = "long-suffering fans" in their universe.

Is that any different to Richard Thompson & how our fans reacted?

Poll: Who’s better?

Newcastle takeover on 11:43 - Oct 9 with 2621 viewsessextaxiboy

It is the manner of his exit ,not his time as owner,

He has taken big money (no problem with that) but has left the Newcastle brand tarnished by selling to a murderous regime with a awful reputation around the world . Smaller commercial partners have a decision to make . Do they stay and benefit from the exposure this deal will give them or cut the links and keep a moral high ground .
Newcastle takeover on 12:22 - Oct 9 with 2573 viewsMedwayR

Newcastle takeover on 11:43 - Oct 9 by essextaxiboy

It is the manner of his exit ,not his time as owner,

He has taken big money (no problem with that) but has left the Newcastle brand tarnished by selling to a murderous regime with a awful reputation around the world . Smaller commercial partners have a decision to make . Do they stay and benefit from the exposure this deal will give them or cut the links and keep a moral high ground .

I suspect the new owners will replace many of Newcastle's current commercial partners with their own anyway.

Poll: Who’s better?

Newcastle takeover on 14:27 - Oct 9 with 2468 viewsMick_S

Newcastle takeover on 19:10 - Oct 8 by paulparker

I bet the likes of Man City, Man Utd, PSG ,Chelsea , Real, Barca are delighted with the news
This means they can unload all their overpaid crap to Newcastle
You just watch the SKY Sports transfer deadline vvankathon next January
I guarantee you will see the likes of Barkley, Mata , Courtinho, all heading to the toon

First signing in, already:

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Newcastle takeover on 19:37 - Oct 9 with 2345 viewshantssi

Is it just me or does Amanda Staveley look like ever Disney cartoon villain every drawn?!
Or should this be on another thread?!
[Post edited 9 Oct 2021 19:44]
Newcastle takeover on 13:52 - Oct 11 with 2114 viewsthemodfather

christina applegate!
as for these take overs and fit for purpose, most seem dodgy at best but money talks , i hope steve bruce takes em for all he can get, yep he is crap but all this behind his back, constructive dismissal , the media love in will start for them now as the money gets passed about.
Login to get fewer ads

Newcastle takeover on 10:15 - Oct 19 with 1841 viewsGloryHunter

Newcastle takeover on 12:22 - Oct 9 by MedwayR

I suspect the new owners will replace many of Newcastle's current commercial partners with their own anyway.

Trouble at t'mill . . .

Premier League clubs vote to block Newcastle sponsorship deals at emergency meeting
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/oct/18/premier-league-clubs-vote-to-bl
[Post edited 19 Oct 2021 10:16]
Newcastle takeover on 11:56 - Oct 19 with 1738 viewsTheChef

Newcastle takeover on 10:15 - Oct 19 by GloryHunter

Trouble at t'mill . . .

Premier League clubs vote to block Newcastle sponsorship deals at emergency meeting
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/oct/18/premier-league-clubs-vote-to-bl

Pot, kettle etc.

I'm sure a few of those other club owners have nothing to be ashamed of, and are fine upstanding individuals.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Newcastle takeover on 11:57 - Oct 19 with 1733 viewsdaveB

From what my Geordie relatives tell me it was more his complete disinterest in the club and distain he had for fans. The infrastructure of the club has not been touched in his 14 years. Training ground makes ours look elite, academy is a mess. They became a club just existing no ambition to be anything other than 17th. Former players banned, using the stadium naming rights for his own company, lots of reasons really.

Not dissimilar to what we had with Flavio and co, from the outside and on paper all looked fine what are you moaning about but we lost what we were as a club and a community.

I wouldn't suggest the new regime are going to make things better but that is what they are hoping for
[Post edited 19 Oct 2021 12:00]
Newcastle takeover on 11:59 - Oct 19 with 1727 viewsdaveB

Newcastle takeover on 10:15 - Oct 19 by GloryHunter

Trouble at t'mill . . .

They won't get away with that, looks like a desperate way to stop Newcastle spending big. The big 6 are shitting themselves
Newcastle takeover on 12:14 - Oct 19 with 1699 viewskensalriser

Newcastle takeover on 11:56 - Oct 19 by TheChef

Pot, kettle etc.

I'm sure a few of those other club owners have nothing to be ashamed of, and are fine upstanding individuals.

I'm sure that not many of them preside over the denial of basic rights to women, beheadings, amputations, the torture and false imprisonment of opponents and the murder and dismemberment of a critic in another country.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2021 12:14]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Newcastle takeover on 12:16 - Oct 19 with 1692 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"it was passed with 18 votes in favour and only Newcastle against. Manchester City abstained."

Of course they abstained.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Newcastle takeover on 12:19 - Oct 19 with 1687 viewsDWQPR

Newcastle takeover on 11:59 - Oct 19 by daveB

They won't get away with that, looks like a desperate way to stop Newcastle spending big. The big 6 are shitting themselves

Man City were the only club to vote with Newcastle. Vested interest and all that I suppose. Can see Newcastle taking the PL to court over this and winning. Football is the worlds biggest whore house and will just get worse.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Newcastle takeover on 12:26 - Oct 19 with 1670 viewsjoe90

Am I the only one that thinks players should take responsibility for questionable owners as it's their wages that make them necessary for a club to 'compete' at the top end of the Premier League.
Newcastle takeover on 12:36 - Oct 19 with 1648 viewsLythamR

Newcastle takeover on 11:59 - Oct 19 by daveB

As are the rest as its one less possible place at the trough for the lesser clubs to scramble for

The Newcastle takeover stinks in its own right, but the hypocrisy of the other clubs is laughable
Newcastle takeover on 12:38 - Oct 19 with 1641 viewsdmm

Newcastle takeover on 12:26 - Oct 19 by joe90

Am I the only one that thinks players should take responsibility for questionable owners as it's their wages that make them necessary for a club to 'compete' at the top end of the Premier League.

An interesting suggestion. What would you consider as 'taking responsibility'?
Newcastle takeover on 12:57 - Oct 19 with 1583 viewsClive_Anderson

Newcastle supporters are almost as entitled as Liverpool these days.

Having said that the whole "financial fair play" or whatever it is called these days is a total farce. Limiting spending based on income when only a select few clubs get access to Champions League money and can outspend everyone else massively does absolutely nothing to make spending "fairer" at all.

If they wanted a more competitive league then they'd introduce a salary cap, but of course it's never actually been the aim of the rules.
Newcastle takeover on 12:58 - Oct 19 with 1587 viewsjoe90

Newcastle takeover on 12:38 - Oct 19 by dmm

An interesting suggestion. What would you consider as 'taking responsibility'?

I'm not actually suggesting it, instead making the point that there's reason why clubs need very rich owners, the like of which tend to come from countries with questionable human rights.

Everyone's suddenly an expert on human rights in the Middle East but conveniently have a blind spot to what is driving the demand.
Newcastle takeover on 13:20 - Oct 19 with 1545 viewsdaveB

Newcastle takeover on 12:19 - Oct 19 by DWQPR

Man City were the only club to vote with Newcastle. Vested interest and all that I suppose. Can see Newcastle taking the PL to court over this and winning. Football is the worlds biggest whore house and will just get worse.

Man City abstained as apparently the vote was unlawful and won't stand up in court
Newcastle takeover on 15:08 - Oct 19 with 1441 viewsClive_Anderson

Newcastle takeover on 13:20 - Oct 19 by daveB

Man City abstained as apparently the vote was unlawful and won't stand up in court

Probably just want to tie them up in the legal process to limit their spending for a year or two until they can find another way to pull up the ladder.
Newcastle takeover on 15:25 - Oct 19 with 1403 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Newcastle takeover on 13:20 - Oct 19 by daveB

Well, that's the public reason they gave. But I don't think it would help them if this vote somehow helped establish a legal precedent and they had been seen to agree with it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Newcastle takeover on 15:50 - Oct 19 with 1364 viewsMrSheen

Newcastle takeover on 15:25 - Oct 19 by BrianMcCarthy

Well, that's the public reason they gave. But I don't think it would help them if this vote somehow helped establish a legal precedent and they had been seen to agree with it.

Abu Dhabi keen to stay in the Saudi good books?
Newcastle takeover on 20:50 - Oct 19 with 1238 viewsStanisgod

Newcastle takeover on 11:56 - Oct 19 by TheChef

Pot, kettle etc.

Scum are protesting due to now not having the biggest criminal in charge of a football club anymore, alledgedly.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024