Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rail Seating Survey - Update 12:08 - Oct 13 with 4917 viewsBrianMcCarthy

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/rail-seating-survey-update-131021/

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Rail Seating Survey - Update on 18:16 - Oct 13 with 1833 viewsHarbour

Reading Lee Hoos statement he appears to indicate this will not be a straightforward install of the rail seating and subsequent moving out of fans to other areas. The 15% indicated they are not happy and reference to the award winning family friendly gold award suggests just moving installing the rails in the LL may not be that easy. Will be interesting to see how the club deals with this. I tend to sit in the upper loft so have no gripe either way but did vote for the R block as the ideal place to put it..
Rail Seating Survey - Update on 18:31 - Oct 13 with 1784 viewsMedwayR

As someone has already pointed out, you can’t do blocks of rail seating as it’ll impact sight lines.

A rail seating-family stand combo in the lower loft would only work if it was split horizontally with the back half being rail seating.

Pros and cons to that so who knows…

Poll: Who’s better?

Rail Seating Survey - Update on 19:14 - Oct 13 with 1751 viewsdaveB

Rail Seating Survey - Update on 18:31 - Oct 13 by MedwayR

As someone has already pointed out, you can’t do blocks of rail seating as it’ll impact sight lines.

A rail seating-family stand combo in the lower loft would only work if it was split horizontally with the back half being rail seating.

I think you have to do rail seating for the whole stand but you should be able to split it just have one area with seats unlocked and other with them locked so you have to stand I'm not sure that is what is being suggested but it should be possible
Rail Seating Survey - Update on 19:18 - Oct 13 with 1739 viewshertshoops

Rail Seating Survey - Update on 18:10 - Oct 13 by HAMRanger

I'm not a teenager and I would love to be able to stand in the Loft again. In the 80s etc I was a Loft Boy and hate that it is the family stand now. The stand behind the home goal should be where the vocal support is (my opinion). The R Block and more recently X Block have done a great job to create atmosphere. I go X Block now just because I know there will be singing and banter with the away fans!

I'm in my mid 50's now and used to stand with my dad in the Paddocks then the Loft, and would love to again
My teenage lad is a ST with me, but preferred the cup games where he could go and stand up in X for the atmosphere
I don't hate the family stand, as it serves a purpose in bringing the next generation of fans in, but would much prefer the Loft to be bouncing and singing like it used to
Rail Seating Survey - Update on 19:32 - Oct 13 with 1725 viewsHAMRanger

Rail Seating Survey - Update on 19:18 - Oct 13 by hertshoops

I'm in my mid 50's now and used to stand with my dad in the Paddocks then the Loft, and would love to again
My teenage lad is a ST with me, but preferred the cup games where he could go and stand up in X for the atmosphere
I don't hate the family stand, as it serves a purpose in bringing the next generation of fans in, but would much prefer the Loft to be bouncing and singing like it used to

Yep I agree. I don't hate the family, (I think it is great for the cub's future,) I just don't agree with it being behind the goal in the loft.
Rail Seating Survey - Update on 19:38 - Oct 13 with 1709 viewsstainrods_elbow

Rail Seating Survey - Update on 12:26 - Oct 13 by CliveWilsonSaid

I’d imagine this will mean the family stand being moved? Or scrapped?

Let's hope it's the latter. The main obstruction to dads taking their popsicles to the footie these days is the all-in cost, obviously, not whether or not there is a designated family zone in the stadium. The principal impact of the whizzkid idea of the Family Stand has been to depopulate the Lower Loft, as far as I can see. I'd like to see the whole end refitted with rail seating, re named the 'Loftus Road Retro Calling All Rs Stand' and doubling up the numbers if we can get away with it for all and sundry.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Rail Seating Survey - Update on 19:51 - Oct 13 with 1687 viewsDavieQPR

Rail Seating Survey - Update on 19:38 - Oct 13 by stainrods_elbow

Let's hope it's the latter. The main obstruction to dads taking their popsicles to the footie these days is the all-in cost, obviously, not whether or not there is a designated family zone in the stadium. The principal impact of the whizzkid idea of the Family Stand has been to depopulate the Lower Loft, as far as I can see. I'd like to see the whole end refitted with rail seating, re named the 'Loftus Road Retro Calling All Rs Stand' and doubling up the numbers if we can get away with it for all and sundry.

With H&S can you officially have a standing area in an upper tier?
Rail Seating Survey - Update on 20:46 - Oct 13 with 1631 viewsParkRoyalR

Rail Seating Survey - Update on 18:00 - Oct 13 by Northernr

"Reading away was a decent turn-out for our much younger fanbase, which only came about due to the ticketing mess-up, and atmosphere was great as most stood the whole game."

I get a bit chippy about this. Loyalty points were in use the following Tuesday at Bournemouth, the atmosphere was fcking great again, away end mostly standing. Same at West Brom, again loyalty points in use. The team's doing well, the away followings are big, the atmosphere is good.

I know this probably isn't what you're saying, I'm talking more generally, so I'm not having a go I promise but I'm not having this growing social media narrative that people who've been following this club home and particularly away for the last ten years or more, sitting through some absolute sht, particularly away from home, are now somehow a superflous load of old dinosaurs who sit down, don't sing, don't create an atmospehere and should get out of the way because there's 2,000 young lads who want to come and do all that. It's not fair, it's disrepsectful, it's not true, and if we were 16th in the table again, bringing Matt Smith on for the final 20 minutes to forlournley chase 2-0 deficits in every away game, then these debates/arguments wouldn't be taking place because I know exactly how few tickets we'd have sold for Peterborough and who it would be buying them.

All taken in the spirit intended, and agree, no amount of loyalty points could compensate for the demoralizing sight of Matt Smith doing his best Douglas Bader impression as he strolled on for the last 15 as we chased (slowly) another away defeat.

Maybe there's no turning back the tides of time of cheap match day tickets for u16's, away day specials where a 16 year old is'nt charged £80 for a return train ticket on top of his £25 match ticket, where he can just stand with his mates and not be told to sit down etc

Might be looking at this through rose-tinted glasses of nostalgia but Rail Seating on the rear half of the Lower Loft seems a great option, as does the idea to accommodate Covid nervous fans in Lower School End.

Both show the club is doing its best for the fans.
Login to get fewer ads

Rail Seating Survey - Update on 11:08 - Oct 14 with 1368 viewsthemodfather

while we are at it, can we have jumpers for goal posts at the same time?
Rail Seating Survey - Update on 11:12 - Oct 14 with 1362 viewsRs_Holy

Rail Seating Survey - Update on 12:40 - Oct 13 by wombat

Loft is perfect place for it , one way of doing it would be to have say the outer blocks as safe standing and allowing the blocks in the middle as seats still , any families in the outer blocks could move more central , not perfect but prob better than the whole lower loft being made safe standing

great idea wombat... I think that would work. I personally think that the Paddocks would be best... unfortunately hardly anyone agreed with me :( .... I used to love standing in the Paddocks back in the day
Rail Seating Survey - Update on 11:55 - Oct 14 with 1301 viewsParkRoyalR

Rail Seating Survey - Update on 12:40 - Oct 13 by wombat

Loft is perfect place for it , one way of doing it would be to have say the outer blocks as safe standing and allowing the blocks in the middle as seats still , any families in the outer blocks could move more central , not perfect but prob better than the whole lower loft being made safe standing

Outer Blocks as Safe Standing is a really good call as would help overcome the sight lines issues as those seated in the central section behind the goal could still see all with the exception of maybe the corner-taker, which is no difference to a lot of the seats in South Africa + Loft Upper.
Rail Seating Survey - Update on 12:15 - Oct 14 with 1290 viewslondonscottish

Rail Seating Survey - Update on 18:31 - Oct 13 by MedwayR

Thats's not a bad shout.

I'm in row L in the lower loft so maybe 2/3 the way back. It would work to have rows L & behind standing.

FWIW I voted for standing and was really happy to hear that the LL was being considered.

I used to be one row from the back in MU and was stood 95% of the time. Loved those seats for that reason.

In fact it's annoying at the moment because I always want to stand when there's action heading towards the goal and have to keep turning round to make sure I'm not blocking anyone's view.

Standing's seems much more natural than sitting to me, anyway.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Rail Seating Survey - Update on 14:06 - Oct 14 with 1197 viewsdmm

Rail Seating Survey - Update on 12:15 - Oct 14 by londonscottish

Thats's not a bad shout.

I'm in row L in the lower loft so maybe 2/3 the way back. It would work to have rows L & behind standing.

FWIW I voted for standing and was really happy to hear that the LL was being considered.

I used to be one row from the back in MU and was stood 95% of the time. Loved those seats for that reason.

In fact it's annoying at the moment because I always want to stand when there's action heading towards the goal and have to keep turning round to make sure I'm not blocking anyone's view.

Standing's seems much more natural than sitting to me, anyway.

I'm in HU and we all stand all game. Ever since those glorious days of standing in the Loftus Road kid's pen, right against the wall to the right hand side of the goal, I've never got used to sitting at a football match.
Rail Seating Survey - Update on 19:01 - Oct 18 with 951 viewsGloryHunter

‘Safe’ standing barriers are anything but, says former Wembley Stadium manager.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/oct/18/safe-standing-barriers-are-anyt
Rail Seating Survey - Update on 19:39 - Oct 18 with 893 viewsStanisgod

Rail Seating Survey - Update on 15:49 - Oct 13 by Lanhoop

I suppose that if the vote is to mean anything then the 2736 people who voted for LL will have no choice to give up their current seats and move over there when there are rail seats installed?

Pretty much the same as when I hade to lose my seat in the LL that Id had for years with the same mates, when it was made a family stand.
Not that I'm still bitter of course 😛😛

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Rail Seating Survey - Update on 22:56 - Oct 18 with 816 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Rail Seating Survey - Update on 19:01 - Oct 18 by GloryHunter

‘Safe’ standing barriers are anything but, says former Wembley Stadium manager.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/oct/18/safe-standing-barriers-are-anyt

Call me a cynic... Noel Jeffs has developed his range of 2020 seating with the higher barriers and is now criticising the regulations that allow lower barriers. Coincidence?

https://2020seat.co.uk/

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Rail Seating Survey - Update on 23:45 - Oct 18 with 780 viewsGloryHunter

Rail Seating Survey - Update on 22:56 - Oct 18 by CliveWilsonSaid

Call me a cynic... Noel Jeffs has developed his range of 2020 seating with the higher barriers and is now criticising the regulations that allow lower barriers. Coincidence?

https://2020seat.co.uk/

800mm does seem a bit low. Apart from the risk of being tipped over the rail, it's too low for the average person to lean their elbows on.

800mm is hand-height. 1100mm is elbow / forearm height. Try it for yourselves. I had always imagined being able to lean my forearms on the rail in front of me.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2021 23:45]
Rail Seating Survey - Update on 01:33 - Oct 19 with 748 viewsDavieQPR

The other thing against the lower loft is the size. There are about 1900 seats there that would need to be replaced. If you work out removal and fitting at £250 a seat that's £475k for basically no extra return.
Rail Seating Survey - Update on 02:39 - Oct 19 with 736 viewsBoston

Rail Seating..,will there be 1st and 2nd Class, non smoking and ladies compartments?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024