Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bond Scheme 10:44 - Oct 14 with 1782 viewsstneotsbloke

I've been trying to invest in the Training Ground bond. The application form requires me to answer seven questions relating to the potential financial risks.
I've read the Application Document several times but can't seem to get the correct answers.
There must be thousands of supporters out there who have managed this without a problem so it must be me !!.
Is anyone out there able to help me get a full house of correct answers

Bond Scheme on 10:57 - Oct 14 with 1754 viewssaxbend

Those questions are really telling you the answers. They want you to acknowledge all of the risks. So the "correct" answers are really the least naive of the options for each question. The idea is that once you have demonstrated that you understand what the worst case scenario could be, then they will not be responsible for what happens if things go really wrong (short of deliberate wrongdoing), and so they can allow you to invest according the rules that they have to follow.
Bond Scheme on 14:06 - Oct 14 with 1600 viewsstneotsbloke

Bond Scheme on 10:57 - Oct 14 by saxbend

Those questions are really telling you the answers. They want you to acknowledge all of the risks. So the "correct" answers are really the least naive of the options for each question. The idea is that once you have demonstrated that you understand what the worst case scenario could be, then they will not be responsible for what happens if things go really wrong (short of deliberate wrongdoing), and so they can allow you to invest according the rules that they have to follow.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.
I completely get the need for investors to be fully aware of what they're signing up for the the potential risks.
That is, of course, right and proper but there were a couple of questions that I wasn't 100% sure of and they weren't (to me anyway !!) clear in the Application Document.
Nevertheless, I had another look through it all and made a couple of reasonable assumptions and finally put correct responses to all seven questions and my investment how now gone through.
After losing my modest investment in QPR shares all those years ago I know the risks but the directors and management team we have in place now are a rather different kettle of fish and I am prepared to take what I regard as a minimal risk to support the club as I have done for the past 54 years.

Onwards and, hopefully, upwards
Bond Scheme on 14:07 - Oct 14 with 1597 viewsNorthernr

Let's try keep it to a single thread guys, we're getting a lot of threads about the same thing.

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? by saxbend 30 Sep 2021 11:06
I have some money sitting in a savings account that does very little except act as a place for my other savings account to empty into annually. I would like to invest it into something a bit more interesting and I am very tempted to believe that the Bond for the new training ground could be it.

So for those of you who've done this sort of thing before (or do it often), what do you think?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024