Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Air Quality of new training pitches? 13:46 - Oct 15 with 3334 viewsswisscottage

From various studies living up to 150m from a Motorway is linked to a 14% increased risk of developing Dementia.

Also increases risks of chest related illnesses.

Did the club look into the affects of the air pollution from the Motorway on the players?
Air Quality of new training pitches? on 13:59 - Oct 15 with 3272 viewsizlingtonhoop

Air Quality of new training pitches? on 14:03 - Oct 15 with 3259 viewsNorthernr

Have you been to Harlington Swiss? M4 behind one goal, Heathrow runway behind the other..
Air Quality of new training pitches? on 14:05 - Oct 15 with 3235 viewsted_hendrix

What has become recently apparent to me is that the M40 the M42 and the M6 have at certain times of the day been closing nearside lanes due to Air Quality, some of these lanes not all hard shoulder are used during peak times, some are 'smart motorway sections.
Never really thought about Air Quality until recently but it's a big thing now and is I believe having an Impact on new house sales where the houses are closer to a main road.
You learn something every day I guess.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Air Quality of new training pitches? on 14:07 - Oct 15 with 3230 viewsswisscottage

I'm aware Clive, and this thread isn't a dig to what is an overwhelmingly positive development but I was just wondering if anyone better informed than I am had any thoughts about this.

I wouldn't want to train that close to a Motorway every day.
Air Quality of new training pitches? on 14:18 - Oct 15 with 3175 viewsloftboy

Blimey,I lived for 25 years within a few hundred yards ( as the crow flies) from the M3/M25 junction.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Air Quality of new training pitches? on 14:28 - Oct 15 with 3147 viewsPhildo

You can do a lot to improve the air quality with clever planting of trees even on a site adjacent to busy roads. I imagine the club are likely to be thinking about that.
Air Quality of new training pitches? on 14:31 - Oct 15 with 3122 viewstoboboly

Air Quality of new training pitches? on 14:03 - Oct 15 by Northernr

Have you been to Harlington Swiss? M4 behind one goal, Heathrow runway behind the other..

Is this the clubs excuse for so many of our players being prize plums down the years?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Air Quality of new training pitches? on 14:46 - Oct 15 with 3101 viewsE1Hoop

Air Quality of new training pitches? on 14:31 - Oct 15 by toboboly

Is this the clubs excuse for so many of our players being prize plums down the years?

Perhaps it is like altitude training for athletes.
Train all week in polluted air and then on match day in fresh(er) air we run rings round the opposition.
Login to get fewer ads

Air Quality of new training pitches? on 14:52 - Oct 15 with 3086 viewsBoston

Your arguments full of holes, Swiss.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Air Quality of new training pitches? on 15:11 - Oct 15 with 3042 viewsfrancisbowles

As the first team play every three days, don't get much time to train.
Air Quality of new training pitches? on 16:19 - Oct 15 with 2935 viewsLazyFan

Air Quality of new training pitches? on 14:03 - Oct 15 by Northernr

This would explain why Washout could not find the goal then.

zzzzzzzzzz

Air Quality of new training pitches? on 23:18 - Oct 15 with 2677 viewsLogman

Living that close to a motorway and not taking any remedial action probably does increase the risk of illness but not living that close to a motorway, only training that close to a motorway and part of the time in an air conditioned gym and the risk is probably not too serious.
Air Quality of new training pitches? on 11:25 - Oct 16 with 2495 viewsPinnerPaul

I'm in trouble then - regularly officiate at clubs near the airport - Bedfont Sports, Ashford Town etc
Air Quality of new training pitches? on 15:54 - Oct 16 with 2379 viewsloftboy

Air Quality of new training pitches? on 11:25 - Oct 16 by PinnerPaul

I'm in trouble then - regularly officiate at clubs near the airport - Bedfont Sports, Ashford Town etc

Had to stop the game at Bedfont one Sunday morning when Concorde took off, players couldn’t hear my whistle, went over the ground at an unbelievable low height.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Air Quality of new training pitches? on 00:37 - Oct 17 with 2208 viewsBoston

Air Quality of new training pitches? on 23:18 - Oct 15 by Logman

Living that close to a motorway and not taking any remedial action probably does increase the risk of illness but not living that close to a motorway, only training that close to a motorway and part of the time in an air conditioned gym and the risk is probably not too serious.

You'll be fine, just look both ways when you're crossing the M4.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Air Quality of new training pitches? on 09:38 - Oct 17 with 2087 viewsPinnerPaul

Air Quality of new training pitches? on 15:54 - Oct 16 by loftboy

Had to stop the game at Bedfont one Sunday morning when Concorde took off, players couldn’t hear my whistle, went over the ground at an unbelievable low height.

I was there this week, planes coming in to land behind the stand, so not too bad, but, yes I have been there when they are taking off from that same runway and you can't hear the whistle.
Air Quality of new training pitches? on 10:59 - Oct 17 with 2038 viewsEsox_Lucius

Tangentially; when I used to play cricket for Bicester & N.Oxon there would be sticks of parachutists flying out of Weston-On-The-Green airfield and landing nearby to the cricket pitches. It was a legitimate tactic of our batsmen to take a gander and see who was regularly looking up to watch them dropping out of the plane and try to aim their shots at those fielders.

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024