Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The actual Fulham thread 14:30 - Oct 15 with 33656 viewsMyke

So going for three in a row here, but I suspect my biggest challenge yet. I'm going for a thrill -a-minute 2-2 draw, with us being ahead, behind and finally a last-minute equaliser from Willock. Probably be 0-0 so! Austin also to score.
The actual Fulham thread on 21:37 - Oct 16 with 2090 viewsHooparoo

What a shit show to wake up to. Glad I went to bed early

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

The actual Fulham thread on 21:57 - Oct 16 with 2043 viewsLythamR

I am not sure we are giving Fulham enough credit, they were good today and some of the noted poor performances were as much about the quality of the opposition as our deficiencies

We were always going to struggle in midfield once Ball stupidly got himself booked early and i am quite surprised we didnt end up with 10 men. Johansson was playing against a team that knows him well and it showed, they denied him space and opportunities to turn out and make passes more than previous opponents this season

Most of their players are a different class to ours but until the 2ng goal we looked just as likely to go on and win as they did.

It certainly wasnt our best day but it wasnt the disaster some would have us believe. Dickie isnt shit because he was bested by Mitrovic he just isnt in the same class, we have to be realistic about that. thankfully most teams dont have a Mitrovic and I still think we have enough to compete strongly for 4th position down.
The actual Fulham thread on 22:53 - Oct 16 with 1902 viewsMyke

The actual Fulham thread on 21:57 - Oct 16 by LythamR

I am not sure we are giving Fulham enough credit, they were good today and some of the noted poor performances were as much about the quality of the opposition as our deficiencies

We were always going to struggle in midfield once Ball stupidly got himself booked early and i am quite surprised we didnt end up with 10 men. Johansson was playing against a team that knows him well and it showed, they denied him space and opportunities to turn out and make passes more than previous opponents this season

Most of their players are a different class to ours but until the 2ng goal we looked just as likely to go on and win as they did.

It certainly wasnt our best day but it wasnt the disaster some would have us believe. Dickie isnt shit because he was bested by Mitrovic he just isnt in the same class, we have to be realistic about that. thankfully most teams dont have a Mitrovic and I still think we have enough to compete strongly for 4th position down.

Dickie has proved himself to be a top Championship defender. Mitroviic has proved (twice) that he is not premier league standard, so why should Dickie not be 'in the same class' as Mitrovic?
The actual Fulham thread on 23:22 - Oct 16 with 1857 viewsNortholt_Rs

The actual Fulham thread on 22:53 - Oct 16 by Myke

Dickie has proved himself to be a top Championship defender. Mitroviic has proved (twice) that he is not premier league standard, so why should Dickie not be 'in the same class' as Mitrovic?

Did you watch the game? If so, that’s why….

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

The actual Fulham thread on 23:33 - Oct 16 with 1828 viewsjohncharles

Dickie was not at his best today for whatever reason. On another day he would have shackled Mitrovik.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 0:30]

Strong and stable my arse.

The actual Fulham thread on 00:28 - Oct 17 with 1758 viewsLythamR

The actual Fulham thread on 22:53 - Oct 16 by Myke

He hasnt proved himself to be a top championship defender. I really like Dickie he is very promising but he isnt even close to proving to be a top championship defender yet

hopefully he will go on to do so

Nobody said anything about the premiership but Mitrovic is lethal at championship level and showed why today.
The actual Fulham thread on 07:15 - Oct 17 with 1600 viewstraininvain

The actual Fulham thread on 18:07 - Oct 16 by BrianMcCarthy

Benny,

I've agreed with a few of your posts this evening and upvoted a couple of very good ones, but there's no need for shouting people down really.

Traininvain* is right - none of us have any idea on wages.

* Need to ask - what does that poster name mean?
[Post edited 16 Oct 2021 18:08]

Brian, Train in Vain is a song by the Clash hence my username.

Hopefully calmer heads on here today after the disappointment of yesterday. I’m not feeling too down. I fancy we’ll bounce back this week.

Keep the faith all!
The actual Fulham thread on 07:46 - Oct 17 with 1567 viewsthemodfather

Our record in london derbies for 20 years has been very poor and some right pastings in there, we rarely seem up for it yet our rivals are ? Hopefully we keep playing well stop conceding so many and get back to winning very soon , COYRs
Login to get fewer ads

The actual Fulham thread on 09:20 - Oct 17 with 1434 viewsPinnerPaul

The actual Fulham thread on 14:45 - Oct 16 by Antti_Heinola

The reign is over. Sack this clueless chancer now.

I mean Myke obviously. Bring back Pinner!

Hmmm not so sure.

I'm plummeting down the prediction league, that 3-0 prediction v Hull seems a long time ago.

"No consistency at all ref!"
The actual Fulham thread on 09:31 - Oct 17 with 1407 viewsPinnerPaul

The actual Fulham thread on 18:10 - Oct 16 by Benny_the_Ball

Bless you Brian, I'm not. It's a quote from the film 'Jerry Maguire'. Nevertheless in the interests of brotherhood I've edited the post.

And we do have an idea on wages. Somewhat disingenuous and convenient to suggest otherwise.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2021 18:13]

We have an idea, yep No idea.

We all have opinions, but to dress them up as a 'fact' is never going to go down well.
The actual Fulham thread on 09:35 - Oct 17 with 1397 viewsPinnerPaul

The actual Fulham thread on 19:48 - Oct 16 by BrianMcCarthy

Dead right Bosh.

He's going through a challenging patch at the moment, but he's an exceptional talent who's still learning. I loved that at half-time before Fulham came back out he could be seen discussing tactics with Jimmy Dunne (or possibly jelly babies, who knows?)

or Charlie's wages
The actual Fulham thread on 23:56 - Oct 17 with 1046 viewsBenny_the_Ball

The actual Fulham thread on 18:16 - Oct 16 by BrianMcCarthy

Sorry if I missed the joke, Benny.

I genuinely don't have a clue on his wages. I was amazed he joined us on a permanent, and was undecided on the wisdom of it, but I'd be even more amazed if we broke our wage structure for anyone.

No worries, Brian. I could see now how my original post could have been misconstrued by anyone unfamiliar with the film or the quote, hence why I edited it. Apologies to traininvain for any offence caused (albeit inadvertently).

On the subject of wages, I don't think that the club has broken its wage structure to sign Charlie but, given his pedigree, the position he plays and the salary he previously commanded, I think it's fair to assume that he's is one of the higher, if not highest, earners at the club. In any event, regardless of what he earns the minimum requirement for a professional footballer is to be fit and work hard.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2021 0:21]
The actual Fulham thread on 00:31 - Oct 18 with 1027 viewsBenny_the_Ball

The actual Fulham thread on 09:31 - Oct 17 by PinnerPaul

We have an idea, yep No idea.

We all have opinions, but to dress them up as a 'fact' is never going to go down well.

No disrespect to anyone but I always find arguments like 'no one knows what players earn' or 'he was on a free' rather lazy and disingenious. Accounts are in the public domain and information on wages isn't difficult to find.

I can understand that some find the topic of players wages unpalatable. After all, it'll take the average joe around 8 years to earn what Charlie picks up in 2 months. However, as unsavoury as you may find such topics it doesn't mean that we don't know. We do, some just don't care to admit it. That's your prerogative but don't speak for all.
The actual Fulham thread on 14:11 - Oct 18 with 886 viewsPinnerPaul

The actual Fulham thread on 00:31 - Oct 18 by Benny_the_Ball

No disrespect to anyone but I always find arguments like 'no one knows what players earn' or 'he was on a free' rather lazy and disingenious. Accounts are in the public domain and information on wages isn't difficult to find.

I can understand that some find the topic of players wages unpalatable. After all, it'll take the average joe around 8 years to earn what Charlie picks up in 2 months. However, as unsavoury as you may find such topics it doesn't mean that we don't know. We do, some just don't care to admit it. That's your prerogative but don't speak for all.

More opinions dressed up as facts again I'm afraid.

I'll admit I'm wrong when you show me the line in the accounts, that states Charlie's wages?

They don't even separate the players from the manager, coaches etc, so your claim is evidently not true.

I also don't really see the point you're making.

If you think he IS too old/slow unfit, perfectly reasonable to have that opinion btw, but if he is only on £1,000 a week, is that acceptable then, but not if he is on £10,000 a week?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024