Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The actual Fulham thread 14:30 - Oct 15 with 33186 viewsMyke

So going for three in a row here, but I suspect my biggest challenge yet. I'm going for a thrill -a-minute 2-2 draw, with us being ahead, behind and finally a last-minute equaliser from Willock. Probably be 0-0 so! Austin also to score.
The actual Fulham thread on 14:33 - Oct 16 with 2538 viewsLogman

The actual Fulham thread on 14:28 - Oct 16 by PinnerPaul

Why?

Because we need Dykes in from the start, I'd be happy with Jimmy Dunne starting and I would like to see a better ball player in the form of Amos or Adomah in midfield and possibly Kakay at right wing back.
The actual Fulham thread on 14:35 - Oct 16 with 2489 viewsNorthantsHoop

Yet another lacklustre return after an international break, annoyingly Fulham look a class above us. Mitrovic 2nd goal heads go down. Shame as Lyndon scored a great equaliser. Heads up and get a result against Blackburn on Tuesday.
The actual Fulham thread on 14:36 - Oct 16 with 2458 viewsGaryT

The actual Fulham thread on 14:29 - Oct 16 by traininvain

So that’s £50m on three players. Difficult to compete with that on our budget. I think we’re basically agreeing here!

Would be easier to take if they hadn't been beaten by Reading, Blackpool and Coventry in 3 of their last 4 games. Losing heavily to Fulham is something we do on a regular basis but I was hoping with us on the back of two wins this year would be different, what was I thinking!

Roll on Tuesday.
The actual Fulham thread on 14:36 - Oct 16 with 2453 viewsMatch82

Cr*p day, just didn't happen for us. Hopefully a one off. Go again Tuesday. Balls.
The actual Fulham thread on 14:36 - Oct 16 with 2442 viewsGreenbay

FT REPORT
A dose of reality is always good.
This 4-1 heavy defeat at Fulham could have been even worse.
Apart from a useful short spell after HT we were outplayed in every department.
Our attack was nowhere near as sharp as Fulham;
Our defence is as brittle as usual.
This doesn't mean we can't finish in the top six.
We can.
We are steadily improving - and have to take these setbacks in our stride.
We have gems in Willock, Chair and Dykes - what an improvement from the Scot/Aussie.
Fulham - especially in this match - along with West Brom and Bournemouth - are largely in a different class because they have so much strength in depth.
Mitrovic is an example of sheer quality.
But - like a graph - we take 2 steps forward and one step back.
It's steady progress that counts over several months.
So we shouldn't be too disheartened.
In fact I believe we are more than the sum of our parts.
And that's due to Warbs, the coaching team and all the staff.
Victory at home to Blackburn on Tuesday then at Peterborough next Saturday and we will all be bubbling again.
That would mean 4 wins in 5 matches - a good return.
Top six by the end of the season - highly likely.
The actual Fulham thread on 14:37 - Oct 16 with 2429 viewsderbyhoop

They were better side but 4-1 flattered them. Apart fro Dunne getting caught for the third, there weren't many obvious errors.
Dickie might have been a touch stronger for 1st
Thought Mitro shoved Jordy for his 2nd
Last one we were too open but it was 92nd minute.

Charlie, Ilias and Dom Ball did v little.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

The actual Fulham thread on 14:37 - Oct 16 with 2429 viewsjohncharles

Can’t believe how much time we allowed Robinson. From the minute he got the ball he had a huge sign up above his head saying I AM LINING UP A SHOT ON GOAL.😝

Strong and stable my arse.

The actual Fulham thread on 14:37 - Oct 16 with 2417 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Disappointing result and performance
I thought we were going to win at 1-1
[Post edited 16 Oct 2021 14:38]
Login to get fewer ads

The actual Fulham thread on 14:37 - Oct 16 with 2401 viewsEmpireStateRanger

I guess the good news is we got arguably our three toughest road matches out of the way before November.

Didn’t get any points from them of course.
The actual Fulham thread on 14:38 - Oct 16 with 2386 viewsGroveR

The actual Fulham thread on 14:12 - Oct 16 by Toast_R

Odubajo -I'm not a fan. I don't think hes very good defensively and I'd have Adomah over him going forward all day long.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2021 14:13]

He wasn't the reason we lost but very poor today.
The actual Fulham thread on 14:39 - Oct 16 with 2376 viewsMick_S

The actual Fulham thread on 14:36 - Oct 16 by Greenbay

FT REPORT
A dose of reality is always good.
This 4-1 heavy defeat at Fulham could have been even worse.
Apart from a useful short spell after HT we were outplayed in every department.
Our attack was nowhere near as sharp as Fulham;
Our defence is as brittle as usual.
This doesn't mean we can't finish in the top six.
We can.
We are steadily improving - and have to take these setbacks in our stride.
We have gems in Willock, Chair and Dykes - what an improvement from the Scot/Aussie.
Fulham - especially in this match - along with West Brom and Bournemouth - are largely in a different class because they have so much strength in depth.
Mitrovic is an example of sheer quality.
But - like a graph - we take 2 steps forward and one step back.
It's steady progress that counts over several months.
So we shouldn't be too disheartened.
In fact I believe we are more than the sum of our parts.
And that's due to Warbs, the coaching team and all the staff.
Victory at home to Blackburn on Tuesday then at Peterborough next Saturday and we will all be bubbling again.
That would mean 4 wins in 5 matches - a good return.
Top six by the end of the season - highly likely.

Good post mate.

Slow start often means slow Rangers. We were just not there today.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

The actual Fulham thread on 14:39 - Oct 16 with 2367 viewsWegerles_Stairs

The actual Fulham thread on 14:33 - Oct 16 by Logman

Because we need Dykes in from the start, I'd be happy with Jimmy Dunne starting and I would like to see a better ball player in the form of Amos or Adomah in midfield and possibly Kakay at right wing back.

Warburton cost us that game with his crap selection and even worse second substitution. Moses was abysmal; should have brought him off for Albert at 1-1. Warburton has his favourites and they're not very good. Why isn't Amos playing ffs? Pitiful performance and we're going nowhere. People are deluding themselves if they think we are. Brentford-Chelsea in the Premier League later and we're being bummed in the gob by a very average Fulham side. I want my tube fare reimbursed.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2021 14:40]
The actual Fulham thread on 14:39 - Oct 16 with 2359 viewsdavman

Lost to a more expensive superior team. The gulf between the Cash League and this one grows by the season.

Spent the whole game waiting for those second balls to drop to us, but they never did. Saw Sam Field in the training video, wonder how far off he is?

Oh, and, by the way MYKE OUT!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

The actual Fulham thread on 14:42 - Oct 16 with 2292 viewsWegerles_Stairs

The actual Fulham thread on 14:12 - Oct 16 by Toast_R

Odubajo -I'm not a fan. I don't think hes very good defensively and I'd have Adomah over him going forward all day long.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2021 14:13]

One of the worst performances I have ever seen. Can't defend and cuts inside every frigging time. How he stayed on for 90 minutes is beyond me.
The actual Fulham thread on 14:44 - Oct 16 with 2254 viewsnix

The actual Fulham thread on 14:30 - Oct 16 by BrianMcCarthy

He was on his own in midfield today, since HT, and really since the 6th minute when ball got booked.

I agree Brian. Playing Ball and Austin together is a bit like playing with one player fewer. I'm not sure whether it's positioning or what but when Ball plays we always seem to be more overrun in midfield. Austin cannot provide an outlet. He has other skills in the box but he's not a target man.

Having said that, I think we can agree we lost to the better team today. It's not a disaster but there's work still to do, clearly.

But that Dykes goal was excellent!
[Post edited 16 Oct 2021 14:45]
The actual Fulham thread on 14:45 - Oct 16 with 2226 viewsAntti_Heinola

The reign is over. Sack this clueless chancer now.

I mean Myke obviously. Bring back Pinner!

Bare bones.

The actual Fulham thread on 14:46 - Oct 16 with 2199 viewsted_hendrix

It's times like these I'm glad I'm not a Watford fan.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The actual Fulham thread on 14:46 - Oct 16 with 2199 viewsQPR_Jim

The actual Fulham thread on 14:38 - Oct 16 by GroveR

He wasn't the reason we lost but very poor today.

I agree, he seemed to be quite hesitant with the ball looking at his options, taking too many touches then laying it back. Watching on TV it's hard to know if that's a problem with him or the movement ahead of him.
The actual Fulham thread on 14:46 - Oct 16 with 2199 viewsMyke

Mistake to play Chair today. Completely anonymous . Warburton needs to be consistent when it comes to players coming back from international duty. You don't leave out Dykes and play Chair. Amos' energy in the middle of the park would have been more beneficial first half. Ball poor and Johansen overworked (still motm though)
Austin looks overweight and unfit. Apart from one turn - which then resulted in a ridiculous shot over the bar - contributed nothing. A close-up of him making a run down the right touchline before hoofing the ball high and wide, after which he looked absolutely knackered says it all. As for Gray... nuff said. That we have only one potent striker at this stage is worrying.

Also, unless McCallum was actually injured, it was also a mistake by Warburton to remove him. Upset our balance down the left and led directly to their third (killer) goal, as Dunne came too narrow, a mistake Barbet would not have made in that position. You can look at all the data you like, but sometimes you need to use your common sense.

Apart from ten-minutes after half time and a brief spell mid-way through the first half, easily our poorest performance of the season, for which I feel Warburton must shoulder some of the blame.
I hand over the thread baton to the next brave soul
[Post edited 16 Oct 2021 14:56]
The actual Fulham thread on 14:48 - Oct 16 with 2162 viewsstevec

The actual Fulham thread on 14:39 - Oct 16 by Wegerles_Stairs

Warburton cost us that game with his crap selection and even worse second substitution. Moses was abysmal; should have brought him off for Albert at 1-1. Warburton has his favourites and they're not very good. Why isn't Amos playing ffs? Pitiful performance and we're going nowhere. People are deluding themselves if they think we are. Brentford-Chelsea in the Premier League later and we're being bummed in the gob by a very average Fulham side. I want my tube fare reimbursed.

Moses is a problem. Whatever we thought of Kane he did give us some momentum going forward, Moses is not doing that, mostly turning back in and easily dispossessed. We were playing the wing back system far better last season.
The actual Fulham thread on 14:48 - Oct 16 with 2158 viewsWegerles_Stairs

The actual Fulham thread on 14:17 - Oct 16 by BrianMcCarthy

Another surprising stat:

Possession lost - Fulham 106 Rangers 110.
Much closer than I thought.

I think the main differences today is they created and finished three good chances, we created two and scored one (Willock's drive against the post the other I can think of).

We haven't created enough today, and that's mostly down to the oppo being good.

Most of our possession was pointless passing round our six-yard box.
The actual Fulham thread on 14:48 - Oct 16 with 2157 viewsstainrods_elbow

To be honest, they barely had to get out of third gear to win comfortably, and when it counted, we had no answer to their 'super Serbian'. 4-1 possibly flattered them a little, but not too much. We got out of the blocks for about 15 mins, scored a lovely team goal, but that was about it. Of course, they have expensive quality, but for me both the team and the coaching staff need to look at themselves after our latest in a wearyingly interminable line of Craven Cottage debacles. I also didn't like all Johansen's love-ins in the tunnel before the game, and even on the pitch at times, which set the wrong tone for an under-committed first half, which reinforces my feeling of the lack of Roy Keane steeliness in this team.

Minuses

Chair - little to no influence, too deep, really disappointing
De Wijs - I concurred with putting him in over Dunne to go toe-to-toe with Mitrovic, but he was bested from start to finish today and looked a beaten man by the end
Charlie - blowing after 50 mins after doing next to nothing, a worrying non-performance again
Moses - works hard, but a yellow card a game, get positionally exposed, and can never seem to put in a telling cross
McCallum - off his game after a lay-off, long way to go ​
Ball - poor, carded, hooked
Gray - if he's the answer, Warburton's asking the wrong question. Appalling!

Positives
Dykes - excellent goal, full of bustling energy, an easy pick
Travelling support - in good voice again, deserved a 90 minute performance, and got a 20 minute one at best.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

The actual Fulham thread on 14:48 - Oct 16 with 2155 viewsHoopsarrr

Time to change the formation, or at least hire a defensive coach. Didn’t Clint Hill say on a podcast that when he was at Rangers with Warbs that they never ran defensive drills
The actual Fulham thread on 14:55 - Oct 16 with 2065 viewsstainrods_elbow

The actual Fulham thread on 14:46 - Oct 16 by Myke

Mistake to play Chair today. Completely anonymous . Warburton needs to be consistent when it comes to players coming back from international duty. You don't leave out Dykes and play Chair. Amos' energy in the middle of the park would have been more beneficial first half. Ball poor and Johansen overworked (still motm though)
Austin looks overweight and unfit. Apart from one turn - which then resulted in a ridiculous shot over the bar - contributed nothing. A close-up of him making a run down the right touchline before hoofing the ball high and wide, after which he looked absolutely knackered says it all. As for Gray... nuff said. That we have only one potent striker at this stage is worrying.

Also, unless McCallum was actually injured, it was also a mistake by Warburton to remove him. Upset our balance down the left and led directly to their third (killer) goal, as Dunne came too narrow, a mistake Barbet would not have made in that position. You can look at all the data you like, but sometimes you need to use your common sense.

Apart from ten-minutes after half time and a brief spell mid-way through the first half, easily our poorest performance of the season, for which I feel Warburton must shoulder some of the blame.
I hand over the thread baton to the next brave soul
[Post edited 16 Oct 2021 14:56]

Agree with just about all of this, apart from the overly generous claim on behalf of Jojo for MOTM, who for me mainly showed why he's in our team and not Fulham's (though it's all relative, I guess).

For me, we have some lovely resources, but are a striker, a central midfielder, and one or two full backs short, squad-wise. 6th would be an achievement, but I fear we'll end up closer to 9th or 10th.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

The actual Fulham thread on 14:55 - Oct 16 with 2066 viewsAntti_Heinola

The actual Fulham thread on 14:39 - Oct 16 by Wegerles_Stairs

I’m most interested in how bumming in the gob works. The verb to bum suggests anal sex, with the penis penetrating the anus. So applying it to the mouth seems tricky. It wouldnt be wrong, but is your metaphor that Fulham placed their entire bum into our collective mouth and sort of used their bum as a blunt, extremely wide penis, perhaps guffing down our throat? Or just that we were rogered in the mouth with the force of some extremely vigorous back door loving?

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024