Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The actual Fulham thread 14:30 - Oct 15 with 33520 viewsMyke

So going for three in a row here, but I suspect my biggest challenge yet. I'm going for a thrill -a-minute 2-2 draw, with us being ahead, behind and finally a last-minute equaliser from Willock. Probably be 0-0 so! Austin also to score.
The actual Fulham thread on 14:55 - Oct 16 with 2691 viewsWegerles_Stairs

The actual Fulham thread on 14:48 - Oct 16 by Hoopsarrr

Time to change the formation, or at least hire a defensive coach. Didn’t Clint Hill say on a podcast that when he was at Rangers with Warbs that they never ran defensive drills

Stefan is suspended now, isn't he? Think he needs to shake things up and stop playing favourites. I'd like Amos to start on Tuesday but reckon it'll be Dozzell and Ball.
The actual Fulham thread on 14:57 - Oct 16 with 2682 viewsPaddyhoops

We're dreadful at the back. Simple as that.
We must be near enough the worst in the leauge now.
Can't keep conceding this amount of goals and hope for a play off place.
I would settle for a progress on our 10th last year but keep defending like that and we're screwed!.
The actual Fulham thread on 15:02 - Oct 16 with 2614 viewsGreenbay

The actual Fulham thread on 14:57 - Oct 16 by Paddyhoops

We're dreadful at the back. Simple as that.
We must be near enough the worst in the leauge now.
Can't keep conceding this amount of goals and hope for a play off place.
I would settle for a progress on our 10th last year but keep defending like that and we're screwed!.

Ninth last year Paddy.
I know it's only one up but every place counts!
Agreed about our defence - going backwards - after big improvement after second half of last season.
But when Warburton arrived we had finished 19th the season before.
1st year under Warbs 13th, 2nd year 9th.
Next May 6th - and that's what will happen - we hope!
The actual Fulham thread on 15:04 - Oct 16 with 2579 viewsBoston

On the bright side, I was unable to listen today.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The actual Fulham thread on 15:14 - Oct 16 with 2472 viewsMyke

The actual Fulham thread on 14:55 - Oct 16 by stainrods_elbow

Agree with just about all of this, apart from the overly generous claim on behalf of Jojo for MOTM, who for me mainly showed why he's in our team and not Fulham's (though it's all relative, I guess).

For me, we have some lovely resources, but are a striker, a central midfielder, and one or two full backs short, squad-wise. 6th would be an achievement, but I fear we'll end up closer to 9th or 10th.

Well, when I say motm, I mean the best QPR player, not overall. I felt first half he was overworked by Ball's ineptitude (not helped by a very early yellow, entirely of his own making) and Chair's anonymity. After a difficult first 20 minutes, I felt he helped stem the tide and ease us back into the game.
Second half, with Ball being removed and going two up front, I felt he might be even more exposed. ( I would have removed either Austin or Chair with Ball and put on Dykes and Amos), but credit to him he kept it nice and tight in front of the back three, won some nice possession and knitted things together between our penalty area and the half-way line. Nothing complicated, just nice give and go's, recycling the ball, retaining possession, in our best period and even after their second goal. Once the third went in, however, the game was gone.
The actual Fulham thread on 15:14 - Oct 16 with 2469 viewscolinallcars

The curse of sky again. And more to come in the coming weeks.
There can't be another field of human involvement where people buy tickets for an event, make arrangements for travel etc, and find the date and or time has been changed.
When are people going to stop subscribing to sky ? They have ruined football.
The actual Fulham thread on 15:18 - Oct 16 with 2453 viewsdavman

I don't get the negatives for Chair on this thread today; I thought he was one of our better players. As for "being too deep", he had to as he was pulled back into CM alongside Johansson once ball went off.

The anonymous one today was Andre Gray - isolated even with a strike partner. Still struggling to see how he fits in with this squad of players - not all his fault, but if he playing and making those runs, we have to look for them; we don't.

Should have taken Austin off for Amos, stuck him in alongside JoJo and put Willock up alongside Dykes if you really HAVE to go two up front (which I am not convinced).

McCallum looked OK, but De Wijs was (shockingly) bullied by Mitrovic all afternoon.

Not a good day.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

The actual Fulham thread on 15:19 - Oct 16 with 2429 viewsBazzeR

Our 2 in M/F completely overrun from the start to the finish.the game seemed a free hit today like the bad Rednapp days.
Login to get fewer ads

The actual Fulham thread on 15:28 - Oct 16 with 2322 viewsManinBlack

Thankfully I am away at present so missed this latest away live Sky treat where we don't do ourselves justice.

Having now lost all three promotion six pointers, admittedly all away, it is clear we are well short of auto promotion quality, no thanks to the huge parachute payments that allows clubs like Fulham to hold onto Mitrovic to get the 20 plus goals to send them back up.

Looking at the comments of those who did watch I still don't get why we don't seem to be up for these games. We just seem to get pasted by Fulham and Brentford when we visit where they perform like it really does matter to them. Even if they had better teams we should be able to disrupt the way they play.

I think we need to be like Brentford and get a bit stronger each season until we can compete for auto promotion. They have made a great start in the Premier league and contrast their 3-3 with Liverpool to Watford losing 5-0 which is the sort of scoreline we will suffer with this current team the way our defence leaks.

I will settle for 7th this season to be honest but if we lose players end of season we need to bring in better as Brentford have done repeatedly. At present we have a relegation standard defence but luckily a forward line that has seen us score in every match this season.
The actual Fulham thread on 15:38 - Oct 16 with 2237 viewssuperhoopdownunder

The actual Fulham thread on 14:42 - Oct 16 by Wegerles_Stairs

One of the worst performances I have ever seen. Can't defend and cuts inside every frigging time. How he stayed on for 90 minutes is beyond me.

He is pony
The actual Fulham thread on 15:41 - Oct 16 with 2206 viewssteveo04

Just wondering your thoughts, you think we been found out with a wing backs , teams do play a lot of diagonal passes behind us . I know we been brilliant with the wing backs but I feel maybe a change to 433 or 4511 go a bit solid. I noticed we get swarmed in the midfield to . Interesting to know your thoughts
The actual Fulham thread on 16:24 - Oct 16 with 1985 viewsitsbiga

My 50th today.
Just woke up to the result.
Hope the day gets better from here!

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

The actual Fulham thread on 16:25 - Oct 16 with 1978 viewsdavman

The actual Fulham thread on 15:41 - Oct 16 by steveo04

Just wondering your thoughts, you think we been found out with a wing backs , teams do play a lot of diagonal passes behind us . I know we been brilliant with the wing backs but I feel maybe a change to 433 or 4511 go a bit solid. I noticed we get swarmed in the midfield to . Interesting to know your thoughts

We have lost 4 games all season, three of them away from home to the division's best teams and one at home where we spanked Bristol City for 70 minutes.

That is not a sign that a formation change is needed.

This formation puts an incredible demand on the Wing Backs and the Central Midfield. I love him, but the change we may need is to give Dom Ball a rest. Amos and Dozell on Tuesday?

... and personally I'd start Adomah ahead of Odubajo...
[Post edited 16 Oct 2021 16:29]

Can we go out yet?

The actual Fulham thread on 16:28 - Oct 16 with 1961 viewsBazzeR

The goals against column suggests a formation change is needed.
The actual Fulham thread on 16:31 - Oct 16 with 1936 viewsdavman

The actual Fulham thread on 16:28 - Oct 16 by BazzeR

The goals against column suggests a formation change is needed.

Yes, if you want to sacrifice the goals for. Personally, I'll take the rough with the smooth; most of the time the team is just so watchable.

Can we go out yet?

The actual Fulham thread on 16:59 - Oct 16 with 1821 viewsBenny_the_Ball

The actual Fulham thread on 16:24 - Oct 16 by itsbiga

My 50th today.
Just woke up to the result.
Hope the day gets better from here!

Happy Birthday and Condolences.
The actual Fulham thread on 17:01 - Oct 16 with 1814 viewsBenny_the_Ball

The actual Fulham thread on 16:31 - Oct 16 by davman

Yes, if you want to sacrifice the goals for. Personally, I'll take the rough with the smooth; most of the time the team is just so watchable.

Not for me. Give me the balance that we had in the second half of last season any day of the week. We were watchable, consistent and successful.
The actual Fulham thread on 17:03 - Oct 16 with 1800 viewsBenny_the_Ball

The actual Fulham thread on 14:32 - Oct 16 by Beckenhamhoop

There were huge gaping holes in our midfield but Johansen isn’t responsible for the formation. He was poor on the ball, didn’t offer himself enough, too negative. He’s capable of so much more.

I agree that Johansen had an off day but no matter how talented the player, a midfielder can't run a midfield alone. It's a team game and he needs support.
The actual Fulham thread on 17:06 - Oct 16 with 1782 viewsBenny_the_Ball

The actual Fulham thread on 14:23 - Oct 16 by CLAREMAN1995

A few of us had questions when he joined on loan but he proved to be incredible .
Once he signed on permanently we assumed he would kick it up and be fully fit and ready to attack the season.
Its just not happening but whether its desire or physical limitations who knows only Charlie himself

Charlie has been extremely poor this season but seems to get a bye from some supporters because of his legacy. He needs to get fit, firing and motivated asap because Gray is not the answer.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2021 17:07]
The actual Fulham thread on 17:12 - Oct 16 with 1748 viewsBenny_the_Ball

The actual Fulham thread on 14:11 - Oct 16 by traininvain

I doubt Austin will be starting many games when Dykes is fit/fresh enough to start. Austin’s in competition with Gray for 2nd/3rd choice striker and he’s a decent enough option.

Austin gets paid far too handsomely to now consider himself a 2nd/3rd choice striker. He insisted that the club show ambition in order to win his signature. They did that so it's time for him to repay their ambition, get fit and contribute.
The actual Fulham thread on 17:15 - Oct 16 with 1724 viewsBenny_the_Ball

The actual Fulham thread on 13:50 - Oct 16 by GaryT

Right foot, left foot. That Dykes bloke is turning into a useful little goal scorer.

The one bright spot in an otherwise forgettable match.
The actual Fulham thread on 17:23 - Oct 16 with 1685 viewstraininvain

The actual Fulham thread on 17:12 - Oct 16 by Benny_the_Ball

Austin gets paid far too handsomely to now consider himself a 2nd/3rd choice striker. He insisted that the club show ambition in order to win his signature. They did that so it's time for him to repay their ambition, get fit and contribute.

How much is Charlie paid then? And who would you start between him and Dykes if both fully fit?

Edit. I think the elephant in the room here is that Austin’s 32 years old and not the player he once was. That’s not to say that he can’t contribute as demonstrated vs Everton a few weeks ago. But personally I wouldn’t have him starting ahead of Dykes if both fit (obviously tricky today as Dykes played a lot for Scotland).
[Post edited 16 Oct 2021 17:28]
The actual Fulham thread on 17:28 - Oct 16 with 1651 viewsBenny_the_Ball

The actual Fulham thread on 14:12 - Oct 16 by Toast_R

Odubajo -I'm not a fan. I don't think hes very good defensively and I'd have Adomah over him going forward all day long.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2021 14:13]

Neither am I. He's athletic but is let down by a poor footballing brain. He provides little protection defensively and is prone to diving in. Going forward he offers little threat and little-to-no end product. He rarely gets to the bye-line, rarely overlaps and often ignores the simple option in favour of something more extravagant which he can't pull off. Chair, in particular, was fuming after making several runs across the Fulham defence only for Moses to ignore the simple pass into the channel in favour of cutting inside for the 138th time. I hope he proves me wrong but frankly I think he's a liability.
The actual Fulham thread on 17:35 - Oct 16 with 1624 viewsNortholt_Rs

The actual Fulham thread on 17:28 - Oct 16 by Benny_the_Ball

Neither am I. He's athletic but is let down by a poor footballing brain. He provides little protection defensively and is prone to diving in. Going forward he offers little threat and little-to-no end product. He rarely gets to the bye-line, rarely overlaps and often ignores the simple option in favour of something more extravagant which he can't pull off. Chair, in particular, was fuming after making several runs across the Fulham defence only for Moses to ignore the simple pass into the channel in favour of cutting inside for the 138th time. I hope he proves me wrong but frankly I think he's a liability.

Which is why he was on a free…..

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

The actual Fulham thread on 17:38 - Oct 16 with 1606 viewsBenny_the_Ball

The actual Fulham thread on 17:23 - Oct 16 by traininvain

How much is Charlie paid then? And who would you start between him and Dykes if both fully fit?

Edit. I think the elephant in the room here is that Austin’s 32 years old and not the player he once was. That’s not to say that he can’t contribute as demonstrated vs Everton a few weeks ago. But personally I wouldn’t have him starting ahead of Dykes if both fit (obviously tricky today as Dykes played a lot for Scotland).
[Post edited 16 Oct 2021 17:28]

With all due respect, don't be a fool just for the sake of it. You know full well he's one of the top earners at the club.

I'm not expecting the Charlie Austin of 6 years ago but the Everton match showed that he can perform when he can be arsed. We need to see more of that on a consistent basis. Moreover, it's late October and he's still overweight and unfit. Today he was blowing out of his backside after 60 minutes. Sorry but that's just not good enough at this level.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2021 17:44]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024