Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mp stabbed to death 17:13 - Oct 15 with 5634 viewsStanisgod

David Amess, MP for Southend West stabbed to death doing a surgery.
What is going on, I met the guy back in day when he was Basildon MP at one of his surgeries,
RIP.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Mp stabbed to death on 17:16 - Oct 15 with 5592 viewslondonscottish

Shocking, poor fella just doing his job. Awful

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Mp stabbed to death on 17:38 - Oct 15 with 5510 viewsHayesender

This is what happens when you dehumanise people based on their political beliefs.

RIP sir. You seemed like a decent man

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Mp stabbed to death on 17:41 - Oct 15 with 5507 viewsstowmarketrange

Without knowing his motives for killing the MP,it seems less people are able to see any value in other people’s opinions any more.
Condolences to his family and friends,and RIP to him.
Mp stabbed to death on 18:15 - Oct 15 with 5398 viewsnumptydumpty

Shocking and dreadful

No matter what people believe or not believe about politicians, we live in a generally civilised country

A crime of hate no doubt but a dreadful loss of a family man, trying to do his everyday job.

A very sad event indeed

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Mp stabbed to death on 18:57 - Oct 15 with 5278 viewsPaddyhoops

Pretty shocking and regardless of his political persuasion, I believe he was a thoroughly decent man who campaigned on some very worthwhile causes.
RIP.
Mp stabbed to death on 19:41 - Oct 15 with 5157 viewsNed_Kennedys

What tragic news. Nearly 40 years serving his community and obviously well loved and respected. RIP Sir.
Mp stabbed to death on 19:51 - Oct 15 with 5134 viewskensalriser

So messed up. We need MPs to be accessible,they shouldn’t have to fear for their lives while going about their jobs.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Mp stabbed to death on 19:55 - Oct 15 with 5123 viewsSouthend_Rss

Ive met Sir David a few times whilst out and about delivering as a postie in Leigh and the local area. Although we didn’t always agree on some issues politically. He always listened and serving the people of Southend was his passion. He is a big loss to Southend. Condolences to his family and RIP to a proper MP.
Login to get fewer ads

Mp stabbed to death on 20:27 - Oct 15 with 5017 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Bless him. What a terrible tragedy, and what a terrible thing to happen in a civilised and decent democracy. Twice now.

Keep the faith, people. Britain is strong and good and will survive.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Mp stabbed to death on 21:20 - Oct 15 with 4876 viewsKonk

Unbelievably shocking news.So tragic. Motives unknown at the moment, but heartbreaking that someone who dedicated their life to public service should be murdered, let alone whilst hosting a surgery to help their constituents. Tempers run high where politics are concerned, but no elected politician should have to face threats to their safety, violence or the possibility of losing their life. RIP.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Mp stabbed to death on 21:31 - Oct 15 with 4845 viewsnix

Mp stabbed to death on 21:20 - Oct 15 by Konk

Unbelievably shocking news.So tragic. Motives unknown at the moment, but heartbreaking that someone who dedicated their life to public service should be murdered, let alone whilst hosting a surgery to help their constituents. Tempers run high where politics are concerned, but no elected politician should have to face threats to their safety, violence or the possibility of losing their life. RIP.

It's just inconceivable that it should happen once let alone twice in a relatively short space of time.

As you say this person was just going about his job and had dedicated his life to helping others.

I do have a sense that people are so angry about so much.

An awful, awful thing for his friends, family and all of us.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2021 21:32]
Mp stabbed to death on 02:24 - Oct 16 with 4584 viewslightwaterhoop

Dreadful news.Democracy is under threat in the UK i'm afraid to say.

RIP David Amess MP.
Mp stabbed to death on 08:11 - Oct 16 with 4351 viewsClive_Anderson

The police are treating it as a terrorist incident now.

When my brother moved there 15 years ago it was one of the least enriched places in the SE. Now the MP has been stabbed to death by a Somalian.

We were never asked if we wanted any of this.
Mp stabbed to death on 09:39 - Oct 16 with 4205 viewsDiscodroids

I won't go into what capacity i had dealings with Sir David Amiss as his constituent, but on the several occasions i met him, i found him to be a kind, genuine, honest soul, if not a little quirky and eccentric . A man of faith also.  A 'character' as my old man would say.

David was born an eastender,  born with a plastic spoon in his mouth rather than a silver one. He lived to work for his constituents and whether it be old Flo's blocked drain in Grange Road or matters of higher governance pertaining to his southend constituents, he would hurl himself into the matter at hand with the drive of a newly elected MP, freshly plucked from the pot . Full of passion to make a difference in public service.

He was never worn down to a husk by the weight of the world, it's  insults , it's scorn, it's indifference .

Regardless of who he was in public life, today a husband, father and grandfather will not be coming through the front door, I cannot begin to imagine how that feels for his family. It makes me deeply ashamed of what this country has become, moreover,  what it has been allowed to become.

The only consolation I can possibly see for David Amess's  loved ones in all of this is that he at least had a reasonable span of years and that he used them productively doing those things that he felt were right and good.  Knowing of Davids devout faith and religion, it haunts me to know that he was violently murdered by a godless beast, in a church of all places, the ultimate agony.

I'll avoid the  charade of the prime minister and leader of the opposition laying wreaths this morning  in Leigh on Sea  in front of TV cameras , all staged straight from the  Dr Joseph Goebbels public enlightenment  division handbook.

Instead i'll walk the ten minutes to his last place with my wife this afternoon to say a prayer for him and his family, and  then a toast to his life in one of his favourite watering holes, The crooked Billet.

Rest in Peace David, and settle in by the light of your new sun.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2021 10:03]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Mp stabbed to death on 10:58 - Oct 16 with 4051 viewsMedwayR

RIP & all that but why are there calls for MPs to be given more protection. Unfortunately we now live in a world where people get stabbed all the time. How about, instead of treating MPs like a superior breed who need to be treated differently and given extra protection, we instead spend that money trying to prevent knife crime in the first place to benefit everyone.

Poll: Who’s better?

Mp stabbed to death on 11:09 - Oct 16 with 4005 viewsSonofpugwash

Superb that Disco, a fine and fitting eulogy.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Mp stabbed to death on 00:40 - Oct 18 with 3495 viewsBenny_the_Ball

A sad indictment on politics in general that the only time politicians of different persuasions come together is when an MP is senselessly murdered. RIP David.
Mp stabbed to death on 10:19 - Oct 18 with 3284 viewsderbyhoop

Seems to have been widely respected by constituents and MPs on both sides of the house.
A real tragedy.
What a nasty society we seem to have become. Fortunately these events are still rare.

RIP and condolences to his family and friends

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Mp stabbed to death on 17:43 - Oct 18 with 3082 viewsPaddyhoops

Listening to parliament paying tribute to the late David Amess on Radio 5 live.
Some touching tributes from all sides of the house.
Didn't agree with much of his politics as with a lot of those paying tribute but nice to see this great institution united in their views on what a thoroughly decent skin he was.
Democracy the winner today.
Mp stabbed to death on 23:10 - Oct 18 with 2917 viewslightwaterhoop

Mp stabbed to death on 17:43 - Oct 18 by Paddyhoops

Listening to parliament paying tribute to the late David Amess on Radio 5 live.
Some touching tributes from all sides of the house.
Didn't agree with much of his politics as with a lot of those paying tribute but nice to see this great institution united in their views on what a thoroughly decent skin he was.
Democracy the winner today.

Lets hope so.
Mp stabbed to death on 07:59 - Oct 19 with 2787 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I thought it was a lovely touch to make Southend a City after he'd been trying for so long.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2021 7:59]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Mp stabbed to death on 12:10 - Oct 20 with 2609 viewsDiscodroids

Mp stabbed to death on 11:09 - Oct 16 by Sonofpugwash

Superb that Disco, a fine and fitting eulogy.

Thank you mate, Nice of you to say so, and to all the really lovely dm's i received as well, A big thank you.

You're good people.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024