Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer 18:12 - Oct 16 with 5788 viewsWestbourneR

Both Ste Jo and Chaz are just way way below the level they were playing at when on loan for us last year. It’s weird. Charlie in particular looks shot.

Wijs had a horrible game today.

And Field is of course badly injured.

4 key signings we really need to work out.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer on 14:18 - Oct 17 with 1138 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer on 13:34 - Oct 17 by CamberleyR

"Usually we have two centre-mid options on the bench, but today we were limited to one, that was Amos"

Duke-McKenna was on the bench and he's a central midfielder isn't he?
[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 13:38]

Is he, Camberley?

I know he came on there against Everton but I thought he was originally a wide player? I meant to ask this before but forgot.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer on 14:26 - Oct 17 with 1105 viewsBklynRanger

Duke McK seemed to be playing in a sort of attacking midfielder role against Everton, breaking play up and making sure they couldn't settle to get an attack together. Would have been ideal yesterday in that second half I think, though at the same time he could've come on and we'd be saying it wasn't right to chuck him in there.

I'd have liked to see him or Amos on beside or in front of Stef personally, as said above and apparently in the match fred. I was very surprised to see Charlie still on when I saw that Lyndon was on. That almost seems like a training tactic for the defence - 'let's see how you do with even less cover, lads'. I know Ilias was deeper but that doesn't play to his strengths at all imho.

I still don't think we should be trying to play 2 up top against that sort of opposition - it relies too heavily on us getting ahead and them folding.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 14:27]
Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer on 16:15 - Oct 17 with 1032 viewsLazyFan

It should have been Dykes for Austin and Amos for Ball.
Even better would have been to play them from the start.

Well now that JoJo misses a game, Amos will start with Ball I would presume and Austin will be on the bench. So, we shall see how good we are without JoJo. Field may also be on the bench as well.

I expect us to have a reaction and win the next game.

zzzzzzzzzz

Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer on 18:34 - Oct 17 with 935 viewsNorthantsHoop

Thought 4 -1 was harsh, but heads went after Mitrovic's 2nd goal, seemed to knock the stuffing out of us. On the loans as permanent, thought Johnson was fine in midfield, needed someone alongside him, Ball fine from the bench. De wijs was ok and has been a good signing and Austin has been fine as well but yesterday just not his game. More concerned about Andre Gray he looks to me a player that does not want to be at QPR and he looks unfit. But lets face it Fulham are still operating at Premier level and expected to challenge for automatic promotion and Mitrovic is a class act at this level.
Our improvement and challenge for a top 6 finish depends on despatching the likes of Blackburn, Peterborough and Notts Forest type teams.
Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer on 18:38 - Oct 17 with 917 viewsVancouverHoop

Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer on 11:58 - Oct 17 by dmm

I think the criticism is more than just whining about being beaten. Warburton himself said we were soft, and he's right. Fulham were always going to be favourites given the quality of their squad, even with the defeats they've succumbed to recently. However, we could and should have been much better all over the pitch.

That was our worst showing of the season, I agree.

Having said that we've already played, and lost, to four teams who have legitimate hopes of automatic promotion. We, OTOH, merely have similar hopes of making the playoffs. It's to our advantage to have met each of them this early in the season. We matched three of them close and will, I hope, do better in the return fixtures. I've tentative plans to be at the home match with Fulham so that should make all the difference!
Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer on 19:06 - Oct 17 with 888 viewskensalriser

I can think of three teams with legitimate hopes for auto promotion we've lost to (current top three), but struggling to think of a fourth.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer on 19:17 - Oct 17 with 874 viewsVancouverHoop

You're quite right. Three, not four. Arithmetic has never been my strong point.
Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer on 20:50 - Oct 17 with 799 viewsderbyhoop

It's worth keeping a perspective. The sides that finished 4-6th, in the 2020/21 season, lost 12, 14 and 13 games.

So we have lost 4 games so far. 3 away where we've lost to, what is almost universally agreed, the 3 best teams in the League.

We're not perfect and we are operating on a budget that most other clubs would scoff at. I think we have a good balance, but on days when we don't play well, like yesterday, we can come unstuck. Let's hope they learn the lessons and turn in performances like Hull (A) or 2nd half of Coventry (H).

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024