Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tenpin Bowling Weber Cup 23:08 - Oct 16 with 1292 viewsdavman

Get it on Sky now. Incredible sport. The Ryder Cup of tenpin. Europe 5-3 up after Day One, then 7-9 down at the end of yesterday. Afternoon session today left US 14-11 up with a winning total of 18.

Tonight's session has been amazing and it now sits at 17-17.

The final game involves all 5 bowlers from both teams. Epic sport.

Love it.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Tenpin Bowling Weber Cup on 07:54 - Oct 17 with 1195 viewsstowmarketrange

I did watch a bit on Friday and an American was 1 pin short of a perfect 300 game.I was a bit disappointed that they didn’t need the bumpers up though,and no sign of the kids ramp anywhere.
Tenpin Bowling Weber Cup on 08:03 - Oct 17 with 1194 viewsdavman

Tenpin Bowling Weber Cup on 07:54 - Oct 17 by stowmarketrange

I did watch a bit on Friday and an American was 1 pin short of a perfect 300 game.I was a bit disappointed that they didn’t need the bumpers up though,and no sign of the kids ramp anywhere.

Europe won on the final bowl. The same as the final putt winning by one point on the last day of the Ryder Cup.

Absolutely top drawer entertainment and enthralling.

They "only" need 10 strikes for a perfect game because scoring in the pro game has changed over what us mere mortals play. We need 12 for our perfect game - how fair is that?

Can we go out yet?

Tenpin Bowling Weber Cup on 09:58 - Oct 17 with 1138 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I was on a little road trip a few weeks ago. The week of the West Brom match. One of the pubs that I went in had a long games room at the back with a 9-pin bowling alley. Another pub in the same town you could hear them playing it in a room upstairs. Seemed very popular in the area (Cotswolds near Bath).

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Tenpin Bowling Weber Cup on 17:29 - Oct 17 with 1068 viewsdavman

Tenpin Bowling Weber Cup on 09:58 - Oct 17 by CliveWilsonSaid

I was on a little road trip a few weeks ago. The week of the West Brom match. One of the pubs that I went in had a long games room at the back with a 9-pin bowling alley. Another pub in the same town you could hear them playing it in a room upstairs. Seemed very popular in the area (Cotswolds near Bath).

9 pin (or "Skittles") very popular in the West Country. Great pub game and great evening out.

Can we go out yet?

Tenpin Bowling Weber Cup on 19:12 - Oct 17 with 1033 viewsstowmarketrange

Tenpin Bowling Weber Cup on 17:29 - Oct 17 by davman

9 pin (or "Skittles") very popular in the West Country. Great pub game and great evening out.

Lots of pubs in Weymouth and Dorchester had skittle alleys in the 80’s,but I don’t know how many have survived.And it was proper launch yourself down the alley skittles.
Tenpin Bowling Weber Cup on 21:26 - Oct 17 with 992 viewsdavman

Tenpin Bowling Weber Cup on 19:12 - Oct 17 by stowmarketrange

Lots of pubs in Weymouth and Dorchester had skittle alleys in the 80’s,but I don’t know how many have survived.And it was proper launch yourself down the alley skittles.

The worst thing about those lanes is that you need someone to reset the pins. Not unknown for someone random to be bought beer / cider for the night as a putterupper.

Great job for the right / wrong person!
[Post edited 18 Oct 2021 7:11]

Can we go out yet?

Tenpin Bowling Weber Cup on 22:54 - Oct 17 with 948 viewsBoston

North Eastern US and Eastern Canada. I prefer it to ten pin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candlepin_bowling

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Tenpin Bowling Weber Cup on 13:53 - Oct 19 with 790 viewsfrancisbowles

Tenpin Bowling Weber Cup on 08:03 - Oct 17 by davman

Europe won on the final bowl. The same as the final putt winning by one point on the last day of the Ryder Cup.

Absolutely top drawer entertainment and enthralling.

They "only" need 10 strikes for a perfect game because scoring in the pro game has changed over what us mere mortals play. We need 12 for our perfect game - how fair is that?

Does that mean that 280 is the max score?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024