Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO - PunteR 11:24 - Oct 17 with 2111 viewsmikeygunn

My ex Hooj bro was telling me about a new release, memories of the future. Orchestral versions of some of the greats. You might already be familiar with it but it’s there if you want to check it out. It includes Solarstone Seven Cities. Sampler of it on YouTube but not sure how to link. I’ll try it!
FAO - PunteR on 12:01 - Oct 17 with 2075 viewsPunteR

Hey Mikey..
Yes I've seen and heard these. Great to see the label involved in new ventures.
Do you know if its still Red Jerry behind this or is it similar to Stress records latest reincarnation where its different people behind it all.?
Hooj Choons had a phenomenal amount of tunes and artists for an independent label. Not really sure what happened but I know they went bust, possibly because of the digital era .?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

FAO - PunteR on 12:21 - Oct 17 with 2056 viewsDiscodroids

I'd Put Hooj Choons in my top 5 labels of all time along with Platipus, Whoop!, Hook Recordings and Perfecto Fluoro.

For me Hooj were at the top of the mountain around 1996--2002, the golden era of progressive house, epic trance & Euro Trance.

Hooj choons's ace in the hole was identifying and then licensing Tracks from smaller labels aound the UK and europe . The classic examples being 'Energy 52 'Cafe del mar' and Greece 2000 '3 drives on vinyl', and then introducing people like Parks and wilson (Tilt), Solar Stone, naline and kane, lost tribe, Man with no name, salt tank, Quivver and Oliver Lieb (LSG) etc etc To remix those tracks, taking them to next level.

Thanks for posting, i'll have a listen today.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 12:26]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

FAO - PunteR on 12:35 - Oct 17 with 2018 viewsmikeygunn

He was involved but only in the compilation stage rather than the mixing. Hooj stopped as they just stopped making money, it was my bro’s full time job but at the end he was essentially working for free because he loved the job.
FAO - PunteR on 13:03 - Oct 17 with 1992 viewsPunteR

FAO - PunteR on 12:35 - Oct 17 by mikeygunn

He was involved but only in the compilation stage rather than the mixing. Hooj stopped as they just stopped making money, it was my bro’s full time job but at the end he was essentially working for free because he loved the job.

That's good to know he was involved. I never knew him personally but heard from a few people that he was one of the good ones.. Lives in Ireland now I believe.
Out of all my records I've probably got more Hooj stuff than any other label . Guerilla,Stress, Limbo, a very close 2nd. Fluid was another, as was Jackpot. Plus those Discodroid mentions. A fantastic era

FAO - PunteR on 13:49 - Oct 17 with 1951 viewsQPsyR

FAO - PunteR on 13:03 - Oct 17 by PunteR

That's good to know he was involved. I never knew him personally but heard from a few people that he was one of the good ones.. Lives in Ireland now I believe.
Out of all my records I've probably got more Hooj stuff than any other label . Guerilla,Stress, Limbo, a very close 2nd. Fluid was another, as was Jackpot. Plus those Discodroid mentions. A fantastic era

gonna send u a pm
Currently listening to Hildegarde by Dusky
1983 meets 2021 love ❤️ it
[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 13:58]

FKA AcidPixie

FAO - PunteR on 12:14 - Oct 20 with 1788 viewsDiscodroids

Forever Hooj. Forever Prog.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

FAO - PunteR on 21:17 - Oct 20 with 1702 viewsPunteR

FAO - PunteR on 12:14 - Oct 20 by Discodroids

Forever Hooj. Forever Prog.

An absolute peach of a tune.
I had this blaring out of my Makita bluetooth site radio today. Even caught the painter and decorator bopping around while painting the sash windows in the next room ..:)
Occasional provider of half decent House.. ;)

FAO - PunteR on 21:28 - Oct 20 with 1690 viewsDiscodroids

FAO - PunteR on 21:17 - Oct 20 by PunteR

An absolute peach of a tune.
I had this blaring out of my Makita bluetooth site radio today. Even caught the painter and decorator bopping around while painting the sash windows in the next room ..:)
Occasional provider of half decent House.. ;)

Knew you would love it jody!.

IMO the best remix of all time on hooj. Parks and wilson.

5minutes 40 seconds in ... Touched by none. British prog at its best.

Login to get fewer ads

FAO - PunteR on 21:44 - Oct 20 with 1673 viewsPunteR

FAO - PunteR on 21:28 - Oct 20 by Discodroids

Knew you would love it jody!.

IMO the best remix of all time on hooj. Parks and wilson.

5minutes 40 seconds in ... Touched by none. British prog at its best.

Just superb.

Tilt also had John Graham aka Quivver involved on their early stuff. Legit electronic musical geniuses.

FAO - PunteR on 21:58 - Oct 20 with 1656 viewsngbqpr

This may be of interest folks…

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

FAO - PunteR on 22:01 - Oct 20 with 1645 viewsDiscodroids

FAO - PunteR on 21:58 - Oct 20 by ngbqpr

This may be of interest folks…

A kraken of a tune ngbqpr!

lifted from oakenfolds global underground new york... builds and builds... Hooj at it's best.

[Post edited 20 Oct 2021 22:02]

FAO - PunteR on 19:35 - Nov 6 with 1472 viewsPunteR

Hooj now on Bandcamp.

https://hoojchoons.bandcamp.com/music?fbclid=IwAR0DPe4j2GFARAgs8hvwRcpeWKsHhw7v1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024