Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oh how very Fulham … 17:37 - Oct 17 with 9011 viewsRs_Holy

Despite their domination over QPR I’m so glad I don’t support Fulham…
Oh how very Fulham … on 19:08 - Oct 17 with 6492 viewsstowmarketrange

I don’t know whether that’s worse than grown men having to use clappers to make an atmosphere?
Oh how very Fulham … on 20:42 - Oct 17 with 6317 viewsTacticalR

Oh how very Fulham … on 19:08 - Oct 17 by stowmarketrange

I don’t know whether that’s worse than grown men having to use clappers to make an atmosphere?

The clap.

Air hostess clique

Oh how very Fulham … on 21:48 - Oct 17 with 6166 viewseastside_r

I would say that they are in danger of becoming a parody of themselves but they have gone way beyond that.

The WTF look on Lyndon’s face is priceless.
Oh how very Fulham … on 22:20 - Oct 17 with 6048 viewsMistication92

They were advertising on the TVs, their "butternut squash, spinach and vegan feta pasty". I had a hearty laugh and took a picture.

Oh how very Fulham … on 23:19 - Oct 17 with 5860 viewsAntti_Heinola

It's unusual, but nothing wrong with it.
Seems quite nice to me.

Bare bones.

Oh how very Fulham … on 23:36 - Oct 17 with 5812 viewsBoston

Oh how very Fulham … on 23:19 - Oct 17 by Antti_Heinola

Seems quite nice to me.

Are you actually antti anything, Heinola?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Oh how very Fulham … on 23:57 - Oct 17 with 5776 viewsNorthernr

Fulham (Sheff Utd, Newcastle, Plymouth, Grimsby, Exeter) one of the v, v few grounds I go to where I think "yeh, in another life, I could see me coming here and doing this". When you endure some of the fcking horrendousness that football has left its "customers" with, like Coventry's ground, Reading's ground, Derby's ground... I mean obviously the clappers are a warcrime and a lot of their fans are come-lately melts, but is's a beautiful, original ground in a great location with a million brilliant pubs. I struggle to put into words the emotions going to a place like this stirs in me compared to the outright anger I have trying to get from the train station to the away end at Reading.
Oh how very Fulham … on 00:46 - Oct 18 with 5719 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Oh how very Fulham … on 23:57 - Oct 17 by Northernr

Fulham (Sheff Utd, Newcastle, Plymouth, Grimsby, Exeter) one of the v, v few grounds I go to where I think "yeh, in another life, I could see me coming here and doing this". When you endure some of the fcking horrendousness that football has left its "customers" with, like Coventry's ground, Reading's ground, Derby's ground... I mean obviously the clappers are a warcrime and a lot of their fans are come-lately melts, but is's a beautiful, original ground in a great location with a million brilliant pubs. I struggle to put into words the emotions going to a place like this stirs in me compared to the outright anger I have trying to get from the train station to the away end at Reading.

Yep, lunch and a pint by the river is always a nice start to derby day. It's a shame the football had to ruin it.
Login to get fewer ads

Oh how very Fulham … on 07:19 - Oct 18 with 5483 viewsRs_Holy

hmmm sort of! If QPR didn't exist I'd probably be a brentford or AFC Wombledon fan. The whole fulham experience is a bit too pleasant for me... kind of reminds me of a time I went to watch Harlequins rugby at the Stoop.
Oh how very Fulham … on 07:58 - Oct 18 with 5413 viewsSK_hoops

Yep, absolutely love their ground. Not knowing or having really met any Fulham fans ever makes me not actually mind them as a club.
Oh how very Fulham … on 07:59 - Oct 18 with 5410 viewsSK_hoops

Oh how very Fulham … on 23:19 - Oct 17 by Antti_Heinola

Seems quite nice to me.

Sorry meant to upvote that. I agree.
Oh how very Fulham … on 08:50 - Oct 18 with 5304 viewsAntti_Heinola

Oh how very Fulham … on 23:36 - Oct 17 by Boston

Are you actually antti anything, Heinola?

i mean, tons of stuff.
i can't stand about 25% of people on here for a start. Redknapp. Briatore, Sky's whitewashing of Newcastle's takeover yesterday.
But some blokes playing some music when a coach arrives at a football club. Who's got the time to be angry/annoyed/anti that?

Bare bones.

Oh how very Fulham … on 09:56 - Oct 18 with 5099 viewsgazza1

Oh how very Fulham … on 08:50 - Oct 18 by Antti_Heinola

i mean, tons of stuff.
i can't stand about 25% of people on here for a start. Redknapp. Briatore, Sky's whitewashing of Newcastle's takeover yesterday.
But some blokes playing some music when a coach arrives at a football club. Who's got the time to be angry/annoyed/anti that?

Pretty sad that Anti, you need to ask yourself why you bother!!!

I don't agree with much of what posters think but sobeit, i don't press the ignore button (childish in my opinion, like Mummy saying 'dont take any notice Johnny').

Strangely, I thought the band was really nice, funny in a way and I bet the players had a good laugh about it (sadly the smiles didnt last too long)....stupid but I did!!!

Relax, deep breaths, etc, etc......
Oh how very Fulham … on 10:16 - Oct 18 with 5048 viewsnix

Oh how very Fulham … on 08:50 - Oct 18 by Antti_Heinola

i mean, tons of stuff.

I thought it was quite funny that they played Tragedy when our players arrived.

They seemed to be amused too.

Nicer than the Cardiff fans knocking people's wing mirrors off and singing racist songs on the way to our ground.

I don't want QPR to be too naice. But when we've got a Fulham being hit in the head by a missile from one of our 'fans', a bit of slightly out of tune 70s pop seems a minor infringement.
Oh how very Fulham … on 10:27 - Oct 18 with 5003 viewsRangersw12

Always find going to Fulham a very surreal experience.

No other ground comes close and is more like a cricket crowd than anything where bar the away fans nobody really cares who wins and just there for the day out

Not my cup of tea tbh and all a bit nice and boring
Oh how very Fulham … on 10:31 - Oct 18 with 4990 viewsPhildo

I think that new stand looks very nice though
Oh how very Fulham … on 10:36 - Oct 18 with 4976 viewsstowmarketrange

Oh how very Fulham … on 10:27 - Oct 18 by Rangersw12

No other ground comes close and is more like a cricket crowd than anything where bar the away fans nobody really cares who wins and just there for the day out

We were one of the last to leave the 8 bells about 12.05 and there were loads of Fulham fans behind us walking through Bishops park.Does anyone ever get to the ground early any more?

Shame they made the 8 bells away fans only because I was supposed to meet a couple of fulham fans in there before the game.Luckily we managed to sneak 1 back in for a beer after the game,but it’s a shame she had her Fulham shirt on and wanted to talk about the football.
Oh how very Fulham … on 11:33 - Oct 18 with 4841 viewsngbqpr

Oh how very Fulham … on 22:20 - Oct 17 by Mistication92

They were advertising on the TVs, their "butternut squash, spinach and vegan feta pasty". I had a hearty laugh and took a picture.

Well as a vegan, I applaud this. At 99% of football grounds it's as if no one has ever thought vegans may actually exist, let alone attend games, or support teams other than Fulham.

It's not all hippie communes knitting their own muesli these days. Just remember - the fan behind you might be a vegan :)

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Oh how very Fulham … on 12:03 - Oct 18 with 4731 viewsNW5Hoop

Oh how very Fulham … on 22:20 - Oct 17 by Mistication92

I don't understand what's wrong with offering vegetarian food. Lots of vegetarians go to football. Should they be compelled to eat chicken balti pies if they go to games?
Oh how very Fulham … on 12:26 - Oct 18 with 4614 viewsstowmarketrange

Oh how very Fulham … on 12:03 - Oct 18 by NW5Hoop

I don't understand what's wrong with offering vegetarian food. Lots of vegetarians go to football. Should they be compelled to eat chicken balti pies if they go to games?

Stick to the steak ones as there isn’t any edible meat left in them after our catering staff cremate the bottom of the pies.
Oh how very Fulham … on 13:16 - Oct 18 with 4481 viewsKonk

No idea what the band's about, but because I'm not eighteen, I can't say I feel personally embarrassed by stuff like that, the Gin bar, or even the bizarre Michael Jackson statue that stood round by the burger vans. I'll get the hump with the club over ticket prices, having the owners son as DOF etc. but having an out-of-tune band playing outside the ground or selling vegan pasties isn't going to have me worrying about what other clubs' fans think. Same with the 'neutral' section, which should actually be called the 'mixed' section - I'm proud that our supporters - and away supporters - have been able to mix with no bother at all since it started. It was a clever way of getting around the fact that there's no segregation for turnstiles/facilities at the Putney End, anyway, so why not see if people could be trusted to watch a game in an unsegregated section. Loads of away fans have been able to watch their club when they wouldn't otherwise have been able to do so, and we've been able to sell tickets right up to kick-off because of it.

We've always had a bit of quirkiness to us - we've got a house in the corner of the ground ffs - but even though we have a fair chunk of middle-class support, most of our fans are no different to the support at Rangers or Brentford. The Rupert thing just makes me chuckle - I've been in the Crown & Sceptre, and been in the Griffin when they're at home, and the demographic in both seems exactly the same as every pub I've ever drank in for Fulham home games. If Rangers ever get a new ground in West London, I would be amazed if you don't end up with your own six-nations-gilet-jeans-tan-loafer element, and Corporate lawyers taking their kids along.

The acoustics at the Cottage are terrible - we can hardly ever hear the away fans from the Hammersmith End, even when you can see everyone's singing and vice-versa. We're not a noisy crowd - especially not for midday kick-offs - but then again, the atmosphere's not exactly been electric most of the time when I've been to your place. The two bits closest to the away section - the Riverside and the Putney are also by far the quietest and most middle-class parts of our ground. It's pretty ridiculous to say no-one's bothered by the result.

The man below with the sponge makes me smile every time someone decides to re-post it on twitter. I love the fact that a middle-aged bloke has baked a cake and taken it along to the game to share with friends/family. I know if he'd been a 'proper' football fan, he'd have been smuggling in a load of coke to do with his mates in the bogs, but what can you do.

Everyone thinks their club is special/different, but for most of us Whites, our identity is the Cottage, and even when we're shi t, I'd still take my Saturdays at the Cottage over supporting a winning team anyone else.

EDIT. Cardboard clappers, however, are fuc king awful, and our supporters have to take their share of the blame for them! No idea why people can’t just clap their hands together, rather than slapping a bit of cardboard, but people are strange!
[Post edited 18 Oct 2021 13:21]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Oh how very Fulham … on 13:38 - Oct 18 with 4378 viewsTheChef

Oh how very Fulham … on 13:16 - Oct 18 by Konk

No idea what the band's about, but because I'm not eighteen, I can't say I feel personally embarrassed by stuff like that, the Gin bar, or even the bizarre Michael Jackson statue that stood round by the burger vans. I'll get the hump with the club over ticket prices, having the owners son as DOF etc. but having an out-of-tune band playing outside the ground or selling vegan pasties isn't going to have me worrying about what other clubs' fans think. Same with the 'neutral' section, which should actually be called the 'mixed' section - I'm proud that our supporters - and away supporters - have been able to mix with no bother at all since it started. It was a clever way of getting around the fact that there's no segregation for turnstiles/facilities at the Putney End, anyway, so why not see if people could be trusted to watch a game in an unsegregated section. Loads of away fans have been able to watch their club when they wouldn't otherwise have been able to do so, and we've been able to sell tickets right up to kick-off because of it.

We've always had a bit of quirkiness to us - we've got a house in the corner of the ground ffs - but even though we have a fair chunk of middle-class support, most of our fans are no different to the support at Rangers or Brentford. The Rupert thing just makes me chuckle - I've been in the Crown & Sceptre, and been in the Griffin when they're at home, and the demographic in both seems exactly the same as every pub I've ever drank in for Fulham home games. If Rangers ever get a new ground in West London, I would be amazed if you don't end up with your own six-nations-gilet-jeans-tan-loafer element, and Corporate lawyers taking their kids along.

The acoustics at the Cottage are terrible - we can hardly ever hear the away fans from the Hammersmith End, even when you can see everyone's singing and vice-versa. We're not a noisy crowd - especially not for midday kick-offs - but then again, the atmosphere's not exactly been electric most of the time when I've been to your place. The two bits closest to the away section - the Riverside and the Putney are also by far the quietest and most middle-class parts of our ground. It's pretty ridiculous to say no-one's bothered by the result.

The man below with the sponge makes me smile every time someone decides to re-post it on twitter. I love the fact that a middle-aged bloke has baked a cake and taken it along to the game to share with friends/family. I know if he'd been a 'proper' football fan, he'd have been smuggling in a load of coke to do with his mates in the bogs, but what can you do.

Everyone thinks their club is special/different, but for most of us Whites, our identity is the Cottage, and even when we're shi t, I'd still take my Saturdays at the Cottage over supporting a winning team anyone else.

EDIT. Cardboard clappers, however, are fuc king awful, and our supporters have to take their share of the blame for them! No idea why people can’t just clap their hands together, rather than slapping a bit of cardboard, but people are strange!
[Post edited 18 Oct 2021 13:21]

Tell you what those cardboard clappers are certainly very effective in spooking QPR players! Totally puts us off our game.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Oh how very Fulham … on 13:40 - Oct 18 with 4358 viewsCLAREMAN1995

I think its actually a good idea and especially if they play music that like Nix says foretells a beating coming up .I would much rather this than somebody throwing stuff or attacking the coach.
Fair play to the QPR player who went over to greet the fans too.I suspect because of Covid there is no autographs but a picture is cool .
Oh how very Fulham … on 13:52 - Oct 18 with 4316 viewsBklynRanger

Oh how very Fulham … on 10:27 - Oct 18 by Rangersw12

I was in the Hammersmith end behind the goal and actually found them to be pretty loud - certainly more vociferous in their feelings against us than I feel about them tbh. I'm a bit of a mumbler at the best of times anyway but had plenty of background noise to be able to air various necessary moans and groans about what the fcuk we were doing/not doing. Interesting point by Konk above about the poshest sections being closer to the away support - that has to reinforce the stereotype.
Oh how very Fulham … on 14:08 - Oct 18 with 4267 viewsParkRoyalR

Oh how very Fulham … on 13:52 - Oct 18 by BklynRanger

I was in the Hammersmith end behind the goal and actually found them to be pretty loud - certainly more vociferous in their feelings against us than I feel about them tbh. I'm a bit of a mumbler at the best of times anyway but had plenty of background noise to be able to air various necessary moans and groans about what the fcuk we were doing/not doing. Interesting point by Konk above about the poshest sections being closer to the away support - that has to reinforce the stereotype.

I was in The Stevenage Road stand a block along from The Cottage, that was proper posh, and I've been to Henley a few times!

I gave it a proper 'get-in' when Dykes scored which the gilet-wearer in front clocked and then tried to imitate when they scored their 2nd, passion heh, you can't fake it.

Given their catchment in South West London and their phoenix like rise under Al Fayad, after 20+ years of neglect, always likely they would tap-in to that demographic and supplement their core fan-base. Probably why away support is small ratio-wise to decent home attendances.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024