Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Go on then - Rovers Match Thread 09:05 - Oct 19 with 28175 viewsPinnerPaul

and because I can't then be accused of cursing it or being the new messiah, I think it will be 1-1, with our overpaid, overweight, unfit and disinterested striker scoring the goal
Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 22:24 - Oct 19 with 2524 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I thought we were the better team in the first half and by the far the better in the second. Once we got temp into our passing it was wave after wave of attack. I thought we dominated in every part of the pitch.

It would've been a travesty if we didn't win that one, and 1-0 flatters Blackburn enormously.
Barbet and Amos crucial, Chair with the all-important goal, Adomah gets the gold star, though.

Fine win.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 22:29 - Oct 19 with 2447 viewsQPRSteve

Just seen the penalty incident again. The defender had both arms up high and it almost looked like he batted the ball away. Definite penalty for me.
Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 22:29 - Oct 19 with 2421 viewsstainrods_elbow

Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 22:07 - Oct 19 by Malintabuk

Good shout about the ref I thought he was good as well.
He did clamp down early on the time wasting and though there weren't too many controversial decisions needing making refed it well.
Very lenient with Austin again and their full back. I was in SA Road but it looked like Chaz was clashing heads.... that is twice he as got away with this

Replay made it clear their guy gave Austin a little slap, for which he should have been carded, to which Chaz reacted with a snarl and pushing his head in, so he didn't really get away with anything. By contrast, I'd say they definitely got the benefit with a couple of things from that ref tonight, whereas Dykes was wrongly penalised a couple of times (once in their box) and he wasn't alone. So it felt to me we beat 11 and a half men tonight, which makes it all the sweeter of course to bum Mowbray (who's 5 years older than me, but looks about 92) in his moaning Northern gob.

FIrst half we looked seriously out of sorts, but really turned the tide in the 2nd half, with an absolutely vintage display from Adomah, who must keep his place.

Moses was dropped from the whole squad, which I think tells us all we need to know about Warbs' feelings from his contribution to the debacle at the Cottage, and it feels signifcant that Jordi was benched too.

I think, if anything, we benefited from Johansen's enforced absence, though Dozzell was only adequate at best, and he needs to improve if he's to be worthy of a place and affect the game, rather than just getting played around by every triangle going. Ball also showed his severe limitations once again, and I'll say again is not good enough even in his 'mad dog' role.

I thought Chair and Willock were both quiet much of the night, but then Ilias goes and wins the game with a goal out of nothing, to put him as our joint top scorer. A moment of incongruously joyous quality - Albert's panache apart - in a game where it looked like we were going to huff and puff but not blow the smelly Blackburn house down.

Not always pretty, not a game to remember, but we cranked it up, did the job, continued our strong home form, and we're back in the top six, so kudos to my team.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2021 22:33]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 22:31 - Oct 19 with 2397 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Albert was tremendous second half. Such a funny guy too - when he didn't manage to keep the ball in, he smiles and goes "too slow". Love him and how he plays with a smile on his face.
Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 22:36 - Oct 19 with 2324 viewsstainrods_elbow

Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 22:31 - Oct 19 by Wegerles_Stairs

Albert was tremendous second half. Such a funny guy too - when he didn't manage to keep the ball in, he smiles and goes "too slow". Love him and how he plays with a smile on his face.

In a declining industry of cynics, parasites and cheats, he is a joy. Wish he'd come to us ten years ago. What an end to his career it would be for him (and us) if we could go up with him!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 22:39 - Oct 19 with 2291 viewsdachiltern

Why oh why do we have to be put through 45 minutes of absolute (please fill in the blank).

Can't really complain about 2nd half, stirring performance and delighted with the win but oh dear that first half.
Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 23:00 - Oct 19 with 2118 viewsT_Block

Moses needs a rest for a few games Johansen needs to be rested till fully fit then bought back slowly.Austin needs playing intermittently and not when unfit or injured.
Domanic Ball needs a rest.

They are all important and are capable of helping a top six finish.

So Amos ,Dozzell and eventually Field need to step up.Kakay needs to take a deep breath and believe and keep going.For some reason I cannot bring myself to criticise him.One of our own.They are all he future.They can get better.

Osman work on your first touch in the sense of not always the inside of your right foot.You can do this
Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 23:00 - Oct 19 with 2109 viewsHAYESBOY

First half we were just playing too safe. We were more worried about having possession than trying to break their lines.
2nd half was better as the game opened up.
Thought Dozzell did ok, but Ball needs a rest. Hopefully Amos can start a game soon.
Johansen back for Saturday.

Busy next week and will be interesting how much Warbs moves the team around to accommodate 3 games in 6 days.

Deserved win tonight though.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Login to get fewer ads

Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 23:04 - Oct 19 with 2063 viewsnumptydumpty

Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 22:39 - Oct 19 by dachiltern

Why oh why do we have to be put through 45 minutes of absolute (please fill in the blank).

Can't really complain about 2nd half, stirring performance and delighted with the win but oh dear that first half.

Chalk and cheese the two halves

Second half, the winner to me did seem inevitable

Blackburn in top half but put in a very average performance

Nice to wind up their keeper over his time wasting, and was surprised not longer extra time due to our fans keeping ball.

Wondering when Sam Field and Lee Wallace be back in contention for places.

Think Albert I hope has played himself into a starting line up next game. Outstanding today.

What a buzz it must be to be doing that and a qpr boy... Fantastic.

Chair truly has his shooting boots on currently. Fantastic strike.

Mccallum I do like currently..

And Amos did well also.

And thank God a clean sheet, probably the best achievement tonight, although Blackburn were poor.

Very important win and although 3 losses away to 3 top teams happened, seems on paper like all winnable games coming up and 5th position.

Cannot ask for much more really..

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 23:06 - Oct 19 with 2040 viewsVancouverHoop

Osman work on your first touch in the sense of not always the inside of your right foot.You can do this

I think he can too. He's a work in progress, as are most of our young players. I think he'd be a regular if defence only was required, it's the "wing" part of "wing-back" that he has to work on.
Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 23:07 - Oct 19 with 2014 viewsjoe90

Just home and feeling very pleased with the result.

Blackburn never really threatened, I think they had one shot on target, plus the one Dunne (?) knocked onto the post. Apart from that it was all us.

Warbs got the subs spot on tonight.

Adomah was brilliant. Chairs goal was fantastic, but tonight was all about Uncle Albert.

This team really seem to care, even when we’re playing ‘badly’ you can see they want to win. I spotted Austin and Gray giving Willock some advice, would love to know what they told him!

Well done Rangers!
Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 23:08 - Oct 19 with 1996 viewsLogman

I think Ball has a part to play in first halves when it's tight. He occupies the cdm role well and is a good leader. Plus he wasn't far away from getting himself in on goal with a nice move around the 30 minute mark. I wouldn't be in a hurry to discard him.
Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 23:10 - Oct 19 with 1951 viewsMistication92

Personally didn't see the goal coming. There were a couple of chances from crosses, not sure how we didn't score from that head back.

I'd just like to see a bit of a higher tempo against teams who are just sitting back, like Blackburn.
Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 23:16 - Oct 19 with 1902 viewsE17hoop

Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 22:23 - Oct 19 by davman

Great goal in a really drab game.

Second half Albert awesome, clear MoM.

Love him, but Dom Ball needs to be taken out for a few games. Second game on the trot he looked well out of sorts. Awful awareness, abysmal ball retention and he could have easily cost us.

Good to win a battle of attrition and to keep a clean sheet.

The difference wasn't even Amos - it was breaking up Dozzell and Ball.

Both were too deep and Ball wasn't playing Adomah in; he won't look up and spray a ball crossfield to the right. It didn't matter who came off from those 2 or came on - that was the partnership to break. Immediately Amos played further up the pitch, stretched their defence and both created more space and gave Albert the ball more.

It left Ball more central and with less to do - they weren't charging through the middle any more because they'd been pushed back.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 23:21 - Oct 19 with 1865 viewskensalriser

Great goal from Chair, looked up and thought, I'm having this. But Albert Adomah, what a performance from a proper football player. Tricks, guile and desire, he had it all.

We looked terrified of conceding first half but completely dominated the second once we got going and thoroughly deserved the win. Could drop two places tomorrow as Reading and Huddersfield have very winnable games, but we're right there in the mix.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 10:56 - Oct 20 with 1397 viewsSonofpugwash

Never mind issuing a bond for the training ground.
How about issuing one for some new f*cking floodlights?

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 11:05 - Oct 20 with 1380 viewsstevec

Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 10:56 - Oct 20 by Sonofpugwash

No leave them as they are and let Chair loose from outside the area.
Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 11:17 - Oct 20 with 1353 viewsstowmarketrange

Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 21:37 - Oct 19 by VancouverHoop

Sends a message though. Fair enough in my book.

The commentator on sky said he thought that our fans were getting their own back on Blackburn’s time wasting tactics.Funny to see them suddenly rushing around trying to get the ball back in play so quickly after they’d conceded.And the ref did us a favour by only allowing 4 minutes added time.If the refs won’t clamp down on it properly,then fair play to the fans for doing it for them.
Feck the cheating b@stards.They got what they deserved.
Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 11:33 - Oct 20 with 1307 viewsTheChef

Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 10:56 - Oct 20 by Sonofpugwash

I don't now what's happened but they looked really awful on TV especially at the Loft end. Why is this?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 14:30 - Oct 20 with 1188 viewsDiscodroids

Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 19:26 - Oct 19 by Northolt_Rs

Immense.

Cheers mate!, i still remember those lovely words you said about my old man when he passed away.

I recall you roaring with laughter about my dad and Stephanie De Sykes!

;-)

Thaank god the rangers saved me from a night of Hugh grant and Emma Thompson!
[Post edited 20 Oct 2021 14:31]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 16:09 - Oct 20 with 1096 viewsderbyhoop

Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 23:08 - Oct 19 by Logman

I think Ball has a part to play in first halves when it's tight. He occupies the cdm role well and is a good leader. Plus he wasn't far away from getting himself in on goal with a nice move around the 30 minute mark. I wouldn't be in a hurry to discard him.

Ball is never going to be a creative player but, IMHO, he did OK. He doesn't fo anything spectacular but a lot of the dirty work. When France won the World Cup they nicknamed Deschamps "the water carrier", i.e. he did the jobs that allowed the better players to excel.

Also though Dozzell had a steady 60 minutes. A few decent passes but not enough to break down a resolute defence.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2021 16:10]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 16:43 - Oct 20 with 1053 viewsE17hoop

Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 16:09 - Oct 20 by derbyhoop

Ball is never going to be a creative player but, IMHO, he did OK. He doesn't fo anything spectacular but a lot of the dirty work. When France won the World Cup they nicknamed Deschamps "the water carrier", i.e. he did the jobs that allowed the better players to excel.

Also though Dozzell had a steady 60 minutes. A few decent passes but not enough to break down a resolute defence.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2021 16:10]

I agree but you can't play them together - they both lack the creative spark. My choice would be Amos and Johansen for Saturday.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 17:55 - Oct 20 with 931 viewsJuzzie

Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 11:33 - Oct 20 by TheChef

I don't now what's happened but they looked really awful on TV especially at the Loft end. Why is this?

I think it was mentioned on here a while back something to do with newer camera's being higher definition/quality and needing more light.

I could be wrong (not been to LR since January 2020) but maybe the lights haven't actually changed, just that the camera's are newer so therefore seems worse?
Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 18:12 - Oct 20 with 912 viewsterryb

Go on then - Rovers Match Thread on 17:55 - Oct 20 by Juzzie

I think it was mentioned on here a while back something to do with newer camera's being higher definition/quality and needing more light.

I could be wrong (not been to LR since January 2020) but maybe the lights haven't actually changed, just that the camera's are newer so therefore seems worse?

It looks dark from the Upper Loft!

And I think Lee Hoos said when Clive interviewed him, that they were badly in need of renovation.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024