Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Uncle Albert 21:44 - Oct 19 with 11312 viewsSuperhoop83

What a legend.

Suffering since 1978.

Uncle Albert on 21:45 - Oct 19 with 5719 viewsw7r

Some of those moves he pulled - sublime.
Uncle Albert on 21:46 - Oct 19 with 5697 viewsRs_Holy

Uncle Albert on 21:45 - Oct 19 by w7r

Some of those moves he pulled - sublime.

Gotta love Uncs
Uncle Albert on 21:48 - Oct 19 with 5653 viewslongbottom

Old 'uns still the best.
Uncle Albert on 21:55 - Oct 19 with 5541 viewsted_hendrix

The most obvious MOTM this season.

We're so sorry, uncle Albert
But we haven't done a bloody thing all day
We're so sorry, uncle Albert
But the kettle's on the boil
And we're so easily called away

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Uncle Albert on 21:56 - Oct 19 with 5530 viewsQPR_Jim

He was so free today, it was great to watch.
Uncle Albert on 21:58 - Oct 19 with 5496 viewsbosh67

He is a class player and a level head in this division. He always seems to have time. He really does deserve more match minutes.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Uncle Albert on 22:28 - Oct 19 with 5230 viewsstevec

What a difference a player like that can make, outstanding.
Uncle Albert on 22:30 - Oct 19 with 5201 viewsWestonsuperR

MOM by a mile. I wonder if he will get a start vs Posh? Must be a better option than Odubajo.
Login to get fewer ads

Uncle Albert on 22:39 - Oct 19 with 5088 viewsBlackCrowe

Loved it at the end when a young boy (must've been about 6) ran onto the pitch and upto Uncs, who promptly took his boots and gave them to him. Quality.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Uncle Albert on 22:41 - Oct 19 with 5073 viewsnumptydumpty

Uncle Albert on 22:30 - Oct 19 by WestonsuperR

MOM by a mile. I wonder if he will get a start vs Posh? Must be a better option than Odubajo.

Unbelievable performance tonight

Was taken off for the ovation he got but thought even then little bit silly as was ten minutes left and you never know when one goal up.

Proved he can do it in 90 minutes, although the first half was a non event. 22 players still enjoying the international break it seemed !!!!

You could say he had their left back on toast... understatement !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Uncle Albert on 22:45 - Oct 19 with 5002 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Uncle Albert on 22:41 - Oct 19 by numptydumpty

Was taken off for the ovation he got but thought even then little bit silly as was ten minutes left and you never know when one goal up.

Proved he can do it in 90 minutes, although the first half was a non event. 22 players still enjoying the international break it seemed !!!!

I thought taking him off was the right move. He had just started to fade, we had our goal and I thought it made sense to bring on Kakay to shore it up.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Uncle Albert on 22:45 - Oct 19 with 4996 viewssdm1508

In the second half when he burst into life I thought maybe he and been conserving his energy in the first half knowing he could then have a real go at the left back in the second half when his own energy levels would have deminished
Uncle Albert on 22:50 - Oct 19 with 4910 viewsmcqpr10

What a second half performance. Pure artistry of wing play. Inspired the whole team. MOM by a mile.
Uncle Albert on 22:51 - Oct 19 with 4884 viewsnix

I don't think the crowd has been lit up by pure technical skill since Ebs left. Just wonderful to watch and a very deserved standing ovation.
Uncle Albert on 22:57 - Oct 19 with 4796 viewsBklynRanger

30 minutes or so of total bamboozlement from him, was fantastic to see. He seemed to get such a lift from playing toward the loft tonight.

As a fan we're sort of living out our dreams through him at times I think - none of us have the ability to do any of what he was up to out there but a bit of vicarious pleasure goes a long way. That move he did on Brereton Díaz was just a WTF moment.

Enjoy watching that back Albert you deserve it.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2021 22:58]
Uncle Albert on 22:59 - Oct 19 with 4766 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Uncle Albert on 22:41 - Oct 19 by numptydumpty

"proved he can do it over 90 minutes"

Yes but can he do it over 90 mins twice a week? Probably not. I think his performance tonight is a sign he's being very well managed.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Uncle Albert on 23:12 - Oct 19 with 4651 viewsWatfordR

WE would not have won that game tonight without his performance. He lit up the crowd, the crowd then lit up the team and in the end a very enjoyable second half.

A privilege to be there to watch him play tonight.
Uncle Albert on 23:17 - Oct 19 with 4580 viewsstainrods_elbow

He's so lithe, supple and seems to have kept himself very fit. At 34 in December, he's also a year and a half older than our homecoming striker, who, sadly for him and for us, appears not to have.

He probably can't play two games a week on a regular basis, though, as I've pointed out, that doesn't stop the likes of Jamie Vardy (11 apps, 7 goalsin 2021/22) - take note Charlie A! Nevertheless, on tonight's showing (and not only tonight), it seems perverse he hasn't had more games, and if he doesn't start against Peterborough, I'll want to know why the feck not. It looks a long way back for Moses right now.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2021 23:21]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Uncle Albert on 23:19 - Oct 19 with 4573 viewsjoe90

Agree with everything that’s been said. He was an absolute pleasure to watch tonight.

One thing I love about him is his Instagram. No flash cars, fancy holiday pics etc, just him doing football skills whilst wearing (mostly) QPR kits! Definitely seems to have paid off!
Uncle Albert on 23:35 - Oct 19 with 4455 viewsGloryHunter

Uncle Albert on 23:17 - Oct 19 by stainrods_elbow

He's so lithe, supple and seems to have kept himself very fit. At 34 in December, he's also a year and a half older than our homecoming striker, who, sadly for him and for us, appears not to have.

He probably can't play two games a week on a regular basis, though, as I've pointed out, that doesn't stop the likes of Jamie Vardy (11 apps, 7 goalsin 2021/22) - take note Charlie A! Nevertheless, on tonight's showing (and not only tonight), it seems perverse he hasn't had more games, and if he doesn't start against Peterborough, I'll want to know why the feck not. It looks a long way back for Moses right now.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2021 23:21]

I haven't watched it back yet, but I got the impression that Charlie's movement drew the keeper's attention away to his right, giving Chair the chance to beat him to his left. Charlie Austin is a very clever and experienced player. It's not only about goals scored.
Uncle Albert on 23:53 - Oct 19 with 4347 viewsenfieldargh

Uncle Albert on 23:35 - Oct 19 by GloryHunter

I haven't watched it back yet, but I got the impression that Charlie's movement drew the keeper's attention away to his right, giving Chair the chance to beat him to his left. Charlie Austin is a very clever and experienced player. It's not only about goals scored.

Thought Charlie also made a difference when he came on. Kept Blackburn occupied hence them not getting onto us as many teams do when we are protecting a lead.

Albert different class

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Uncle Albert on 23:53 - Oct 19 with 4350 viewsgobbles

Uncle Albert on 22:59 - Oct 19 by CliveWilsonSaid

"proved he can do it over 90 minutes"

Yes but can he do it over 90 mins twice a week? Probably not. I think his performance tonight is a sign he's being very well managed.

I don't go with that at all. So many games have been crying out for him this season and Warburton has just left him on the bench. He doesn't have to play 90 minutes twice a week, but he should play, he adds so much every time he comes on and the upgrade on Odubajo is enormous.
He hasn't had any minutes since he came on as a sub against Birmingham.
Uncle Albert on 23:55 - Oct 19 with 4327 viewsParkRoyalR

Uncle Albert on 23:35 - Oct 19 by GloryHunter

We are seriously stretching the elastic now...
Uncle Albert on 23:58 - Oct 19 with 4280 viewsHunterhoop

Obvious MotM. Dragged that game out of the Championship gutter. It was dying.

He’s far better than Moses and Kakay going forward. No worse, if not better, then Moses defensively.

Against the weaker teams like post start him.

I’d still like us to switch to a 4231 and ditch a centre half for a central midfielder, but I’d still play Adomah at right back against the weaker teams. The likes of Ball and Amos can cover and he’ll be a nightmare to handle coming from that deep.

Anyway, too performance. Superb technical ability. Give him more minutes!
Uncle Albert on 00:00 - Oct 20 with 4275 viewsjeffranger

Outstanding performance & got to give him more game time surely, he lit up crowd in 2nd half
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024