Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amos 11:51 - Oct 27 with 4911 viewsNW5Hoop

Genuine question: what did people think of Amos last night?

I don't know, because there was a bloke a couple of rows behind me — I was in the Upper Loft last night — who just had it in for him. He got worked up into an apoplectic rage. Everything that went wrong was Amos's fault — for not having tracked back, for forcing Chair to drop deep, for not getting into the box, for not making a tackle, for committing to a tackle. It was so, so, so boring. It was like listening to someone who's not been given their meds. And, naturally, it made me root for Amos.

So I am not capable of seeing this rationally. Hence my question: was he any good?
Amos on 11:55 - Oct 27 with 3743 viewsdaveB

I thought he did OK, faded a bit towards the end but was one of our better players on the night
Amos on 11:57 - Oct 27 with 3734 viewsHanwellHoopster

I thought he was good, and one of our better players. Chap who did the ratings for WLS clearly thought the same giving Amos an 8.

His passing was quick and he won back possession a number of times, and his closing down was also important in stopping them from completely swamping us in that opening 15 minutes.

I'm sure others will critique him for not 'passing forwards' enough, but I think that's harsh in the system we play. It's no good lumping it up to the two up front, and Willock was often too far away to get it to him too, especially with Amos often receiving the ball with his back to Willock. He was quickly getting the ball to either Chair or the wingbacks, who should be looking to pass forward but often didn't. I'm optimistic that he's going to develop into a tidy player for us, but also expect him to attract a bunch of naysayers.
Amos on 12:02 - Oct 27 with 3700 viewssexton

He played quite well, but it was a big ask for the poor guy to play as the only genuine midfielder in the side after his long time out, and he should have been subbed well before he was as he was clearly knackered.
Amos on 12:05 - Oct 27 with 3681 viewsAntti_Heinola

I thought he was very good until he got exhausted after about 65 mins. Was properly blowing and made a couple of mistakes from then. Before that, I thought he was MOTM, and once he's fully fit, could be the answer to our midfield woes, giving Stef the legs he needs next to him.

Bare bones.

Amos on 12:13 - Oct 27 with 3634 viewsdaveB

Amos on 12:05 - Oct 27 by Antti_Heinola

I thought he was very good until he got exhausted after about 65 mins. Was properly blowing and made a couple of mistakes from then. Before that, I thought he was MOTM, and once he's fully fit, could be the answer to our midfield woes, giving Stef the legs he needs next to him.

think him and Ball around Stef might work quite well and allow him to push forward a bit more.
Amos on 12:17 - Oct 27 with 3613 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Same as Dave. Thought he played ok but the midfield lost a bit of shape second half. Exemplified when Duke Mckenna came on he and Chair took a while to find their positions. 6/10 probably. Nothing worth getting upset about!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Amos on 12:34 - Oct 27 with 3547 viewsdmm

I was pleased Amos got his start and was able to perform pretty well. I don't think he was helped by having Chair and Willock with him in CM as they're not used to that role and I'd like to see him in a three with Johansen and another. He's certainly shown he's now available for first team action and I can see him nailing down a regular starting position.
Amos on 12:36 - Oct 27 with 3523 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

You wasn't in MU by any chance was you?

Moaning is fine. We've all done it , but the full on 90 minute ranters will forever mystify me. Why on Earth do they cause themselves such distress voluntarily? Is QPR cheaper than therapy?

'FCKING PORT VALE' the epitome of this.
Login to get fewer ads

Amos on 12:58 - Oct 27 with 3438 viewsterryb

For the first 20 minutes he was carrying the midfield as Chair & Willock were playing in front of him. Once Chair dropped deeper to help him we stopped Sunderland controlling the game.

I thought he was one of our better players, as was Dykes (again).
Amos on 12:59 - Oct 27 with 3435 viewsNorthernr

I thought he was one of our better players until he tired.
Amos on 13:06 - Oct 27 with 3388 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Amos on 12:58 - Oct 27 by terryb

For the first 20 minutes he was carrying the midfield as Chair & Willock were playing in front of him. Once Chair dropped deeper to help him we stopped Sunderland controlling the game.

I thought he was one of our better players, as was Dykes (again).

Agree with this Terry.
Amos on 13:16 - Oct 27 with 3364 viewsBklynRanger

I had him down as out best player more or less. Thought he covered a lot of ground and did his best to knit things together as the only actual midfielder we had out there.
Amos on 14:05 - Oct 27 with 3204 viewsMedwayR

I'm not a fan of Amos but he was decent last night. Since returning from his injury he seems more determined to impose himself on games, perhaps he's had a shift in his mindset as I found him too timid and taking the safe option a lot of the time before his injury.

Poll: Who’s better?

Amos on 14:15 - Oct 27 with 3180 viewsKensal_Ranger

Amos on 12:36 - Oct 27 by BazzaInTheLoft

Moaning is fine. We've all done it , but the full on 90 minute ranters will forever mystify me. Why on Earth do they cause themselves such distress voluntarily? Is QPR cheaper than therapy?

To be fair to the ‘FPV’ guy though, he wasn’t ranting the whole 90 :-)
I was sitting a few rows back from him that night - got a few laughs out of us.
I moved to LU a few seasons after that because a bloke right behind me was actually a constant bleedin’ whinger, every single match 🙄
Amos on 14:55 - Oct 27 with 3072 viewsrobith

football is mostly wasted on football fans.

Amos has always been one of those players that just gets absolute pelters non stop. mystifying to me
Amos on 15:09 - Oct 27 with 3050 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I think he's a confidence player and that is as much to do about his body and fate, as it is anything else.

Amos is 23 (I think) and battling back from a second career threatening injury. If some numpty in the Upper Loft can't get that into his thick noggin, then he should do the honourble and f.. off.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Amos on 15:13 - Oct 27 with 3033 viewsQPR_John

Felt sorry for him. Just back from injury and expected to play in a one man midfield.
Amos on 15:16 - Oct 27 with 3023 viewsLongsufferingR

One or two mis-controls and passes but generally good and understandable that he would still be a little off the pace. Will only get better as the season goes on.
Amos on 15:20 - Oct 27 with 3007 viewsPinnerPaul

Same thought as Dave.

But like Clive and others, not sure anyone can look good in that role - too isolated and bringing Chair closer to help, didn't seem to err help!

Think it has to be 1 up front and two more defensive midfielders - convinced that's the way to go.

Gray especially, got nowhere near any of Dykes' headers, and although he linked up better with Austin, do think 1 up top is now worth a few games.
Amos on 16:59 - Oct 27 with 2837 viewsgazza1

Thought Amos was very steady last night, mobile, passing decent, tackling....overall good for a first start.

I am worried though because when Master Sam Field is fit again then he could be struggling to get a start!!!!
Amos on 17:05 - Oct 27 with 2833 viewsnadera78

I was in MU. Thought that fella' in the flat cap was going to keel over at one point.
Amos on 17:16 - Oct 27 with 2811 viewsbosh67

I was very dubious about Luke when he started. Felt he was lightweight, not committed. All I knew is that he had pace and that was about it but I don't think we have ever seen his full potential and he was lined up as the new Dele Ali some time ago. I am starting to see that potential in him, given time and full fitness.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Amos on 10:29 - Oct 28 with 2530 viewsfrancisbowles

Agree with others, probably our best player, tired after an hour and made a couple of errors.

He has to keep his head together after a mistake though, his body language is terrible at times. Looks like he is feeling sorry for himself.
Amos on 11:14 - Oct 28 with 2449 viewsNW5Hoop

Yes, in MU
Amos on 11:18 - Oct 28 with 2440 viewsextratimeR

He played well, as game time increases his tackling and interceptions are getting sharper and sharper, thank god he is now available for Second half of season, I would play him alongside Chair in the middle, ( with Chair in the Centre obviously ) but that's another story, as Clive days tired just before being subbed which to he expected.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024