Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunderland and us last night. 15:06 - Oct 27 with 2303 viewsOakR

I thought they were very good, both individually and as a team.

Their press was one of the best we've seen, we often had every player marked which affected our passing out from the back, and they were good on the ball also, nice quick, sharp passing with some very good individuals, their number 7 looked very good.

I felt from about 30 mins in we needed to take a striker off (Gray last night) and get another midfielder on, we needed the spare / extra man in midfield to pass out but also to stop them.

The other thing another midfielder eg Dom Ball would have done, would have been to allow Chair to play much further upfield and closer to Willock. So much of our good play this year has come from Chair and Willock overloading one side, normally the left, and using the whoever is left back at the time - I can't believe we decided to change this.

The goal we 'didn't score' appear completely out of order, but I've not seen it back yet, but the lino did not put his flag up and I checked before celebrating, but that apart I still feel we got it wrong tactically, not to take anything away from Sunderland who I thought played very well. We'll never know if a change of tactics would have helped, I'm just gutted we didn't try.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Sunderland and us last night. on 15:39 - Oct 27 with 2186 viewsToast_R

Sunderland are a good team, well drilled and were really up for it last night. Got to given them and their manager huge credit for how their season is going.

QPR didn't play their best eleven, it was pretty even but QPR did enough to beat them but sadly not enough to beat shocking match officials.
Sunderland and us last night. on 15:40 - Oct 27 with 2171 viewsPinnerPaul

Sunderland and us last night. on 15:39 - Oct 27 by Toast_R

Sunderland are a good team, well drilled and were really up for it last night. Got to given them and their manager huge credit for how their season is going.

QPR didn't play their best eleven, it was pretty even but QPR did enough to beat them but sadly not enough to beat shocking match officials.

They made 7 changes to our 6.
Sunderland and us last night. on 15:44 - Oct 27 with 2151 viewsToast_R

Sunderland and us last night. on 15:40 - Oct 27 by PinnerPaul

They made 7 changes to our 6.

So what you saying?
Sunderland and us last night. on 15:50 - Oct 27 with 2136 viewsPinnerPaul

Sunderland and us last night. on 15:44 - Oct 27 by Toast_R

So what you saying?

You said we didn't play our best 11, my point is, neither did they.
Sunderland and us last night. on 16:09 - Oct 27 with 2059 viewsWatfordR

My view, from about 15 minutes in, we bossed them in the first half. We were a bit quicker than they are used to, they were fortunate not to cause themselves trouble playing out from the back on two or three occasions, and they had to resort to long balls which we mainly gobbled up. If we'd have gone in a couple of goals up at half time, it wouldn't have been an unfair reflection.

Second half was much more even, with them pressing our back guys better and giving us less control. Still their chances mainly came from counters. I said last night, if they'd nicked a goal and won it I wouldn't have felt robbed, and I think if our goal had stood they couldn't have complained about losing either. They'll need better upfront than they've got now if they get promoted.

I didn't personally think Gray did badly, and he got a good ovation when he came off, but I do feel that one up is the right way for us.
Sunderland and us last night. on 16:11 - Oct 27 with 2042 viewsToast_R

Sunderland and us last night. on 15:50 - Oct 27 by PinnerPaul

I guess although I suppose its a moot point really as there were several subs throughout the 90 minutes which changed the dynamic of the teams. Fact is they were both pretty evenly matched up and QPR were the ones who got the all important goal until the officials stepped in.
Sunderland and us last night. on 16:13 - Oct 27 with 2039 viewsWatfordR

Sunderland and us last night. on 16:11 - Oct 27 by Toast_R

I guess although I suppose its a moot point really as there were several subs throughout the 90 minutes which changed the dynamic of the teams. Fact is they were both pretty evenly matched up and QPR were the ones who got the all important goal until the officials stepped in.

I'd agree. I thought it was a typical "cup-tie" really, which can often be short on quality, but actually I found it an entertaining game. Until the last five minutes.
Sunderland and us last night. on 16:21 - Oct 27 with 1992 viewsPinnerPaul

Sunderland and us last night. on 16:13 - Oct 27 by WatfordR

I'd agree. I thought it was a typical "cup-tie" really, which can often be short on quality, but actually I found it an entertaining game. Until the last five minutes.

Either way you have to fancy them for automatic promotion I would think.
Login to get fewer ads

Sunderland and us last night. on 16:31 - Oct 27 with 1949 viewsWatfordR

Sunderland and us last night. on 16:21 - Oct 27 by PinnerPaul

Either way you have to fancy them for automatic promotion I would think.

Well, you've only to look at their resources and you'd wonder how it's possible for a club their size to have spent so long in League One to be fair, They should have been favourites for automatic promotion every season down there.
Sunderland and us last night. on 16:46 - Oct 27 with 1884 viewslondonscottish

Sunderland and us last night. on 16:09 - Oct 27 by WatfordR

My view, from about 15 minutes in, we bossed them in the first half. We were a bit quicker than they are used to, they were fortunate not to cause themselves trouble playing out from the back on two or three occasions, and they had to resort to long balls which we mainly gobbled up. If we'd have gone in a couple of goals up at half time, it wouldn't have been an unfair reflection.

Second half was much more even, with them pressing our back guys better and giving us less control. Still their chances mainly came from counters. I said last night, if they'd nicked a goal and won it I wouldn't have felt robbed, and I think if our goal had stood they couldn't have complained about losing either. They'll need better upfront than they've got now if they get promoted.

I didn't personally think Gray did badly, and he got a good ovation when he came off, but I do feel that one up is the right way for us.

What I saw from the Lower Loft tallies with your first two paras.

Didn't see a huge amount from Gray. It's got to the point that when he DOES control the ball on his first touch that actually becomes a talking point with my son for the next 10 minutes.

I've had the day off today and every time I see a clip of the disallowed goal from another angle I just get more and more angry. Fc*in travesty.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Sunderland and us last night. on 17:21 - Oct 27 with 1803 viewsNorthantsHoop

Nothing much in it last night, pretty evenly matched. Thought they cut Willock out really well and that affected us, going forward. Robbed of the winning goal, which longer the game went on always thought it was going to be a 1-0 either way or a 0-0. Sunderland were looking tired last 15 mins, we were looking stronger, if there had been 30 mins extra time reckon we would have won it.
Penalties are a lottery and ours were awful, so on that basis Sunderland deserved the win, but if our legit goal had stood we would have equally deserved the win.
Sunderland and us last night. on 18:19 - Oct 27 with 1662 viewsLowerloftLad

Sunderland had a bit of pace and just wanted it more, if and a big if we had been on form I wouldn't see them bothering us, I'm more concerned with how we played far to slow sloppy, and far to much hoof ball.

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Sunderland and us last night. on 18:41 - Oct 27 with 1609 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Sunderland and us last night. on 15:50 - Oct 27 by PinnerPaul

I thought their attacking threat acually improved with the substitutions. Decent side. Very good save from Dieng at the end to deny Aiden McGeady I think.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024