Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky Fixtures over Christmas / New Year 13:04 - Nov 1 with 7236 viewsOldPedro

Bournemouth game moved to 5:30

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Sky Fixtures over Christmas / New Year on 13:10 - Nov 1 with 4653 viewsAntti_Heinola

and a day later.
Love Boxing Day fixtures but it's a nightmare getting to HQ if the tubes don't run, so for once I am not overly upset. But how many more?

Bare bones.

Sky Fixtures over Christmas / New Year on 13:10 - Nov 1 with 4652 viewsJeff

It’s also no longer Boxing Day, it’s now the 27th…

Can we not knock it?

Sky Fixtures over Christmas / New Year on 13:11 - Nov 1 with 4646 viewsNorthernr

Means that Bristol City and Birmingham also now have to move back 24 hours.
Sky Fixtures over Christmas / New Year on 13:12 - Nov 1 with 4631 viewsStanisgod

There isnt enough swear words for Sky.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2021 9:53]

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Sky Fixtures over Christmas / New Year on 13:44 - Nov 1 with 4423 viewscolinallcars

For the love of God, please folks, don't put any more money into their coffers.
Sky Fixtures over Christmas / New Year on 13:50 - Nov 1 with 4372 viewstoboboly

Sky Fixtures over Christmas / New Year on 13:10 - Nov 1 by Antti_Heinola

and a day later.
Love Boxing Day fixtures but it's a nightmare getting to HQ if the tubes don't run, so for once I am not overly upset. But how many more?

This, actually works out better for me.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Sky Fixtures over Christmas / New Year on 14:02 - Nov 1 with 4312 viewsozranger

Unfortunately if you check, the last train back is at 10pm. Try getting from Ashton Gate to Bristol Temple Meads before that. Yet another stay the night
Sky Fixtures over Christmas / New Year on 14:18 - Nov 1 with 4244 viewsNorthernr

Sky Fixtures over Christmas / New Year on 14:02 - Nov 1 by ozranger

Unfortunately if you check, the last train back is at 10pm. Try getting from Ashton Gate to Bristol Temple Meads before that. Yet another stay the night

That's super annoying because there used to be a 10.30pm back to London which made midweeks at Bristol doable in a day.
Login to get fewer ads

Sky Fixtures over Christmas / New Year on 14:28 - Nov 1 with 4195 viewsNorthernr

The EFL sells its rights as a whole package to Sky. With that package Sky are ignoring League One and Two altogether. You have to ask whether those leagues would benefit more from striking teir own deal with an operator like Premier Sports to try and generate better income and exposure.

They're also ignoring half the Championship. Blackburn, Hull, Luton, Peterborough, Blackpool, Millwall and Preston have had as many live picks between them in the first half of the season as West Brom have by themselves.

They've bought the whole of the EFL, and used it to show six teams on rotation. There has to be a better, fairier way than this.

Sky Fixtures over Christmas / New Year on 14:32 - Nov 1 with 4169 viewsKonk

Sky Fixtures over Christmas / New Year on 14:28 - Nov 1 by Northernr

The EFL sells its rights as a whole package to Sky. With that package Sky are ignoring League One and Two altogether. You have to ask whether those leagues would benefit more from striking teir own deal with an operator like Premier Sports to try and generate better income and exposure.

They're also ignoring half the Championship. Blackburn, Hull, Luton, Peterborough, Blackpool, Millwall and Preston have had as many live picks between them in the first half of the season as West Brom have by themselves.

They've bought the whole of the EFL, and used it to show six teams on rotation. There has to be a better, fairier way than this.

With this latest batch of games announced, I think Fulham will have had one Saturday 3pm kick-off between Sept - mid Jan. Bit of a pi ss take.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Sky Fixtures over Christmas / New Year on 14:48 - Nov 1 with 4095 viewsPinnerPaul

Sky Fixtures over Christmas / New Year on 14:28 - Nov 1 by Northernr

They are supposed to show 20 live games from League 1/2 - no idea if they did that last season?
Sky Fixtures over Christmas / New Year on 14:50 - Nov 1 with 4096 viewsNorthernr

Sky Fixtures over Christmas / New Year on 14:48 - Nov 1 by PinnerPaul

They are supposed to show 20 live games from League 1/2 - no idea if they did that last season?

I'd be amazed. They usually have a couple on the international weekend but a few times they haven't even bothered with that.
Sky Fixtures over Christmas / New Year on 14:57 - Nov 1 with 4041 viewsSuffolkHoop

So is the Swansea game now, finally, safe?
Sky Fixtures over Christmas / New Year on 15:06 - Nov 1 with 3998 viewsNorthernr

Sky Fixtures over Christmas / New Year on 14:57 - Nov 1 by SuffolkHoop

Yes.
Sky Fixtures over Christmas / New Year on 15:16 - Nov 1 with 3951 viewslosethedrum

Sky Fixtures over Christmas / New Year on 14:57 - Nov 1 by SuffolkHoop

Yes but the trains may or may not be running from Norwch that day according to greater anglia they dont know yet if there will be engineering works .

Sky Fixtures over Christmas / New Year on 15:31 - Nov 1 with 3883 viewsOldPedro

I didn't notice the date had moved when I saw the initial tweet. Club have also confirmed the changes to the other 2 games that Clive has mentioned

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Sky Fixtures over Christmas / New Year on 15:36 - Nov 1 with 3852 viewsHarbour

Bet the three saturday games in January all move too…WBA a certain to move Coventry away could go and the obsession with Reading a possibility you would think also .Sky the channel destroying the Saturday match experience.
Sky Fixtures over Christmas / New Year on 15:37 - Nov 1 with 3849 viewsozranger

Going back to what Clive just said, the onus really lies with the EFL as much as it does with Sky. The next question that needs to be asked is when does the current deal terminate? That is, the EFL needs to negotiate a new deal that is suitable for the EFL and the clubs more than for any broadcaster, whether Sky or anyone else.

The clubs need to get together and tell the EFL that the next negotiating window has to involve them in some way and has be done properly so that, as Clive put it in the comments of his latest report, a certain set of demands, rights and restrictions are included and any variance to those will generate severe penalties, a significant portion of which will go to the clubs harmed by such transgressions.
Sky Fixtures over Christmas / New Year on 15:41 - Nov 1 with 3833 viewsSuffolkHoop

Sky Fixtures over Christmas / New Year on 15:16 - Nov 1 by losethedrum

Yes but the trains may or may not be running from Norwch that day according to greater anglia they dont know yet if there will be engineering works .

Why is it so difficult to just get the train to the football? This country!

Even if they are... I await the Central Line being closed from Liverpool Street
[Post edited 1 Nov 2021 15:42]
Sky Fixtures over Christmas / New Year on 16:03 - Nov 1 with 3757 viewscolinallcars

My vicar always said the Lord, in five days made the heavens, the earth, the seas and all the creatures in them. On Saturday he made football and on Sunday - the Sabbath, he rested.
Sky Fixtures over Christmas / New Year on 16:18 - Nov 1 with 3668 viewsdaveB

Sooner we get independent regulators for football the better. The way Sky are able to move games is beyond a joke. No real reason for it. Fixtures are released in June, could have picked all the games until Christmas then, there has been no real shock in this league so far, everyone is pretty much where many predicted them to be bar Sheffield United & Cardiff so any games you'd pick late due to form are probably what you would have picked anyway back in the summer.

Same in the Premier League, they really didn't need to wait until September before deciding they were gonna show Man Utd v City next weekend this could be done so much earlier.

I get it's very different but for the World Cup and Euros the tv channels pick which games they are showing around 5 months before a tournament, pretty much as soon as the draw is done really. You don't need to wait until a month before to know that England v Scotland might be a popular one. No idea why Sky & BT can't do the same every summer
[Post edited 1 Nov 2021 16:20]
Sky Fixtures over Christmas / New Year on 16:24 - Nov 1 with 3638 viewsterryb

Sky Fixtures over Christmas / New Year on 14:02 - Nov 1 by ozranger

That would have applied if the game was on the Wednesday as well though.

Very annoying for travelling supporters though.
Sky Fixtures over Christmas / New Year on 16:46 - Nov 1 with 3531 viewsjohnhoop

The only thing that will ever force them to take notice of the depth of people's feelings is if everyone boycotts a live TV game. i know there's very little chance of obtaining the consensus needed to do this but as an ST holder who's already paid for all the games I'd be very willing to do it because I am so utterly sick of them treating the supporters like sh-t.
Sky Fixtures over Christmas / New Year on 18:10 - Nov 1 with 3272 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Do we know for sure if Forest (h) isn’t going to move?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Sky Fixtures over Christmas / New Year on 18:12 - Nov 1 with 3258 viewsthemodfather

they USED to play on a SATURDAY ,
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024