Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andre Dozzell 12:54 - Nov 21 with 17648 viewsdavman

I genuinely though that he played well on Friday, and was one of our best two or three performers over the time he was on the pitch, then saw the ratings, which indicate that you lot think that he was one of the worst three performers on the team. What have I missed?
Yes, there was one missed place pass that put us in trouble in the second half, but generally I thought he was excellent.

Seny Dieng 6.99
Rob Dickie 6.95
Jimmy Dunne 6.94
Yoann Barbet 7.50
Albert Adomah 5.78
Andre Dozzell 6.58
Stefan Johansen 6.47
Lee Wallace 7.13
Chris Willock 7.96
Charlie Austin 6.61
Ilias Chair 7.36

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Andre Dozzell on 13:15 - Nov 21 with 7351 viewsFaurlinho

I like what I’ve seen of him. Interesting player who brings something different and appears to be improving game by game.
Andre Dozzell on 13:22 - Nov 21 with 7316 viewsdannyblue

All over the pitch I just thought we had better footballers than them. You know, people who can control the ball, move in to space, and pick and execute a pass. Andre was one of
those.
Andre Dozzell on 13:24 - Nov 21 with 7308 viewsHunterhoop

I think Dozzell has improved greatly since the start of the season. His passing is crisper, more ambitious and incisive. IMO he’s playing far better than Johansen.

He’s working harder off the ball and is surprisingly quick. He’s covering Johansen an awful lot defensively currently. He seems to be more comfortable with the physicality too.

Encouraging.
Andre Dozzell on 13:25 - Nov 21 with 7304 viewscaliforniahoop

I agree, thought he was more effective that JJ
Andre Dozzell on 13:27 - Nov 21 with 7298 viewsnix

I thought he was good too. He's getting much more consistent and is more involved in games than when he started with us. I think that's been the case with all the young players that have come through, like Eze, Willock and Chair that their consistency and contribution increases when they start to play regularly.
Andre Dozzell on 13:32 - Nov 21 with 7271 viewsQPRSteve

Dozzel, Field and Amos. Going to have a cracking midfield in the future if they all keep progressing.
Andre Dozzell on 13:55 - Nov 21 with 7188 viewsBurnleyhoop

Andre Dozzell on 13:32 - Nov 21 by QPRSteve

Dozzel, Field and Amos. Going to have a cracking midfield in the future if they all keep progressing.

Agree, all 3 need to get 50+ games under their belts, ideally without further injuries, before we see the best of them. Bags of potential.
Andre Dozzell on 14:04 - Nov 21 with 7150 viewsAntti_Heinola

Andre Dozzell on 13:24 - Nov 21 by Hunterhoop

I think Dozzell has improved greatly since the start of the season. His passing is crisper, more ambitious and incisive. IMO he’s playing far better than Johansen.

He’s working harder off the ball and is surprisingly quick. He’s covering Johansen an awful lot defensively currently. He seems to be more comfortable with the physicality too.

Encouraging.

100% agree.
Warbs and the team seem to have been doing some real work on him. Took him out after his mare v Barnsley (tbf, he wasn't the only one), and have re-introduced him to great effect.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Andre Dozzell on 14:17 - Nov 21 with 7109 viewsdmm

This is what QPR are becoming good at; identifying potential and providing excellent coaching to realise it.

At 22 we'll see Dozzell further improve and the lad has his best years ahead of him. Well done to him and everyone involved.

More of this please Rangers.
Andre Dozzell on 15:59 - Nov 21 with 6981 viewsdanehoop

Andre Dozzell on 14:17 - Nov 21 by dmm

This is what QPR are becoming good at; identifying potential and providing excellent coaching to realise it.

At 22 we'll see Dozzell further improve and the lad has his best years ahead of him. Well done to him and everyone involved.

More of this please Rangers.

I think what is interesting is how they are looking to further develop the strengths of each player, not just working on building up other areas of their game which might need improving. That, along with clearly is a really strong team spirit, seems to be giving real confidence to the younger players. Just look at how far Willock has come for us in a relatively short space of time. Similar with Chair who is now one of our most experienced players, a full international and surely will be playing at the next level very soon.

Never knowingly understood

Andre Dozzell on 17:49 - Nov 21 with 6878 viewsBeckenhamhoop

I’d love to hear from the man himself about his progress, being subbed early v Barnsley, the coaching he’s receiving, what he’s learned from Johansen and what he thinks about his potential. Any chance of getting him on the podcast Clive/Flo/Finney?
Andre Dozzell on 20:06 - Nov 21 with 6715 viewsNorthLondonR

Andre Dozzell on 17:49 - Nov 21 by Beckenhamhoop

I’d love to hear from the man himself about his progress, being subbed early v Barnsley, the coaching he’s receiving, what he’s learned from Johansen and what he thinks about his potential. Any chance of getting him on the podcast Clive/Flo/Finney?

It's a really weird one as I thought he was excellent, yet when Field came on, Johansen came alive and I am so confident we'll be so much better when those two rekindle their partnership.
Andre Dozzell on 20:24 - Nov 21 with 6673 viewsrobith

It's great to see him improve week by week. Every game he seems to be a little bit more comfortable at this level
Andre Dozzell on 21:12 - Nov 21 with 6585 viewsgazza1

Thought he had a decent first half, not so much in the 2nd. Improving from the start of the season, good left foot. Only 22, apparently, so looks as though he has a chance. Needs to continue with the progress he has made.
Andre Dozzell on 21:25 - Nov 21 with 6568 viewsHunterhoop

Andre Dozzell on 20:06 - Nov 21 by NorthLondonR

It's a really weird one as I thought he was excellent, yet when Field came on, Johansen came alive and I am so confident we'll be so much better when those two rekindle their partnership.

At the minute, if we keep this shape, it’s Field and Dozzell for me.

Johansen has got to get back that yard he’s lost, improve his passing accuracy, abd work harder off the ball to keep his place. I know that’s not the narrative, abd undoubtedly has class, but he is well off his game and is getting a very easy ride from fans so far. Dozzell is outplaying him, and Field is the best defensive midfielder we have, and this side needs a defensive midfielder!

I’d love Johansen to find that improvement and return to last season’s form; but call a spade a spade, he’s nowhere near it at the minute. Dozzell is playing well though.
Andre Dozzell on 22:03 - Nov 22 with 6137 viewsgazza1

SJ is not playing well and has not been for some weeks......I watch Field with interest. I like the look of Amos thus far.
Andre Dozzell on 13:56 - Nov 23 with 5796 viewsqprd

Way too left footed, to the point where he has to forgo passing to large swaths of the pitch to get it onto his left

nonetheless, has come along quite well

i initially thought he was quite lightweight in midfield... but like willock last year, has become much more of a physical presence in the last few weeks

if he could develop even a semblance of a right foot, could be a very good player
Andre Dozzell on 14:15 - Nov 23 with 5759 viewsAntti_Heinola

Andre Dozzell on 13:56 - Nov 23 by qprd

Way too left footed, to the point where he has to forgo passing to large swaths of the pitch to get it onto his left

i initially thought he was quite lightweight in midfield... but like willock last year, has become much more of a physical presence in the last few weeks

if he could develop even a semblance of a right foot, could be a very good player

no one ever says this about right footers.
not saying you're wrong, but weird how it's always aimed at left-footers.
Call me a woke snowflake if you like, but this smacks of blatant discrimination against People of the Left Persuasian (and i don't mean Bazza).

Bare bones.

Andre Dozzell on 14:52 - Nov 23 with 5697 viewsterryb

As somebody who is very much left footed, I can assure you that my right foot was far better than the left foot of most right footed players I played with. And that includes ex professionals!

I had to put up with this nonsense throughout my thirty years playing time. It's one of lifes peculiarities that this rubbish is constantly narrated. As is the crap that "we all have a cultured left foot"!

Nearly every player, at all levels, uses both of their feet, but it is only natural to use your most trusted foot IF the situation allows you a choice.

Back to Andre Dozzell. I was not in favour of Rangers signing him, but I believe that he has improved greatly during this season & will be an asset to us.
Andre Dozzell on 15:04 - Nov 23 with 5682 viewsfrancisbowles

Isn't it just that he is similar to Johansen in that he favours his left. In an ideal world one of them would be right footed.
Andre Dozzell on 15:36 - Nov 23 with 5633 viewsterryb

Andre Dozzell on 15:04 - Nov 23 by francisbowles

Isn't it just that he is similar to Johansen in that he favours his left. In an ideal world one of them would be right footed.

In an ideal world perhaps, but that would apply if you had two right footed players in central midfield as well.

Two left footed players unbalances the team no more than two right footed players would. The same applies to two centre halves, two forwards, two wingers, two full backs etc.

I can't remember any critisism being made of being too right footed when Leach, Venables & Francis formed the midfield three in a promotion season.
Andre Dozzell on 16:21 - Nov 23 with 5568 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

A lesson in having the right player at the right club.

Ipswich fans very much sceptical about the move weren’t they.
Andre Dozzell on 16:50 - Nov 23 with 5524 viewsqprd

Andre Dozzell on 14:15 - Nov 23 by Antti_Heinola

Call me a woke snowflake if you like, but this smacks of blatant discrimination against People of the Left Persuasian (and i don't mean Bazza).

left footers and gingers are the two remaining groups for whom its acceptable to discriminate

perhaps thats true, i did notice the same with tom carroll so maybe i just notice it with left footers

having said that, i think if people pay attention, theyll notice that dozzell maybe only plays a handful of passes with his right foot the entire match.... im not sure if the right footers in the squad are similar, but i have noticed it with dozzell... and it does seem like he often changes his body shape and his passing range to accommodate his left foot...

still, loads of room to improve, and im sure he will
Andre Dozzell on 17:19 - Nov 23 with 5476 viewsPhilmyRs

Andre Dozzell on 14:15 - Nov 23 by Antti_Heinola

Think the vast majority of people that play football are right footed - talking all football, not just the pro game. In my younger days it was not unusual to play a decent 11 a side game where only 1 or 2 were lefties, sometimes none. Naturally the right footed players will adapt more as players will have to fill those positions. A left footer by contrast is often pigeon holed from the start to the left side and rarely gets the chance to develop their right foot to the extent of right footed players. Well that’s my take on it anyway and for as long as I’ve watched the game some of the most cultured players - Hagi, Maradona, the Bulgarian forward, Suker - all seemed to have very weak right pegs. Don’t get me wrong, it’s changing and not so obvious these days - especially with the fascination of playing left footers on the right to allow them to cut in - but I do think the arguments for them being weaker with their right foot did seem to be accurate for a while.
Andre Dozzell on 17:22 - Nov 23 with 5467 viewsPhilmyRs

Andre Dozzell on 17:19 - Nov 23 by PhilmyRs

Think the vast majority of people that play football are right footed - talking all football, not just the pro game. In my younger days it was not unusual to play a decent 11 a side game where only 1 or 2 were lefties, sometimes none. Naturally the right footed players will adapt more as players will have to fill those positions. A left footer by contrast is often pigeon holed from the start to the left side and rarely gets the chance to develop their right foot to the extent of right footed players. Well that’s my take on it anyway and for as long as I’ve watched the game some of the most cultured players - Hagi, Maradona, the Bulgarian forward, Suker - all seemed to have very weak right pegs. Don’t get me wrong, it’s changing and not so obvious these days - especially with the fascination of playing left footers on the right to allow them to cut in - but I do think the arguments for them being weaker with their right foot did seem to be accurate for a while.

Oh and RE Dozzell, he looks a decent addition, an upgrade on Tom C which is good business by the club. Would like to see him chip in with a goal or 2 as I think with our system allowing him to arrive late in the box could yield some decent return although that would take him away from his comfort zone of knocking it around just inside the opposition’s half. All in all, a good signing
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024