Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A puzzle to be solved - Preview 19:22 - Nov 23 with 2748 viewsNorthernr

A puzzle to be solved - Preview 23rd Nov 2021 19:12
Just as history told us Luton's visit on Friday would probably yield three points for QPR, so the arrival of high-flying Huddersfield on Wednesday should set teeth on edge. 8

A puzzle to be solved - Preview on 20:52 - Nov 23 with 2534 viewsextratimeR

Yes, I had forgotten how poor we were at Huddersfield last season, have vague memories of our players passing into huge green empty spaces, ( more likely to find deer grazing than a QPR player).

But optimistic got tomorrow night.
A puzzle to be solved - Preview on 20:53 - Nov 23 with 2533 viewsextratimeR

( not actually sure deer graze?)
A puzzle to be solved - Preview on 21:39 - Nov 23 with 2434 viewscolinallcars

A puzzle to be solved - Preview on 20:53 - Nov 23 by extratimeR

( not actually sure deer graze?)

I grazed my knees coming out of the King's Arms once.
A puzzle to be solved - Preview on 21:41 - Nov 23 with 2428 viewsdannyblue

A puzzle to be solved - Preview on 21:39 - Nov 23 by colinallcars

I grazed my knees coming out of the King's Arms once.

did he drop you?
A puzzle to be solved - Preview on 21:54 - Nov 23 with 2399 viewscolinallcars

A puzzle to be solved - Preview on 21:41 - Nov 23 by dannyblue

did he drop you?

Excellent !
A puzzle to be solved - Preview on 23:31 - Nov 23 with 2220 viewsdaveB

I used to use club call (0898 12 11 62) all the time, spent that weeks rent money listening to live commentary of the Port Vale game in a phone box in Middlesbrough and put my foot through the glass door celebrating the spencer goal to make it 4-4.

In the early 90's I used to ring for commentary of away games and team news on a Friday at my Nans house not realising they had an itemised phone bill so when the bill came through with a load of 0898 numbers my Nan called me a pervert whilst my Grandad looked on with relief when Nan called the first number on the bill and was met with Incenzo rather than naughty nurses number which appeared further down the bill.
A puzzle to be solved - Preview on 10:02 - Nov 24 with 1780 viewsBklynRanger

Quality bit of writing, real atmosphere and clarity to it - get on with that book!

(And why do the early 2000s seem more and more like the 80s or 90s these days?)
A puzzle to be solved - Preview on 10:40 - Nov 24 with 1718 viewsToast_R

How cold is it going to be tonight!!!
Login to get fewer ads

A puzzle to be solved - Preview on 10:42 - Nov 24 with 1717 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I got Richard Pacquette to play for England.

He's still playing at 38 for Harefield United.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

A puzzle to be solved - Preview on 11:16 - Nov 24 with 1649 viewsTheChef

A puzzle to be solved - Preview on 23:31 - Nov 23 by daveB

I used to use club call (0898 12 11 62) all the time, spent that weeks rent money listening to live commentary of the Port Vale game in a phone box in Middlesbrough and put my foot through the glass door celebrating the spencer goal to make it 4-4.

In the early 90's I used to ring for commentary of away games and team news on a Friday at my Nans house not realising they had an itemised phone bill so when the bill came through with a load of 0898 numbers my Nan called me a pervert whilst my Grandad looked on with relief when Nan called the first number on the bill and was met with Incenzo rather than naughty nurses number which appeared further down the bill.

I was at uni in Birmingham so fortunately the game was shown on Central.

My house mates all gave up at half time and went out, I was glad I stayed put on the sofa. Of course they didn't believe me when they got back and I told them the full time score (back in the days when no one had mobiles).

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

A puzzle to be solved - Preview on 12:01 - Nov 24 with 1592 viewsdaveB

A puzzle to be solved - Preview on 11:16 - Nov 24 by TheChef

I was at uni in Birmingham so fortunately the game was shown on Central.

My house mates all gave up at half time and went out, I was glad I stayed put on the sofa. Of course they didn't believe me when they got back and I told them the full time score (back in the days when no one had mobiles).

That was also the day I fell back into our halls of residence with a bottle of vodka in one hand and coke in the other pouring them both in my mouth like a right prat singing about Johnny Spencer and a girl who lived above us was sat in our kitchen asking "who's that prick" got talking to me and is now my wife. Who said romance was dead. She still blames John Spencer now.
A puzzle to be solved - Preview on 13:57 - Nov 24 with 1426 viewsSuperhoop83

Great preview.

The memories of Ceefax reminded me of something that happened in 1996, although you probably had to be there.

My father-in-law will happily watch whatever is on the TV - put it on and he'll just sit there quietly and watch. After playing a Sunday league match one day I rang my girlfriend (now wife) and asked her to check the Tranmere v QPR result on Ceefax. She went to the TV and came back to the phone - in the hallway - to give me the good news that the Hoops had won 3-2. We then carried on talking for half an hour at least and when my girlfriend went back into the front room her dad was still sitting there looking at the result on Ceefax. We were the only Division One game that day.

As I say, you probably had to be there.

Suffering since 1978.

A puzzle to be solved - Preview on 21:59 - Nov 24 with 1018 viewsMatch82

Huddersfield? Completed it mate.
A puzzle to be solved - Preview on 22:09 - Nov 24 with 1006 viewsCiderwithRsie

Amazing how addictive Clubcall was when there wasn't anything else. I rang it once in the close season just to hear an interview with Warren Neill, and he didn't even play for us at the time (though he did refer to Rangers as "us" and "we" throughout which I put to his credit even today.)
A puzzle to be solved - Preview on 23:08 - Nov 24 with 956 viewsLazyFan

Puzzled solved I believe!

Got any sudoku?

zzzzzzzzzz

A puzzle to be solved - Preview on 23:28 - Nov 24 with 938 viewsAntti_Heinola

A puzzle to be solved - Preview on 10:42 - Nov 24 by Metallica_Hoop

I got Richard Pacquette to play for England.

He's still playing at 38 for Harefield United.

So weird Pacquette came up in that preview. He was in one of my regular QPR dreams the other night, playing up front for us.

Bare bones.

A puzzle to be solved - Preview on 07:28 - Nov 25 with 781 viewskernowhoop

A puzzle to be solved - Preview on 23:31 - Nov 23 by daveB

There were days (too many of them) when a QPR fan's well-being was much better preserved by a call to that other number than one to the club call one.
A puzzle to be solved - Preview on 08:41 - Nov 25 with 726 viewsLoftgirl

A puzzle to be solved - Preview on 07:28 - Nov 25 by kernowhoop

There were days (too many of them) when a QPR fan's well-being was much better preserved by a call to that other number than one to the club call one.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024