Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Malta....any good? 15:11 - Nov 25 with 2143 viewsRangersDave

Going on Friday for a week.
any recommendations?

Cheers
Dave

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Malta....any good? on 15:12 - Nov 25 with 2129 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

St Pauls Bay (?) was beautiful and full of nice restaurants next to the harbour.
Malta....any good? on 15:21 - Nov 25 with 2095 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

A friend went in the summer and did a day trip to Valetta which is apparently very nice!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Malta....any good? on 15:59 - Nov 25 with 2018 viewscyprusmel

Valletta we found interesting, take time out to watch the film "The Malta Experience" while your there it tells you the history of the Island from the Knights through the 2nd world war years up to the present time.

Visit the underground war rooms and if your inclined you can see where actor Oliver Reed met his maker in a bar called "Pub".
There is very good museum with plenty of historic items.

Spend a day at Gozo a short ferry ride away. Beautiful harbour, don't visit the dog shelter, we did and ended up flying two dogs Gino and Charlie back to the U.K.

Mosta Church or the miracle of Mosta as the Maltese call it where the congregation was sheltering from a heavy air raid when a bomb smashed through the dome bounced around inside the church missed everybody and failed to explode.

Medina the silent city, St Pauls already mentioned and Bugibba seaside towns. Plenty to see in Malta for a weeks break.
Malta....any good? on 16:05 - Nov 25 with 2004 viewsBoston

Got a tattoo there about 40 years ago. Lucky that it turned out ok as I had to pull the ‘artist’ out of a local bar. But, enough of me, yes, I thought Malta was a great little spot.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Malta....any good? on 18:24 - Nov 25 with 1876 viewshantssi

Malta....any good? on 15:59 - Nov 25 by cyprusmel

Valletta we found interesting, take time out to watch the film "The Malta Experience" while your there it tells you the history of the Island from the Knights through the 2nd world war years up to the present time.

Visit the underground war rooms and if your inclined you can see where actor Oliver Reed met his maker in a bar called "Pub".
There is very good museum with plenty of historic items.

Spend a day at Gozo a short ferry ride away. Beautiful harbour, don't visit the dog shelter, we did and ended up flying two dogs Gino and Charlie back to the U.K.

Mosta Church or the miracle of Mosta as the Maltese call it where the congregation was sheltering from a heavy air raid when a bomb smashed through the dome bounced around inside the church missed everybody and failed to explode.

Medina the silent city, St Pauls already mentioned and Bugibba seaside towns. Plenty to see in Malta for a weeks break.

This.
I’d also add the caves you get a boat to where it looks like the boat is floating.
I’d also say that Game of Thrones was filmed in Medina.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 18:25]
Malta....any good? on 18:30 - Nov 25 with 1863 viewsdmm

Definitely worth getting a car to whiz around the island. I'd also recommend popping over to Gozo.
Malta....any good? on 19:11 - Nov 25 with 1788 viewskensalriser

Malta....any good? on 18:30 - Nov 25 by dmm

Definitely worth getting a car to whiz around the island. I'd also recommend popping over to Gozo.

Maybe not in the car though.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Malta....any good? on 19:18 - Nov 25 with 1772 viewsBoston

Malta....any good? on 19:11 - Nov 25 by kensalriser

Maybe not in the car though.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=floating+car&docid=608051615622124046&a

Login to get fewer ads

Malta....any good? on 19:20 - Nov 25 with 1768 viewsMick_S

Malta....any good? on 19:18 - Nov 25 by Boston

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=floating+car&docid=608051615622124046&a

I see your floating car and raise you this:

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Malta....any good? on 19:25 - Nov 25 with 1759 viewsdmm

Malta....any good? on 18:30 - Nov 25 by dmm

So that's where it all went wrong...
Malta....any good? on 20:56 - Nov 25 with 1683 viewsMyke

No - by some distance the worst foreign holiday I was ever on.
Malta....any good? on 21:46 - Nov 25 with 1608 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Malta....any good? on 20:56 - Nov 25 by Myke

No - by some distance the worst foreign holiday I was ever on.

It must have been bad. You are normally so positive!
Malta....any good? on 22:14 - Nov 25 with 1578 viewsMyke

Malta....any good? on 21:46 - Nov 25 by BazzaInTheLoft

It must have been bad. You are normally so positive!

It was shocking - long time ago mind. But couldn't seem to find a decent sandy beach (all pebbles) and haunted every five yards by that time-share scam that was all the rage back in the day. Hotel was not what it said on the tin either. Never been back, could be grand now in fairness.
Malta....any good? on 23:27 - Nov 25 with 1495 viewsthame_hoops

We enjoyed it, but found the people not very friendly, and a few people I spoke to said the same. They do seem to be proud that the Popeye film was made there 😂
Malta....any good? on 01:07 - Nov 26 with 1458 viewsBoston

Malta....any good? on 23:27 - Nov 25 by thame_hoops

We enjoyed it, but found the people not very friendly, and a few people I spoke to said the same. They do seem to be proud that the Popeye film was made there 😂

I thought the locals were super, got on like a house on fire.

Malta....any good? on 11:18 - Nov 26 with 1315 viewsRangersDave

Thanks guys, some good ideas there.

I'm looking forward to it.

Cheers
Dave

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Malta....any good? on 11:38 - Nov 26 with 1288 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Was there only once. For three days to watch Ireland qualify for the '90 World Cup. Spent three days in bed with the flu and three nights drinking with (variously) my Dad, some dodgy local lad with a perm and a tache, my Brother, Johnny Byrne, Niall Quinn and Paul McGrath. Our taxi to the game overturned on a roundabout, Jack Charlton refused to sign autographs and said "Oo the fúck are yoo?" to me, so I tore him a new one, Gary Waddock was the nicest man in the world, we gatecrashed the players' hotel, Johnny Byrne was the king of the chat-up merchants, the party was biblical and I collapsed again with the flu.

I can give you the travel agent's number, if the above appeals to you?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Malta....any good? on 11:54 - Nov 27 with 1110 viewsdubaistu

Incredible place, my mate owns The Thirsty Barber in St Julian's. If you head there DM me and I'll make sure you're looked after.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024