Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Disney + Unable to subscribe 22:40 - Nov 25 with 3850 viewsGloryHunter

Any streams for the Beatles film?
Disney + Unable to subscribe on 23:03 - Nov 25 with 3330 viewsstowmarketrange

I’m about 1/2 way through episode 1 and it gets a bit repetitive.Still good to see them at work in their heyday though.
Disney + Unable to subscribe on 23:22 - Nov 25 with 3308 viewsGloryHunter

Yeah, the reviews I've read seem to say that episode three is the only one worth watching. Still, I thought I'd give it a go at £7.99 for the month. But the site was clearly too busy to take the money off my credit card. After all that marketing, you'd have thought they'd be geared up for a rush. I imagine it will soon be available for free somewhere.
Disney + Unable to subscribe on 23:25 - Nov 25 with 3296 viewsthame_hoops

Disney+ is amazing value. So much good content, Simpsons, Star Wars, Marvel, plus loads of films that are not on any other streaming sites. Well worth the money.
Disney + Unable to subscribe on 04:13 - Nov 26 with 3200 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Missus got 3 months subscription for £8 of Tesco clubcard vouchers. Just has to remember to cancel the subscription as it automatically renews at the prevailing rate.
Disney + Unable to subscribe on 10:55 - Nov 26 with 3057 viewsA40Bosh

Disney + Unable to subscribe on 23:03 - Nov 25 by stowmarketrange

I’m about 1/2 way through episode 1 and it gets a bit repetitive.Still good to see them at work in their heyday though.

For the more casual Beatles fan I think it could get boring and repetitive with episode 1 coming in at 2hr 30, but for a fanatic like myself I can't get enough of it. I just enjoy watching the evolution of these songs from the mumbling of non realised lyrics through to the final product. Ok, I'll grant you the Yoko "vocal performance" towards the end of the 1st episode did test my patience!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Disney + Unable to subscribe on 11:05 - Nov 26 with 3035 viewsShadow

Disney + Unable to subscribe on 10:55 - Nov 26 by A40Bosh

For the more casual Beatles fan I think it could get boring and repetitive with episode 1 coming in at 2hr 30, but for a fanatic like myself I can't get enough of it. I just enjoy watching the evolution of these songs from the mumbling of non realised lyrics through to the final product. Ok, I'll grant you the Yoko "vocal performance" towards the end of the 1st episode did test my patience!

There was a 1 day offer for a £1.99 introduction offer for Disney+ last week so, being a Beatles fan, I took up the offer.

I'm about 2/3 way through episode 1 - it's going to be my commute entertainment today - and am absolutely loving it.

It's been fascinating seeing the dynamics of the band in full motion, the development of songs and, of course, the build up to the break up.

What I have found interesting is that when the sessions first started there was a clear sense of camaraderie and being a 'band of brothers' (pardon the pun) but you can see Paul especially become increasingly frustrated while John seems to be going through the motions at some times. Paul's 'I've been the boss for the last 2 years' comment was telling.
Disney + Unable to subscribe on 15:56 - Nov 26 with 2953 viewsA40Bosh

Disney + Unable to subscribe on 11:05 - Nov 26 by Shadow

There was a 1 day offer for a £1.99 introduction offer for Disney+ last week so, being a Beatles fan, I took up the offer.

I'm about 2/3 way through episode 1 - it's going to be my commute entertainment today - and am absolutely loving it.

It's been fascinating seeing the dynamics of the band in full motion, the development of songs and, of course, the build up to the break up.

What I have found interesting is that when the sessions first started there was a clear sense of camaraderie and being a 'band of brothers' (pardon the pun) but you can see Paul especially become increasingly frustrated while John seems to be going through the motions at some times. Paul's 'I've been the boss for the last 2 years' comment was telling.

Yes, very telling that Lennon seems to be happy to take a back seat and let McCartney try to drive things along. I saw elsewhere someone pass a comment that Lennon was effectively a heroin addict at the time and the physical changes in his looks and weight between 65/66 through to the late 60s is like watching a completely different person than the fella singing love me do 6 years before - he was still not even 30 when that film was made.

It will be interesting to see (when me and the brother tuck in to episode 2 at 5pm tonight) how the convince George to come back in as clearly he was disillusioned with what he was seeing in front of his eyes and the plans for the foreign gig. He probably felt he was still being seen as the little brother in the corner by Lennon and McCartney even though he felt his latest compositions were on a par with McCartney's in the last year or so.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Disney + Unable to subscribe on 16:00 - Nov 26 with 2939 viewsShadow

Disney + Unable to subscribe on 15:56 - Nov 26 by A40Bosh

Yes, very telling that Lennon seems to be happy to take a back seat and let McCartney try to drive things along. I saw elsewhere someone pass a comment that Lennon was effectively a heroin addict at the time and the physical changes in his looks and weight between 65/66 through to the late 60s is like watching a completely different person than the fella singing love me do 6 years before - he was still not even 30 when that film was made.

It will be interesting to see (when me and the brother tuck in to episode 2 at 5pm tonight) how the convince George to come back in as clearly he was disillusioned with what he was seeing in front of his eyes and the plans for the foreign gig. He probably felt he was still being seen as the little brother in the corner by Lennon and McCartney even though he felt his latest compositions were on a par with McCartney's in the last year or so.

I found George so frustrating in what I've seen so far.

We know he's a great song writer and yet his entire attitude was 'you can like it if you want, and not if you don't'. If he only he had been more assertive...

Ringo is coming across as I expected though, just happy to be there!
Login to get fewer ads

Disney + Unable to subscribe on 16:03 - Nov 26 with 2937 viewsA40Bosh

Disney + Unable to subscribe on 16:00 - Nov 26 by Shadow

I found George so frustrating in what I've seen so far.

We know he's a great song writer and yet his entire attitude was 'you can like it if you want, and not if you don't'. If he only he had been more assertive...

Ringo is coming across as I expected though, just happy to be there!

Little did Ringo know back during those sessions that this was only preparation for his ultimate rise to fame and his greatest achievement

Thomas The Tank Engine!

Disney + Unable to subscribe on 09:41 - Nov 28 with 2740 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Only watched the first half an hour last night and I'm hoping it's a slow burner.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Disney + Unable to subscribe on 15:07 - Nov 28 with 2614 viewsShadow

Disney + Unable to subscribe on 09:41 - Nov 28 by BrianMcCarthy

Only watched the first half an hour last night and I'm hoping it's a slow burner.

You need to not look at it as a conventional documentary but as an opportunity to be a part of the recording sessions and being given an opportunity to see the dynamics of the band and how the break up accelerated during this period.

It will be boring if you can't see it from that perspective but a wonderful experience if you can 👍
Disney + Unable to subscribe on 17:28 - Nov 28 with 2579 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Disney + Unable to subscribe on 23:25 - Nov 25 by thame_hoops

Disney+ is amazing value. So much good content, Simpsons, Star Wars, Marvel, plus loads of films that are not on any other streaming sites. Well worth the money.

Looks a bit Micky Mouse to me....!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Disney + Unable to subscribe on 20:00 - Nov 28 with 2506 viewsPhildo

I thought the bit early on when McCartney conjures Get Back out of nowhere was amazing to watch.
Disney + Unable to subscribe on 07:28 - Nov 29 with 2364 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Disney + Unable to subscribe on 15:07 - Nov 28 by Shadow

You need to not look at it as a conventional documentary but as an opportunity to be a part of the recording sessions and being given an opportunity to see the dynamics of the band and how the break up accelerated during this period.

It will be boring if you can't see it from that perspective but a wonderful experience if you can 👍

True. I'm hoping it will end up like 'Revolutions in their Head', a cracking book . Gives a great insight into the studio dynamics, particularly at the end.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Disney + Unable to subscribe on 08:04 - Nov 29 with 2345 viewsdaveB

is each episode really 3 hours long?
Disney + Unable to subscribe on 09:00 - Nov 29 with 2286 viewsMaggsinho

Disney + Unable to subscribe on 08:04 - Nov 29 by daveB

More like between 2-3 hours each, the total running time is eight hours.

It doesn't feel like it though, just kind of washes over you. I thought it was great.
Disney + Unable to subscribe on 09:10 - Nov 29 with 2273 viewsGloryHunter

Thanks to all the Rs who have helped me to watch this.

My mind is being well and truly blown by this film. Can you believe these grown men referring to their recently deceased manager (who was only six years older than Lennon and Starr) as MISTER Epstein!
[Post edited 29 Nov 2021 9:12]
Disney + Unable to subscribe on 09:20 - Nov 29 with 2259 viewsjohann28

Disney + Unable to subscribe on 08:04 - Nov 29 by daveB

1) 2 h rs 36 mins

2) 2 h rs 53 mins

3) 2 hrs 18 mins

So will undoubtedly try the patience of many, but for fans like me it could have gone on for days and I wouldn't have minded - quite the contrary. A work of art.
Disney + Unable to subscribe on 09:27 - Nov 29 with 2253 viewsA40Bosh

I am trying to put off from watching Ep 3 for as long as possible as I don't want it to end

As someone who has spent hours and hours analysing the sound of PM and his various basses it is interesting to see how much of the live sessions were actually with PM on the piano with JL or GH playing the bass lines on a Fender Bass V1 guitar, which is pretty horrible sounding instrument to my ears.

As said above, much of the infighting and faffing around with the film producer would not have been allowed to happen if Epstein was alive as he would have been protecting them from outside interferences

Amazing documentary and credit to Peter Jackson's team for getting it looking so good too

Disney + Unable to subscribe on 09:32 - Nov 29 with 2238 viewsdaveB

Disney + Unable to subscribe on 09:00 - Nov 29 by Maggsinho

More like between 2-3 hours each, the total running time is eight hours.

It doesn't feel like it though, just kind of washes over you. I thought it was great.

blimey I thought that was a misprint when i signed into disney yesterday. Will give it a go, does sound good
Disney + Unable to subscribe on 09:35 - Nov 29 with 2235 viewsPhildo

Disney + Unable to subscribe on 09:27 - Nov 29 by A40Bosh

I am trying to put off from watching Ep 3 for as long as possible as I don't want it to end

As someone who has spent hours and hours analysing the sound of PM and his various basses it is interesting to see how much of the live sessions were actually with PM on the piano with JL or GH playing the bass lines on a Fender Bass V1 guitar, which is pretty horrible sounding instrument to my ears.

As said above, much of the infighting and faffing around with the film producer would not have been allowed to happen if Epstein was alive as he would have been protecting them from outside interferences

Amazing documentary and credit to Peter Jackson's team for getting it looking so good too

I loved it but I saw someone say its like watching a test match - if you like cricket its enthralling if you don't its just tedious

Must have been pretty tough watching your best mate go under the spell of Heroin like that
Disney + Unable to subscribe on 09:36 - Nov 29 with 2224 viewsA40Bosh

Disney + Unable to subscribe on 09:35 - Nov 29 by Phildo

I loved it but I saw someone say its like watching a test match - if you like cricket its enthralling if you don't its just tedious

Must have been pretty tough watching your best mate go under the spell of Heroin like that

Test Cricket is a great analogy

Disney + Unable to subscribe on 23:07 - Nov 29 with 2016 viewsToast_R

Watched an hour of Episode 1 and it was boring. Fly on the wall stuff watching them rehearse and faff around with song arrangements. You have to be pretty hard-core to sit through it IMO.
Disney + Unable to subscribe on 09:34 - Nov 30 with 1913 viewsGloryHunter

Disney + Unable to subscribe on 23:07 - Nov 29 by Toast_R

Watched an hour of Episode 1 and it was boring. Fly on the wall stuff watching them rehearse and faff around with song arrangements. You have to be pretty hard-core to sit through it IMO.

I think you just have to have been alive at that time. Anyone who wasn't will not appreciate how massive the Beatles phenomenon was, and how those songs were the background to our lives.
Disney + Unable to subscribe on 13:58 - Dec 3 with 1671 viewsGloryHunter

This is worth watching for 15 mins. Explains why the film was a record of some historical times:

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024