Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spreading the goal-scoring around 12:54 - Nov 27 with 1362 viewsMyke

Just comparing the goals for with the individual Championship top scorers (slow day sh1t weather ) and it makes interesting reading. We are fourth in the goalscoring charts, behind Fulham, Bournemouth and Blackburn, yet joint ELEVENTH in the top individual scorers, with Chair and Dykes on six. Obviously Mitrovic, and to a lesser extent, Bererton and Solanke have being making the headlines, but considering our much heralded 30 games in a row (goes back into last season I know), and our overall league campaign, it just goes to show how much we are spreading the goal-scoring responsibilities around.

I think this is a good thing, while obviously it is brilliant watching one player tearing it up - like Austin in his pomp - but an over-reliance on that player (particularly in the case of Bournemouth or Blackburn) can see things turn pear-shaped pretty quickly if they lose form or get injured. We, on the other hand, have players popping up to chip in with vital goals, like Amos during the week for example. Johansen hasn't scored yet and expecting a few from Dunne too.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2021 12:55]
Spreading the goal-scoring around on 13:06 - Nov 27 with 1327 viewsdmm

Yep, I always prefer seeing goals scored throughout the squad. Ideally it would be good to have the CMs and even WBs notching up a few more, but no matter really as long as they keep going in.
Spreading the goal-scoring around on 13:40 - Nov 27 with 1251 viewsbosh67

If Dickie doesn't score a 30 yarder soon we should drop him! :)

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Spreading the goal-scoring around on 15:51 - Nov 27 with 1112 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Spreading the goal-scoring around on 13:40 - Nov 27 by bosh67

If Dickie doesn't score a 30 yarder soon we should drop him! :)

You can drop him then…

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Spreading the goal-scoring around on 16:27 - Nov 27 with 1049 viewsW7Ranger

Didn't Stef score against Reading?
Spreading the goal-scoring around on 16:35 - Nov 27 with 1026 viewsMick_S

Spreading the goal-scoring around on 16:27 - Nov 27 by W7Ranger

The equaliser. Bonkers.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Spreading the goal-scoring around on 16:36 - Nov 27 with 1025 viewsdmm

Spreading the goal-scoring around on 16:27 - Nov 27 by W7Ranger

Yes, that's his one goal for the season so far.
Spreading the goal-scoring around on 16:49 - Nov 27 with 1003 viewsnix

Spreading the goal-scoring around on 16:36 - Nov 27 by dmm

Yes, that's his one goal for the season so far.

But what a moment! Right in front of us, the players AND the fans went nuts. Brilliant and felt like a win.
Spreading the goal-scoring around on 17:33 - Nov 27 with 947 viewsMyke

Spreading the goal-scoring around on 16:35 - Nov 27 by Mick_S

The equaliser. Bonkers.

Crikey how could I forget that!
Login to get fewer ads

Spreading the goal-scoring around on 00:56 - Nov 28 with 759 viewsCiderwithRsie

It also makes for more interesting football, I think - goals can come from all over the pitch, or all sorts of plays, not just the standard approach which suits your brilliant striker.

Clive Allen famously scored 49 in a season for Spurs, 33 of them in the League plus a load in the FA Cup. They finished 3rd and lost the Cup Final, that side never won anything.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024