Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warbs 02:45 - Nov 30 with 1826 viewspaulhoop2

Aside from warnock who was the last manager that compares.

I think we have to go back to Gerry Francis 1st time round. A manager we are so lucky to have something special is brewing what could possibly go wrong ?!

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Warbs on 07:35 - Nov 30 with 1619 viewsNorthantsHoop

Great appointment in 2019. What has impressed me is that he fits QPR and understands the club and he has been given time to build with a great coaching staff an exciting football team that is starting to go places and be a force in the Championship.
Warbs on 07:51 - Nov 30 with 1575 viewsRs_Holy

when Warbs speaks he reminds me of Gerry quite a bit. He tends to repeat himself (in a Gerry type way) but I love his honesty and when we are good he always seems to focus on the team and squad all contributing.
Amazing that there are still a few who don't rate him ... he is a good manager and clearly has the ability to improve players. Look at what he inherited and what we have now. So many fans were up in arms when he sold Darnell Furlong but he needed to get some cash to freshen up the squad and immediately spent it wisely. If he can maintain the current standards I wonder which clubs will come sniffing in our direction the summer???
Warbs on 07:58 - Nov 30 with 1557 viewsstevec

Hard to think of a parallel but good going forward with Henry Mancini at the back does have a touch of the Gordon Jago’s about this side.

Warbs is doing great but I can’t elevate him to Jago levels quite yet.
Warbs on 08:03 - Nov 30 with 1533 viewskingsburyR

Anyone that doesn't rate him needs their head testing!

Table position aside its the best team I've seen down our place in quite some time.

The vultures will come calling for the very best we have but I have every confidence he will replace.

(Although I'm concerned about not having Dieng and Chair in Jan!)

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Warbs on 08:16 - Nov 30 with 1482 viewsdaveB

the football he has us playing no matter whether we win or lose is superb, every player is brave on the ball and takes risks, genuinely not seen a QPR side play that way since the early 90's.

it's noticeable each year how the standards are raised. First year he was pat on the back don't worry if you drop points trust the process, last night he was demanding they got a second goal and he is scathing of the team when they don't play well.

In my lifetime top managers are Venables, Francis, Holloway, Warnock, Smith and Howe. Warburton is certainly among them now, the turnaround since January is incredible
Warbs on 16:55 - Nov 30 with 1265 viewspaulhoop2

Some great replies there. I also concur regarding style of play. I love olly especially first time round how he dragged us up. But tactically he was naive. I remember under Jim Magilton the way we played was almost superb at times. I no longer laugh when he’s linked to the under 21 job at the FA. To be fair Chris Ramsey will go down as a poor manager but he’s also behind this current teams good form he’s heavily involved in coaching the 1st team during the week. Can’t remember when we last had so many good coaches either. Eustace and banfield highly rated too

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Warbs on 17:00 - Nov 30 with 1248 viewsBoston

Warbs on 07:58 - Nov 30 by stevec

Hard to think of a parallel but good going forward with Henry Mancini at the back does have a touch of the Gordon Jago’s about this side.

Warbs is doing great but I can’t elevate him to Jago levels quite yet.

We knew he was a fine manager but we didn’t realize how good Jago was until he was gone.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Warbs on 23:04 - Nov 30 with 1090 viewsDWQPR

Warbs on 17:00 - Nov 30 by Boston

We knew he was a fine manager but we didn’t realize how good Jago was until he was gone.

Exactly, although Sexton did provide the finishing touches and players from that team all talked about Sexton travelling to the continent each weekend to study how foreign teams played and implemented ideas into that team.

But this team is so reminiscent of the 1972-73 side with a mixture of old heads like Venables, Mancini and McLintock and a promising young keeper together with some real skill in Bowles and Francis.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Login to get fewer ads

Warbs on 23:17 - Nov 30 with 1048 viewsMyke

Warburton must be a good shout for manager of the month too
Warbs on 23:25 - Nov 30 with 1017 viewsstowmarketrange

Warbs on 23:17 - Nov 30 by Myke

Warburton must be a good shout for manager of the month too

Let’s hope not as we know the bad luck that award normally brings.
Warbs on 06:41 - Dec 1 with 878 viewsSuffolkHoop

Who knows how good we could’ve been under Gigi Di Canio.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024