Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby 08:00 - Nov 30 with 5264 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Given their predicament - admittedly self inflicted - I thought they made a bloody good fist of it last night.

A team in their situation could easily phone it in from now until August; Lord knows we’ve had many a player/team that did that over the years! But they appear to turn up for every game with a lot of players who I wouldn’t be surprised to learn their mums have packed them off to school with letters asking if their boy could be let off games today.

The numbers they get back to defend; they ran their socks off and all put a shift in. To be fair, they didn’t look like they’re giving up and I thought their performance said a lot about them.

Not my favourite person, but given all the variables I’d happily conceded that Rooney isn’t doing a bad job considering. Thought his post-match comments were refreshing and a cut above that plum from Luton.

Won’t cry if they go down, but fair dues to him and them!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Derby on 08:20 - Nov 30 with 3570 viewsdaveB

I think Liam Rosenior has a big part to play with them, always talks well about football and seems to have a big influence. Credit to Rooney though they are a well organised side who would comfortably stay up without the points deduction
Derby on 08:26 - Nov 30 with 3540 viewscpgerber

No-one likes to lose, no matter what the circumstances. I for one wouldn't go our there and just roll over. Many of these guys are hoping to still be in the championship (on a championship salary) next year, so pulling their socks now is the only way they will be seen. No-one is going to want to buy players who've plodded along for an entire season. Derby will need to sell the bigger earners or even release them, so the guys need to make themselves wanted by others.

We'll probably see them wane towards the end of the season, but this relatively early in the season there should still be some bite in the squad.

Unless they all believe they are able to launch a successful appeal against the points deductions.
Derby on 08:33 - Nov 30 with 3493 viewsSimplyNico

It will be interesting to see what happens come January. The administrators will likely sell Lawrence to keep paying the wages and then the attacking threat all but goes. It could deteriorate very quickly from there.

Good effort from them though.
Derby on 08:33 - Nov 30 with 3486 viewstoboboly

I thought their goal was really good from an attacking point of view, after that they had a few half chances but 2nd half seemed to just want full time and allowed us to dominate.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Derby on 08:41 - Nov 30 with 3446 viewsWatford_Ranger

Think they fed on the momentum of the crowd for 20 minutes or so but even without the points deduction they’re barely above the relegation zone and I think it showed. With those centre-halves they have no choice but sit deep which might have helped in their recent good results against the better sides but they pretty much need league winning form to stay up from here and think they’ll get picked off if relying on that team to play with the sort of intensity they did for the first part of last night.

Anyway, fck ‘em.
Derby on 08:50 - Nov 30 with 3380 viewsToast_R

Putting themselves in the shop window really though aren't they?

I thought Tom Lawrence's goal was fantastic but other than that, he was shite.
Derby on 08:53 - Nov 30 with 3367 viewsbosh67

Part of me really wants them to pull off the impossible. 26 games to go and they have to win at least 15 of them.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Derby on 08:59 - Nov 30 with 3339 viewsHAYESBOY

I think their midfield youngster Thompson looks a good prospect.
Think teams will be looking to poaching him come Jan or in the Summer.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Login to get fewer ads

Derby on 09:00 - Nov 30 with 3329 viewsfrancisbowles

I'll be happy if they take points off every other team in the top half of the table.
Derby on 09:18 - Nov 30 with 3233 viewsted_hendrix

In my opinion we should have been playing Wycombe Wanderers last night not Derby County.
The points deduction came far too late.
It's all been said and discussed before but they're you have It.
Bolox to em as far as I'm concerned.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Derby on 09:19 - Nov 30 with 3218 viewsterryb

Derby on 08:33 - Nov 30 by SimplyNico

It will be interesting to see what happens come January. The administrators will likely sell Lawrence to keep paying the wages and then the attacking threat all but goes. It could deteriorate very quickly from there.

Good effort from them though.

Will any club match the wages that Derby pay Lawrence? He doesn't have to agree to any transfer.

It may be far harder to get rid of him than many imagine.
Derby on 09:39 - Nov 30 with 3135 viewsrrrspricey

Just seen Rooney's post-match interview and i agree with him, 10/10 for effort but that's it for me.

Gave the ball away way too many times and there were a few wide attacks where they had no one in the box.

Other than the goal which was purely down to Dickie being too tight and travelling in the wrong direction at the wrong time (plus Clive's slating of Lawrence in his preview!) they offered nothing in an attacking sense.
Derby on 09:45 - Nov 30 with 3102 viewsRBlock

I'd happily snap up that Festy Ebosele on a cut price if possible. Didn't start, but came on at RWB. Really strong, good balance, very difficult to get the ball off of him. Only 19, plays in the Ireland U21s with Armstrong.

Derby have a great crop of youth players that were U18 Premier League Youth champions in 2019, then got to the quarters of the Uefa Youth League. Sibley, Buchanan, Whittaker, Knight, Bird.
Derby on 09:46 - Nov 30 with 3090 viewstoboboly

Derby on 09:45 - Nov 30 by RBlock

I'd happily snap up that Festy Ebosele on a cut price if possible. Didn't start, but came on at RWB. Really strong, good balance, very difficult to get the ball off of him. Only 19, plays in the Ireland U21s with Armstrong.

Derby have a great crop of youth players that were U18 Premier League Youth champions in 2019, then got to the quarters of the Uefa Youth League. Sibley, Buchanan, Whittaker, Knight, Bird.

Liked the look of him too.

Derby on 09:53 - Nov 30 with 3052 viewsdaveB

Derby on 09:19 - Nov 30 by terryb

Will any club match the wages that Derby pay Lawrence? He doesn't have to agree to any transfer.

It may be far harder to get rid of him than many imagine.

he's out of contract in the summer so may well wait and get a nice signing on fee
Derby on 10:05 - Nov 30 with 3003 viewsLythamR

They are a much better organised team now, i suspect at least some of the credit should be allocated to McClaren

What i took from the post match interview was a failure to even acknowledge QPR's performance and goals.
Derby on 10:08 - Nov 30 with 2991 viewsDWQPR

Derby on 09:53 - Nov 30 by daveB

he's out of contract in the summer so may well wait and get a nice signing on fee

Can’t see him doing what Lee Cook did though

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Derby on 10:16 - Nov 30 with 2923 viewsPinnerPaul

I was impressed with his post match as well.

Don't hear many managers concede in the 90th minute and admit they deserved to lose.
Derby on 10:46 - Nov 30 with 2802 viewsLazyFan

Derby on 09:53 - Nov 30 by daveB

They have to get rid of him. It's been reported many times he's on £27K per week.

He will probably go on a free so, they can get him off the books and also a buying club will have to give him a signing on fee (so he does not lose out on the last 6 months at that rate) and then he can go on a lower wage. I suspect Bournemouth or Norwich or Burnley will take him.

This is all guesswork though.

zzzzzzzzzz

Derby on 10:51 - Nov 30 with 2772 viewsMyke

Derby on 09:18 - Nov 30 by ted_hendrix

In my opinion we should have been playing Wycombe Wanderers last night not Derby County.
The points deduction came far too late.
It's all been said and discussed before but they're you have It.
Bolox to em as far as I'm concerned.

True Ted, but as I have said before, if we had done our job at home to them last season they would have been relegated anyway. That stupid 1-0 defeat still rankles. I thought Derby were much better last night than in either game last year.
Derby on 11:09 - Nov 30 with 2683 viewsthemodfather

can derby pay the wages of this squad? surely they are down and will have to release sooner rather than later? rooney will go and the club will face several years scrambling in league one, like sunderland.
all the fault of a poxy board not derby team or fans, but they are all "one" ,
Derby on 12:39 - Nov 30 with 2436 viewsHantsR

I looked on the Derby Forum Match thread and saw that many of the posters there conceded that we are a very good side and deserved our win. Gray's goal could only be praised of course. Fair play to them. However, I was disappointed with Tim Shaw's match report in the Times today, which seemed to dwell mostly on Derby and the positive aspects of their game last night. e.g ' Derby had little trouble containing ...(our) patient passing game' , 'Derby had looked comfortable but were stunned by a breakaway equaliser' - 'Rangers stole the three points'
You get very few Championship reports in The Times but I would have thought that any report should acknowledge that there were three outstanding goals in the game and we certainly had much the better of the second half and looked good value for our win.
Derby on 12:42 - Nov 30 with 2397 viewsJuzzie

Derby on 12:39 - Nov 30 by HantsR

I looked on the Derby Forum Match thread and saw that many of the posters there conceded that we are a very good side and deserved our win. Gray's goal could only be praised of course. Fair play to them. However, I was disappointed with Tim Shaw's match report in the Times today, which seemed to dwell mostly on Derby and the positive aspects of their game last night. e.g ' Derby had little trouble containing ...(our) patient passing game' , 'Derby had looked comfortable but were stunned by a breakaway equaliser' - 'Rangers stole the three points'
You get very few Championship reports in The Times but I would have thought that any report should acknowledge that there were three outstanding goals in the game and we certainly had much the better of the second half and looked good value for our win.

Reporters just assume it was 'stolen' because it was scored in the 90th minute. The fact it was deserved seems to evade them.

We stole the Play off final, to a degree, but not last night!
Derby on 12:48 - Nov 30 with 2358 viewsBostonR

Fair play to Rooney he had them well-organised.

However, it does not matter, as the club is on its knees and going down. Surely, getting most of that starting 11 off the books and going with the decent reserves/ U23's they have to see if they can step-up for the seasons to come.

Unless a stupid billionaire steps-up, they are heading towards the National League.
Derby on 12:51 - Nov 30 with 2339 viewstoboboly

Derby on 12:48 - Nov 30 by BostonR

Fair play to Rooney he had them well-organised.

However, it does not matter, as the club is on its knees and going down. Surely, getting most of that starting 11 off the books and going with the decent reserves/ U23's they have to see if they can step-up for the seasons to come.

Unless a stupid billionaire steps-up, they are heading towards the National League.

Ta da

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59330749

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024