Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Heathrow T2 Drop Off Zone Charge - Fine 15:49 - Dec 3 with 5316 viewsA40Bosh

Not sure if already mentioned but beware of the situation at LHR T2 passenger drop off zone.

Was out there a couple of times and there were signs saying that charging would start from 1st Nov. However when I arrived there a couple of weeks back to drop off my cousin, although the signs were there there we no barriers or gates as you entered the area like you have at Luton or Gatwick or one of the actual car parks - so I naively assumed it had been delayed along with so many other projects at the moment.

Just got a £80 fine, £40 if I pay within 14 days through the letterbox.

I have challenged this because I think this is an unfit for purpose solution because it is a drop off zone not a car park, so the onus is for people to stop their car and go over and find a sign that tells you how to make a payment whereas everywhere else on site there are barrier controlled entrance and or exits to ensure you pay.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Heathrow T2 Drop Off Zone Charge - Fine on 15:57 - Dec 3 with 5276 viewsJuzzie

You pay online/by phone, not at the airport. It's not a daily charge either, it's a per-visit charge.

Drive in .... *click* ..... ANPR photo taken. Drop-off passenger(s).... leave.
You then pay when you get home.

https://heathrowdropoff.apcoa.com/trip/vrn

Pay by automated telephone service. Tel: 0330 008 5600

“But the plans were on display…”
“On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them.”
“That’s the display department.”
“With a flashlight.”
“Ah, well, the lights had probably gone.”
“So had the stairs.”
“But look, you found the notice, didn’t you?”
“Yes,” said Arthur, “yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ‘Beware of the Leopard.”

(c) Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

[Post edited 3 Dec 2021 16:00]
Heathrow T2 Drop Off Zone Charge - Fine on 16:04 - Dec 3 with 5231 viewsstowmarketrange

How much does it cost to drop someone off?It hasn’t got an amount on their website.
Heathrow T2 Drop Off Zone Charge - Fine on 16:07 - Dec 3 with 5214 viewsJuzzie

Heathrow T2 Drop Off Zone Charge - Fine on 16:04 - Dec 3 by stowmarketrange

How much does it cost to drop someone off?It hasn’t got an amount on their website.

£5.00

https://www.heathrow.com/transport-and-directions/terminal-drop-off-charge

[Post edited 3 Dec 2021 16:08]
Heathrow T2 Drop Off Zone Charge - Fine on 23:22 - Dec 3 with 4829 viewsBlackCrowe

Same with all London airports. The only business that you have to pay to turn up to use their services. and you'd think they'd be wanting to encourage people back to airports. chancing w@nkers.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Heathrow T2 Drop Off Zone Charge - Fine on 06:50 - Dec 4 with 4707 viewsLoftgirl

Why do you get a 50% discount if you pay through the letter box? Asking for a friend.
Heathrow T2 Drop Off Zone Charge - Fine on 08:21 - Dec 4 with 4619 viewseghamranger

Heathrow T2 Drop Off Zone Charge - Fine on 06:50 - Dec 4 by Loftgirl

Why do you get a 50% discount if you pay through the letter box? Asking for a friend.

Seems a silly system that you have to drive to Heathrow and post your fine at T2 in a letterbox

Shirley you may get another ticket.

Hatton Cross tube station has got very busy recently because of the letterbox fines.

Drop there.. 2 mins on tube and cost 25p
Heathrow T2 Drop Off Zone Charge - Fine on 08:44 - Dec 4 with 4587 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Solidarity.

Fines in general for missing parking charges are a fcking pisstake. If you have the technology to identify a car through ANPR, why not send a invoice for the actual amount you would have had to pay instead of a massively inflated fine that most people can’t afford.

No, because you are greedy bastards who want a system that encourages failure because it’s profitable.
Heathrow T2 Drop Off Zone Charge - Fine on 10:02 - Dec 4 with 4519 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Heathrow T2 Drop Off Zone Charge - Fine on 08:44 - Dec 4 by BazzaInTheLoft

Solidarity.

Fines in general for missing parking charges are a fcking pisstake. If you have the technology to identify a car through ANPR, why not send a invoice for the actual amount you would have had to pay instead of a massively inflated fine that most people can’t afford.

No, because you are greedy bastards who want a system that encourages failure because it’s profitable.

I was about to post the same. A fine in this situation is totally unnecessary. It’s a new system and there will obviously be mistakes made like in this situation. Why not just send an invoice like you said explaining that there is a new system in place and you should of paid £5.

It’s another example of technology and systems not being used in the way the were meant to be. Instead just being used to exploit and rip people off. We’re just building a forced economy in this country and I hate it. It’s not just about the money it’s just plain wrong. It sets a bad example and leads to resentment and it’s the very people (authority) who should be setting us a good example doing it. It’s only going to get worse and it’s fcked up and I want out!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Heathrow T2 Drop Off Zone Charge - Fine on 10:44 - Dec 4 with 4457 viewsdanehoop

I vaguely recall from contract law studies years ago that NCP lost a case for failing to display their charges and terms and conditions of contract prior to entry to their car parks and as, has been mentioned in jest earlier, basically not displaying them prominently enough.

I am not sure what the signage situation was, but there might an issue under contract law that you have to be able to see the terms of the offer to agree to them. If these were not clearly displayed before you entered the zone and you had no choice to opt out so to speak prior to entering the zone it may give you some avenue to challenge. Its all about a reasonability test - would a reasonable person had been aware that they were entering into a contract by driving to the drop off area? Doesn't really matter what they put on a website, its more a matter of if on the day the situation would have been clear to a driver entering into the drop off zone.

The point about other airports arrangements could be important as you could argue exactly that point that other similar facilities doing this make it expressly clear what the arrangement is - LHR havent don't so.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2021 10:46]

Never knowingly understood

Heathrow T2 Drop Off Zone Charge - Fine on 11:49 - Dec 4 with 4407 viewsPlanetHonneywood

....get dropped off at a long stay car park and get the free bus to your terminal!

Throw in the £69 just paid for my Day 2 test, it soon racks up. That Day 2 test dropped £30 since I was last back...some shithousery money making been going on here.

[Post edited 4 Dec 2021 11:53]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Heathrow T2 Drop Off Zone Charge - Fine on 12:52 - Dec 4 with 4337 viewskensalriser

Welcome to bastard Britain, where monetising everything is the new religion.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Heathrow T2 Drop Off Zone Charge - Fine on 13:15 - Dec 4 with 4309 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Heathrow T2 Drop Off Zone Charge - Fine on 12:52 - Dec 4 by kensalriser

Welcome to bastard Britain, where monetising everything is the new religion.

‘I fcking warned you!’

[Post edited 4 Dec 2021 13:21]
Heathrow T2 Drop Off Zone Charge - Fine on 13:36 - Dec 4 with 4273 viewsBucksRanger

Do you really think it is any different in Russia?

Heathrow T2 Drop Off Zone Charge - Fine on 14:08 - Dec 4 with 4223 viewsJuzzie

There’s that famous (infamous) yellow junction box in Fulham/Parsons Green that rakes in £millions each year and was even subject to a terrestrial TV documentary.
LBH&F just keep spouting the usual utopia bollox in how to use the junction properly completely failing (or more likely not wanting) to understand that however much you might do it properly others don’t and you end up fined because of them, a situation totally out of your control.
Heathrow T2 Drop Off Zone Charge - Fine on 14:16 - Dec 4 with 4211 viewskensalriser

Heathrow T2 Drop Off Zone Charge - Fine on 13:36 - Dec 4 by BucksRanger

Do you really think it is any different in Russia?

WTF has Russia got to do with it?

Heathrow T2 Drop Off Zone Charge - Fine on 14:43 - Dec 4 with 4177 viewsBucksRanger

Heathrow T2 Drop Off Zone Charge - Fine on 14:16 - Dec 4 by kensalriser

About as much as Karl Marx.
Heathrow T2 Drop Off Zone Charge - Fine on 14:44 - Dec 4 with 4180 viewseghamranger

Heathrow T2 Drop Off Zone Charge - Fine on 14:16 - Dec 4 by kensalriser

Lovely house though…heating bills must be expensive, both my direct debits for gas and electric have gone up drastically in the year.
Heathrow T2 Drop Off Zone Charge - Fine on 14:49 - Dec 4 with 4168 viewsBucksRanger

Heathrow T2 Drop Off Zone Charge - Fine on 14:44 - Dec 4 by eghamranger

Lovely house though…heating bills must be expensive, both my direct debits for gas and electric have gone up drastically in the year.

I doubt the owner has to pay for electricity.
Heathrow T2 Drop Off Zone Charge - Fine on 16:25 - Dec 4 with 4092 viewskensalriser

Heathrow T2 Drop Off Zone Charge - Fine on 14:43 - Dec 4 by BucksRanger

About as much as Karl Marx.

Bazza was making a jokey reference to Marx's theories on the nature of capitalism, which was somewhat germane to my point. Your post had absolutely nothing to do with either. Unless there was something I missed about drop off charges at Moscow airport.

Heathrow T2 Drop Off Zone Charge - Fine on 17:22 - Dec 4 with 4038 viewsBucksRanger

Heathrow T2 Drop Off Zone Charge - Fine on 16:25 - Dec 4 by kensalriser

Bazza was making a jokey reference to Marx's theories on the nature of capitalism, which was somewhat germane to my point. Your post had absolutely nothing to do with either. Unless there was something I missed about drop off charges at Moscow airport.

There were no airport charges at Moscow airport the last time I used it but that was when Brezhnev ruled Russia and taxis freewheeled down hills to save on petrol. Mind you, the Russian elite had access to all the 'luxury' hotels whilst the average Russian worker layered their clothing and tied each layer with string to keep out the bitter cold... and, yes, I can imagine the UK heading down that route if comrade Bazza ever gets his way.
Heathrow T2 Drop Off Zone Charge - Fine on 18:58 - Dec 4 with 3963 viewsTGRRRSSS

Probably replaced not but at one time somebody burned down a Traffic Speed camera in Tulse Hill.
Heathrow T2 Drop Off Zone Charge - Fine on 22:50 - Dec 4 with 3825 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Heathrow T2 Drop Off Zone Charge - Fine on 16:25 - Dec 4 by kensalriser

Save your breath mate, and press ignore.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024