Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs 17:39 - Dec 3 with 8348 viewsenfieldargh

One of my favourite Rangers.

No nonsense Fen hard as nails.

Shame I won't be able to hear a word he says

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 18:15 - Dec 3 with 4447 viewsGhost_on_the_Westway

Hmm funny, that. We didn’t think very much of him when he played up until he eventually got his move to Tottenham. Ditto Seaman.
I used to love the “Same old Boring Fenwick” chants when he played against us though.
I think we should have a 4everC*** list.
Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 19:10 - Dec 3 with 4346 viewsdaveB

That move to Spurs really did affect how he is viewed by fans, he was a brilliant player for us but after he left he was really hated for several years
Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 19:21 - Dec 3 with 4326 viewsLazyFan

Fenwick was class for us.

He played sweeper, central defence and also midfield, he could pass it around and be hard when he needed too.

There is a reason he made that England squad. Only world-class skills by Maradogger could get past him.

I remember him dominating loads of games for us, single handily in middle. He was supposed to be a defender but was so, influential in games we played plenty of times in the middle. Oh, he could take free kicks and like score them, you remember, free kicks that used to go into the net. Also a mean penalty as well.

Essentially he had it all.

zzzzzzzzzz

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 19:55 - Dec 3 with 4289 viewspaulparker

Well deserved induction

Class player had to play midfield when waddock got injured and was just as good
Smith built the sweeper around him 87/88 , gutted when he left us

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 20:02 - Dec 3 with 4281 viewsPunteR

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 19:55 - Dec 3 by paulparker

Well deserved induction

Class player had to play midfield when waddock got injured and was just as good
Smith built the sweeper around him 87/88 , gutted when he left us

Yeh I loved Fenwick. One of my favourite players as a kid.
Good to see him inducted and back at Loftus Road.
Quality player.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 20:26 - Dec 3 with 4244 viewsdistortR

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 18:15 - Dec 3 by Ghost_on_the_Westway

Hmm funny, that. We didn’t think very much of him when he played up until he eventually got his move to Tottenham. Ditto Seaman.
I used to love the “Same old Boring Fenwick” chants when he played against us though.
I think we should have a 4everC*** list.

loved him and then hated him.

When TWD fc played at the scrubs and TF was doing his time for drink driving, pre-match the team stood at the fence singing 'same old boring fenwick'.

Wouldn't begrudge him this, though.
Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 20:58 - Dec 3 with 4193 viewsStanisgod

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 19:21 - Dec 3 by LazyFan

He played sweeper, central defence and also midfield, he could pass it around and be hard when he needed too.

There is a reason he made that England squad. Only world-class skills by Maradogger could get past him.

I remember him dominating loads of games for us, single handily in middle. He was supposed to be a defender but was so, influential in games we played plenty of times in the middle. Oh, he could take free kicks and like score them, you remember, free kicks that used to go into the net. Also a mean penalty as well.

I think you'll find that Maradonna only got past him because he'd already been booked and pulled out of the tackle.
Maybe should have took the red card looking back.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 22:12 - Dec 3 with 4089 viewsgazza1

Proper decent player....you would not want o get on the wrong side of him on the pitch. A player for whatever team he played for - 100%
Login to get fewer ads

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 22:17 - Dec 3 with 4091 viewsMrSheen

Lovely free kick taker too. Scored at Wembley, scored in a semi final, captain of Rangers, played at the World Cup. What’s not to like?
Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 22:54 - Dec 3 with 4032 viewsloftboy

Scored a brilliant last minute free kick in 1987 against Pompey.
Also nearly killed Ardiles with an elbow to the throat in the game that Mark Dennis got sent off.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2021 22:54]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 00:31 - Dec 4 with 3937 viewsCamberleyR

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 19:21 - Dec 3 by LazyFan

Started out at right back. He was a very solid, underrated player in that position. He'd also played left back quite a bit for Palace as well under TV.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 07:56 - Dec 4 with 3844 viewsDWQPR

Let’s put it like this. Fenwick played 256 games for us mainly as a defender and scored 33 goals including that goal at Wembley, who for all of us that were there that day will never forget. We bought him for £110,000 and the main reason he came to QPR was Terry Venables, along with a few other Palarse players then. He played 20 times for England including in the ‘86 World Cup and we sold him to Spurs in 1987 for five times what we bought him for. He didn’t make 100 ppearances for Spurs or get to double figures with goals and hardly added to his England tally. The main reason he went to Spurs was Terry Venables. I think Terry Fenwick more than deserves our gratitude. The only the history of QPR to score in an FA Cup Final.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 10:47 - Dec 6 with 3573 viewsShadow

Got to laugh.

Every time he came back he was subjected to horrendous abuse with many of his last games at Loftus Road being played out to a soundtrack to 'Wife Beater' every time he came near the loft and suddenly both he and the fans are meant to forget that.

Same as Andy Sinton, considered a treacherous little C*** when he left us for Sheffield Wednesday and we made sure he knew but say the right things and we're all meant to forget.

Not saying we shouldn't induct these players into the very flawed Forever R's club, but it does make me laugh how some have conveniently forgotten they abuse the gave or received.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2021 10:51]
Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 11:00 - Dec 6 with 3527 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Glad to hear he got a good reception.

Jesus, we gave him some grief when he left!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 11:15 - Dec 6 with 3485 viewsAntti_Heinola

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 10:47 - Dec 6 by Shadow

Got to laugh.

Every time he came back he was subjected to horrendous abuse with many of his last games at Loftus Road being played out to a soundtrack to 'Wife Beater' every time he came near the loft and suddenly both he and the fans are meant to forget that.

Same as Andy Sinton, considered a treacherous little C*** when he left us for Sheffield Wednesday and we made sure he knew but say the right things and we're all meant to forget.

Not saying we shouldn't induct these players into the very flawed Forever R's club, but it does make me laugh how some have conveniently forgotten they abuse the gave or received.

Both fans and Andy Sinton have referenced his treatment. Some fans have apologised, Andy has been very gracious and also put his side that the club manipulated it to make him look like the bad guy. No one's 'forgotten' that, just as no one has forgotten the terrible time we gave Furs, before he became a legend. And he acknowledges that too.

Time heals, and so it should. Nothing wrong with that.

Not sure what's so 'very flawed' about it. It's only 'flawed' in the thinking of those who persist in believing it's some kind of Hall of Fame, when it isn't, and has never professed to be so.

Bare bones.

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 12:23 - Dec 6 with 3376 viewskensalriser

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 10:47 - Dec 6 by Shadow

Got to laugh.

Don't really see anything wrong with choosing to ignore in the moment pantomine abuse and simple petty-minded nastiness.

Treacherous my arse. It's a game of football, not war.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 12:36 - Dec 6 with 3333 viewsShadow

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 11:15 - Dec 6 by Antti_Heinola

Both fans and Andy Sinton have referenced his treatment. Some fans have apologised, Andy has been very gracious and also put his side that the club manipulated it to make him look like the bad guy. No one's 'forgotten' that, just as no one has forgotten the terrible time we gave Furs, before he became a legend. And he acknowledges that too.

Time heals, and so it should. Nothing wrong with that.

Not sure what's so 'very flawed' about it. It's only 'flawed' in the thinking of those who persist in believing it's some kind of Hall of Fame, when it isn't, and has never professed to be so.

Any club which puts Karl Ready and Ernie Howe on a level pegging with Gerry Francis and Dave Thomas is flawed.

That's not up for debate to be honest.
Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 13:08 - Dec 6 with 3267 viewsPunteR

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 12:36 - Dec 6 by Shadow

Any club which puts Karl Ready and Ernie Howe on a level pegging with Gerry Francis and Dave Thomas is flawed.

That's not up for debate to be honest.

Your opinion is flawed.

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 13:17 - Dec 6 with 3242 viewsShadow

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 13:08 - Dec 6 by PunteR

Your opinion is flawed.

If you want to make a case why Ernie Howe should be treated on level pegging with Gerry Francis - which is effectively what this club does - I'm honestly willing to read your justification with a view to change my opinion.
Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 13:21 - Dec 6 with 3224 viewsPunteR

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 13:17 - Dec 6 by Shadow

If you want to make a case why Ernie Howe should be treated on level pegging with Gerry Francis - which is effectively what this club does - I'm honestly willing to read your justification with a view to change my opinion.

Make a case?.
Life is too short.

Sorry , I meant my lunch break is too short.. lol
[Post edited 6 Dec 2021 13:22]

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 13:59 - Dec 6 with 3149 viewsDWQPR

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 13:17 - Dec 6 by Shadow

Well let's try it this way. Both are human beings and each have as much right to breathe the air we all breathe. Although one played far more games than the other given that they were contracted to the club for longer shouldn't be used as a fair comparison. Nor should the fact that one of them had a far greater talent than the other one. For me the important thing is that represented QPR to the best of their own abilities however great that was or limited that was. That is all we can ever ask of a player who has been bought by the club and chosen to play by a manager. Based on your own flawed thinking it seems that you would put Jose Boswinga above that of say Matthew Rose. One who obviously was a very good full back otherwise he would not have had the career he had before going for one final retirement payment with us, the other who was injury ridden but inbetween did his best for the club playing in a number of positions to help out the team but who was obviously much more limited in his talent that Boswinga.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 14:22 - Dec 6 with 3091 viewsLazyFan

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 20:58 - Dec 3 by Stanisgod

I think you'll find that Maradonna only got past him because he'd already been booked and pulled out of the tackle.
Maybe should have took the red card looking back.

Yeah, that's a good point.

zzzzzzzzzz

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 14:48 - Dec 6 with 3046 viewsShadow

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 13:59 - Dec 6 by DWQPR

Well let's try it this way. Both are human beings and each have as much right to breathe the air we all breathe. Although one played far more games than the other given that they were contracted to the club for longer shouldn't be used as a fair comparison. Nor should the fact that one of them had a far greater talent than the other one. For me the important thing is that represented QPR to the best of their own abilities however great that was or limited that was. That is all we can ever ask of a player who has been bought by the club and chosen to play by a manager. Based on your own flawed thinking it seems that you would put Jose Boswinga above that of say Matthew Rose. One who obviously was a very good full back otherwise he would not have had the career he had before going for one final retirement payment with us, the other who was injury ridden but inbetween did his best for the club playing in a number of positions to help out the team but who was obviously much more limited in his talent that Boswinga.

Neither Rose or Boswinga should be honoured perpetually by the club. One was crap and the other was a mercenary.

I know the Forever Rs isn't a 'Hall of Fame' but it still places true greats on the same pegging as average players just so the club can show how caring and representative it is. I can't support any project which sets out to say that Rodney Marsh, for example, is valued just as much by the club as Gregory Goodrodge. Sorry.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2021 14:48]
Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 14:55 - Dec 6 with 3028 viewsNorthernr

Club does a nice thing.
Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 15:08 - Dec 6 with 2991 viewsShadow

Terry Fenwick Sunday 4everRs on 14:55 - Dec 6 by Northernr

Club does a nice thing.

I don't disagree with that.

It is nice that we remember ALL players who played for us whether they were fans' favouriites or not, good or bad, long length or short stay.

However, in its current guise the Forever Rs still sees Marsh, Bowles and Parkes as the equals of Ready, Bankole and Hately. That will never be justifiable in my mind and it's about time that they introduced a different tier to acknowledge greatness.

All former Rs are equal but some are vastly more equal than others...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024