Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Min applause tomorrow 15:30 - Dec 4 with 3141 viewssparkey

Seeing grounds all around the country there's been a minutes applause at the 6th minute for the death of Arthur Labinjo-Hughes who was tragically murdered by his parents. This needs to happen tomorrow.

May he Rest In Peace
Min applause tomorrow on 17:39 - Dec 4 with 2924 viewsStanisgod

To be fair, hanging would be too quick, how about death by a thousand cuts 😠

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Min applause tomorrow on 20:11 - Dec 4 with 2636 viewsMalintabuk

Saw the video on the new of him last night apparently a few hours before he past .....he was trying to stand up but was so emancipated he just stood there shaking and crying..... im not a man prone to violence but I could quite easily think up several things to do to those pair and more
I will be at the game tomorrow and I will be on my feet on 6 mins for that little lad
Min applause tomorrow on 20:21 - Dec 4 with 2614 viewsLongsufferingR

I feel I'm hardened to most things I see on the news these days but that really got to me badly. Any of us with kids of our own would not be able to get anywhere near comprehending how anybody can treat an innocent child like that. Depravity of the worst kind. He's in a far better place now than he ever would have been with those utter scum as his "family".
Min applause tomorrow on 20:35 - Dec 4 with 2574 viewsstowmarketrange

Min applause tomorrow on 20:21 - Dec 4 by LongsufferingR

I feel I'm hardened to most things I see on the news these days but that really got to me badly. Any of us with kids of our own would not be able to get anywhere near comprehending how anybody can treat an innocent child like that. Depravity of the worst kind. He's in a far better place now than he ever would have been with those utter scum as his "family".

If the report in the papers is true,his body is still in the mortuary while his grandparents argue about funeral arrangements.
I don’t know what went on,but surely those same grandparents should’ve noticed something was wrong when he was still alive?
The clips they showed on the news were enough to make any adult break down and cry.Especially the one where he is pleading for food.
RIP Little Arthur.
Min applause tomorrow on 20:45 - Dec 4 with 2533 viewsLongsufferingR

Min applause tomorrow on 20:35 - Dec 4 by stowmarketrange

If the report in the papers is true,his body is still in the mortuary while his grandparents argue about funeral arrangements.
I don’t know what went on,but surely those same grandparents should’ve noticed something was wrong when he was still alive?
The clips they showed on the news were enough to make any adult break down and cry.Especially the one where he is pleading for food.
RIP Little Arthur.

They also bear responsibility for bringing up three "people" convicted of murder or manslaughter between them.
Min applause tomorrow on 21:26 - Dec 4 with 2420 viewsdubaistu

Min applause tomorrow on 20:35 - Dec 4 by stowmarketrange

RIP Little Arthur.

They reported the parents to social services.... who did nothing. Don't drag them into this.
Min applause tomorrow on 21:50 - Dec 4 with 2317 viewspaulparker

Awful stuff , heartbreaking and sickening those tramps deserve to be hung drawn and quartered
My eldest is out tonight and every night she is out I worry sick, but these two Jesus how those fcukers did that I’m just speechless

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Min applause tomorrow on 22:01 - Dec 4 with 2271 viewsstowmarketrange

Min applause tomorrow on 21:26 - Dec 4 by dubaistu

They reported the parents to social services.... who did nothing. Don't drag them into this.

I’m sorry if I jumped to the wrong conclusion about the grandparents,but would anyone not try to do a lot more than just inform social services if they thought their grandchild was being tortured and starved?
I’d like to think that I’d do something to bring the police to the house,even if that meant breaking a window or two.Maybe they tried their best,but their best didn’t save him,and now they’re arguing over who gets to stand over his grave.
Login to get fewer ads

Min applause tomorrow on 22:02 - Dec 4 with 2268 viewsnumptydumpty

Yes this news is unbelievably horrific

Ita beyond my understanding how any human could be yes just pure evil.

The interview of the couple talking as if it was just another day just after the death even harder to link with general humanity.

The boy will be being looked after up there in the highest of high.

Horrendous crime. One of the worst I seen in recent years.
But utterly utterly sad. Poor little chap born into that family. Never stood a chance.

What goes 9n in someone s head to think this is OK. Just awful.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Min applause tomorrow on 22:22 - Dec 4 with 2220 viewsdubaistu

Min applause tomorrow on 22:01 - Dec 4 by stowmarketrange

I’m sorry if I jumped to the wrong conclusion about the grandparents,but would anyone not try to do a lot more than just inform social services if they thought their grandchild was being tortured and starved?
I’d like to think that I’d do something to bring the police to the house,even if that meant breaking a window or two.Maybe they tried their best,but their best didn’t save him,and now they’re arguing over who gets to stand over his grave.

Read about the case mate, the majority of the mental and physical torture was during COVID where this Government found the time to Govern "Joe Public" and whether you were wearing a mask in public or overly exercising during the week but not themselves. Maybe your conclusion says more about the society we have here in the UK (I'm not having a pop at you). Hindsight and all that...

I've just come back after 10 years overseas and I don't actually recognize England anymore. It's a toilet on so many levels and scum like this getting the weak prison sentences they've initially had underpins one of the reasons I feel that way.

The only thing I'll be wishing for x-mas is both of them dead ASAP.
Min applause tomorrow on 22:39 - Dec 4 with 2171 viewsjeffranger

Had to turn the news off the other night as that story is so sad & depressing & just couldn’t watch it, hope they Groton hell
Min applause tomorrow on 22:49 - Dec 4 with 2146 viewsstowmarketrange

Min applause tomorrow on 22:22 - Dec 4 by dubaistu

Read about the case mate, the majority of the mental and physical torture was during COVID where this Government found the time to Govern "Joe Public" and whether you were wearing a mask in public or overly exercising during the week but not themselves. Maybe your conclusion says more about the society we have here in the UK (I'm not having a pop at you). Hindsight and all that...

I've just come back after 10 years overseas and I don't actually recognize England anymore. It's a toilet on so many levels and scum like this getting the weak prison sentences they've initially had underpins one of the reasons I feel that way.

The only thing I'll be wishing for x-mas is both of them dead ASAP.

Just hearing the item on the news turned my stomach over so there is no way I want to read anything about it too.
I do agree with your point about the country going downhill rapidly.I wish they could find a way to reverse the decline,but I doubt there are any easy answers.But people with criminal intentions seem to have lost the fear that may have made them think twice in years past about committing crimes that they will probably get away with anyway.Or if they do get caught they know that they will get a lighter sentence than they might’ve got years ago.
Min applause tomorrow on 00:13 - Dec 5 with 2033 viewsLoftgirl

Min applause tomorrow on 20:11 - Dec 4 by Malintabuk

Saw the video on the new of him last night apparently a few hours before he past .....he was trying to stand up but was so emancipated he just stood there shaking and crying..... im not a man prone to violence but I could quite easily think up several things to do to those pair and more
I will be at the game tomorrow and I will be on my feet on 6 mins for that little lad

I can't even bring myself to watch that video, nor read the story. Some things are simply beyond comprehension. No punishment will be too hard or long drawn out. I would like to see these "parents", (although that word affords them some sort of status as a human), suffer the fear and helplessness this poor child experienced for his short life. This is real evil.
RIP liitle one.
Min applause tomorrow on 01:34 - Dec 5 with 1936 viewsstainrods_elbow

Min applause tomorrow on 22:01 - Dec 4 by stowmarketrange

It's been reported that a family member - an uncle I think - photographed the boy's bruises and sent them to the police, who took no action.

I hope the Serious Case Review will provide some answers, too late though it is for poor Arthur. Should professional negligence be proven against social services and/or any constabulary, if the legal system is worth anything in this blighted country, criminal charges will be brought and individual coppers/case workers/managers shamed and sacked.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2021 9:45]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Min applause tomorrow on 09:28 - Dec 5 with 1674 viewsonlyrinmoray

My daughter is a social worker they are damned if they take children into care and damned if they don’t Not an easy job
Min applause tomorrow on 09:46 - Dec 5 with 1640 viewsPunteR

Horrific news. Awful thing to have happened to that poor lad. And it's not an isolated case either.
I'm not sure why the football is getting involved though?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Min applause tomorrow on 10:05 - Dec 5 with 1608 viewsdistortR

Min applause tomorrow on 09:28 - Dec 5 by onlyrinmoray

My daughter is a social worker they are damned if they take children into care and damned if they don’t Not an easy job

I went to college with an ex-social worker who was re-training into horticulture. Became good friends, and I learnt a lot about her previous job. So difficult, especially when different agencies may be involved and the lines of communication may not be great. Add in that sociopaths are often very convincing liars.

lessons can and need to be learnt, but we have to be careful to lay the blame where it lies - the perpetrators of this evil.

Kind of agree with Punter as well.

Edit -good on your daughter, mate.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2021 10:07]
Min applause tomorrow on 10:29 - Dec 5 with 1550 viewsWatford_Ranger

Am I the only one who feels a bit uneasy about the applause? I get the sentiment but just feels the wrong way of commemorating the young boy.

Maybe there was some negligence along the way but it sounds like a horrendously overworked and pressured job. Fair play to anyone who gets into it with the goal of making society better.
Min applause tomorrow on 10:35 - Dec 5 with 1535 viewsnix

Min applause tomorrow on 10:05 - Dec 5 by distortR

I went to college with an ex-social worker who was re-training into horticulture. Became good friends, and I learnt a lot about her previous job. So difficult, especially when different agencies may be involved and the lines of communication may not be great. Add in that sociopaths are often very convincing liars.

lessons can and need to be learnt, but we have to be careful to lay the blame where it lies - the perpetrators of this evil.

Kind of agree with Punter as well.

Edit -good on your daughter, mate.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2021 10:07]

It's true about the psychopaths. A friend's family member recently came out to say she'd been violently abused for years by her husband. Met him once, appeared like a lovely chap. My friend met him on family occasions for years and never noticed anything wrong.

Goes to court. He explains bruising as down to someone in her PT session landing on her (!), Judge ignores the statement from their own daughter, finds that there's enough evidence that she's also a perpetrator. He's acquitted and she's petrified as he can't be tried twice and knows he's got away with it. A charming sociopath is a dangerous thing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024