Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR NFT 15:42 - Dec 15 with 12221 viewssparkey

I dont know too much about NFT's so cant add much here. Anyone with knowledge?
QPR NFT on 17:56 - Dec 18 with 2912 viewsNorthernr

QPR NFT on 17:51 - Dec 18 by PinnerPaul

Thanks Clive - a very reasoned & detailed response, can see the objections now!

You know we differ on 'mainstream' gambling, so we'll leave that one alone! , but thanks again for the insight on NFTs - like Brian, I haven't got an idea how they work, or don't and the associated risks - that's useful - ta!

Please, please SOMEONE, can weget some actual football to discuss in the not too distant future!

I AM still officiating - have games tomorrow and Monday (at time of writing) but no one wants to talk about them!

Well mainstream gambling, and this to a certain extent (though, like I say, this comes with all sorts of extra baggage because of the lack of regulation), are similar in that for 80-90% of people it's probably fine.

They've got some disposable income, they want to spend it on the 3.10 at Kempton, or a picture of Jordan Archer for their phone, when they run out of disposable income they stop, and that's fine. Who am I to say they shouldn't do that, any more than they say to me I shouldn't be allowed to go to the Crown for a Peroni with my disposable income?

The problem here, like gambling, is the other 20% - the young, the desperate, the addicts. Tempted in, encouraged to keep going, spending ever more, chasing losses, promise of the next win just around the corner. NFTs to me are worse because, like I say, completely unrelgulated, specifically targeted at the young, and now being pushed by our football club which adds an element of legitimacy and 'must have' to young QPR fans.
QPR NFT on 18:57 - Dec 18 with 2855 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thanks Clive. Took a lot of time to type all of that out and I appreciate it.

It does seem very murky alright.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR NFT on 00:53 - Dec 19 with 2763 viewsFredManRave

Just in case any of you thought you were beginning to understand NFT's and their values;

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/22/jack-dorsey-sells-his-first-tweet-ever-as-an-nft

Jack Dorsey, CEO of Twitter and Square, sold his first tweet as an NFT, or nonfungible token, for over $2.9 million on Monday when bidding ended on the “Valuables” platform, which is run by Cent, a blockchain-powered social media network.

The tweet, which says, “just setting up my twttr,” was first posted by Dorsey on March 21, 2006.

NFTs are digital assets, including jpegs and video clips, that can be bought and sold, just like physical assets. And since they run on blockchain, a decentralized digital ledger that documents transactions, ownership and validity of each can be tracked.

Though there was a bidding war over the NFT of Dorsey’s tweet between tech entrepreneur Justin Sun and Bridge Oracle CEO Sina Estavi, ultimately, Estavi’s bid of over $2.9 million won, the site says. Estavi also bid $1.1 million to own the NFT of a recent tweet by Elon Musk, CEO of SpaceX and Tesla, which was also listed on “Valuables.”

″y bidding on Jack Dorsey’s first tweet of history and Elon Musk’s NFT, I wanted to emphasize the importance of NFTs on [the] future of crypto and tech sphere,” Estavi recently told CNBC Make It. In addition, “I wanted to encourage involving in charities in the crypto space.”

According to “Valuables,” the tweet itself will “continue to live on Twitter,” but the winning bidder would own the NFT, “signed and verified by the creator,” like a virtual autograph. “Valuables” also requires users to log on to the platform via their Twitter account to verify that tweets listed for sale are done so by their true creators.

In March, Dorsey said that all proceeds from his NFT sale would be converted to bitcoin and donated to GiveDirectly, a charity giving cash to people living in poverty. Dorsey’s gift will specifically go to its Africa Covid-19 response.

It's the new normal which is, surely an oxymoron?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

QPR NFT on 09:30 - Dec 19 with 2658 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR NFT on 17:56 - Dec 18 by Northernr

Well mainstream gambling, and this to a certain extent (though, like I say, this comes with all sorts of extra baggage because of the lack of regulation), are similar in that for 80-90% of people it's probably fine.

They've got some disposable income, they want to spend it on the 3.10 at Kempton, or a picture of Jordan Archer for their phone, when they run out of disposable income they stop, and that's fine. Who am I to say they shouldn't do that, any more than they say to me I shouldn't be allowed to go to the Crown for a Peroni with my disposable income?

The problem here, like gambling, is the other 20% - the young, the desperate, the addicts. Tempted in, encouraged to keep going, spending ever more, chasing losses, promise of the next win just around the corner. NFTs to me are worse because, like I say, completely unrelgulated, specifically targeted at the young, and now being pushed by our football club which adds an element of legitimacy and 'must have' to young QPR fans.

Fair enough.

Although I read an annual review from the gambling regulators and some of the most shameful cases they had to deal with, and fine the operators for, involved far more than some teenager spending his benefit money - some of the sums are staggering.

Money laundering actually a much bigger problem than some spending more than they can afford.
QPR NFT on 11:39 - Dec 19 with 2618 viewsjoe90

I just invested all of my daughters savings into a digital NFT of the iconic image of Jose Bosongwa laughing after we got relegated. Who’s had the last laugh now!
QPR NFT on 11:58 - Dec 19 with 2600 viewsNorthernr

QPR NFT on 09:30 - Dec 19 by PinnerPaul

Fair enough.

Although I read an annual review from the gambling regulators and some of the most shameful cases they had to deal with, and fine the operators for, involved far more than some teenager spending his benefit money - some of the sums are staggering.

Money laundering actually a much bigger problem than some spending more than they can afford.

But to come back to the original point - money launderers aren't drawn into it by football shirt sponsorship and Ray Winstone popping his fat head up at half time in every televised game are they? The desperation to latch onto football clubs and use them for pull and authenticity is clearly targeted at the groups I reference.
QPR NFT on 14:42 - Dec 19 with 2498 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR NFT on 11:58 - Dec 19 by Northernr

But to come back to the original point - money launderers aren't drawn into it by football shirt sponsorship and Ray Winstone popping his fat head up at half time in every televised game are they? The desperation to latch onto football clubs and use them for pull and authenticity is clearly targeted at the groups I reference.

Yep that's a fair point.

Of course, what the government proposes is so disproportionate and unreasonable that no one is ever going to agree to it - but maybe that's the idea.

I'm referring to the proposed £100 a month limit, before companies can ask to see proof of funds! - ie your payslip or bank statement.

Back to your earlier analogy - can you imagine going into the Crown and after about your 3rd visit of the month - I'm guessing here! ;-) - the landlord says "Sorry Clive, think you've spent enough this month, can I see your payslip mate, just to make sure you can afford that next round"!

It is sooooooooooo outrageous that you just can't help but think if its being mooted just so they can say "Well we tried to regulate, but no one wanted it"!
QPR NFT on 14:44 - Dec 19 with 2493 viewsNorthernr

QPR NFT on 14:42 - Dec 19 by PinnerPaul

Yep that's a fair point.

Of course, what the government proposes is so disproportionate and unreasonable that no one is ever going to agree to it - but maybe that's the idea.

I'm referring to the proposed £100 a month limit, before companies can ask to see proof of funds! - ie your payslip or bank statement.

Back to your earlier analogy - can you imagine going into the Crown and after about your 3rd visit of the month - I'm guessing here! ;-) - the landlord says "Sorry Clive, think you've spent enough this month, can I see your payslip mate, just to make sure you can afford that next round"!

It is sooooooooooo outrageous that you just can't help but think if its being mooted just so they can say "Well we tried to regulate, but no one wanted it"!

Given the percentage of it that goes into the Crown, I think the landlord has a pretty decent picture of my bank statement already
Login to get fewer ads

QPR NFT on 14:46 - Dec 19 with 2486 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR NFT on 14:44 - Dec 19 by Northernr

Given the percentage of it that goes into the Crown, I think the landlord has a pretty decent picture of my bank statement already

QPR NFT on 06:35 - Dec 22 with 2324 viewsdmm

I hope the club have taken note of Arsenal getting themselves into hot water over their NFT adverts: https://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/dec/22/arsenal-adverts-for-cryptocurrency

I've no idea whether or not QPR comply with advertising regs on NFTs but it would appear the Advertising Standards Authority is taking seriously misleading promotions, which is a good thing.
QPR NFT on 16:18 - Mar 31 with 1861 viewsWokingR

Just been given the best explanation of how an NFT actually works.

You meet and marry the most beautiful girl in the world.
The next morning you wake up to find a queue of men all waiting for their turn to have sex with your wife.
But everything is ok because you have the marriage certificate.
QPR NFT on 09:13 - Jun 28 with 1522 viewsE17hoop

Great piece in the Athletic on this today.
https://theathletic.com/3378407/2022/06/28/crypto-crash-premier-league/

Anyone know what the QPR collectibles are worth?

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

QPR NFT on 09:29 - Jun 28 with 1445 viewsMonkey_Roots

Crypto currency, NFTs… it’s a complete mystery to me.

I’m not old either, I’m 45 - I just don’t have a clue, even when someone tries to explain it. I’m not thick either, I just don’t have a head for this kind of thing.

Poll: Will we stay up?

QPR NFT on 07:28 - Jun 29 with 1160 viewsDorse

QPR NFT on 09:13 - Jun 28 by E17hoop

Great piece in the Athletic on this today.
https://theathletic.com/3378407/2022/06/28/crypto-crash-premier-league/

Anyone know what the QPR collectibles are worth?

Less and less every day. My Dom Ball collectibles, including the sequined leatherette posing pouch (seen briefly during the Cardiff match when he hitched up his shorts), are now worth less than my Armand Traore knitwear or my Karl Ready hair-styling VHS tapes ('Ready, Steady, Blow!' featuring EastEnders' Pete Beale)

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

QPR NFT on 08:20 - Jun 29 with 1092 viewsMetallica_Hoop

QPR NFT on 09:29 - Jun 28 by Monkey_Roots

I’m not old either, I’m 45 - I just don’t have a clue, even when someone tries to explain it. I’m not thick either, I just don’t have a head for this kind of thing.

Check out kira.tv on youtube he runs through Cyrpto and the scams ( like the amazing very sadly missed Cryptoland) I'm 44 and didn't get it either.

The dudes English and very funny.

You may want to invest in the 'Earth2' project after

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

QPR NFT on 09:22 - Jun 29 with 1035 viewsDWQPR

I’ve been in financial services for 35 years. I’ve been to numerous seminars where crypto has been explained and I still don’t get it. But one thing is for certain. It is not a currency. A share maybe, but there is no company assets to back it other than huge warehouses of computers burning infinite amounts of energy to solve mathematical equations. For what I don’t know. And promoted to green as grass investors whose only knowledge of investing generally is that they have seen the gravy train but don’t realise that when it hits the buffers it really does. And as for NFT’s, WTF?

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

QPR NFT on 10:16 - Jun 29 with 927 viewsWatfordR

I’m selling my first ever post on LFW to the highest bidder.

“Dairylea.

F@ck off Smiffy”

PM me with your bank details.

Cheers
QPR NFT on 10:16 - Jun 29 with 926 viewsdanehoop

genius explanation.

Never knowingly understood

QPR NFT on 13:04 - Jun 29 with 852 viewseastside_r

I can explain it all for you mate but you’re going to have to buy some of my magic beans first.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024