Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January Transfer Window 10:34 - Dec 22 with 24291 viewsderbyhoop

A number of sites linking us with Steve Cook from Bournemouth.
Centre back, still only 30 and out of contract in the Summer. Given that Newcastle and Watford also linked and Cherries might not be keen in helping rivals, I can't see this one happening. Even if it was a goer, I'm not sure we'd pay the sort of wages, he's probably getting at the Vitality.

Rangers had Kyle Doherty from Albion Rovers on trial and were going to invite the 20 year old striker back for further trials. But currently out injured, so that will be delayed also.

Based on the recent past, if we do recruit anybody, the fans will hear about it around the time of the signing.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

January Transfer Window on 17:27 - Jan 18 with 4798 viewsderbyhoop

You had 1 job, Clive.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

January Transfer Window on 18:20 - Jan 18 with 4613 viewsHAYESBOY

January Transfer Window on 17:27 - Jan 18 by derbyhoop

You had 1 job, Clive.

Guessing the offer of the use of the comfy chair at the training ground just was quite enough.

Smells like a trout farm in here

January Transfer Window on 18:34 - Jan 18 with 4510 viewsfrancisbowles

January Transfer Window on 13:08 - Jan 18 by CamberleyR

Blackburn's average gate is about 1,500 fewer fans than ours.

Thanks Camberley, surprised by that. Thought they were a big club.
January Transfer Window on 11:32 - Jan 19 with 4046 viewsderbyhoop

Supposedly interested in Jamie Patterson.
Out of favour at Swansea, out of contract in Summer, training with Youth team, 29 years old.

January Transfer Window on 12:01 - Jan 19 with 3919 viewsfrancisbowles

January Transfer Window on 11:32 - Jan 19 by derbyhoop

Supposedly interested in Jamie Patterson.
Out of favour at Swansea, out of contract in Summer, training with Youth team, 29 years old.

He's 30 and has eighteen months left on his contract. Second striker, so could be a useful deputy and for Chair and Willock. Only if on a free and within our wage structure.
January Transfer Window on 12:21 - Jan 19 with 3860 viewsDieByYourSide

Sounds like an interesting case. Brought in to Swansea on a one-year deal in the Summer, hits 8 goals and 4 assists first half of the season then gets his contract extended but on terms he's not happy with and now looks to be on the way out...

Good numbers but possibly a bit of a piece of work.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2022 12:22]

Poll: And it's hi ho

January Transfer Window on 12:54 - Jan 19 with 3682 viewsbosh67

Ovie Ejaria is a player we should look at. Reading not really playing him as much as they could do and not featuring that much there. 24 now but with huge potential and Eze like skills when on form. I doubt we could afford him but given that he isn't featuring a lot there he may be worth a look. Big unit as well and certainly our style of player.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

January Transfer Window on 13:06 - Jan 19 with 3614 viewsdanehoop

Patterson sounds very much like an agent linking us as a potential suitor to his client (which now seems to be the case in almost every potential championship transfer this season) as leverage. Just doesn't seem to fit with any immediate pressing need that we currently have (unless we are moving on existing players and back up) and seems likely to have little future transfer value.

Ejaria on the other hand would be a useful addition and potentially brings something we don't currently have.

Never knowingly understood

Login to get fewer ads

January Transfer Window on 13:13 - Jan 19 with 3583 viewsAntti_Heinola

January Transfer Window on 12:54 - Jan 19 by bosh67

Ovie Ejaria is a player we should look at. Reading not really playing him as much as they could do and not featuring that much there. 24 now but with huge potential and Eze like skills when on form. I doubt we could afford him but given that he isn't featuring a lot there he may be worth a look. Big unit as well and certainly our style of player.

I feel certain Warbs would get the best out of Ejaria - but...would cost a bomb even with Reading's debts. Maybe in the summer if we have to sell Illy and/or Willy?

Bare bones.

January Transfer Window on 13:26 - Jan 19 with 3493 viewsDoudou87

Harry Vaughan, 17 year old from Oldham. We hold some interest alongside Burnley.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/17366004/burnley-oldham-harry-vaughan-transfer-qp

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

January Transfer Window on 13:34 - Jan 19 with 3457 viewsenfieldargh

January Transfer Window on 13:13 - Jan 19 by Antti_Heinola

I feel certain Warbs would get the best out of Ejaria - but...would cost a bomb even with Reading's debts. Maybe in the summer if we have to sell Illy and/or Willy?

John Swift would be good even to stop him from scoring against us.

Been injury free this season in an injury ravaged team. No doubt if he would take a wage drop & sign for us he would be injured more often than not

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

January Transfer Window on 13:41 - Jan 19 with 3420 viewsDieByYourSide

Reckon Swift will have PL suitors. He's in the last 6 months of his deal so interesting one whether Reading stick or twist with him. Ejaria could be poachable on the cheap if they go down (please).

Poll: And it's hi ho

January Transfer Window on 15:11 - Jan 19 with 3187 viewsQPRSteve

https://the72.co.uk/260271/qpr-interested-in-move-for-oldham-athletic-midfielder

Anyone heard of him?
January Transfer Window on 15:26 - Jan 19 with 3121 viewsderbyhoop

January Transfer Window on 15:11 - Jan 19 by QPRSteve

https://the72.co.uk/260271/qpr-interested-in-move-for-oldham-athletic-midfielder

Anyone heard of him?

Had a brief look at Oldham pages.

Bettache was unused sub while Vaughan wasn't on team sheet.
Probably clickbait.

January Transfer Window on 08:01 - Jan 20 with 2743 viewsdmm

Gray will be off to join the Jamaican squad for 3 WC qualifiers starting 28 January. So I'd have thought we'd be keen to bring in the ACM Warburton has said he wants as soon as possible.

Bringing in a CB has been the focus this month but de Wijs is almost ready to return having played, and scored, for the U23s last night. That signing may not be quite so urgent now though I expect it will happen.
January Transfer Window on 08:26 - Jan 20 with 2683 viewsenfieldargh

January Transfer Window on 08:01 - Jan 20 by dmm

Gray will be off to join the Jamaican squad for 3 WC qualifiers starting 28 January. So I'd have thought we'd be keen to bring in the ACM Warburton has said he wants as soon as possible.

Bringing in a CB has been the focus this month but de Wijs is almost ready to return having played, and scored, for the U23s last night. That signing may not be quite so urgent now though I expect it will happen.

Lets hope Jordy can play the rest of the season injury free.

I did like Masterson when he first appeared for the first team. Never really seen Dom Ball playing centre defence. Don't really want Sam Field moved from midfield.

So if MW thinks we need cover then sobeit.

Double loan move for the Wolves boys might be good. Sanderson was the only decent looking player in Brum's team and the ATM Ryan Giles who was at Cardiff got a lot of assists to his name.

Jamie Patterson's Wiki page says he formerly played for Swansea City......?????

captains fantastic

January Transfer Window on 08:40 - Jan 20 with 2622 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Has Kabongo Tshimanga been mentioned?

Apparently 'The Jambos' and several premier league teams are interested (I believe the Hearts talk).

Charlie Austin type stats but never played higher than the conference.

Anyone seen him play?
[Post edited 20 Jan 2022 8:41]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

January Transfer Window on 11:19 - Jan 20 with 2377 viewsdmm

January Transfer Window on 08:40 - Jan 20 by Metallica_Hoop

Has Kabongo Tshimanga been mentioned?

Apparently 'The Jambos' and several premier league teams are interested (I believe the Hearts talk).

Charlie Austin type stats but never played higher than the conference.

Anyone seen him play?
[Post edited 20 Jan 2022 8:41]

I tried to mention him but failed dismally to pronounce his name correctly.
January Transfer Window on 11:25 - Jan 20 with 2342 viewsMaggsinho

Couple of new links today.

We've been watching Cameron Archer an U23 striker at Villa.

We're interested in Dan Gifford a 17 year old striker on loan at Bognor Regis from Portsmouth
January Transfer Window on 11:37 - Jan 20 with 2274 viewstoboboly

January Transfer Window on 11:25 - Jan 20 by Maggsinho

Couple of new links today.

We've been watching Cameron Archer an U23 striker at Villa.

We're interested in Dan Gifford a 17 year old striker on loan at Bognor Regis from Portsmouth

Bognor are w@nk this year so not sure watching him there would be too helpful. A lower lever but Kone at Athletic Newham is 18 and has 30+ goals in half a season, I would take a punt on him.

Maybe look at Alfie Doughty at Stoke, if they are in financial trouble I would like to see him picked up as an attacking mid.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

January Transfer Window on 11:43 - Jan 20 with 2226 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

January Transfer Window on 11:19 - Jan 20 by dmm

Shall we just call him Shimmy?

Is it the same player who scored against us in pre-season friendly for Boreham Wood a while back?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

January Transfer Window on 12:22 - Jan 20 with 2133 viewsaston_hoop

Djurdardens in Sweden wants Niko Hamalainen, imagine the club are happy to let him go

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

January Transfer Window on 13:15 - Jan 20 with 1954 viewsenfieldargh

January Transfer Window on 11:19 - Jan 20 by dmm

sorry could you say that again?

captains fantastic

January Transfer Window on 20:23 - Jan 20 with 1643 viewstkqpr

January Transfer Window on 12:01 - Jan 19 by francisbowles

He's 30 and has eighteen months left on his contract. Second striker, so could be a useful deputy and for Chair and Willock. Only if on a free and within our wage structure.

I see Swansea have sign a young attacking prospect from Germany, so potentially that could definitely pave the way for Paterson to move on?

He’ll end up somewhere I reckon, whether it’s us or not who knows.
January Transfer Window on 22:50 - Jan 22 with 1143 viewsaston_hoop

Another potential big signing

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024