Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sean Dyche on player welfare 11:34 - Dec 31 with 2827 viewsOldPedro

Interesting points made by Dyche in this interview - worth watching

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Sean Dyche on player welfare on 12:34 - Dec 31 with 2705 viewscharmr

Players welfare what like their own on the pitch. Does that include players making it near on impossible for referees to decide if a player is genuinely hurt knowing there trying to get an advantage. Anyone see Fernandinos antic at Brentford.

Dyche is right, always seems to talk sense.

The crap and excuses Turchel is coming out with as well.
Sean Dyche on player welfare on 12:37 - Dec 31 with 2689 viewswood_hoop

Very interesting, shows me just how much era's can change so quickly.

I am sure like many players of Lampards time they might have played 60 plus games a season but just how many also carried injuries that l caught up with them in later life .

Thing that amused me, was players nowadays having their own chefs , lokking after myself from 16 years old, soon learnt a can opener wasn't the the best implement in the kitchen, plenty of burnt offerings later I managed to at least throw a decent meal together and of course realisng that fresh ingredients was the key.

Mind you nowadays don't suppose they have the time or inclination to look up a recipe in a book or online.
Sean Dyche on player welfare on 13:12 - Dec 31 with 2620 viewsted_hendrix

As long as I can remember I've worried constantly about players welfare, by some strange
coincidence I awoke from my golden slumbers at about 4.34 this morning after having a nightmare about players welfare, it was a horrible dream a proper nightmare (a professional footballer had forgotten to bring his sandwiches into training so had nothing to eat during the lunch time break) I woke up in a cold sweat.
I had a small nibble of cheddar cheese last night 60 minutes into our game with Bristol Titty that's probably what caused my players welfare nightmare.
I do worry about football players, worry all the time I do, I probably could write a song in the key of C about the subject.

I hope they're all alright at this moment in time, (players that is).

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Sean Dyche on player welfare on 13:44 - Dec 31 with 2543 viewspaulparker

Well done Dyche , I’m getting fed up of these foreign managers moaning and groaning about English football , pep wants B teams, tuchel is trying to get every game called off despite having a squad bigger than the cast of Ben hur , the new Man Utd manager wants the league cup scrapped after being here 5 minutes , we have already done away with cup replays
I really wish these so called elite clubs had bogged off to the super league and let the rest of us get on with it
Here’s an idea how about playing some of your youth players that you all hoard and using some of that tactical nous that you like to think you have

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Sean Dyche on player welfare on 13:51 - Dec 31 with 2520 viewsNorthernr

Sean Dyche on player welfare on 13:44 - Dec 31 by paulparker

Well done Dyche , I’m getting fed up of these foreign managers moaning and groaning about English football , pep wants B teams, tuchel is trying to get every game called off despite having a squad bigger than the cast of Ben hur , the new Man Utd manager wants the league cup scrapped after being here 5 minutes , we have already done away with cup replays
I really wish these so called elite clubs had bogged off to the super league and let the rest of us get on with it
Here’s an idea how about playing some of your youth players that you all hoard and using some of that tactical nous that you like to think you have

Yeh I really don't think some of the big managers have covered themselves in glory this Christmas at all. Just fcking moaning constantly. You've got the Man Utd bloke been in the country 5 minutes saying we should get rid of the League Cup. Fck off mate.
How about some of these hoarded masses you're so desperate to have in a B Team get a game or two?
Sean Dyche on player welfare on 13:54 - Dec 31 with 2506 viewsswisscottage

Sean Dyche on player welfare on 12:37 - Dec 31 by wood_hoop

Very interesting, shows me just how much era's can change so quickly.

I am sure like many players of Lampards time they might have played 60 plus games a season but just how many also carried injuries that l caught up with them in later life .

Thing that amused me, was players nowadays having their own chefs , lokking after myself from 16 years old, soon learnt a can opener wasn't the the best implement in the kitchen, plenty of burnt offerings later I managed to at least throw a decent meal together and of course realisng that fresh ingredients was the key.

Mind you nowadays don't suppose they have the time or inclination to look up a recipe in a book or online.

You mock, but in reality its the difference between a player playing at the top level until their late 30s(many Italians, Ronaldo, Messi etc) or being past their best by the age of 30(Rooney, Gascoine for example).

If you've got a good head on your shoulders, and at the top of the pyramid and want to stay there, you're going to do what you can to stay there a year or two more.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2021 13:56]
Sean Dyche on player welfare on 13:55 - Dec 31 with 2505 viewsloftboy

Sean Dyche on player welfare on 13:51 - Dec 31 by Northernr

Yeh I really don't think some of the big managers have covered themselves in glory this Christmas at all. Just fcking moaning constantly. You've got the Man Utd bloke been in the country 5 minutes saying we should get rid of the League Cup. Fck off mate.
How about some of these hoarded masses you're so desperate to have in a B Team get a game or two?

As it’s officially the EFL cup then tell the PL teams to do one, bring the national league premier in to the EFL (effectively league 3) and give us 96 teams a chance of silverware and a day out at Wembley.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Sean Dyche on player welfare on 13:58 - Dec 31 with 2484 viewsLazyFan

Sean Dyche on player welfare on 13:55 - Dec 31 by loftboy

As it’s officially the EFL cup then tell the PL teams to do one, bring the national league premier in to the EFL (effectively league 3) and give us 96 teams a chance of silverware and a day out at Wembley.

And Europe.

Some bigger teams denied us euro glory with their off-field antics.

zzzzzzzzzz

Login to get fewer ads

Sean Dyche on player welfare on 14:00 - Dec 31 with 2474 viewsRangersw12

Sean Dyche on player welfare on 13:44 - Dec 31 by paulparker

Tuchel interview after the Brighton game was embarrassing he was like a petulant child whinging about how many injuries he's got whilst naming a squad worth at least 150 million

Really wish the interviewers would say that's all well and good but haven't you got 20 plus players out on loan

The lack of self awareness from the big clubs is staggering. Sooner they Fck off and do the super league the better
Sean Dyche on player welfare on 14:26 - Dec 31 with 2437 viewsterryb

Sean Dyche on player welfare on 13:54 - Dec 31 by swisscottage

You mock, but in reality its the difference between a player playing at the top level until their late 30s(many Italians, Ronaldo, Messi etc) or being past their best by the age of 30(Rooney, Gascoine for example).

If you've got a good head on your shoulders, and at the top of the pyramid and want to stay there, you're going to do what you can to stay there a year or two more.

I think you will find that Messi & Ronaldo played around 60 matches a season.

38 league games (the same as Rooney), 13 European Cup games (more than Rooney) & the Spanish cup is two legged. Plus the international appearances. Paul Gasgcoine would never have played that many games while playing in England.
Sean Dyche on player welfare on 14:32 - Dec 31 with 2422 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sean Dyche on player welfare on 13:51 - Dec 31 by Northernr

Agree with this, but also have issues with Dyche there. Loads of ex-pros are pretty broken down - it's not bad that 'welfare' is being spoken about now, it's bad that it wasn't considered then. Or do we want to go back to the days of John Gregory's appalling reaction to Collymore's depression (not that I'm a fan of Collymore, but you get the point). Who looked after Merson's welfare? Or Gary Charles's? We all laugh at good old Jim Gregory's indulgement of Stan - but ultimately was that really helping him?

Equally, I think the managers of the top clubs need to get real. The problems they're bitching about now are problems most clubs face every week outside of Covid. They go on and on about rotation - well, *rotate* then! Plan. You might have to lose the odd game, but you're all in the same boat. Pep's moaning now and they've won about their last 10. Team GB lost plenty of good athletes to injuries before thr Olympics, but they just had to go with their 2nd/3rd choices. That's how sport works. These big clubs hoard players that would be first choice elsewhere, then moan when they have to actually play them.

There's a line to be trodden here I think. Having said that, I do think a two week break with that many games being called off anyway might've been a decent idea.

Bare bones.

Sean Dyche on player welfare on 14:36 - Dec 31 with 2386 viewsClive_Anderson

Clubs that lobbied for league stages in Europe complaining about too many games? Fck off lads.

Get the old European Cup knockout format back and then you'll have loads fewer games. Or if it's still too much then don't enter it at all, as player welfare is obviously more important than money right?
Sean Dyche on player welfare on 14:37 - Dec 31 with 2390 viewsNorthernr

Sean Dyche on player welfare on 14:36 - Dec 31 by Clive_Anderson

Clubs that lobbied for league stages in Europe complaining about too many games? Fck off lads.

Get the old European Cup knockout format back and then you'll have loads fewer games. Or if it's still too much then don't enter it at all, as player welfare is obviously more important than money right?

And, also, go on pre- and post-season tours, adding needless exhibition games and loooooooads of travelling.
Sean Dyche on player welfare on 14:42 - Dec 31 with 2367 viewsClive_Anderson

Sean Dyche on player welfare on 14:37 - Dec 31 by Northernr

And, also, go on pre- and post-season tours, adding needless exhibition games and loooooooads of travelling.

It's not about reducing games played, it's about reducing them for all but a select few clubs so they can monopolise income and media exposure amongst themselves.
Sean Dyche on player welfare on 14:47 - Dec 31 with 2356 viewsGalileo

How about ditching the round robin Champions League group stages ?
more games = increased chance of player injury/burnout but more importantly also = more money to preserve the gap between the haves and have nots.

Cant have it both ways, Messrs Pep, Klopp, Ragnnik , Tuchel et al.
Sean Dyche on player welfare on 14:49 - Dec 31 with 2338 viewsDavieQPR

They moan and groan but still go on pre season tours all over America or the Far East. Most of the players never play in the early rounds of the Cups either.
Sean Dyche on player welfare on 14:57 - Dec 31 with 2306 viewsTheChef

Yes I'm always massively concerned for those poor Premier League players getting paid north of 50K a week. How do they manage compared to the average Joe??

https://thepfsa.co.uk/football-wages-how-much-do-footballers-get-paid/#:~:text=T

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Sean Dyche on player welfare on 17:58 - Dec 31 with 2046 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Sean Dyche on player welfare on 14:57 - Dec 31 by TheChef

Yes I'm always massively concerned for those poor Premier League players getting paid north of 50K a week. How do they manage compared to the average Joe??

https://thepfsa.co.uk/football-wages-how-much-do-footballers-get-paid/#:~:text=T

They want those living on welfare to worry about their welfare. Jog on, boys.
Sean Dyche on player welfare on 18:11 - Dec 31 with 1987 viewsswisscottage

Sean Dyche on player welfare on 14:26 - Dec 31 by terryb

I think you will find that Messi & Ronaldo played around 60 matches a season.

38 league games (the same as Rooney), 13 European Cup games (more than Rooney) & the Spanish cup is two legged. Plus the international appearances. Paul Gasgcoine would never have played that many games while playing in England.

That's my point.

I was trying to point out that mocking players for personal chefs and other 'luxury' staff, when it helps them eek out one or two more years of top flight football on 200k to 300k a week is not such a bad idea.

I pay someone to clean my apartment once a week. Its not that I don't know how, or that I can't do it well, its that I hate it and have better things to do with my time.

Same logic could apply to players who hire personal chefs etc.

The reason the likes of Messi and Ronaldo are able to play that many games at that level season after season is down to their professionalism in how they train, eat, and sleep and their whole approach to prolonging their life at the top of the game.

I'm not saying they don't have their peccadillos but they are not regularly on the p!ss and yoyoing on their body weight and fitness like the archetypal Brit.

In Britain we look at players over the age of 30 and think they're over the hill. On the Continent that threshold is over 35.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2021 18:14]
Sean Dyche on player welfare on 18:13 - Dec 31 with 1980 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Those frontline healthcare workers working 12-hour shifts day-in, day-out under massive strain during a pandemic; having to commute by their own means; and fending for themselves, should shut-the-fook up about their travails, when some pampered Carlos Kickabout bemoans playing 40+ games a year!

And that increasingly annoying dick, Juergen Klopp, is another one who should wake up and man up instead of trying to get sympathy for his charges.

Sean Dyche...hits nail on head!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Sean Dyche on player welfare on 09:16 - Jan 1 with 1755 viewsNortholt_Rs

Sean Dyche on player welfare on 14:00 - Dec 31 by Rangersw12

Tuchel interview after the Brighton game was embarrassing he was like a petulant child whinging about how many injuries he's got whilst naming a squad worth at least 150 million

Really wish the interviewers would say that's all well and good but haven't you got 20 plus players out on loan

The lack of self awareness from the big clubs is staggering. Sooner they Fck off and do the super league the better

Tuchel’s scum team v Brighton cost significantly more than £150m…..Lukaku cost £97.5m alone. Plus they have 30+ players out on loan. His constant bleating is a joy to behold! Long may it continue.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Sean Dyche on player welfare (n/t) on 19:22 - Jan 1 with 1593 viewsPaddyhoops

Sean Dyche on player welfare on 19:31 - Jan 1 with 1571 viewsdaveB

it's not as if they are playing that many games anyway. Klopp was going off on one the other night and they didn't even play on Boxing Day. Not many teams are going to have played all 3 games over Christmas in the prem
Sean Dyche on player welfare on 19:36 - Jan 1 with 1546 viewsPaddyhoops

Ryan giggs did ok. I said on a previous thread that the games will have to be played . The Manager's who want the games cancelled and get thier wish will be the ones moaning about playing three games in Five days later on in the season. The season and fixtures have to be finished. Get on with it.
As for Pep talking about player strikes. Crack on with the strikes and see how much sympathy you get
Fcke all I should imagine.
I should imagine An NHS worker who at the moment hasn't time to eat will be cracking up listening to the sh** this lot are coming out with.
Sean Dyche on player welfare on 21:49 - Jan 1 with 1442 viewsSK_hoops

Austin used to lay bricks 5 days a week, train twice a week and play a match once a week, I'm sure he wasn't moaning about player welfare once he got his move to Swindon. Bit of perspective.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024