Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next Season- Nightmare Promotion 12:05 - Jan 4 with 11912 viewsextratimeR

It's been mentioned on here before, but if we don't go up this year then next season looks bloody nigh on impossible.

Newcastle, Burnley, Norwich, plus probably West Brom, a reawakened Nottingham Forest and Middlesbrough, and possibly Sheffield United, plus add in a bit of er Sunderland, and it looks like a tricky season, is FFP temporarily suspended?

If it is then it might be time for the club to go for the extra two or three that might get us into play-offs.

( Particularly with the possible effects of AFCON
Next Season- Nightmare Promotion on 12:11 - Jan 4 with 4412 viewsLoftgirl

Let all them worry about us.
Next Season- Nightmare Promotion on 12:15 - Jan 4 with 4383 viewsDWQPR

Burnley’s new owners don’t seem so keen to invest in the club especially as they took on a huge amount of debt to by it in a similar way to the Glazers did at ManUre.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Next Season- Nightmare Promotion on 12:38 - Jan 4 with 4281 viewsthemodfather

why worry about what hasn't happened? all we can do is prepare for our games and win as many as we can , if and if, we can go up, have we suddenly got £100m plus for a new squad and wages? no, i think if that happened, we'd do a norwich and yo-yo .
the prem "dream" is a sodding modern corporate nightmare!
Next Season- Nightmare Promotion on 12:43 - Jan 4 with 4249 viewsdmm

Can I just say the Championship is more fun...?
Next Season- Nightmare Promotion on 12:47 - Jan 4 with 4210 viewsderbyhoop

Next Season- Nightmare Promotion on 12:38 - Jan 4 by themodfather

why worry about what hasn't happened? all we can do is prepare for our games and win as many as we can , if and if, we can go up, have we suddenly got £100m plus for a new squad and wages? no, i think if that happened, we'd do a norwich and yo-yo .
the prem "dream" is a sodding modern corporate nightmare!

I'm sure that will be the approach from our management team.
1 game at a time. Win as many as we can. See where we end up in May.
If we go up (automatic or via play offs), then worry about next season then.

Personally, I don't see us being any better than a Norwich type yo-yo, but the PL money would give us a chance to upgrade everything.

If we miss out this year, we try again. Have faith that the people running the club know what they are doing.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Next Season- Nightmare Promotion on 12:53 - Jan 4 with 4192 viewsstantheman10

The Premiership is a poison chalice. We go up and we'd probably have to spend a fortune to upgrade the ground to PL standards and then we'd need 5 or 6 decent players to avoid humiliation and still get stuffed nearly every week and then get relegated. What is the point? In all reality I'd rather us be just above mid table in the Championship and go all out to try and win the EFL Cup.
Next Season- Nightmare Promotion on 12:53 - Jan 4 with 4189 viewskensalriser

All time #1 Championship cliche: it's going to be a much tougher division next season.

It never is. Every season six teams exit and six teams enter. Sometimes they might collectively be a bit stronger, sometimes not.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Next Season- Nightmare Promotion on 13:00 - Jan 4 with 4149 viewsloftboy

There’s also a whole bunch of sides having to cut their cloth for FFP

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

Next Season- Nightmare Promotion on 13:12 - Jan 4 with 4083 viewsdaveB

worry about next season whatever division it is next summer. The Championship always looks a nightmare but is always wide open
Next Season- Nightmare Promotion on 13:13 - Jan 4 with 4068 viewsPinnerPaul

Said it before, but every season you get 3 PL clubs relegated with parachute payments, 3 sides promoted and 'flying' and the 3 worse sides relegated.

Plus no point worrying about next season already!
Next Season- Nightmare Promotion on 13:20 - Jan 4 with 4024 viewsslmrstid

This league always has big names in it, but it doesn't make them big teams.

Sheffield Wednesday, Ipswich Town and Bolton Wanderers are all big names, and they're currently 9th, 11th and 17th in League One.
Next Season- Nightmare Promotion on 13:25 - Jan 4 with 3979 viewsswitchingcode

Next Season- Nightmare Promotion on 12:43 - Jan 4 by dmm

Can I just say the Championship is more fun...?

As a premier league fan now I can 100% agree
Next Season- Nightmare Promotion on 13:26 - Jan 4 with 3972 viewsNorthernr

Next Season- Nightmare Promotion on 12:53 - Jan 4 by kensalriser

All time #1 Championship cliche: it's going to be a much tougher division next season.

It never is. Every season six teams exit and six teams enter. Sometimes they might collectively be a bit stronger, sometimes not.

I was gonna say this feels like something we say every year.
It'll be very, very Championship all over again.
Next Season- Nightmare Promotion on 13:29 - Jan 4 with 3939 viewsnix

Next Season- Nightmare Promotion on 13:25 - Jan 4 by switchingcode

As a premier league fan now I can 100% agree

How's it been for you actually going to the games? You're doing okay in terms of league table.
Next Season- Nightmare Promotion on 13:30 - Jan 4 with 3934 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The Championship cliché I love is that "it's the toughest division there is".

Right. Except for the one above it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Next Season- Nightmare Promotion on 13:33 - Jan 4 with 3908 viewscolinallcars

As my vicar says “sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof”
In plain English - we have enough problems today without worrying about tomorrow's.
Next Season- Nightmare Promotion on 13:39 - Jan 4 with 3868 viewsbosh67

Next Season- Nightmare Promotion on 12:53 - Jan 4 by stantheman10

The Premiership is a poison chalice. We go up and we'd probably have to spend a fortune to upgrade the ground to PL standards and then we'd need 5 or 6 decent players to avoid humiliation and still get stuffed nearly every week and then get relegated. What is the point? In all reality I'd rather us be just above mid table in the Championship and go all out to try and win the EFL Cup.

I pretty much agree. We'd have to spend a fortune to suffer a season of mild humiliation. I know Brentford look like they may well stay up but they are a bit of an exception to the rule (much as it pains me to say that). Yes it is the ambition of the players and the club to get promoted of course but the financial nightmare it creates for the club and humiliation for the fans is very painful. If we do get ourselves up then I can't begrudge the players, management or the owners but it will come at a price and that will be most of them being moved on if we lose a few games (and some being shipped out before that season started) and us going back to our awful mercenary days in one way or another.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Next Season- Nightmare Promotion on 13:40 - Jan 4 with 3865 viewshantssi

I think we should be more worried about staying up this season, we’re still not safe!
Next Season- Nightmare Promotion on 13:44 - Jan 4 with 3832 viewsPinnerPaul

Next Season- Nightmare Promotion on 13:30 - Jan 4 by BrianMcCarthy

The Championship cliché I love is that "it's the toughest division there is".

Right. Except for the one above it.

Gives me a chance to vent my feelings (again!) over an old football cliché

"You have to take your chances in this division"

I'm still searching for the competition that gives you a goal for missing!
Next Season- Nightmare Promotion on 13:45 - Jan 4 with 3817 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Next Season- Nightmare Promotion on 13:44 - Jan 4 by PinnerPaul

Gives me a chance to vent my feelings (again!) over an old football cliché

"You have to take your chances in this division"

I'm still searching for the competition that gives you a goal for missing!

I heard one of my favourites a few weeks ago watching my Nephew's Under-14 game.

The oppo got a free just outside the box and their coach shouted on "make the keeper work!"

Next Season- Nightmare Promotion on 13:48 - Jan 4 with 3793 viewsNorthernr

Don Goodman gets paid a fortune to roll these out on a loop.
Next Season- Nightmare Promotion on 13:56 - Jan 4 with 3743 viewsswitchingcode

Next Season- Nightmare Promotion on 12:53 - Jan 4 by stantheman10

We are doing much better than expected so far especially with the number of injuries to key players We have brought in 3 new players costing around 30 million and I’m more than happy if we leave it there.Let’s be honest a club of our size and finances will get relegated sooner or later from the PL as long as we don’t do a Villa or Fulham in blowing the money I’m ok.
Promotion has got to be a target for you and at the moment it’s very realistic and as some have pointed out the ground will need some money spent on it to meet PL standards but it will hardly blow a big hole in the tv moneyYou come down rebuild in the championship with parachute money and try and do what Burnley have managed.
I have only missed one game home and away this season but if we stay up I doubt if I’ll do many away next season the changes to kick off times is a killer and Sunday games are dire.The gap,facing promoted teams is massive and even after spending 120 mill Villa only missed relegation by one point last season.Would be good if You and Fulham come up if we stay up of course as it would mean a guaranteed 12 points for us 😃
In all seriousness I haven’t seen an outstanding side in the championship this season and it must be the most open in recent years.Even at the foot of the table I wouldn’t write Derby off from staying up.
Next Season- Nightmare Promotion on 14:06 - Jan 4 with 3694 viewsswitchingcode

Next Season- Nightmare Promotion on 13:29 - Jan 4 by nix

How's it been for you actually going to the games? You're doing okay in terms of league table.

I have posted touching on this,as far as match day experience it’s strange as after 50 odd years going to GP now going into a new stadium and very new division.I have a great seat in what is a fantastic stadium for us,I’ve been to Spurs new stadium which is unbelievable and so are most in the PL.The trouble is going to a new stadium some of your mates sit with you but many more go to different areas there is also complete change in pre match pub choices and the ones on the river are different gravy.
I’m in the minority I expect but one season will do me.
Next Season- Nightmare Promotion on 14:15 - Jan 4 with 3644 viewsNorthantsHoop

I am just going to go with the flow of things, we are playing good football, right in the play off mix and progressing nicely on and off the field. Don't really see promotion as a nightmare but as a progression. I have to say always thought the Warnock promotion season although exciting was on the back of far too much drama behind the scenes and had all the makings of failure at the top level, whilst the Redknapp play off promotion was just a rollercoaster ride of panic, no strategy and throwing money and hope it sticks. I have more faith that Warburton, his coaching team, Hoos, Ferdinand and the Board will have a sensible strategy to get us competing at Premier level.
Next Season- Nightmare Promotion on 14:21 - Jan 4 with 3605 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Next Season- Nightmare Promotion on 14:15 - Jan 4 by NorthantsHoop

I am just going to go with the flow of things, we are playing good football, right in the play off mix and progressing nicely on and off the field. Don't really see promotion as a nightmare but as a progression. I have to say always thought the Warnock promotion season although exciting was on the back of far too much drama behind the scenes and had all the makings of failure at the top level, whilst the Redknapp play off promotion was just a rollercoaster ride of panic, no strategy and throwing money and hope it sticks. I have more faith that Warburton, his coaching team, Hoos, Ferdinand and the Board will have a sensible strategy to get us competing at Premier level.

Agree with that, Northants.

The last three seasons have been mostly brilliant. I'm happy just enjoy it as it happens.

Not at all bothered whether we go up or not, but if we do I trust the club to handle it correctly.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024