Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Around The World in 80 Days (BBC) 14:00 - Jan 4 with 3029 viewsJuzzie

A lot of mutterings on social media about how woke/PC etc it is and how it's not faithful to the book etc etc
It's clearly been presented as an adaptation (clue is in the word) as opposed to a faithful replication.

I've not read the book (don't really do books) or seen any of the films or other TV series so was able to watch it completely as a blank canvass and not get my knickers in a twist about how some of the characters are portrayed and you know what, I enjoyed it.

Around The World in 80 Days (BBC) on 14:10 - Jan 4 with 2963 viewsDavieQPR

They not only changed the characters but they changed the Countries as well. Glad you got their message though.
Around The World in 80 Days (BBC) on 14:26 - Jan 4 with 2894 viewsDWQPR

Loved the book, really enjoyed the David Niven film and even the Steve Coogan one and of course the Michael Palin travelog. So this has got a lot to live up to.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Around The World in 80 Days (BBC) on 14:49 - Jan 4 with 2813 viewsJuzzie

Around The World in 80 Days (BBC) on 14:10 - Jan 4 by DavieQPR

They not only changed the characters but they changed the Countries as well. Glad you got their message though.

They also changed the love interest too. A lot of changes lol!

But as said, I just took it for what it was so enjoyed it as a result. Not sure I'd feel the same way about anything I saw in it's first incarnation but at least I could do so with this one.
I might see if any of the old stuff is available on Netflix etc, be good to compare.

I reckon there will be another one where they track down Captain Nemo & Nautilus!
Around The World in 80 Days (BBC) on 15:27 - Jan 4 with 2731 viewsBoston

Around The World in 80 Days (BBC) on 14:26 - Jan 4 by DWQPR

Loved the book, really enjoyed the David Niven film and even the Steve Coogan one and of course the Michael Palin travelog. So this has got a lot to live up to.

Niven’s biography, The Moon’s a Balloon, is worth a read.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2022 15:27]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Around The World in 80 Days (BBC) on 19:00 - Jan 4 with 2549 viewsPaddyhoops

Great show. Touch of the indiana Jones about it.
Great locations and brilliant soundtrack!
Around The World in 80 Days (BBC) on 19:26 - Jan 4 with 2476 viewsRanger_Things

Sending death threats to the RNLI and The National Trust is fun but Anti-woke wierdos favourite pastime will always be moaning about the BBC. I really enjoyed this adaptation. Decent family TV entertainment, perfect for the Sunday 7pm slot.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2022 19:27]
Around The World in 80 Days (BBC) on 02:58 - Jan 5 with 2249 viewsCiderwithRsie

Around The World in 80 Days (BBC) on 15:27 - Jan 4 by Boston

Niven’s biography, The Moon’s a Balloon, is worth a read.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2022 15:27]

My favourite David Niven story was from the war when briefing his troops before an attack.

He said something like "Look lads, I know this is going to be tough, but remember: you only have to do it once. I'll have to do it again in Hollywood with bloody Errol Flynn"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024