Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well Done Australia 21:47 - Jan 5 with 38503 viewsDWQPR

Cancelling the visa for the arrogant anti-Vaxer Djorkovic. Never liked the bloke. Let’s hope other countries follow suit.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Well Done Australia on 21:50 - Jan 5 with 9318 viewsconnell10

Good ...tw at

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Well Done Australia on 21:55 - Jan 5 with 9293 viewsflynnbo

Novaxx Djokovic.
Well Done Australia on 22:04 - Jan 5 with 9223 viewseghamranger

Does come over as arrogant.

Saw some Australians being interviewed on the news, they were fuming saying ‘ one rule for them one rule for us’ and I can’t blame them.

No doubt Wimbledon will welcome him with open arms 🙄
Well Done Australia on 22:10 - Jan 5 with 9188 viewsstowmarketrange

Good on them for cancelling his visa.It shows that the Australian open is about more than one player,no matter who they are.
Not good on 22:23 - Jan 5 with 9114 viewssuperhoopdownunder

This is not well done.
Australia is run by a bunch of incompetent, corrupt politicians and bureaucrats.
We are not even allowed to leave the country or go to different states at the moment.
Novak Djokovic is not the problem here - it is the politicians and bureaucrats making the decisions - nothing is based on common sense but all on political point scoring.

It is a shadow of the country I emigrated to 24 years ago.
Not good on 22:37 - Jan 5 with 9055 viewsozexile

Not good on 22:23 - Jan 5 by superhoopdownunder

This is not well done.
Australia is run by a bunch of incompetent, corrupt politicians and bureaucrats.
We are not even allowed to leave the country or go to different states at the moment.
Novak Djokovic is not the problem here - it is the politicians and bureaucrats making the decisions - nothing is based on common sense but all on political point scoring.

Well said.
Not good on 23:33 - Jan 5 with 8877 viewsWatfordR

Not good on 22:23 - Jan 5 by superhoopdownunder

This is not well done.

Indeed.

Aussie PM said on Tuesday that Victoria's state government had provided the player with an exemption to enter the country and that officials would act "in accordance with that decision".

I've no problem with him being treated in the same way as everyone else, however I can't for the life of me understand why governments across the world aren't prepared to make Covid vaccinations mandatory. This should never be about turning people into hate figures for choosing to exercise their rights.

Unless of course they choose to support the Scum
Not good on 01:16 - Jan 6 with 8722 viewsozexile

Not good on 23:33 - Jan 5 by WatfordR

Indeed.

Aussie PM said on Tuesday that Victoria's state government had provided the player with an exemption to enter the country and that officials would act "in accordance with that decision".

I've no problem with him being treated in the same way as everyone else, however I can't for the life of me understand why governments across the world aren't prepared to make Covid vaccinations mandatory. This should never be about turning people into hate figures for choosing to exercise their rights.

Unless of course they choose to support the Scum

It's an absolute shambles. I see they've said it's a visa technicality rather than about his vaccination status. Who knows where it will end up? In respect to Clive I won't comment anymore on this thread suffice to say let's get our lives back this is getting totally ridiculous now.
Login to get fewer ads

Well Done Australia on 02:03 - Jan 6 with 8684 viewsSydneyRs

Whatever anyone thinks of the rules themselves, he's not above them despite his arrogant announcement that he was on his way with a valid exemption. Fck him.
Well Done Australia on 07:31 - Jan 6 with 8468 viewstraininvain

Well Done Australia on 08:01 - Jan 6 with 8399 viewsTheChef

Divide and conquer.

Stop the world, I want to get off.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Well Done Australia on 09:23 - Jan 6 with 8206 viewsStanFan

Well Done Australia on 02:03 - Jan 6 by SydneyRs

Whatever anyone thinks of the rules themselves, he's not above them despite his arrogant announcement that he was on his way with a valid exemption. Fck him.

This!
It is nothing to do with how good or bad the rules are. It is nothing to do with how much you like or hate Djokovic.
It is 100% about the same rules applying to everyone no matter how rich or influential they may be.
Well Done Australia on 09:39 - Jan 6 with 8149 viewsMaggsinho

Well Done Australia on 09:23 - Jan 6 by StanFan

This!
It is nothing to do with how good or bad the rules are. It is nothing to do with how much you like or hate Djokovic.
It is 100% about the same rules applying to everyone no matter how rich or influential they may be.

Yep, he's made a personal choice which he is entitled to make but needs to understand that it will have an impact.

Just as if he had refused a yellow fever vaccination he wouldn't be able to enter, eg, Argentina.
Well Done Australia on 09:41 - Jan 6 with 8144 viewsstevec

Have to say, I’m quite pleased someone as high profile as Novak is prepared to tough this out.

I’ve happily gone along with the vaccinations, the booster, it’s probably the right thing to do. That said, I’ve never in my life felt so lethargic and been so susceptible to illness as I have done in 2021.

I’m 62 years old, it can happen. If I was a 30 year old world number one in tennis, would I be questioning the possibility that maybe, just maybe, these vax might also have potential negatives that will impact my career and life? Quite possibly.
Not good on 09:51 - Jan 6 with 8110 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Other tennis players are in Australia having used the same type of visa and medical exemption as Novak.
Therefore he is being treated differently than others.
He had a court case this afternoon and remains in Australia until this gets sorted out on Monday.

Surely we all want everyone to be treated the same regardless of who they are.
We have lost a lot of our freedom over the past two years.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2022 9:56]
Well Done Australia on 09:52 - Jan 6 with 8109 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Well Done Australia on 09:23 - Jan 6 by StanFan

This!

But they don't though, do they? Last year multiple celebs travelled to Australia despite the 'rules'... Alan Sugar springs to mind as he went to film The Apprentice over there. Julia Roberts and Zac Efron too if memory serves. No massive global uproar then despite normal Aussies not being allowed to travel. That's fine because they're likeable characters right? Just reading some of the comments here it's clear the approval of Novak's refusal isn't because of the 'rules' but rather because they have a subjective view on it - they don't like him.
Well Done Australia on 09:55 - Jan 6 with 8085 viewsWatfordR

Well Done Australia on 09:52 - Jan 6 by Orthodox_Hoop

But they don't though, do they? Last year multiple celebs travelled to Australia despite the 'rules'... Alan Sugar springs to mind as he went to film The Apprentice over there. Julia Roberts and Zac Efron too if memory serves. No massive global uproar then despite normal Aussies not being allowed to travel. That's fine because they're likeable characters right? Just reading some of the comments here it's clear the approval of Novak's refusal isn't because of the 'rules' but rather because they have a subjective view on it - they don't like him.

Agree.

I don't think we'd be seeing the same response if for example, half a dozen of the England squad got turned away from Qatar at the end of this year for the same reason.
Well Done Australia on 10:33 - Jan 6 with 7966 viewsJuzzie

20 years ago I went to Thailand. I had to have a malaria jab otherwise I wasn't allowed to go. I'd imagine the same applied to everyone else who wanted to go there and needed one.

I don't recall there being national/global outcry about the rule. People just had the jab and got on with it. I get that the jab was more to protect me and everyone upon my return rather than protecting them from me taking anything in, but either way it's just about protecting people.

Australia say you need it (whether you agree with it or not) if you wish to visit. Their country, their rules. If you don't like it, tough. They have to do what they feel is in the best interest of their country & citizens.

Why are people so fking (mock?)outraged about abso-bloody-lutely every litte fking thing these days.

[Post edited 6 Jan 2022 10:53]
Well Done Australia on 10:59 - Jan 6 with 7883 viewsahoz

Well Done Australia on 10:33 - Jan 6 by Juzzie

20 years ago I went to Thailand. I had to have a malaria jab otherwise I wasn't allowed to go. I'd imagine the same applied to everyone else who wanted to go there and needed one.

I don't recall there being national/global outcry about the rule. People just had the jab and got on with it. I get that the jab was more to protect me and everyone upon my return rather than protecting them from me taking anything in, but either way it's just about protecting people.

Australia say you need it (whether you agree with it or not) if you wish to visit. Their country, their rules. If you don't like it, tough. They have to do what they feel is in the best interest of their country & citizens.

Why are people so fking (mock?)outraged about abso-bloody-lutely every litte fking thing these days.

Fair enough, but to many the issue is not true vaccines, but the cv19 jabs currently available. Cannot say for sure, but it seems Novavax coming up is like a true vaccine and may be more acceptable to many.
Well Done Australia on 11:06 - Jan 6 with 7849 viewsWatfordR

Well Done Australia on 10:33 - Jan 6 by Juzzie

Juzzie, as I said above, I've no issue with everyone being treated the same way, although on Tuesday it appeared that Djokovic's entry to Oz was a matter for the state authorities to deal with, less than two days later there's political capital to be made from it, so all of a sudden, it's about following rules and protecting people.

Malaria, as far as I know, isn't transmissible from person to person, so having a jab to go to a country where you can catch is about protecting the individual, and I suppose to an extent, about not jamming up another country's health facilities.

My question still stands though; if being Covid vaccinated is about protecting people, national health services, economies and so on, why is it not made mandatory? Is it right to say it's your choice, but if you don't have it you'll be treated like a leper?
Well Done Australia on 11:07 - Jan 6 with 7785 viewsTomS

There are a few angles to this.

He is a poster boy for the anti-vaccers. Many people don't agree with his view on this.

He has been assessed by independent medical teams who have determined that he meets the criteria for a medical exemption for Covid, to allow him play in the tournament. I am guessing that he had Covid over the past 6 months.

Australia's politicians are looking for an excuse to distract attention away from their alleged mismanagement of the pandemic in recent times.

The customs and immigration team are only doing their job. The visa wasn't in order, so he can't enter the country until that's resolved. I'm sure it will be in time.

This will blow over once the reason for his exemption is outlined to the media. He will get to enter the country and he will play in the tournament.
Well Done Australia on 11:14 - Jan 6 with 7792 viewsfrancisbowles

Well Done Australia on 11:06 - Jan 6 by WatfordR

Juzzie, as I said above, I've no issue with everyone being treated the same way, although on Tuesday it appeared that Djokovic's entry to Oz was a matter for the state authorities to deal with, less than two days later there's political capital to be made from it, so all of a sudden, it's about following rules and protecting people.

Malaria, as far as I know, isn't transmissible from person to person, so having a jab to go to a country where you can catch is about protecting the individual, and I suppose to an extent, about not jamming up another country's health facilities.

My question still stands though; if being Covid vaccinated is about protecting people, national health services, economies and so on, why is it not made mandatory? Is it right to say it's your choice, but if you don't have it you'll be treated like a leper?

It has been mandated in certain countries and for certain individuals. In the UK and other countries, we have the right to choose but surely there should, will have to be, somethings that you are not entitled to attend if you refuse to be vaccinated.
Well Done Australia on 11:30 - Jan 6 with 7734 viewsPlanetHonneywood

If Covid-19 has done anything, then it’s highlighted the level of utter stupidity that prevails throughout the world, from the corridors of power to the average person on the Clapham omnibus.

At times I’m staggered for when you think it can’t get anymore stupid, it just does!

Of more concern is the reality that this is a relatively speaking, innocuous pandemic compared to previous ones. And yet, not one thing has been learned from history. The worry is and should be: the way humankind continues to live will only increase the likelihood of further virus based events which, if they were as virulent and deadly as say, the Spanish Flu pandemic of 100 years ago, could easily escalate to a more catastrophic level event than Covid-19 has been!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Well Done Australia on 11:30 - Jan 6 with 7722 viewsThe_Beast1976

Good for him. Hopefully there are many more high profile people around the globe who will now stand up to the authorities on this. This madness mist end, and end soon.
Well Done Australia on 11:40 - Jan 6 with 7706 viewsWatfordR

Well Done Australia on 11:14 - Jan 6 by francisbowles

It has been mandated in certain countries and for certain individuals. In the UK and other countries, we have the right to choose but surely there should, will have to be, somethings that you are not entitled to attend if you refuse to be vaccinated.

True, there's a handful of countries globally that have made vaccines mandatory.

But my point is that we are told that having a vaccine is a national imperative, therefore it's got to be the responsibility of our government to do what is necessary to protect the people, health service and economy. Leaving it to individuals to "do the right thing" and treating them like naughty children if they don't, does not in my opinion make any sense.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024