Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our fine v Bournemouth 12:04 - Jan 7 with 2606 viewsPinnerPaul

I was curious to find out why they were fined £25,000 but we were only fined £5,000.

They were fine £15,000 recently - extract from case below, so 5th, yes 5th fine for the same thing in just over 4 years so that's why their's was 5 x higher than ours.

".The Regulatory Commission considered previous sanctions imposed on AFC
Bournemouth with regard to breaches of Rule E20 which are detailed as follows:
(1) The Club was fined £750 for a similar incident in a fixture in February 2017;
(2) The Club was fined £20,000 for a similar incident that occurred in a fixture in
May 2017; and
(3) The Club was fined £10,000 for a similar incident in a fixture in February 2021
14.It was noted by the Regulatory Commission that this is the fourth incident of this nature
in just over four years.
15.The Regulatory Commission did take into account the fact that the Charges were
admitted by AFC Bournemouth and read and acknowledged the written submissions.
Conclusion
16.The Regulatory Commission, having carefully considered the Regulations and the
mitigating factors, have imposed the following sanctions: that AFC Bournemouth be
fined the sum of £15,000."

Full written reasons for their latest fine not up on FA website yet.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2022 12:04]
Our fine v Bournemouth on 12:15 - Jan 7 with 2515 viewskensalriser

Is there any point to these paltry fines? They're absolute chickenfeed compared to what Bournemouth's weekly wage bill must be, to the point where the club could easily view them as worth paying if they feel there's a competitive advantage. A suspended points deduction would be much more effective.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Our fine v Bournemouth on 12:15 - Jan 7 with 2510 viewsPinnerPaul

Our fine v Bournemouth on 12:15 - Jan 7 by kensalriser

Is there any point to these paltry fines? They're absolute chickenfeed compared to what Bournemouth's weekly wage bill must be, to the point where the club could easily view them as worth paying if they feel there's a competitive advantage. A suspended points deduction would be much more effective.

Yes I tend to agree.
Our fine v Bournemouth (n/t) on 12:21 - Jan 7 with 2472 viewsLoftgirl

[Post edited 8 Jan 2022 1:31]
Our fine v Bournemouth on 12:24 - Jan 7 with 2455 viewsPinnerPaul

Our fine v Bournemouth (n/t) on 12:21 - Jan 7 by Loftgirl

[Post edited 8 Jan 2022 1:31]

Yep that's their FIFTH offence, the most recent one last month, Barbet grabs their player who was being an idiot, 15 players rush 50+ yards for a push and a shove including our player who is on a yellow and he grabs one of their players round the the throat - yep all that's down to you know who
Our fine v Bournemouth on 12:46 - Jan 7 with 2366 viewsstowmarketrange

Maybe they had to pay Stroud’s wages in used notes in a brown envelope out of the £25k?
Our fine v Bournemouth on 13:21 - Jan 7 with 2250 viewsPinnerPaul

On a lighter note, here's some more examples (All involving one club) of poor refereeing!

Our fine v Bournemouth on 13:23 - Jan 7 with 2231 viewsAntti_Heinola

Our fine v Bournemouth on 12:24 - Jan 7 by PinnerPaul

Yep that's their FIFTH offence, the most recent one last month, Barbet grabs their player who was being an idiot, 15 players rush 50+ yards for a push and a shove including our player who is on a yellow and he grabs one of their players round the the throat - yep all that's down to you know who

Coastguard?

Bare bones.

Our fine v Bournemouth on 13:28 - Jan 7 with 2204 viewsPinnerPaul

Our fine v Bournemouth on 13:23 - Jan 7 by Antti_Heinola

Coastguard?

I think their last one was because one of their players went down easily and Millwall players took exception.

Andy Sinton called it out on Birmingham commentary after the Sunic 'orange' foul.

Yes its a bad challenge, but ref has seen it, got the card out so why is Field getting involved?

Its just daft, as Andy pointed out - Sunic ends up with a yellow and Field could have got a red!
Login to get fewer ads

Our fine v Bournemouth on 13:56 - Jan 7 with 2088 viewsMick_S

Our fine v Bournemouth on 13:21 - Jan 7 by PinnerPaul

On a lighter note, here's some more examples (All involving one club) of poor refereeing!

Absolute
Feckin’
Hell.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Our fine v Bournemouth on 14:04 - Jan 7 with 2039 viewsPinnerPaul

Our fine v Bournemouth on 13:56 - Jan 7 by Mick_S

Absolute
Feckin’
Hell.

I don't know what's worse, the actual on field stuff or the voice over!
Our fine v Bournemouth on 14:09 - Jan 7 with 2011 viewsNorthernr

Another referee losing control here Pinner

Our fine v Bournemouth on 14:26 - Jan 7 with 1965 viewsPinnerPaul

Our fine v Bournemouth on 14:09 - Jan 7 by Northernr

Seen that on RefChat.

Have you read the match report? - very honest and scathing about his own team.

Quite amusing and although a different style to you, actually quite good!
Our fine v Bournemouth on 14:31 - Jan 7 with 1956 viewsPinnerPaul

Our fine v Bournemouth on 14:09 - Jan 7 by Northernr

I like to provide balance and we actually had a discussion on RefChat about does a referee ever contribute to a game getting away from them?

Conclusion was, yes of course they can!

There's another one (National League so a cut above the Sunday nonsense I posted!) whereby the player literally pushes referee's hand away - he got a red, upheld on appeal and there was a level 3 ref on the board, who whilst admitting it was not an easy game, felt the referee could have kept a lid on it better (3 reds in total and a few mass cons)

In some ways it IS easier at the top because physical confrontation with the referee is (almost) unheard of and even the player confrontations are normally no worse than handbags!
Our fine v Bournemouth on 14:51 - Jan 7 with 1885 viewsloftboy

They remind me of when I used to referee CB United of Hounslow when they were just a park team.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Our fine v Bournemouth on 15:15 - Jan 7 with 1803 viewsMick_S

Our fine v Bournemouth on 14:51 - Jan 7 by loftboy

They remind me of when I used to referee CB United of Hounslow when they were just a park team.

I remember that club very well!!

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Our fine v Bournemouth on 19:48 - Jan 7 with 1333 viewsTripleR

It is any wonder that we don't get many wanting to become ref's.
The abuse, the threatening behaviour of the people watching, random guy's coming onto the field to remonstrate with the officials.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024