Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky 15:04 - Jan 11 with 13303 viewsNorthernr

Barnsley now 8pm Saturday night!!!

Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 10:47 - Jan 12 with 2318 viewsKonk

Barnsley away at 8pm on a Saturday night is an unbelievable pis stake. Someone at SKY genuinely hates match-going football fans. I think we're about two years away from SKY adopting an early 90's rave approach, where the League don't publish fixture lists at all, so you don't know who you're playing or where you're playing, but a couple of hours before kick-off, you'll get a phone call telling you to meet at South Mimms services in 30 minutes, and then you'll all have to go up to the game in a big convoy, arriving with five minutes to spare before kick-off, assuming you don't get lost on the way. Have the games start at midnight in a big field in the middle of nowhere and then leave everyone to make their way home just before sunrise.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 11:30 - Jan 12 with 2201 viewsderbyhoop

It would be intersting to see the viewing figures for Barnsley vs QPR at 8pm on a Saturday night.

I'm not sure I could get that one past the OH.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 16:17 - Jan 12 with 2037 viewsdaveB

just had a look and it's £101 return to Blackburn. If anyone finds a cheaper way can you post it on here?
Cheers
Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 16:21 - Jan 12 with 2020 viewsPinnerPaul

Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 16:17 - Jan 12 by daveB

just had a look and it's £101 return to Blackburn. If anyone finds a cheaper way can you post it on here?
Cheers

Not being flippant (for a change), but as someone asked on here a while ago, is the train ever going to be cheaper and/or more convenient that driving?

I know you can't have a drink that way, but for regulars, if there's say 4 of you, that's only one dry awayday in every 4 - got to be much cheaper?

Am I missing something?

PLEASE don't take this the wrong way folks - it does seem to be that way on here lately! - as I have great admiration for our away support as its been terrific this season (as in most seasons)
[Post edited 12 Jan 2022 17:28]
Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 16:22 - Jan 12 with 2024 viewsNorthernr

Cheers

Buy to Preston. Then just get a local ticket from there to Blackburn or Mill hill on the day.

I got the 07.30 there and the 17.59 back for 50 quid or thereabouts by getting London to Preston. When I typed in London to Blackburn it was coming up with all sorts of ludicrous stuff like you've seen.

The new Avanti website is a disgrace. It's designed to rip you off, even if you know what you're doing.

Particularly with trips to Birmingham I've had it offer me tickets at one price, then seen much cheaper Avanti tickets on the same trains on trainline, national rail, or other company's sites. I've also had it pretend to me that there's only one option for a journey, when actually there are other companies offering cheaper tickets for the same route.

You can also do London to Leeds, Leeds to Blackburn on that trip as well.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 16:23 - Jan 12 with 2019 viewsdaveB

Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 16:21 - Jan 12 by PinnerPaul

Not being flippant (for a change), but as someone asked on here a while ago, is the train ever going to be cheaper and/or more convenient that driving?

I know you can't have a drink that way, but for regulars, if there's say 4 of you, that's only one dry awayday in every 4 - got to be much cheaper?

Am I missing something?

PLEASE don't take this the wrong way folks - it does seem to be that way on here lately! - as I have great admiration for our away support as its been terrific this season (as in most seasons)

I don't drive so it's a lot more convenient for me but even as a passenger I'd rather get the train
Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 16:27 - Jan 12 with 2016 viewsNorthernr

Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 16:21 - Jan 12 by PinnerPaul

Am I missing something?

If there's four of you, and you have a car, and one doesn't mind doing the driving and not drinking, then yeh it'll be cheaper.

In our group...
- Lot of people in London don't have a car. I think there's literally one car owner among our London-based group of a dozen. So if we did do the car, it would be Jeff/Mrs Jeff driving every week.
- Like you say, you probably want to have a drink. And being the one sober one in a group who are drinking is tiresome.
- It's waaaaay more pleasurable going on the train than being stuck in a car all day. It's often the better part of the day.
- There's frequently too many of us for a car. Six of us for Peterborough already for example, nine of us went there last time.
Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 16:28 - Jan 12 with 2015 viewsstowmarketrange

Cheers

Have you tried railsplit?I managed to find a return to Blackburn for £39 on there but I had to pay them £9 for my share of the savings.I bought the same split return tickets from greater Anglia and only paid the £30.
Login to get fewer ads

Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 16:29 - Jan 12 with 2009 viewsdaveB

Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 16:22 - Jan 12 by Northernr

Buy to Preston. Then just get a local ticket from there to Blackburn or Mill hill on the day.

I got the 07.30 there and the 17.59 back for 50 quid or thereabouts by getting London to Preston. When I typed in London to Blackburn it was coming up with all sorts of ludicrous stuff like you've seen.

The new Avanti website is a disgrace. It's designed to rip you off, even if you know what you're doing.

Particularly with trips to Birmingham I've had it offer me tickets at one price, then seen much cheaper Avanti tickets on the same trains on trainline, national rail, or other company's sites. I've also had it pretend to me that there's only one option for a journey, when actually there are other companies offering cheaper tickets for the same route.

You can also do London to Leeds, Leeds to Blackburn on that trip as well.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Thanks mate, will keep trying

Mate of mine got done last week for Coventry tickets charged him 58 quid and never mentioned it was a bus replacement when you can get direct trains, now no refunds. He's going to take his chances on the day and get on a different train
Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 16:49 - Jan 12 with 1950 viewsMrSheen

Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 16:29 - Jan 12 by daveB

Thanks mate, will keep trying

Mate of mine got done last week for Coventry tickets charged him 58 quid and never mentioned it was a bus replacement when you can get direct trains, now no refunds. He's going to take his chances on the day and get on a different train

Just booked the 0830 out of Euston. Weirdly, the return to Blackburn via Preston was cheaper than a straight return to Preston on Trainline. I'm actually staying the night in Clive's favourite, Lytham St Anne's, with my sister and my Rovers-supporting brother-in-law.

PS, this is so strange. Just kicking myself I didn't add the leg up from Mortlake to Euston, and found it adds £30 per person! Lucky escape.
Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 17:29 - Jan 12 with 1891 viewsPinnerPaul

Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 16:23 - Jan 12 by daveB

I don't drive so it's a lot more convenient for me but even as a passenger I'd rather get the train

Fair enough Dave
Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 17:30 - Jan 12 with 1886 viewsPinnerPaul

Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 16:27 - Jan 12 by Northernr

If there's four of you, and you have a car, and one doesn't mind doing the driving and not drinking, then yeh it'll be cheaper.

In our group...
- Lot of people in London don't have a car. I think there's literally one car owner among our London-based group of a dozen. So if we did do the car, it would be Jeff/Mrs Jeff driving every week.
- Like you say, you probably want to have a drink. And being the one sober one in a group who are drinking is tiresome.
- It's waaaaay more pleasurable going on the train than being stuck in a car all day. It's often the better part of the day.
- There's frequently too many of us for a car. Six of us for Peterborough already for example, nine of us went there last time.

Cheers Clive, yes can see the attraction/reasons (the £s aside) now.
Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 17:37 - Jan 12 with 1880 viewsNorthernr

Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 17:30 - Jan 12 by PinnerPaul

Cheers Clive, yes can see the attraction/reasons (the £s aside) now.

Another one - it's quicker.
2 and a bit hours London to Preston, you wouldn't do that on the M6.
I did a car to Middlesbrough a few years ago and my God it was a long day.
Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 17:47 - Jan 12 with 1845 viewsPinnerPaul

Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 17:37 - Jan 12 by Northernr

Another one - it's quicker.
2 and a bit hours London to Preston, you wouldn't do that on the M6.
I did a car to Middlesbrough a few years ago and my God it was a long day.

Each to his own I guess.

I've always driven on my rare away trips - Manchester, Liverpool, Villa the most recent ones.

Before that I drove to Sheffield with my son for the League 1 promotion decider.

Back in black and white days my granddad and auntie took me to a few away games - Birmingham, Derby, Ipswich and we always went by train then.

Drive to the KPFS stadium as well now, but in the 70s when I lived at home with my Mum and Dad in Northolt always went by tube as I OBVIOUSLY! wasn't old enough to drive then.
Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 18:10 - Jan 12 with 1813 viewsR_from_afar

Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 16:16 - Jan 11 by gazza1

So sad........Friday & Saturday in Barnsley .

These fine gentlemen would beg to differ...

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 14:58 - Jan 20 with 1546 viewsLanhoop

And it changes again...

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/barnsley-kick-off-change-200122/
Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 15:02 - Jan 20 with 1499 viewsDieByYourSide

Jesus Christ. Has to be into refunds territory now surely.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 15:05 - Jan 20 with 1453 viewsmakaveli1882

Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 14:58 - Jan 20 by Lanhoop

And it changes again...

This is scandalous, people have booked trains, hotels and various other things planned around this original fa*k up
Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 15:06 - Jan 20 with 1448 viewsstowmarketrange

That is ridiculous.How can anyone plan for any games when they change their minds so often?
Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 15:10 - Jan 20 with 1415 viewstoboboly

F@cking disgusting. Complaints surely to the League, Club, Sky, DCMS, FSA, include all the media outlets and MP's

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 15:14 - Jan 20 with 1377 viewsdaveB

They are taking the piss now
Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 15:17 - Jan 20 with 1344 viewseastside_r

That is disgraceful.
Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 15:20 - Jan 20 with 1302 viewsconnell10

Good grief, I don't do away games , but you lot who do my heart goes out to ýou .....that is a piss take , I hate Sky soooooo f ucking much .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 15:21 - Jan 20 with 1299 viewsRangersw12

Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 14:58 - Jan 20 by Lanhoop

And it changes again...

Piss poor statement aswell with no explanation on why it's been moved back or any apology for mucking fans about

The fans should boycott this game
Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 15:23 - Jan 20 with 1287 viewsNorthernr

Given that they only gave you a month's notice in the first place there will be people potentially who had original trains that then needed to change, and now have a second set of trains that need to change as well. And EMR into Sheffield are one of those that don't do refunds, despite Covid. LNER on the adjacent line refund you no questions asked atm.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024