Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky 15:04 - Jan 11 with 13299 viewsNorthernr

Barnsley now 8pm Saturday night!!!

Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 15:36 - Jan 20 with 3130 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Jesus, that is shockingly poor form!

Sympathies, folks.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 15:44 - Jan 20 with 3044 viewsmakaveli1882

Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 15:23 - Jan 20 by Northernr

Given that they only gave you a month's notice in the first place there will be people potentially who had original trains that then needed to change, and now have a second set of trains that need to change as well. And EMR into Sheffield are one of those that don't do refunds, despite Covid. LNER on the adjacent line refund you no questions asked atm.

I managed to convince my Mrs and inlaws to drive up from Wycombe Friday with my son who is not even a month old for a two night stay in York.

Hotels crazy prices being valentines weekend, have Train, Viking and Air museums all planned with me and the father in law leaving at 5pm and getting last back to York arriving midnight.

Now I have to replan and rejig everything because of Sky and Barnsley but more importantly my own club letting me down!
Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 15:52 - Jan 20 with 2974 viewsdenhamhoop2

Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 14:58 - Jan 20 by Lanhoop

And it changes again...

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/barnsley-kick-off-change-200122/

FFS I shall be formally complaining to the club as this will cost me another 50 quid on the train journey and cost of a hotel room unused
Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 15:54 - Jan 20 with 2945 viewspaulhoop2

Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 15:52 - Jan 20 by denhamhoop2

FFS I shall be formally complaining to the club as this will cost me another 50 quid on the train journey and cost of a hotel room unused

Let’s see if our “wonderful” coms Dept put out a proper statement

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 16:10 - Jan 20 with 2835 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Not sure if I've missed something but surely the club are powerless here, so also blameless?

Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 16:15 - Jan 20 with 2818 viewsRangersw12

Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 16:10 - Jan 20 by BrianMcCarthy

Not sure if I've missed something but surely the club are powerless here, so also blameless?

Maybe so but they can at least explain why its been changed again and that they sympathise with the fans being mucked around
Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 16:17 - Jan 20 with 2795 viewsnix

I've Tweeted them. Is it because they now want to show Middlesbrough Derby instead? Or some other match that's now more interesting...
Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 16:20 - Jan 20 with 2780 viewsdenhamhoop2

Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 16:10 - Jan 20 by BrianMcCarthy

Just because Sky no longer want to show the game doesn't mean it automatically has to return to a 3pm kick off does it so they have to share some of the blame Shirley?
Login to get fewer ads

Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 16:22 - Jan 20 with 2772 viewsHarbour

Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 16:17 - Jan 20 by nix

I've Tweeted them. Is it because they now want to show Middlesbrough Derby instead? Or some other match that's now more interesting...

Yes be interesting to see the reasoning. Time change announcement same time as new date for Millwall game. Could the club have complained about wall game being so close? Or is it sky being dicks
Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 16:48 - Jan 20 with 2617 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Fair points RangersW12 and Denham. I hadn't considered either point.

Guess we'll find out more in time.

Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 19:57 - Jan 20 with 2149 viewsderbyhoop

Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 15:05 - Jan 20 by makaveli1882

This is scandalous, people have booked trains, hotels and various other things planned around this original fa*k up

Maybe somebody at Sky had a rethink and thought Barnsley vs QPR @ 8pm on a Saturday night wasn't a big draw. You wouldn't have had to take your socks off to count the audience.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 21:35 - Jan 20 with 1950 viewsdavman

When are the Barnsley tickets coming up for sale? I can go now its back to three!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 10:49 - Jan 21 with 1582 viewsfrancisbowles

Have sky ever done this before? If not then it needs to be protested vehemently by the affected parties and all the clubs. It mustn't set a precedent.

I can't believe they have the power to change their mind after moving a game.
Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 10:51 - Jan 21 with 1578 viewsNorthernr

Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 16:22 - Jan 20 by Harbour

Yes be interesting to see the reasoning. Time change announcement same time as new date for Millwall game. Could the club have complained about wall game being so close? Or is it sky being dicks

It's the Millwall thing as I understand it. QPR refused to wear a Tuesday game if they weren't getting back until the early hours of Sunday morning.
Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 11:06 - Jan 21 with 1512 viewsHarbour

Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 10:51 - Jan 21 by Northernr

It's the Millwall thing as I understand it. QPR refused to wear a Tuesday game if they weren't getting back until the early hours of Sunday morning.

Thanks had a feeling this might be the case MW been vocal about scheduling. But you got to ask why Sky moved the game to a 8pm Saturday night in the first place. Feel for anyone with train tickets hotels booked etc.
Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 11:06 - Jan 21 with 1510 viewsLongsufferingR

Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 10:49 - Jan 21 by francisbowles

Have sky ever done this before? If not then it needs to be protested vehemently by the affected parties and all the clubs. It mustn't set a precedent.

I can't believe they have the power to change their mind after moving a game.

Yes, I remember the same thing happening to Portsmouth v Sheff Wed earlier this season
Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 14:07 - Jan 21 with 1344 viewstoboboly

For those affected;

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/club-explains-barnsley-kick-off-change-2101

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 14:10 - Jan 21 with 1321 viewsEsox_Lucius

Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 14:07 - Jan 21 by toboboly

For those affected;

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/club-explains-barnsley-kick-off-change-2101

Sounds promising

The grass is always greener.

Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 14:22 - Jan 21 with 1275 viewsBrianMcCarthy

For those affected;

Excellent.

Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 15:11 - Jan 21 with 1148 viewsHarbour

For those affected;

That’s good the club look like doing the right thing for the team and supporters.
Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 15:13 - Jan 21 with 1143 viewsstowmarketrange

Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 21:35 - Jan 20 by davman

When are the Barnsley tickets coming up for sale? I can go now its back to three!

I can’t see us selling out at barnsley in February.We didn’t in 2010-11 and that was when we were going for the championship title.
Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 15:44 - Jan 21 with 1065 viewsfrancisbowles

Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 15:13 - Jan 21 by stowmarketrange

I can’t see us selling out at barnsley in February.We didn’t in 2010-11 and that was when we were going for the championship title.

What was wrong with moving the Millwall game to the Wednesday?
Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 15:46 - Jan 21 with 1061 viewsNorthernr

Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 15:44 - Jan 21 by francisbowles

What was wrong with moving the Millwall game to the Wednesday?

Well they're away at Blackburn on the Saturday so they maybe wouldn't wear that the other way.

Or the police didn't want it on Wednesday for some reason.
Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 16:01 - Jan 21 with 992 viewsfrancisbowles

Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 15:46 - Jan 21 by Northernr

Well they're away at Blackburn on the Saturday so they maybe wouldn't wear that the other way.

Or the police didn't want it on Wednesday for some reason.

The second point is possible but for the first, it isn't unusual to be at home on a Wednesday night and away on a Saturday. It would still leave two clear days in between and the Saturday match is a three o'clock.
Blackburn and Barnsley moved by Sky on 16:18 - Jan 21 with 963 viewsterryb

I'm very much behind the club in taking this stance. Anything that may be of help to us on the pitch has my backing.

I appreciate that I might have a different view if I'd purchased train tickets or booked a hotel for the night, but I'm sure we will now have far more support for this game than if it had stayed as 8.00pm kick off.

Of course, ideally, it wouldn't have been moved in the first place.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024