Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back 17:55 - Jan 15 with 7392 viewsBlackCrowe

What a tight and enthralling match - not much between the two sides though i don't remember Marshall having a save to make. He looked very solid i thought.

Excellent Willock cross and Austin goal and Charlie's celeration at the West Brom bench was bordering on abuse!

But the game belongs Barrrrbet - immense throughout and warrior-like after the injury - just immense.

You Rs.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Just back on 18:19 - Jan 15 with 4505 viewsTripleR

That injury seemed to annoy him, he was absolutely fantastic when he came back on.
Just back on 18:24 - Jan 15 with 4432 viewsqueensparker

F-kin brilliant - just back myself. Best atmosphere of the season, one of those rocking Loftus Road days we all love. Thought Johansen was MOM, the effort he put in in the second half was incredible, but they all did. Could easily have gone either way but it didn’t, one moment of class from
Willock and Austin and the place erupted.

Marshall had a good debut, can’t have been easy being thrown in like that in a big game but his distribution was great. The back three yet again won every header , Dunne was a proper signing. Barbet was pumped at the end as well as he should have been what a performance

Get in lads one of those games you remember. Feels like a really big win.

Can we have more games at 3pm on Saturday please?
[Post edited 16 Jan 2022 1:17]
Just back on 19:06 - Jan 15 with 4125 viewsLongsufferingR

Barbet - oh my god - what a magnificent performance that was. That tackle to foil the one on one late on was outstanding, but he was tremendous throughout. Also thought Field never put a foot wrong and broke up more attacks than I can count. You RRRRRRRSSSSSSSS!!!!
Just back on 19:20 - Jan 15 with 4015 viewsHantsR

Just back on 19:06 - Jan 15 by LongsufferingR

Barbet - oh my god - what a magnificent performance that was. That tackle to foil the one on one late on was outstanding, but he was tremendous throughout. Also thought Field never put a foot wrong and broke up more attacks than I can count. You RRRRRRRSSSSSSSS!!!!

Barbet, indeed a huge contender for MOTM. Apparent change of religion mid- match made him inspirational.
Just back on 19:27 - Jan 15 with 3957 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Just back on 19:20 - Jan 15 by HantsR

Barbet, indeed a huge contender for MOTM. Apparent change of religion mid- match made him inspirational.

Contender?

10.5/10 for me.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Just back on 19:32 - Jan 15 with 3919 viewsRs_Holy

Has to be Barbet… shirley??? Thought it was a cracking game today and a great advert for the Championship!
Just back on 19:42 - Jan 15 with 3805 viewstoboboly

Just back on 19:27 - Jan 15 by CliveWilsonSaid

Contender?

10.5/10 for me.

Couldn't put a pass right first half. Don't get me wrong he was v.good 2nd half before tue injury and immense after but him and Johanssen were all over the shop forst 45.

Still, it didn't hurt us and I can't wait to see this team actually believe and put together a full 90

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Just back on 19:44 - Jan 15 with 3789 viewsPaddyhoops

Barbet was a monster today. He's turning into a club legend and there was no way he was going to end on the losing side today.
Jimmy Dunne is adding compusure to his game and gets better and better each week. A class act.
Finally, never, ever right off Charlie. He has one or two detractors on our website but he came up trumps again and he loves a winner versus the baggies as we well know! Crowd as discussed on another thread , a twelvth man today.
Login to get fewer ads

Just back on 19:53 - Jan 15 with 3689 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Just back on 19:42 - Jan 15 by toboboly

Couldn't put a pass right first half. Don't get me wrong he was v.good 2nd half before tue injury and immense after but him and Johanssen were all over the shop forst 45.

Still, it didn't hurt us and I can't wait to see this team actually believe and put together a full 90

Sorry mate emotions a little high. What a great win!

Just back on 19:59 - Jan 15 with 3618 viewsNorthantsHoop

Superb 2nd half today from the Rsss. We really are a 2nd half team. Charlie our talisman does the business, big shout out for Yohan Barbet he was immense. Crowd really behind the team and you could tell it made the difference in last 20 or 30 mins.
Just back on 20:12 - Jan 15 with 3526 viewsenfieldargh

Just back on 19:44 - Jan 15 by Paddyhoops

Barbet was a monster today. He's turning into a club legend and there was no way he was going to end on the losing side today.
Jimmy Dunne is adding compusure to his game and gets better and better each week. A class act.
Finally, never, ever right off Charlie. He has one or two detractors on our website but he came up trumps again and he loves a winner versus the baggies as we well know! Crowd as discussed on another thread , a twelvth man today.

Charlies game is in the penalty box, feed him he will score

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Just back on 20:21 - Jan 15 with 3411 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

This game was made for Charlie. Not a lot of pace on either side.

Terrific cross from Willock for the goal.

Just back on 20:45 - Jan 15 with 3233 viewsterryb

I think I'm in the minority, but I made Jimmy Dunne our mom. I thought he was magnificent whilst Johan Barbet was "only" excellent! Sam Field gave great protection in front of them as well.

A very important deserved win where every player gave their all. I rather like this team of ours!
Just back on 20:53 - Jan 15 with 3177 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Just back on 20:45 - Jan 15 by terryb

I think I'm in the minority, but I made Jimmy Dunne our mom. I thought he was magnificent whilst Johan Barbet was "only" excellent! Sam Field gave great protection in front of them as well.

A very important deserved win where every player gave their all. I rather like this team of ours!

I've not seen this level of performance and commitment from anyone in my time watching Rangers.

Just back on 20:55 - Jan 15 with 3153 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Just back on 20:53 - Jan 15 by CliveWilsonSaid

I've not seen this level of performance and commitment from anyone in my time watching Rangers.

Macca maybe but I was too young to appreciated it properly
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 20:56]

Just back on 21:56 - Jan 15 with 2881 viewsHarbour

Noise levels second half not heard for some time at LR. Think it really lifted the team. Defence was awesome today second half only one team in it. A very enjoyable afternoon this team has something special well done MW.
Just back on 22:00 - Jan 15 with 2851 viewsWatfordR

Absolutely the most enjoyable game of the season for me. The atmosphere, the football, it had the lot for me. Second half, anyway.

Whilst they started well, I felt after the first 15-20 minutes, they began to run out of ideas. Remember thinking how many times over the years I've seen that sort of stuff from Rangers teams. I thought bit by bit we began to get back into it, and I also felt that their defence didn't look comfortable dealing with Dykes and Gray, and I really thought one or the other of them would get a goalscoring chance sooner or later. Stef worked hard, but couldn't put a foot right.

Second half, a different story, with, as is often the case, Albert leading the initial charge, dragging not only the team but the crowd into life. Others have said it, but there was more urgency, more aggression, and I felt it would only be a matter of time, with the faithful cranking up the support in a way I've not seen in a long time, Crowd feeding team, team feeding crowd. Magnificent. I'll admit an hour or so in, it was getting to me making me feel quite emotional. Silly old sod.

Strangely, even after Barbet's injury, I was never bothered by the clock running down. I felt the goal would come. And then the eruption!! I wonder what that will do for the rest of Charlie's season? Then the final whistle. And it didn't seem like anyone wanted to leave. It felt like a very special, very significant day to me. One of those magical, night time Loftus Road games, but on a Saturday afternoon. It seemed more like a big cup game, put me in mind a bit of the FA Cup replay against Arsenal many years ago, played in the teeming rain, when Kenny Sansom scored for us.

If you gave MoM for the last 15 minutes, it would be Barbet. His best 15 minutes for us, a man possessed. Johansen was sensational in the second half, Field superb, Dunne superb, Marshall very solid in the circumstances, and an honourable mention to for Andre Gray, his best game for us. But I'm really surprised Lee Wallace hasn't had more of a mention on here today, his best game for us by a mile and my MoM.

I hope this won't come back to bite us, but there seems to me an inevitability that this will be a season to remember for us. Yeah, Fulham look the class act, but I don't think there's a better squad for heart and commitment and belief than ours. A squad that finds a way to win.

Christ, a nice drop of Writers Tears Red Head whiskey slipping down as smooth as you like here. And I haven't even mentioned the ref who was pitifully poor all day.

oh......
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 22:02]
Just back on 22:19 - Jan 15 with 2729 viewsHarbour

Just back on 21:56 - Jan 15 by Harbour

Noise levels second half not heard for some time at LR. Think it really lifted the team. Defence was awesome today second half only one team in it. A very enjoyable afternoon this team has something special well done MW.

And why was Greys goal disallowed…seemed big delay in ruling it out. Was some strike from Grey..
Just back on 22:31 - Jan 15 with 2670 viewsFrankRightguard

Just back on 22:19 - Jan 15 by Harbour

And why was Greys goal disallowed…seemed big delay in ruling it out. Was some strike from Grey..

He fouled his marker to get free. Not sure why the ref waited so long to blow for it.
Just back on 22:32 - Jan 15 with 2660 viewsdaveB

Just back on 22:19 - Jan 15 by Harbour

He fouled the defender, pulled his shirt i think although ref was very slow to blow for it
Just back on 22:39 - Jan 15 with 2622 viewsterryb

He had blown before the ball reached Gray. It just took the crowd a long time to realise.
Just back on 22:42 - Jan 15 with 2597 viewsT_Block

Great post.

I felt that as well ; something changed for the better today
Just back on 22:43 - Jan 15 with 2593 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

WatfordR

"it didn't seem like anyone wanted to leave"

Don't say that they'll start moving our Sat games to 8pm.

Just back on 22:57 - Jan 15 with 2509 viewsstrikerace

Just back on 22:39 - Jan 15 by terryb

He had blown before the ball reached Gray. It just took the crowd a long time to realise.

Yes, the players knew and stopped too. The WBA goalie didn't even try because he knew it was dead
Just back on 23:02 - Jan 15 with 2461 viewsWatfordR

Just back on 22:57 - Jan 15 by strikerace

Yes, the players knew and stopped too. The WBA goalie didn't even try because he knew it was dead

Think the goalie could have moved to stop that 10 minutes earlier and he wouldn't have got near it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024