Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coventry roll call.... 19:58 - Jan 15 with 13682 viewsqpr_1968

i know it sounds sad/excited/over reacting....whatever you want to call it, but the next seven days will seem like seven years.

two and a junior.....driving straight from work.

can't wait.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Coventry roll call.... on 20:19 - Jan 16 with 2507 viewsBlackCrowe

Coventry roll call.... on 20:16 - Jan 16 by ShotKneesHoop

You'll be pleased to know that me, the Albatross, is staying away from this one.

Last time I went to an away game at Coventry was the winning Ewan Jess goal that was offside, which was equalised by a Kevin Gallen goal that wasn't.

I thought we had got a life saving draw, until I got back on the train home after a few beers to celebrate with a Coventy Pink Late Night final that I realised the goal had been ruled offside on the halfway line, so it wasn't a kick off at all but a free kick.

Bollox, I am definelty staying away form Coventry this time.

Just bring me back a win.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2022 20:18]

Yep that's the one and only time i've been there too. And the only time i've been on a supporters coach...which got pelted with rocks, bottles etc when we left which was pretty scary. Not sure what would've happened if we'd won.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Coventry roll call.... on 20:21 - Jan 16 with 2494 viewsShotKneesHoop

Coventry roll call.... on 19:12 - Jan 16 by goldie7

Euston will be busy with West ham, Millwall and Fulham also on their travels up north, so get there early for breakfast :)

Try taking Chiltern Trains from Marylebone that will be a lot cheaper and safer - if a bit slower.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Coventry roll call.... on 20:29 - Jan 16 with 2465 viewsPunteR

Coventry roll call.... on 18:27 - Jan 16 by Boston

Stick to football Punte.

Lol..

TIMBER!!!

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Coventry roll call.... on 20:37 - Jan 16 with 2432 viewsstowmarketrange

Coventry roll call.... on 20:02 - Jan 16 by BlackCrowe

I've booked a 'park on my drive' thing for £6, 5 min walk from the ground apparently.

Which ground though?
Coventry roll call.... on 21:17 - Jan 16 with 2367 viewstkqpr

Just been offered 2 tickets from an acquaintance who has a corporate box at Coventry. Will be quite interesting!!
Coventry roll call.... on 21:18 - Jan 16 with 2363 viewsPeterHucker

I'm going with my dad (Coventry fan) my brother (Spurs fan) & 4 of my cousins (all Coventry fans)
I'm sitting in the home end with all of them.
It'll be great fun if we win.
Coventry roll call.... on 21:54 - Jan 16 with 2279 viewsqueensparker

Only been to Coventry twice for two very different experiences.

First was a midweek away when an Impey winner briefly put us top of the league. One of the great away days of the early 90s.

Second was that bast*rd Eoin Jess game that basically relegated us.

Can’t really do aways at the moment with small kids but I’ll be there in spirit!
Coventry roll call.... on 22:19 - Jan 16 with 2231 viewsMrSheen

Coventry roll call.... on 20:16 - Jan 16 by ShotKneesHoop

You'll be pleased to know that me, the Albatross, is staying away from this one.

Last time I went to an away game at Coventry was the winning Ewan Jess goal that was offside, which was equalised by a Kevin Gallen goal that wasn't.

I thought we had got a life saving draw, until I got back on the train home after a few beers to celebrate with a Coventy Pink Late Night final that I realised the goal had been ruled offside on the halfway line, so it wasn't a kick off at all but a free kick.

Bollox, I am definelty staying away form Coventry this time.

Just bring me back a win.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2022 20:18]

How drunk were you at the game? Did you think the home fans were celebrating a point at the end?

My most shameful ever hooligan incident that day. Some Cov fans jeered at me after the game, so I farted through their open car window.

IIRC, that day was when United let in 6 at Southampton in their grey shirts. We were fifth from bottom when we hit the M40 and in the drop zone by full time.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2022 22:21]
Login to get fewer ads

Coventry roll call.... on 23:43 - Jan 16 with 2135 viewsStanisgod

Me, Stan jnr and grandsons first away game.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Coventry roll call.... on 07:22 - Jan 17 with 2042 viewsRBlock

5 here. Anyone got an idea of pubs in Cov?
Coventry roll call.... on 08:12 - Jan 17 with 2000 viewsconnell10

4 thousand we salute you!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Coventry roll call.... on 08:49 - Jan 17 with 1935 viewsslmrstid

Will be my & my Dad going. Will be my first away game since the 0-0 at Forest a few weeks before the first lockdown.

I wasn't originally planning to go - I generally stay away from away trips these days as with having my season ticket I don't like to have every Saturday away from home for football and we are also trying to renovate our house at the moment and football-free weekends are generally for doing bits with that.

But....its a 25-30 minute drive for me and I let my Dad talk me into it so off we go...

I think we'll be the same for Peterborough in the cup if we can get tickets.
Coventry roll call.... on 08:59 - Jan 17 with 1926 viewsdmm

Does anyone else think their ground is the model soulless bowl?
Coventry roll call.... on 09:43 - Jan 17 with 1867 viewsEastR

anyone know if Clive has done an away day thingy on Coventry (new ground) - link? ta

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Coventry roll call.... on 09:44 - Jan 17 with 1866 viewsMick_S

Coventry roll call.... on 08:12 - Jan 17 by connell10

4 thousand we salute you!

That is magnificent.
I’m going to the theatre.
The theatre.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Coventry roll call.... on 10:44 - Jan 17 with 1785 viewsflynnbo

Two here and driving up so any advice on parking would be much appreciated. Thanks in anticipation.
Coventry roll call.... on 10:47 - Jan 17 with 1776 viewsstowmarketrange

Coventry roll call.... on 10:44 - Jan 17 by flynnbo

Two here and driving up so any advice on parking would be much appreciated. Thanks in anticipation.

I think a few of the local businesses open up their land for parking for £5 a time.Especially on the side of the ground towards the M6.That was a few years ago though so it might be slightly more now.
Coventry roll call.... on 10:55 - Jan 17 with 1758 viewsBlackCrowe

https://www.justpark.com/

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Coventry roll call.... on 11:01 - Jan 17 with 1742 viewsqprmarkoct1966

Three of us going from North London. Last two visits to the Ricoh saw wins with Kyle Walker ripping it up and the team of Lee Camp , Danny Culip and Adam Bolder keeping us up. I was at Highfield Road for the FA Cup time , nil nil , won an epic replay with Stan's last minute free kick. We took thirty coaches up there , they were parked up from the old White City Stadium down to the ground ! Anyone else on here at that game ?
Coventry roll call.... on 11:14 - Jan 17 with 1717 viewsderbyhoop

If we take enough fans, we might be able to create an atmosphere. Not something found too often at the soulless Ricoh Arena (or whatever they call it these days)

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Coventry roll call.... on 11:29 - Jan 17 with 1688 viewsGeorgeKulscar

Going with one other.

Only been once before, on the supporters coach (the 1-0 in 2006, think Jimmy Smith got the winner).

Does anyone know how difficult it is to get to the ground from the station? Seems like another Reading, which is a shame because other than the ground its a very good awayday on paper.
Coventry roll call.... on 11:51 - Jan 17 with 1660 viewsNW5Hoop

Just booked for me and son. And car parking through the club — right by the M6, 15 mins walk from the ground. I've not been to a game there, just a Springsteen show. And it is such a faff to get there from Coventry station.
Coventry roll call.... on 11:54 - Jan 17 with 1651 viewsMick_S

Coventry roll call.... on 11:51 - Jan 17 by NW5Hoop

Just booked for me and son. And car parking through the club — right by the M6, 15 mins walk from the ground. I've not been to a game there, just a Springsteen show. And it is such a faff to get there from Coventry station.

Check out Coventry Arena station mate.

Edit: too late by me.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2022 11:56]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Coventry roll call.... on 12:18 - Jan 17 with 1610 viewsGeorgeKulscar

Coventry Arena Station looks good...but looking at train times they seem to actively avoid putting trains on before and after the game. I think the one closest to kick off is 13.30, and then the earliest one after is 18.22. A couple trains scheduled during the game too, seems strange that they wouldnt try to put on some trains that coincide with a 3pm kick off..
Coventry roll call.... on 12:23 - Jan 17 with 1596 viewsdangould

5 of us going doing a bit of corporate

Poll: Will we finish above Brentford

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024