Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coventry roll call.... 19:58 - Jan 15 with 14277 viewsqpr_1968

i know it sounds sad/excited/over reacting....whatever you want to call it, but the next seven days will seem like seven years.

two and a junior.....driving straight from work.

can't wait.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Coventry roll call.... on 12:28 - Jan 17 with 3008 viewsNW5Hoop

Coventry roll call.... on 11:54 - Jan 17 by Mick_S

Check out Coventry Arena station mate.

Edit: too late by me.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2022 11:56]

Do they actually run extra trains there on matchdays yet? That's always been the issue — only a handful of people can actually use the station.
Coventry roll call.... on 12:34 - Jan 17 with 2977 viewsslmrstid

Coventry roll call.... on 12:18 - Jan 17 by GeorgeKulscar

Coventry Arena Station looks good...but looking at train times they seem to actively avoid putting trains on before and after the game. I think the one closest to kick off is 13.30, and then the earliest one after is 18.22. A couple trains scheduled during the game too, seems strange that they wouldnt try to put on some trains that coincide with a 3pm kick off..

I think that's deliberate because in wonderful British style we build a train station for a stadium as an alternative means of transport, and then don't make it big enough to cope with the crowds that occur on an event day, so as a result don't run trains at times that would be convenient for events.
Coventry roll call.... on 12:40 - Jan 17 with 2964 viewsMick_S

Coventry roll call.... on 12:34 - Jan 17 by slmrstid

I think that's deliberate because in wonderful British style we build a train station for a stadium as an alternative means of transport, and then don't make it big enough to cope with the crowds that occur on an event day, so as a result don't run trains at times that would be convenient for events.

That bus back to the station is a disaster.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Coventry roll call.... on 12:54 - Jan 17 with 2933 viewsKonk

Yeah, I think it's the same at Sunderland, and people campaigning for the station round the corner from Ashton Gate have been told the same thing; it will be too popular on matchdays. We can't introduce a public transport option because there's too much demand for it. Magic.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Coventry roll call.... on 13:04 - Jan 17 with 2915 viewsQPREvo

Just noted this on the website for those who have trains booked. 'Coventry City have asked us to make supporters aware that they may be held back after the final whistle due to crowd control.'
Coventry roll call.... on 13:26 - Jan 17 with 2875 viewsLongsufferingR

More tickets released, so we have nearly 4000 now. Should be some atmosphere.
Coventry roll call.... on 13:29 - Jan 17 with 2862 viewsstowmarketrange

Coventry roll call.... on 13:26 - Jan 17 by LongsufferingR

More tickets released, so we have nearly 4000 now. Should be some atmosphere.

And there lies the problem.How often do we play well with a big away support following us?But that has to change sometime I guess.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2022 13:35]
Coventry roll call.... on 13:32 - Jan 17 with 2854 viewsLongsufferingR

Coventry roll call.... on 13:29 - Jan 17 by stowmarketrange

And there lies the problem.How often do we play well with a big away support following us?But that has to change sometime I guess.

Hillsborough. Just think Hillsborough. The other games didn't happen.
Login to get fewer ads

Coventry roll call.... on 13:37 - Jan 17 with 2828 viewsterryb

Coventry roll call.... on 13:29 - Jan 17 by stowmarketrange

We've beaten every other hoodoo under MW, so why not this one?

Have a great trip Stowmarket & well done on representing all of us Suffolk R's.

Come to that, I hope that all of you that are going have a great day!
Coventry roll call.... on 15:08 - Jan 17 with 2717 viewsstowmarketrange

Coventry roll call.... on 13:37 - Jan 17 by terryb

We've beaten every other hoodoo under MW, so why not this one?

Have a great trip Stowmarket & well done on representing all of us Suffolk R's.

Come to that, I hope that all of you that are going have a great day!

I’m not sure I’ll be going Terry.As I said earlier,I’ve been to 3 of our 4 away defeats and I don’t want it to be 4 from 5.And the train journey taking 4 1/2 hours each way is enough to put me off,especially when I can drive there in 2 1/2 hours.And the 3 1/2 mile walk from Coventry station isn’t too appealing.
But it’s what almost 4,000 other idiots/fans will be doing,and it’s only £20 for us old fogies.
Coventry roll call.... on 15:25 - Jan 17 with 2668 viewsqpr_1968

Coventry roll call.... on 11:01 - Jan 17 by qprmarkoct1966

Three of us going from North London. Last two visits to the Ricoh saw wins with Kyle Walker ripping it up and the team of Lee Camp , Danny Culip and Adam Bolder keeping us up. I was at Highfield Road for the FA Cup time , nil nil , won an epic replay with Stan's last minute free kick. We took thirty coaches up there , they were parked up from the old White City Stadium down to the ground ! Anyone else on here at that game ?

yes mate, went to both of them games.
loved going to highfield road in the 70's.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Coventry roll call.... on 16:21 - Jan 17 with 2563 viewsPinnerPaul

4,000 would be a fantastic figure for a Jan awayday.
Coventry roll call.... on 16:32 - Jan 17 with 2529 viewsRangersw12

Just under 3 k sold and we have been given another 900

Excellent support once again
Coventry roll call.... on 17:10 - Jan 17 with 2444 viewsJames_Paddocks

Me and my two boys driving over from Cambridgeshire.

Turning into one of the most enjoyable seasons I've ever experienced.
Coventry roll call.... on 17:30 - Jan 17 with 2389 viewskensalriser

Coventry roll call.... on 08:59 - Jan 17 by dmm

Does anyone else think their ground is the model soulless bowl?

Everyone thinks that, even people who haven't been there.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Coventry roll call.... on 18:35 - Jan 17 with 2282 viewsqprmarkoct1966

Coventry roll call.... on 07:22 - Jan 17 by RBlock

5 here. Anyone got an idea of pubs in Cov?

Looking for an away fans pub only , park up and walk to the ground , any suggestions ? Looking forward to being with a massive support ! COYRS
Coventry roll call.... on 18:51 - Jan 17 with 2250 viewsstowmarketrange

Coventry roll call.... on 18:35 - Jan 17 by qprmarkoct1966

Looking for an away fans pub only , park up and walk to the ground , any suggestions ? Looking forward to being with a massive support ! COYRS

The football ground guide says the dhillon brewery pub is ok,and a Bristol city fan mentioned the Litten tree which had away fans in it,but they had to get a cab to the ground as it was close to the station.
Just looked at the coventry telegraph guide for pubs and the following are ok for away fans.
The Longford Engine CV6 6BP with parking if you get there early enough.15 min walk to the ground.

Coach and horses CV6 6BG.No parking but only 13 min walk.

Bird in hand CV2 1PQ.parking if early enough but 27 min walk.

Dhillons brewery CV13JZ. 3.9 miles away.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2022 19:07]
Coventry roll call.... on 19:44 - Jan 17 with 2155 viewsMrSheen

Coventry roll call.... on 20:23 - Jan 17 with 2085 viewsPeterHucker

Coventry roll call.... on 11:14 - Jan 17 by derbyhoop

If we take enough fans, we might be able to create an atmosphere. Not something found too often at the soulless Ricoh Arena (or whatever they call it these days)

I did experience a great atmosphere there once.
When this man played.

Coventry roll call.... on 20:33 - Jan 17 with 2047 viewsPeterHucker

Coventry roll call.... on 18:51 - Jan 17 by stowmarketrange

The football ground guide says the dhillon brewery pub is ok,and a Bristol city fan mentioned the Litten tree which had away fans in it,but they had to get a cab to the ground as it was close to the station.
Just looked at the coventry telegraph guide for pubs and the following are ok for away fans.
The Longford Engine CV6 6BP with parking if you get there early enough.15 min walk to the ground.

Coach and horses CV6 6BG.No parking but only 13 min walk.

Bird in hand CV2 1PQ.parking if early enough but 27 min walk.

Dhillons brewery CV13JZ. 3.9 miles away.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2022 19:07]

There's a bar built into the ground that has welcomed away fans every time I've been there before (apart from the day the stadium opened when nothing was ready)

It's on the left of the away entrance IIRC.
There are usually a few helpful stewards around to direct you there.
Been in there a few times, home and away fans drinking together, never the slightest hint of any trouble.
When we've been in there before, we've wondered aloud why it seems so friendly and our guess is that the stewards only send the sensible looking away fans in there. It seems all the Aquascutum mob just get sent straight into the bars inside the ground.
Coventry roll call.... on 20:48 - Jan 17 with 2000 viewsstowmarketrange

Coventry roll call.... on 20:33 - Jan 17 by PeterHucker

There's a bar built into the ground that has welcomed away fans every time I've been there before (apart from the day the stadium opened when nothing was ready)

It's on the left of the away entrance IIRC.
There are usually a few helpful stewards around to direct you there.
Been in there a few times, home and away fans drinking together, never the slightest hint of any trouble.
When we've been in there before, we've wondered aloud why it seems so friendly and our guess is that the stewards only send the sensible looking away fans in there. It seems all the Aquascutum mob just get sent straight into the bars inside the ground.

Just the way it should be mate.Fans having a beer together is much better than everyone squeezing into one tiny little pub that allows them the privilege of drinking before the game.
Hopefully all the idiots will all be in one pub on their own.
Coventry roll call.... on 22:03 - Jan 17 with 1903 viewsOldPedro

Coventry roll call.... on 12:18 - Jan 17 by GeorgeKulscar

Coventry Arena Station looks good...but looking at train times they seem to actively avoid putting trains on before and after the game. I think the one closest to kick off is 13.30, and then the earliest one after is 18.22. A couple trains scheduled during the game too, seems strange that they wouldnt try to put on some trains that coincide with a 3pm kick off..

This posted by Met Police QPR

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Coventry roll call.... on 22:05 - Jan 17 with 1901 viewswombat

Coventry roll call.... on 20:48 - Jan 17 by stowmarketrange

Just the way it should be mate.Fans having a beer together is much better than everyone squeezing into one tiny little pub that allows them the privilege of drinking before the game.
Hopefully all the idiots will all be in one pub on their own.

Full car for twilight tours , with a plus one coming from Oxford , brekkie in Northamoton and park on somebody’s drive for a tenner ,

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Coventry roll call.... on 02:23 - Jan 18 with 1767 viewsgavster31

Coventry roll call.... on 07:22 - Jan 17 by RBlock

5 here. Anyone got an idea of pubs in Cov?

The Flying Standard is at a slow pace 10 minute walk from the station, 2 from the bus/coach station and always hosts away fans safely and well.

Source? I’m the QPR fan that runs it for my sins!

Won’t be there Sat, got my ticket and will be with a bunch of Cov folk until about 2:30.
Coventry roll call.... on 02:28 - Jan 18 with 1766 viewsgavster31

Coventry roll call.... on 11:14 - Jan 17 by derbyhoop

If we take enough fans, we might be able to create an atmosphere. Not something found too often at the soulless Ricoh Arena (or whatever they call it these days)

Pains me to say that this statement has been true until this season, they’ve been comparatively flying it and the fans have actually been making noise not just directed at their owners.. in what is admittedly a modern lacklustre Coventry Building Site (CBS) Arena entitled stadium.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024