Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coventry roll call.... 19:58 - Jan 15 with 14191 viewsqpr_1968

i know it sounds sad/excited/over reacting....whatever you want to call it, but the next seven days will seem like seven years.

two and a junior.....driving straight from work.

can't wait.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Coventry roll call.... on 11:28 - Jan 18 with 3045 viewslondonscottish

Coventry roll call.... on 19:55 - Jan 16 by ChrisNW6

9 driving up. Any advice on parking + pubs welcome.

Train is still an option but return times not great for the cheap tickets.

I just used yourparkingspace.com and booked into Sainsbury's car park from 1.00-7.00 for £4.15.

It's on the M6 side so easier to get out. It's a 30 minute walk (which actually appeals to me as I like to get my steps in).

There are other options much closer but there were various restrictions so I just went for that.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Coventry roll call.... on 14:15 - Jan 18 with 2876 viewslondonscottish

Coventry roll call.... on 18:19 - Jan 16 by PunteR

FOUR!!

Hi mate, I'm heading up with my son - I'll look out for you.

Coventry roll call.... on 15:41 - Jan 18 with 2753 viewsBoston

Coventry roll call.... on 08:12 - Jan 17 by connell10

4 thousand we salute you!

For those about to rock…

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Coventry roll call.... on 17:31 - Jan 18 with 2640 viewsRangersw12

Only 300 tickets left!
Coventry roll call.... on 17:37 - Jan 18 with 2627 viewsNorthantsHoop

Last time went to Coventry away was 1983 at the old Highfield Road. Looking forward to this one, gonna take train from my home station on London Northwestern to have a few beers. Been to the Ricoh/Coventry Arena a couple of times but only to see rock gigs, Bon Jovi in 2006 and the Rolling Stones in 2018.
Coventry roll call.... on 18:41 - Jan 18 with 2537 viewsPunteR

Coventry roll call.... on 14:15 - Jan 18 by londonscottish

Hi mate, I'm heading up with my son - I'll look out for you.

Ah brill mate, yeh i'll keep my eyes peeled for you. Im going mob handed with my missus and two of my kids.. :)

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Coventry roll call.... on 18:47 - Jan 18 with 2520 viewspaulparker

Coventry roll call.... on 18:41 - Jan 18 by PunteR

Ah brill mate, yeh i'll keep my eyes peeled for you. Im going mob handed with my missus and two of my kids.. :)

Gutted I’m not going now
Enjoy everyone and make sure you have your jabs before entering Coventry

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Coventry roll call.... on 18:54 - Jan 18 with 2502 viewslondonscottish

Coventry roll call.... on 18:47 - Jan 18 by paulparker

Gutted I’m not going now
Enjoy everyone and make sure you have your jabs before entering Coventry

I guess you needs jabs on re-entry too no?

Login to get fewer ads

Coventry roll call.... on 20:15 - Jan 18 with 2349 viewstheselector

Me + 2. Looking forward to it. Should be a great day and we might even get a result.
Coventry roll call.... on 21:26 - Jan 18 with 2238 viewspaulparker

Coventry roll call.... on 18:54 - Jan 18 by londonscottish

I guess you needs jabs on re-entry too no?

No just set you watch forward to 2022 from being in 1971

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Coventry roll call.... on 07:48 - Jan 19 with 2009 viewsPunteR

Coventry roll call.... on 21:26 - Jan 18 by paulparker

No just set you watch forward to 2022 from being in 1971

I thought you still live in the 90s P ?.. ;) Ive just set mine back 50 years.. Fredmanrave has set his 10 years. Lol.

Coventry roll call.... on 16:35 - Jan 19 with 1734 viewsHayesender

While we're taking almost 4000 to Coventry, the best team in the division by a country mile have sold 800 for Stoke.

Maybe Stoke should offer free strawberries and cream

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Coventry roll call.... on 21:41 - Jan 19 with 1560 viewstheselector

Coventry roll call.... on 16:35 - Jan 19 by Hayesender

While we're taking almost 4000 to Coventry, the best team in the division by a country mile have sold 800 for Stoke.

Maybe Stoke should offer free strawberries and cream

I'm not knocking Fulham because I've no real grievance or hatred for them, but it seems to me that while their home gate has gone up quite a lot in recent years, they've also become one of the default grounds for tourists who wanna see a game in London.

Hence why there may be a much bigger discrepancy between home and away followings. . . or I could be completely wrong.

Maybe Konk can give us a Fulham fan's perspective?
Coventry roll call.... on 22:49 - Jan 19 with 1447 viewsbob566

Coventry roll call.... on 21:41 - Jan 19 by theselector

I'm not knocking Fulham because I've no real grievance or hatred for them, but it seems to me that while their home gate has gone up quite a lot in recent years, they've also become one of the default grounds for tourists who wanna see a game in London.

Hence why there may be a much bigger discrepancy between home and away followings. . . or I could be completely wrong.

On the other hand how can we take 4000 to Coventry but can't fill up at home
Coventry roll call.... on 23:10 - Jan 19 with 1420 viewsParkRoyalR

Coventry roll call.... on 21:41 - Jan 19 by theselector

Their home gate has held up since their Premier League days but arguably their core support numbers remain as they were pre-Fayad.

Their home support has arguably held up due to their SW London / Surrey traditional catchment area becoming very wealthy - maybe the type of new or modern football fan who likes a trip down to the river and watch a game but wouldn't ever consider Stoke away as a good use of their leisure time.
Coventry roll call.... on 23:17 - Jan 19 with 1406 viewsDavieQPR

We are beginning to sell out of decent seats at home, it's the obstructed view that don't shift. The atmosphere at away games this season has been fantastic especially now we know we always have a chance regardless of the opposition. I'll be there with my son + 1 Ipswich supporter.
Coventry roll call.... on 23:24 - Jan 19 with 1396 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Coventry roll call.... on 23:10 - Jan 19 by ParkRoyalR

Their home gate has held up since their Premier League days but arguably their core support numbers remain as they were pre-Fayad.

Their home support has arguably held up due to their SW London / Surrey traditional catchment area becoming very wealthy - maybe the type of new or modern football fan who likes a trip down to the river and watch a game but wouldn't ever consider Stoke away as a good use of their leisure time.

Stoke away 🤤

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Coventry roll call.... on 03:37 - Jan 20 with 1288 viewsnadera78

Coventry roll call.... on 22:49 - Jan 19 by bob566

I think that, outside of the season ticket holders, a lot of people pick and choose games now. Partly because working patterns have changed, partly because fixture dates/times change, partly because Loftus Rd (as much as we love it) has very obviously seen better days. So you find people who do 10-12 home games will also pick up 3-4 attractive looking away games too.
Coventry roll call.... on 06:40 - Jan 20 with 1238 viewsPunteR

4000 doesn't fill up a 18000 seater stadium ;)

Coventry roll call.... on 09:27 - Jan 20 with 1096 viewsterryb

Maybe because we have a core support of circa 13k.

The wonder of it, especially this season, is the % of our support that is going to the away games. While the kick off time at Barnsley deserves zero away fans, I will be surprised if we don't have more there than we normally do.

As a one/two away games a season man, I'm in awe of our travelling folk.
Coventry roll call.... on 14:56 - Jan 20 with 940 viewsMichael_Hunt

Coventry roll call.... on 20:21 - Jan 16 by ShotKneesHoop

Try taking Chiltern Trains from Marylebone that will be a lot cheaper and safer - if a bit slower.

Just a head's up for anyone that doesn't know; Coventry Arena Station is being served by Bus replacements this Saturday. There's only one per hour showing back to Leamington Spa to join the CR train!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024