Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Benitez gone 16:05 - Jan 16 with 3766 viewsCamberleyR

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59532271

Something deeper wrong there if two Champions League winning managers can't get any sort of tune out of them. I think I read somewhere that he had a worse win percentage than Mike Walker who previously had been thought of as their worst ever manager.

Rooney or Big Dunc next?
[Post edited 16 Jan 2022 16:08]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Benitez gone on 16:09 - Jan 16 with 3738 viewsPinnerPaul

Yep - said that on MOTD yesterday.

Signings have been expensive and not very good under lots of different managers.
Benitez gone on 16:29 - Jan 16 with 3640 viewsBoston

Rooney would be the right fit, but I doubt he'll bail on Derby while the greatest comeback in their (possibly any teams history) is still possible.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Benitez gone on 16:34 - Jan 16 with 3608 viewspaulparker

I said to an Everton mate a few seasons ago that the owner reminded me of Uncle Tony
Splashing cash on players who don’t want to be there and splashing cash on managers looking to top up their pensions
at the time I thought the Martinez team was a good one and just needed some investment they had some good youngsters same as the early koeman team the problem was they went all QPR and gout the wrong people from the get go
I do t think they will go down but they don’t half have some deadwood to get rid of now

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Benitez gone on 16:40 - Jan 16 with 3579 viewsNorthernr

Benitez gone on 16:34 - Jan 16 by paulparker

I said to an Everton mate a few seasons ago that the owner reminded me of Uncle Tony
Splashing cash on players who don’t want to be there and splashing cash on managers looking to top up their pensions
at the time I thought the Martinez team was a good one and just needed some investment they had some good youngsters same as the early koeman team the problem was they went all QPR and gout the wrong people from the get go
I do t think they will go down but they don’t half have some deadwood to get rid of now

Absolutely exactly this. They're doing all the same mistakes we did, the most fundamental of which (and I think Newcastle will get done the same way), they're trying to play exactly the same game as Man City and Chelsea - we've got loads of money, so we'll just buy the best players for loads of money. Chelsea don't bother to scout Kante at Caen, they just whack £40m on him when Leicester do. The problem if you try that technique as a middle of the road club is...

1 - the top, top players will just still go to Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd regardless. So you'll be spending your massive money on worse players than they're getting.
2 - you'll pay a premium, partly because people know you're loaded, and partly because you're trying to persuade players to come to you and not a those other clubs.
3 - you'll therefore get players for whom the be all and end all is money. When the going gets tough, they're still getting paid.

You need to look at Leicester and clubs like them, doing things a different way but competing at the top end. If you're just going to try and do the Man City Chelsea thing, you're never going to be as good at it as them, so you'll just burn through money and end up with a squad of mercenary wnkrs.
Benitez gone on 17:03 - Jan 16 with 3508 viewsPinnerPaul

Benitez gone on 16:40 - Jan 16 by Northernr

Absolutely exactly this. They're doing all the same mistakes we did, the most fundamental of which (and I think Newcastle will get done the same way), they're trying to play exactly the same game as Man City and Chelsea - we've got loads of money, so we'll just buy the best players for loads of money. Chelsea don't bother to scout Kante at Caen, they just whack £40m on him when Leicester do. The problem if you try that technique as a middle of the road club is...

1 - the top, top players will just still go to Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd regardless. So you'll be spending your massive money on worse players than they're getting.
2 - you'll pay a premium, partly because people know you're loaded, and partly because you're trying to persuade players to come to you and not a those other clubs.
3 - you'll therefore get players for whom the be all and end all is money. When the going gets tough, they're still getting paid.

You need to look at Leicester and clubs like them, doing things a different way but competing at the top end. If you're just going to try and do the Man City Chelsea thing, you're never going to be as good at it as them, so you'll just burn through money and end up with a squad of mercenary wnkrs.

Mostly agree, I di think Pep is a cut above - it takes a skill to keep players happy (even if being paid millions (which they could get elsewhere) when not playing.

He also gets them working so hard without the ball and playing for each other.

None of those 3 things anyone else up there manages, with the exception of Klopp.

Having a public spat with your £95M striker, 'making up' and then calling him out as soon as you lose is not great management to me!
Benitez gone on 17:09 - Jan 16 with 3464 viewsToast_R

Benitez brought in Townsend and Gray who have probably been their best performers this season. God knows where they go from here, yet another change of manager wanting his own players layered over the ones signed by the past three managers. They need a huge clearout. What a mess.

If the bottom three have any fight in them, Everton could be in big trouble.
Benitez gone on 17:11 - Jan 16 with 3447 viewsNorthernr

Benitez gone on 17:09 - Jan 16 by Toast_R

Benitez brought in Townsend and Gray who have probably been their best performers this season. God knows where they go from here, yet another change of manager wanting his own players layered over the ones signed by the past three managers. They need a huge clearout. What a mess.

There's a few around them who are going to be saved because the bottom three are just so utterly rank.
Benitez gone on 17:12 - Jan 16 with 3436 viewsPinnerPaul

Benitez gone on 17:09 - Jan 16 by Toast_R

Probably have enough 'quality' to survive, but fans are not going to be happy with that again next season - and the merry go round will continue!
Login to get fewer ads

Benitez gone on 17:12 - Jan 16 with 3434 viewshantssi

Benitez gone on 16:29 - Jan 16 by Boston

Rooney would be the right fit, but I doubt he'll bail on Derby while the greatest comeback in their (possibly any teams history) is still possible.

I hope he stays, it does him great credit that they’re very competitive and would be well up the table without the points deductions having been unable to sign anybody and in fact losing players.
If he goes there now it could all easily end in tears like Lampard at the scum.
SG appears to be doing it the right way, Rooney should take a good look at him.
Benitez gone on 17:17 - Jan 16 with 3408 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Benitez gone on 17:03 - Jan 16 by PinnerPaul

Mostly agree, I di think Pep is a cut above - it takes a skill to keep players happy (even if being paid millions (which they could get elsewhere) when not playing.

He also gets them working so hard without the ball and playing for each other.

None of those 3 things anyone else up there manages, with the exception of Klopp.

Having a public spat with your £95M striker, 'making up' and then calling him out as soon as you lose is not great management to me!

Great post as usual PinnerPaul its so refreshing to see City players close down everytime and when they lose the ball fight to the death to get it back .I watched Foden yesterday sprinting around chasing lost causes until he forced the Chelsea keeper to boot it away in panic which led directly to the winning goal.Of course KDB delivered a world class finish after nearly getting killed to death from behind by Kante .
Tuchel got outcoached and schooled last 2 times by City and has no clue how to uses his 100 million dollar striker who must be crying in his sleep switching from Italy .
Our players seem to be working hard for each other and it shows when we score every time.A close knit squad will pay dividends when the pressure really comes in April and May
Benitez gone on 17:17 - Jan 16 with 3409 viewsCamberleyR

Benitez gone on 16:40 - Jan 16 by Northernr

The old moneyball "If we try to play like the Yankees in here, we will lose to the Yankees out there" phrase that you've alluded to on here before.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Benitez gone on 17:17 - Jan 16 with 3400 viewsDavieQPR

They also recruited a top DOF in Brands then totally ignored him until firing him after 7 months. You also had Moshiri , Kenwright and Koeman signing players. on large contracts and now unwanted, without each others knowledge. This leaves a very unbalanced squad and no money to spend.
Benitez gone on 17:17 - Jan 16 with 3405 viewsNorthernr

I'd actually like to see what Rooney does in another job. I thought that appointment was a joke but you can't help but admire what he's done with that circus up there.
Benitez gone on 18:03 - Jan 16 with 3255 viewsGroveR

Benitez gone on 17:17 - Jan 16 by Northernr

I'd actually like to see what Rooney does in another job. I thought that appointment was a joke but you can't help but admire what he's done with that circus up there.

Grudging admiration if he does keep them up because of the tsunami of journalstic jizz that'll inevitably follow like a biblical flood. Not his fault but it would be nice to see credit redound commensurate with what he's done, not who he is.
Benitez gone on 19:19 - Jan 16 with 3089 viewsdaveB

Benitez gone on 17:17 - Jan 16 by Northernr

He has done well although I think Liam Roseinior has been a big part of it, he's a very good coach apparently
Benitez gone on 19:37 - Jan 16 with 3005 viewsShotKneesHoop

An Everton caller tonight on 606 let be known on that the agent who has signed all those deadwood players at Goodison is Kia Joorbachian; who is also the agent for .... Mark Hughes, ....... who is also the agent ....... for all the dross players signed up by .......... Mark Hughess .....to pull on the hoops to get a pension from QPR.

Everton will get relegated and then have the same problem we had in the Championship. They will need to find a Sir Les, a Sir Hoos and a Sir Warbs to have the combined integrity to get Everton out of the shyte that we were in 8 years ago.

Those three have really got us our Rangers back, do we realise this and give them the credit for what they have done?

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Benitez gone on 19:39 - Jan 16 with 2998 viewsNorthernr

Benitez gone on 19:37 - Jan 16 by ShotKneesHoop

An Everton caller tonight on 606 let be known on that the agent who has signed all those deadwood players at Goodison is Kia Joorbachian; who is also the agent for .... Mark Hughes, ....... who is also the agent ....... for all the dross players signed up by .......... Mark Hughess .....to pull on the hoops to get a pension from QPR.

Everton will get relegated and then have the same problem we had in the Championship. They will need to find a Sir Les, a Sir Hoos and a Sir Warbs to have the combined integrity to get Everton out of the shyte that we were in 8 years ago.

Those three have really got us our Rangers back, do we realise this and give them the credit for what they have done?

Joorabchian is a cancer. He's been involved at Reading as well.
Benitez gone on 20:19 - Jan 16 with 2888 viewsted_hendrix

One of the best away grounds in this Country. (historically).

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Benitez gone on 23:06 - Jan 16 with 2696 viewskensalriser

You'd think everybody in the top echelons of football would know all about Joorabchian by now. Madness.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Benitez gone on 23:12 - Jan 16 with 2691 viewsNorthernr

Benitez gone on 23:06 - Jan 16 by kensalriser

You'd think everybody in the top echelons of football would know all about Joorabchian by now. Madness.

Has it ever gone well, anywhere he's been remotely involved?
Benitez gone on 16:06 - Jan 17 with 2384 viewskensalriser

Benitez gone on 23:12 - Jan 16 by Northernr

It's gone very well for him.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Benitez gone on 16:48 - Jan 18 with 2246 viewsbob566

Benitez gone on 23:12 - Jan 16 by Northernr

the only club that had done well from him was the original club that had tevez and maschereno. Whatever club that was in argentina.
Benitez gone on 17:11 - Jan 18 with 2171 viewsrobith

Actually quite impressed by how badly Benitez has gone. Fans hated it off the bat, carried on like a man who didn't give a solitary f**k.

I thought Viera was gonna be a disaster at Palace though, so what do I know
Benitez gone on 18:15 - Jan 18 with 2123 viewsR_from_afar

You could tell something was wrong at Everton when, having splurged a reported £40m on Sigurdsson, a number 10, they then bought Rooney another number 10

Shades of Hughesless and the Rob Green / Julio Cesar debacle grrr

By the way, looking at Rooney's Wikipedia page, I see he made his Everton debut the second time round against one of the most exotic and obscure teams imaginable, nicknamed "The Rose":

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Benitez gone on 18:38 - Jan 18 with 2091 viewsaston_hoop

Mourinho being linked is just hilarious and peak modern Everton

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024