Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dike shove 20:35 - Jan 16 with 4401 viewsBlackCrowe

At the time i thought there was nothing 'foul' about (and it was right in front of me) but bloody how the ref thought that was only a throw in having seen the
vid.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Dike shove on 20:44 - Jan 16 with 2905 viewsQPR_Jim

Reading the comments on twitter I think our next international fight will be with the USA, do they not know we've already taken down China?

As for the tackle, frustrated actions of someone not getting a sniff and a bit cowardly imho.
Dike shove on 20:46 - Jan 16 with 2888 viewsHAMRanger

How the f*ck did he not even get a yellow for that!!! Tugging a player's shirt gets you a yellow these days.
Dike shove on 20:47 - Jan 16 with 2863 viewsBlackCrowe

HamRanger....do you live in Ham?

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Dike shove on 20:48 - Jan 16 with 2847 viewsParkRoyalR

Agree, but thought Dike was very respectful towards Barbet once he'd realised his push had sent him into the advertising hoardings and cut his head.

We need to review safety around our pitch as with Bournemouth player falling into TV Pit, it's a very tight pitch with not much room for error.
Dike shove on 20:54 - Jan 16 with 2770 viewsHAMRanger

Dike shove on 20:47 - Jan 16 by BlackCrowe

HamRanger....do you live in Ham?

I'm in Hamptom
Dike shove on 20:55 - Jan 16 with 2757 viewsEsox_Lucius

Dike shove on 20:48 - Jan 16 by ParkRoyalR

Agree, but thought Dike was very respectful towards Barbet once he'd realised his push had sent him into the advertising hoardings and cut his head.

We need to review safety around our pitch as with Bournemouth player falling into TV Pit, it's a very tight pitch with not much room for error.

The Robin Van Persie Memorial Pit was open for business yesterday too.

The grass is always greener.

Dike shove on 21:21 - Jan 16 with 2591 viewsbosh67

It looks terrible and it resulted in a very bad injury that could ave been a lot worse. But, Dikes does lead with his foot towards the ball and then leans in to Barbet as part of the momentum. Anywhere else on the pitch Barbet goes flying but to no ill effect. It is surprising that it wasn't seen as a fan but having watched it many times now there certainly doesn't appear to be any intent other than to fight for the ball. What happened next was awful but having seen so many out of control tackles where the player has a moment to hurt another, this isn't one of them, in my opinion. It worked in our favour ultimately because Barbet returned to a pitch where he had been unbeatable and came back as unplayable. I really hope we can convince Barbet to stay because his attitude is what this club is all about.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Dike shove on 21:21 - Jan 16 with 2588 viewsozranger

I thought at the time and I am still of the opinion that this incident will be reviewed by the EFL (as with Charlie's stomp last season). The referee chose not to caution or send off Dike which, I believe opens up the situation for the EFL to take retrospective action against Dike if they deem it requires such. The choice by Dike at the time to definitely and purposefully push Barbet into the hoarding surely has to attract some attention.

Will that happen? No idea, but do not be surprised it it does.
Login to get fewer ads

Dike shove on 21:25 - Jan 16 with 2553 viewsBoston

You'd miss at least three games in ice hockey for a challenge like that.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Dike shove on 21:29 - Jan 16 with 2522 viewsstevenagehoop

Dike shove on 21:21 - Jan 16 by bosh67

It looks terrible and it resulted in a very bad injury that could ave been a lot worse. But, Dikes does lead with his foot towards the ball and then leans in to Barbet as part of the momentum. Anywhere else on the pitch Barbet goes flying but to no ill effect. It is surprising that it wasn't seen as a fan but having watched it many times now there certainly doesn't appear to be any intent other than to fight for the ball. What happened next was awful but having seen so many out of control tackles where the player has a moment to hurt another, this isn't one of them, in my opinion. It worked in our favour ultimately because Barbet returned to a pitch where he had been unbeatable and came back as unplayable. I really hope we can convince Barbet to stay because his attitude is what this club is all about.

Sorry Bosh- have to disagree with you - think he knew exactly what he was doing. Not shoulder to shoulder in my opinion and the fact that the hoardings are so close to the pitch has to bring into consideration that the player should have taken into account the possible consequences of his action. In my opinion referee got this one wrong.

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

Dike shove on 21:44 - Jan 16 with 2425 viewsdannyblue

Look at Dike's reaction after the challenge. He punches the air like he's achieved something. I think he knew what he was doing.

Edit: Perhaps he was just pumped and upset about a throw in decision.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2022 21:45]
Dike shove on 22:10 - Jan 16 with 2271 viewsdixiedean

If that isn’t endangering an opponent, I don’t know what is. Particularly as the ref was strict on other challenges by forwards eg disallowing Gray’s goal and penalising Dykes for being too strong for Furlong in 2nd half. Typical inconsistency- and right under the 4th official’s nose in case it wasn’t obvious enough. Poor from Hooper .
Dike shove on 22:12 - Jan 16 with 2255 viewsdaveB

I thought he knew what he was doing, very sly and dangerous
Dike shove on 22:35 - Jan 16 with 2114 viewsLazyFan

Dike should have got a Yellow, if it was a defender doing it to an attacker on a breakaway it would have been a yellow.

zzzzzzzzzz

Dike shove on 22:36 - Jan 16 with 2108 viewsGloryHunter

Can anyone explain why the referee stopped the match? He didn't give a foul, and the injured player was off the pitch. Why not just restart play?
Dike shove on 22:41 - Jan 16 with 2073 viewsMrSheen

Dike shove on 22:36 - Jan 16 by GloryHunter

Can anyone explain why the referee stopped the match? He didn't give a foul, and the injured player was off the pitch. Why not just restart play?

We wondered that too. Bad conscience for missing the original foul, perhaps.

Not the place for this perhaps, but Albion must be on their 30th “New Cyrille Regis” by now, and they might be onto something with Dike. He’s the kind of nightmare target-man I hoped Dykes would become, with added pace. Finishing not proven on yesterday’s evidence, all the more credit to our defence.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2022 22:43]
Dike shove on 22:46 - Jan 16 with 2043 viewskensalriser

Jeez! That's violent conduct and endangering an opponent for me. Not even the slightest intention to play the ball.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Dike shove on 22:51 - Jan 16 with 2021 viewsStanisgod

Dike shove on 20:46 - Jan 16 by HAMRanger

How the f*ck did he not even get a yellow for that!!! Tugging a player's shirt gets you a yellow these days.

Not if your a West Brom player apparently. Willocks was almost pulled off in the fitst half, no yellow.
Pull someones arm on halfway line, yellow.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Dike shove on 22:52 - Jan 16 with 2018 viewsLogman

Dike shove on 22:36 - Jan 16 by GloryHunter

Head injury. Game gets stopped and medical assistance given.
Dike shove on 22:58 - Jan 16 with 1997 viewsdistortR

In many ways, the op answers it's own question - "At the time I thought there was nothing foul about it (and it was right in front of me)......having seen the vid"

Tbf to the ref, he only had the one look at it as well.
Dike shove on 23:05 - Jan 16 with 1973 viewsNorthernr

Cnt's trick. He knows it. We know it. Everybody knows it.
Dike shove on 23:25 - Jan 16 with 1922 viewsStanisgod

Dike shove on 21:21 - Jan 16 by bosh67

Leans into Barbet! Sorry mate but are you sure youre watching the right bit of film. He purposely rams his shoulder into Barbet as though he is shoulder charging a door, knowing full well the dug out was there so close.
Dangerous play at least.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Dike shove on 23:50 - Jan 16 with 1863 viewsGloryHunter

Dike shove on 22:52 - Jan 16 by Logman

Head injury. Game gets stopped and medical assistance given.

Yes, but the head injury occurred off the pitch, and the injured player was already off the pitch.
Dike shove on 01:34 - Jan 17 with 1742 viewsMatch82

Dike shove on 23:50 - Jan 16 by GloryHunter

Yes, but the head injury occurred off the pitch, and the injured player was already off the pitch.

Given where he was and needing to be treated in place, would the medical staff have been encroaching on the pitch if it had continued? Only thing I can think of
Dike shove on 01:35 - Jan 17 with 1740 viewsVancouverHoop

This type of discussion reminds me why I'd never pick 'trial by jury' if I ever ended up in court.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024